Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

April 2015 Mamas!

1. Rockies11

persimmon / 1363 posts

@PawPrints: I have an updated due date - April 21st, and this is my second baby!

Bad news today regarding the ultrasound we thought was good news - the heartbeat was low - 96 bpm, at 5w6d. There was also bleeding in there, which is not a surprise because of all the bleeding in this pregnancy. Anyway, Dr. Google says that the low heart rate that early isn't always a bad sign, but it still elevates the risk of miscarriage, so it's not a good sign. This pregnancy has been very stressful, and there seems to be no end in sight. I am really glad that it's not my first pregnancy or I would be losing my mind.

2. Mrs. Sunshine

hostess / cantaloupe / 6486 posts

@Rockies11: oh hugs & prayers

3. NeekieRose

persimmon / 1386 posts

@lilyofthewest: that is really impressive!

@Mrs. Sunshine: "It's so strange how I simultaneously want to eat nothing & everything all at once."....this, exactly.

@Marionberry: If I was you, I'd be demanding that DH gave me weekly ultrasounds! Ha

@PawPrints: this is #2 for me too!

4. NeekieRose

persimmon / 1386 posts

@Rockies11: oh no! Hopefully Dr. Google is right and it's not a bad sign. Are you having any followup?

5. marionberry

pomelo / 5041 posts

@Rockies11: I'm so sorry you're going through this. I hope that it increases as it was so early to even see a heartbeat. When will you go in again? And you're right, not having it be your first baby helps. That's how I feel.

6. marionberry

pomelo / 5041 posts

@NeekieRose: he himself is a CT and rad tech and not an ultrasound tech so he wouldn't be much help. You're not supposed to scan in a hospital without a doctor's order, so it's a bummer for me. It is common that ultrasound techs scan themselves or each other but they're usually not supposed to. I would though if I could!!

7. Rockies11

persimmon / 1363 posts

@Mrs. Sunshine: @NeekieRose: @marionberry: thanks ladies! I am having more hcgs to make sure it's still going up (the numbers were fine on the day of the ultrasound) and then another ultrasound on the 4th. Dr. Google says that if the low heartbeat is a sign of fetal demise, then I should miscarry within the week, so I probably wouldn't make it to the next ultrasound. A 96 bpm heartrate at 6 weeks is in the borderline range, so a study I read said that it increases the chances of a miscarriage from 9.5 percent to 17 percent. I still feel like garbage, and was sick overnight and have horrible diareaha so that's a good sign that my hcg is still up. I am keeping myself calm with the same thing I have this whole bizarre and uncertain pregnancy - overwhelmingly the odds are still in favour of me having a heallthy happy baby at the end of this.

8. marionberry

pomelo / 5041 posts

@Rockies11: you're a very strong lady! Praying for good results for you!

9. loki

pear / 1787 posts

@Rockies11: you are amazing. so sorry you have to go through the stress of this but hopefully it was just early and everything stays on track.

10. SunshineMcC

kiwi / 563 posts

@Rockies11: sending you strength and hugs. Hoping for a great appt on the 4th!

11. HappyBluebird

clementine / 957 posts

@Rockies11: So sorry you have to have this stress but it sounds like you have a good outlook. Fingers crossed and lots of prayers for you!

12. Banana330

nectarine / 2317 posts

@Rockies11: fx for your next appointment.

I have my first scan today (6w5d) I really hope we see a heartbeat etc!

13. NeekieRose

persimmon / 1386 posts

@Banana330: Hope you get to see the heartbeat!! Exciting!

14. Banana330

nectarine / 2317 posts

@NeekieRose: Thanks!

It's official we have a heartbeat! So relieved. Here the techs can't tell you anything, so I dont' know the heartrate or what the baby was measuring. She was really nice and gave me a little print out to show DH and showed me on the screen the baby, the heart actually beating and the yolk sac.

I'm feeling pretty positive, but 9 weeks is really the milestone I need to get past. I'm going to ask for another scan around then just to make sure the heartbeat is still there. Hopefully they understand and will give me one.

15. NeekieRose

persimmon / 1386 posts

@Banana330: Yah for a heartbeat!!

16. brownie

grapefruit / 4110 posts

@Banana330: Good news. I hope you get the extra scan. There are some benefits to infertility that when you get pregnant, you get to have many early ultrasounds. Good Luck.

Update for me we had a strong 171 heartbeat at 8w0d and an official due date of 4/8/2015.

17. Mrs. Sunshine

@Banana330: so awesome!

18. SunshineMcC

kiwi / 563 posts

@Banana330: Congrats! So happy for you!!

@brownie: Yay for the strong heartbeat!!

19. NeekieRose

persimmon / 1386 posts

@brownie: Yah for the strong heartbeat!

20. Banana330

nectarine / 2317 posts

@brownie: Thanks me too. Congrats on the heartbeat

21. loki

pear / 1787 posts

@Banana330: @brownie: congrats to you both on seeing the heartbeat!!!

22. HappyBluebird

clementine / 957 posts

@Banana330: @brownie: Yay for seeing heartbeats!!

23. lilyofthewest

pear / 1697 posts

@SunshineMcC: There are ads for ChexMix showing on this post now!

24. SunshineMcC

kiwi / 563 posts

@lilyofthewest: Ah, that's hilarious! Digital marketing *stalking* at its best! I'm so craving my afternoon chocolate right now, but trying not to cave. I had a HUGE salad for lunch but am hungry again!

25. SunshineMcC

kiwi / 563 posts

Am having a bit of a worry day, thinking about genetic screening, birth defects and other bad things. I take medicine for anxiety and DH and I made a conscious decision that me on meds pregnant was better for me and a baby then me without meds, but made the mistake of googling the medicine and birth defects earlier today. Not good. My faith is strong and I KNOW that God will take care of me and this baby, but am struggling with so much lack of control right now, and it's hard.

I hope you guys don't see this as a debbie downer post! Normally I'd call my mom to talk, but she doesn't know our news yet!

26. Rockies11

persimmon / 1363 posts

@brownie: @Banana330: Yay! So exciting.

27. Mrs. Sunshine

@SunshineMcC: you are doing what's best for you &baby. I'll will pray that God will give you peace about your decision!

28. SunshineMcC

kiwi / 563 posts

@Mrs. Sunshine: Thanks so much! Your post made me tear up. XO

29. Mrs. Sunshine

@SunshineMcC:

What I'm experiencing isn't even nausea. I just gag on everything. Or if I brush my teeth. Or think about a vegetable. I'm just so hungry & really don't want any of the food we have. The whole "keep something in your stomach at all times" is no even helping. It's so different from last time

30. Banana330

nectarine / 2317 posts

@SunshineMcC: sorry you're having a bad day. Control is really something you have to let go of in pregnancy. You are the best home for your baby and today everything is fine. No point worrying about things that might happen., just cause things can doesn't mean they will. Enjoy the pregnancy day by day and try not to get caught up in what ifs.

31. Mrs.Pinecone316

persimmon / 1316 posts

Hi Ladies! Finally feel more ready to join this board after I had my first ultrasound yesterday. Found out I am pregnant with TWINS after my first IVF cycle.

EDD: April 15th, but with twins I know they don't let you go 40 weeks looks like it will be more like March babies.

How far along: 7 weeks today

First child? Yep!

First doctor appointment: Yesterday was my first ultrasound. Next is in 2 weeks.

Any symptoms so far? Currently just not much of an appetite and lots of cramping from the progesterone I am on.

Who have you told? Well since it was quite a struggle to get here I confided in my family and closest friends. I probably would have told no one at this point if we got pregnant without issues but things don't always go the way you want so more people know that I am really comfortable with this early.. but praying for the best!

Looking forward to getting to know everyone!

32. brownie

grapefruit / 4110 posts

@Mrs.Pinecone316: Welcome to this thread as well!

33. NeekieRose

persimmon / 1386 posts

@Mrs.Pinecone316: Twins! So exciting! Welcome and congrats!

34. NeekieRose

persimmon / 1386 posts

@SunshineMcC: It's so hard when you think about everything we do that could affect the babies, but you are doing what is best for you and your baby!

@Mrs. Sunshine: ugh...hopefully this will all be behind you as soon as we get through the first trimester...

35. Mrs. Sunshine

@NeekieRose: I hope so!!
    @Mrs.Pinecone316: welcome & congratulations! Twins sound so exciting! !

My symptoms are really getting rough (which is good) but we are leaving Tuesday for an 8+ hour road trip with a easily car sick pregnant lady, our almost 1 year old & my in laws (all in one vehicle!). I'm getting nervous. I hope it won't be as rough as I expect

36. NeekieRose

persimmon / 1386 posts

@Mrs. Sunshine: oh geez. That sounds like it will be quite the adventure! Good luck!

37. HappyBluebird

clementine / 957 posts

@Mrs.Pinecone316: Congrats! Yay twins!

38. marionberry

pomelo / 5041 posts

@Mrs.Pinecone316: Thank you for joining us! I'm so excited to follow your twin pregnancy!
    @Mrs. Sunshine: this is me all the time! Super hungry but nothing looks good and when it does it's usually some big carb, blah!
    @SunshineMcC: have you talked to your doctor about your meds? I would think they would tell you about the risks and such. Praying your baby is perfectly healthy.

39. PawPrints

pomegranate / 3658 posts

Update. Welcome @Mrs.Pinecone316!

40. NeekieRose

persimmon / 1386 posts

@PawPrints: love the updated calendar!

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee