Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

April 2015 Mamas!

1. SunshineMcC

kiwi / 563 posts

@Banana330: Thank you! Hugs!

@Mrs.Pinecone316: Congrats! Congrats! TWINS?! How exciting! My husband & I went through three IUI's and then got PG on our own - so happy for you! Welcome!

@marionberry: Yes, I met with a couple doctors 2 years ago when we started trying, and decided that the risks were minimal compared to me off the meds. It's just been awhile since I've revisited that info, so am going to do a follow-up visit to reassure me.

Ultrasound appointment tomorrow - 8w1d! We're planning to tell our parents this weekend. We're going on a road trip to visit mine first, and I bought a cute frame to put the sonogram pic in, and it says "coming soon" on it. I also put a onesie in the mail today to my little sister that says, "Fancy Like My Aunt" on it. I told her she's not allowed to open it until she calls me - I'm sure she has no idea!

Hoping you're all having a great day!

2. SunshineMcC

kiwi / 563 posts

@Mrs. Sunshine: Good luck on the road trip! We only have a 3 hour trip this weekend, and I'm hoping DH will do all the driving.

3. Rockies11

persimmon / 1363 posts

@SunshineMcC: You have got to take care of you in order to take care of the baby! I took a lot of medication with LO#1 due to hypermesis/severe nausea, and it worked out just fine, notwithstanding the occasional study that pops up with mixed results.

@Mrs.Pinecone316: Welcome! So exciting! How are you feeling?

I am feeling really, really, really rotten today, so that's a great sign! I have to do serial HCG blood tests for the next couple of weeks to make sure things are progressing still, which is stressful because every day is a day I could get a bad result. I am really looking forward to getting the next ultrasound and having some clarity about what's going on, but I am feeling optimistic still given the increased symptoms today.

4. lulu22

apricot / 306 posts

@Mrs.Pinecone316: Welcome! And congrats on your double exciting news! Twins! oh my!

@SunshineMcC: I just want to say I agree with all the others - you have to keep yourself healthy for the baby to be healthy. I also suffer from anxiety (currently unmedicated) and I've definitely noticed some of my old symptoms/panic attacks coming back since I became pregnant. So I would say that if you were medicated pre-pregnancy, you made a good decision to continue once pregnant. I'm sure if your dr thought that there were risks with your medication then he/she would explore options to change meds. When you are pregnant, there are horror stories on the internet for EVERYTHING. I try to take what I read on the internet with a grain of salt - if it's not in one of the two pregnancy books/manuals i have, and not in my ovia app, then I try my hardest to ignore it. It's hard, but I try to stay positive and think about how perfect and wonderful my baby is going to be instead of all the things that could (but probably won't) go wrong.

5. marionberry

pomelo / 5041 posts

@SunshineMcC: So jealous of your ultrasound! I hope it's a great one and you see your little gummy bear dance. I'm so anxious for mine.

6. SunshineMcC

kiwi / 563 posts

@Rockies11: thanks so much for sharing! Sorry you're feeling crummy but I agree that it's a great sign. Continuing to send you good vibes!

@lulu22: Thank you for sharing! Anxiety isn't fun but it always makes me feel better when others share so I know I'm not alone. I hope your symptoms subside soon. Deep breathing and meditation have really helped me... There is an app called meditation oasis that I have and it includes tons of meditation podcasts. It's great! And you're right, our babies will be perfect and wonderful! Hugs to you!

@marionberry: thanks! We're pretty excited! When is your next one ? The 4th? Hoping its great and you see a dancing little one too! Waiting is so hard!

7. Mrs.Pinecone316

persimmon / 1316 posts

@brownie:Thanks!
    @SunshineMcC: Thanks! Congrats too you too! Love your announcements idea's. They will love it!
    @Rockies11: Thanks! I am actually feeling pretty good now. I don't have much of an appetite but always feel like I am hungry. But no nausea or anything like that. Just really crampy from my progesterone I am on. When is your next US? Hope your betas gives you some reassurance!
    @lulu22: Thanks!

8. Mrs.Pinecone316

persimmon / 1316 posts

And thanks to everyone for the welcome from page 19 haha. Every time I tried to reply it would keep bringing me back o page 20 making it hard to reply to everyone. But happy to be here and happy for all us April Mommas!

9. marionberry

pomelo / 5041 posts

@SunshineMcC: no the 2nd luckily - 4 days and counting. I'll be looking forward to your update tomorrow!

10. lulu22

apricot / 306 posts

@SunshineMcC: oh thanks so much for the app recommendation! I am going to download it now. I used to do weekly meditation class, but then I moved and have not been able to find anything similar in my new area, so the app sounds great!

11. SunshineMcC

kiwi / 563 posts

Good news! Ultrasound yesterday was great! Heart rate was 180, and everything looked great. We go back in 2 weeks for another. We told my parents last night and it was amazing - lots of hugs and tears, and they both kissed my belly and told baby that they loved him/her. It was so sweet and I'm so glad they know!

Happy long weekend, all!

12. Mrs. Sunshine

hostess / cantaloupe / 6486 posts

@SunshineMcC: so exciting! Congratulations! !

13. marionberry

pomelo / 5041 posts

@SunshineMcC: So happy for you! That's awesome. I'm glad your parents were so great too.

14. Rockies11

persimmon / 1363 posts

@Mrs.Pinecone316: it's the 4th! I am really hopinbg that we get some clear results. With positive serial HCG numbers all week and no spotting, I am feeling more confident about it! @SunshineMcC: yay for great ultrasound and great response! how sweet.

Yesterday at about 3 am the hypermesis really kicked in, resulting in a very awkward drive to my parents' cabin for the long weekend, and hospitalization for IV fluids once we got here. Bummer that it kicked in even earlier than last pregnancy, but a good sign given the uncertainty of this pregnancy.

15. marionberry

pomelo / 5041 posts

@Rockies11: You poor thing! I couldn't imagine that. This constant yucky feeling is bad enough. So eager for your u/s Thursday! I'm sure it will be positive.

16. PawPrints

pomegranate / 3658 posts

@Rockies11: So sorry about your hyperemesis! That sounds rough.

17. HappyBluebird

clementine / 957 posts

@SunshineMcC: Yay for seeing the heartbeat! And that's awesome that they had that response!

@Rockies11: Oh no! I'm sorry to hear about the hypermesis! I can't imagine how that is! You seem like you have a good outlook though!

18. meredithNYC

pomegranate / 3314 posts

Sorry I have been so MIA since joining this board! I was visiting family for two weeks and just didn't feel like I could be online a lot. Plus, I absolutely suck at typing on my phone so don't often bother with it.

So glad to see all the progress here and the many successful ultrasounds. My first appointment is on Thursday, the 4th, and I'm getting anxious. My morning sickness has been pretty yucky, but of course when I have an "easier" day I start worrying that something is wrong, rather than enjoying the break. Sigh.

19. Mrs. Sunshine

@Rockies11: Oh my gosh I can't even imagine. I'm so sorry!

Some things that have been helping me is Lemon-Lime seltzer water & last night I made chicken zoodle (zucchini noodle) soup & whole wheat grilled cheese sandwiches. It didn't even taste like I was eating veggies & the soup totally helped to calm my stomach. Lemon zest Luna bars help me too. I'm trying really hard to stick with eating real foods but the thought of most of them makes me want to gag. If anyone else wants to share what's been helping them that would be great!

We leave for our 8+ hour road trip tomorrow at 4am! & we're bringing our almost one year old....I hope we all make it through alive! Any tips for taming car sickness plus morning sickness & keeping my LO happy would be great! lol enjoy the rest of your weekend ladies!

20. PawPrints

pomegranate / 3658 posts

@Mrs. Sunshine: Soups have been helping me. Last week I really enjoyed a potato leek soup and a tomato soup. Lentils are good too. Still loving simple carbs and pizza though.

21. delight

pomelo / 5326 posts

@Rockies11: oh that sounds so rough but yes, likely a good sign things are progressing. Thinking of you!
    @Mrs. Sunshine: have a great trip! We did an 8 hour trip a few weeks ago with our one year old. I sat it the back with her during her awake times and played with her and have her some snacks. Then I sat up front for naps so I wouldn't distract her. We stopped frequently to stretch and she did great.
    @meredithNYC: good luck at your appointment!
    @SunshineMcC: congrats on great ultrasound! It sounds like your family had a great reaction to the pregnancy!
    @Mrs.Pinecone316: welcome to the April group

We had DD's 1st birthday party Saturday as well as moved into our new home. Everything went great! I think a few people suspect something about me since I was avoiding any heavy lifting and not drinking wine. My brother also told me in private that he and my SIL are expecting. They just found out so our due dates will be so close! We had our first babies last year a month apart so I'm pumped! I'm just trying to hold off until our scan Friday to tell our news.

22. Mrs. Sunshine

@delight: well, we are traveling with our in laws & taking the same vehicle so two people will have to be in the back with LO which does distract her so I am a little worried about sleep. But I plan on bringing toys & I downloaded some Mickey mouse episodes to my kindle. & of course there will be snacks. I hope my MIL doesn't think I'm crazy if I ask her not to talk at all while LO tries to fall asleep lol
    Congrats to you & your brother! That's so exciting that you get to go through the same things together!....I hope this week flies by so you can report back with news of your scan!

23. meredithNYC

pomegranate / 3314 posts

@Mrs. Sunshine: We did a 12 hour road trip yesterday with my 2 year old and very stinky dog - in a Prius It was kind of rough and I was super worried about how I would feel with morning sickness and exhaustion, but it didn't end up being as bad as I feared. I mostly just gave myself free reign to enjoy crappy fast food without guilt and tried to get frequent breaks for fresh air. My toddler was surprisingly well-behaved and was pretty happy to watch things on the Kindle (a rare treat) and do some coloring. Good luck!

@delight: Thank you! And that's exciting about the babies arriving closely together. My niece is about 3 weeks older than my daughter and it's so fun.

I have no advice on morning sickness as I have never found anything to cure it. I did pick up some ginger candies today at the organic market, so we'll see if they do anything to help.

24. Boopers

pear / 1548 posts

I'm almost 10 weeks and finally threw up for the first time. I was feeling awful and now I'm feeling so much better! I am slightly relieved that I threw up and totally glad I was able to do it at home and not at work! I hope I won't have to throw up again!

How was everyone's weekend? We went to two different children's birthday parties and we ended up telling a few more people our news.

25. loki

pear / 1787 posts

hi everyone. sorry i've been MIA this long weekend. i stayed home from work thurs/fri i have been SO SICK. it is horrible, i am seriously miserable. i know everyone says it's a good sign and it'll be worth it... kinda hard to see that right now. i got a rx for diclectin but haven't been able to bring myself to take it because my dr warned it will make me drowsy and the last thing on earth i wanna be is MORE tired.
    i am super dehydrated because i am finding it even difficult to get water down. i got my gummy vitamins so that is helping me feel like my baby is getting a bit of nutrients. but i seriously had a breakdown this morning and bawled to my DH because i have lost 8 lbs first time in my life i've been sad about losing weight. but i know it's not healthy and it's because i've barely eaten and i am constantly throwing up. it's really hard not to feel like a failure as a mom already and if anything is wrong with LO i will never forgive myself
    sorry to be such a downer. next week we go to see the dr and get our ultrasound referral (is that what it's called) so we are hoping to go next monday or tuesday. my friend told me that ultrasound techs tell you nothing though and i feel like that is totally gonna stress me out! wah.
    thanks for letting me vent, glad things are going well for everyone!

26. Banana330

nectarine / 2317 posts

@loki: Seriously take it! it only made me tired the first few days but since then I'm not more tired then normal. It's really helped reduce the vomiting, although i'm still gagging a bit. I was pretty sick last time but feel 100x better this time with the medication. It does take a few days to kick in and take it at the same time each day, i'm on the full dose two at night, one in the morning and at lunch. I wouldn't be able to function without it.

27. loki

pear / 1787 posts

@Banana330: hm my dr only gave me 20 pills and told me to only take one at night... not sure what the dosage is. honestly the thought of swallowing a pill makes me gag. i don't mind the actual throwing up, it's the constant nauseous feeling/gagging i hate. sometimes i feel better after throwing up. i'm just so nervous to try it and it not help but i know i'm totally being a baby. i should've started while i was off work/on the weekend so i'd have a few days to sleep it off and feel better... buuut i didn't.

28. Banana330

nectarine / 2317 posts

@loki: does your doc understand how sick you're feeling? from what i've read the 4 pills a day is the standard dose. I started out taking three, but upped it to 4 as I started feeling worse in the afternoons.

29. loki

pear / 1787 posts

@Banana330: she told me the max dose is 2 pills but to start with 1 and if it doesn't help to up it to 2... i have an appt next monday so i'll start taking it this week and if her suggestions don't help i'll definitely bring it up next week. thanks for your input... and glad to know i'm not the only one struggling. feeling like a failure these days because all of my friends seemed to breeze through 1st tri.

30. Banana330

nectarine / 2317 posts

@loki: ya most of my friends had it easier in the first tri too.. I was so sick last time and the only reason i'm not as bad this time is the meds. I still threw up on the weekend but only once instead of a few times a day. i'll take it!

31. meredithNYC

pomegranate / 3314 posts

@loki: Oh, I'm sorry. You have every right to be feeling miserable and venting about it right now. I think it's just one of those things that you cannot imagine until you are in the thick of it.

I have no advice since I never found anything to help my morning sickness, but I'm thinking the prescription has to be worth a shot. I'm hoping things start looking up for you soon

32. loki

pear / 1787 posts

@meredithNYC: thanks so much. i just replied to your other post but it's probably fairly obvious i am not working out! haha. i told my dh this morning "this kid better be super awesome or i'm gonna be livid" haha.

33. As Time Goes By

apricot / 346 posts

Hi everyone! I was on vacation this past week, so I missed out in quite a bit. I'm glad that everyone is having positive appointments, but I'm sorry that so many are feeling so crummy.

Not too much going on here. We told family at 8 weeks and they were all very surprised and so excited! I've also told my closest friend since she let me know she is due 4 days after me!

34. loki

pear / 1787 posts

@As Time Goes By: oh my goodness, so exciting about your friend! that will be so fun! my friend (i've probably mentioned this 100 times in this thread) is about 5 weeks ahead of me and it's so nice to have someone to complain with, bounce things off of, etc...

35. HappyBluebird

clementine / 957 posts

@loki: Boo! I'm sorry you are feeling so crappy! Hoping that you are feeling better soon!

36. As Time Goes By

apricot / 346 posts

@loki: we're pretty excited! It's her second so she'll be a pro at everything but we are already planning weekly walks for our mat leaves! It's nice to have people to share with that are going through the same thing!

37. loki

pear / 1787 posts

@HappyBluebird: thank you!

@As Time Goes By: ya mat leave with friends is the dream. 3 of my closest friends (bridesmaids!) will have mat leave overlap with me!!! super pumped about that.

38. NeekieRose

persimmon / 1386 posts

@loki: I'm sorry you are feeling so bad. Unless your doctor is worried about your weight loss, I wouldn't be. And definitely don't beat yourself up about it! I lost 15lb the first trimester last time because I basically didn't eat. I slowly gained those 15lbs back in the 2nd and 3rd trimester so I ended up with a net 0 for total pregnancy weight. It was great. Hopefully the medicine helps out!

39. NeekieRose

persimmon / 1386 posts

I'm jealous of all of you that have friends who will have maternity leave at the same time! One of my best friends and I were both planning on trying starting this fall, but as we know, this baby is coming a little earlier than planned! So it doesn't look like we will be on leave at the same time unfortunately.

40. loki

pear / 1787 posts

@NeekieRose: ya i'll mention it next appt. i was going to try to lose weight by being active & healthy because i can definitely stand to lose a few lbs. this certainly is not the healthy way... but as long as baby is getting what she needs i'm okay with it. she is eating all my fat reserves... i love her already! haha. you made me feel better! and i would LOVE to gain zero lbs!!! you have us during your mat leave

eta: i just realized i exclusively referenced the baby as a girl in that paragraph. that is how convinced i am haha.

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee