Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

April 2015 Mamas!

1. Mrs. Sunshine

hostess / cantaloupe / 6486 posts

Thanks for the update on you & for reminding me to add my next appointment @Boopers!

Updating with my next appointment

Next Appointment
    10/1 - marionberry (#2, twins) - NT Scan
    10/02 - Banana330 - NT Scan
    10/07 - Rockies11 - NT Scan
    10/09- Boopers
    10/22 - SunshineMcC
    10/29- Mrs. Sunshine (#2)
    10/30 – NeekieRose (#2) Anatomy Scan!!
    10/17- Delight (#2) - NT Scan, marionberry (#2, twins)
    11/03- Boopers (anatomy scan!)
    11/18 - SunshineMcC (AS)
    11/20 - As Time Goes By (AS)

Due Dates
    3/28 – Neekierose (#2)
    3/30 - Astro Bee
    4/1 – Boopers
    4/3 – As Time Goes By
    4/6 – Lulu22
    4/7 – Pawprints
    4/8 – Ineebee, Dancingbee, Brownie, anonysquire (#2)
    4/9 – SunshineMcC
    4/10 – Windswept
    4/11 – Marionberry (#2, TWINS), BCHossley
    4/12 – Loki
    4/15 – Mrs.Pinecone316
    4/16 – Banana330
    4/18 – MeredithNYC
    4/19 – Lilyofthewest
    4/21 – Rockies11 (#2)
    4/23- Mrs. Sunshine (#2)
    4/24 – Jenn23 (#2)
    4/30 – Delight (#2)

2. PawPrints

pomegranate / 3658 posts

I have to say, telling friends/relatives/coworkers has been the best part of pregnancy so far. People have offered us: an entire set of cloth newborn diapers, a CRIB, and an Ergo carrier. Jackpot!

Not sure yet if it makes up for all the crap in the first trimester, though. So far I give pregnancy a C- overall.

3. marionberry

pomelo / 5041 posts

@PawPrints: I'm glad you've enjoyed telling people! It's my favorite part too. I have a friend who is due about a month ahead of me and we had babies together last time too. If I have girl twins her and I are swapping all of our baby clothes from our last pregnancy which would save me thousands. A crib and an ergo are a great deal!

4. NeekieRose

persimmon / 1386 posts

Updating with my next appointment!

Next Appointment
    10/1 - marionberry (#2, twins) - NT Scan
    10/09- Boopers
    10/22 - SunshineMcC
    10/29- Mrs. Sunshine (#2), NeekieRose (#2)
    11/18 - SunshineMcC (AS)

Due Dates
    3/28 – Neekierose (#2)
    3/30 - Astro Bee
    4/1 – Boopers
    4/3 – As Time Goes By
    4/6 – Lulu22
    4/7 – Pawprints
    4/9 – SunshineMcC
    4/10 – Windswept
    4/12 – Loki
    4/15 – Mrs.Pinecone316
    4/16 – Banana330
    4/18 – MeredithNYC
    4/19 – Lilyofthewest
    4/21 – Rockies11 (#2)
    4/23- Mrs. Sunshine (#2)
    4/24 – Jenn23 (#2)
    4/30 – Delight (#2)

5. NeekieRose

persimmon / 1386 posts

My appointment went well. There wasn't much to it since I don't have any questions. It was kinda funny when the midwife went to find the hb and started pretty low and I told her that I had been finding the hb right below my belly button with my home doppler. Sure enough, that's where it was. She was impressed that my home doppler could find it even though it is just a cheap one.

6. NeekieRose

persimmon / 1386 posts

@loki: Most doctors will probably try to talk you out of an elective c-section for your first. Although I had a really easy recovery, I know that isn't the case for everyone. And I definitely had a minor panic attack when they got me in the operating room, it's pretty overwhelming. End of the day though, if you choose that you want a c-section, I believe most will give it to you.

7. loki

pear / 1787 posts

@PawPrints: C- haha. that's generous. i'm still giving it a D. telling people is definitely the best part. but i also find telling people really hard because they want me to be SUPER excited... which i totally am. but it's hard to show my excitement when i wanna vomit on them. haha.

@marionberry: i hope it's girl twins! or one of each

@NeekieRose: i probably won't push for a c section... i'll give it the old college try... let's just say i wouldn't be disappointed if it went that way, as long as baby isn't in danger or anything! for some reason labour just scares me more than a c section. and i'd love to be able to plan the next baby's arrival date to take some of the stress out of the whole process! but i'll take whatever i get and i'll be happy with anything that provides a healthy little one.

8. Mrs. Sunshine

@NeekieRose: we're appointment buddies

9. Mrs. Sunshine

@PawPrints: haha I'm glad you're enjoying telling everyone! It really is the most fun part until baby starts kicking!

10. SunshineMcC

kiwi / 563 posts

@PawPrints: I agree, we've started to tell more people too and it's so much fun! I called one if my dear friends last night who has little guy and told her we were having a boy! She was do excited, as most if our friends have girls!

@Mrs. Sunshine: I can't wait until I can feel baby moving! I know it varies, but when does that start? 16 weeks?

@marionberry: Good luck today! Thinking of you!

11. SunshineMcC

kiwi / 563 posts

@lilyofthewest: I finally broke down and ordered a pillow last night. It has a 30 day money back guarantee so I figured its worth a try! I can't wait to get it!

12. Mrs. Sunshine

@SunshineMcC: I think it was around 16 or 17 weeks for me. It wasn't super consistent until around 20 weeks though...they say you can feel it sooner with your second, I'm hoping that's true! It's really magical. I can't wait until the first one of us feels our little baby squirm around!

13. marionberry

pomelo / 5041 posts

@SunshineMcC: Thank you! I think I could feel small movements as soon as 14 weeks last time. It depends a lot on placement of your placenta though.
    @Mrs. Sunshine: I think we only feel it sooner because we know what to look for/what it feels like. I keep wondering if I'll feelore movement with two.

Considering the losses suffered by other twin mamas here I've been really anxious for this appt today. I haven't had an ultrasound since eight weeks so something certainly could've happened by now. I'm hoping that we see two babies today and then I can actually start feeling like this pregnancy is real and going to stay. I swear, once an IF always a worrier.

14. PawPrints

pomegranate / 3658 posts

@marionberry: I really hope everything goes well for you today. That is awesome about your friend and the baby clothes swap - did you say *thousands*?? Oh man I guess we better start scouring Goodwill and Craigslist; I was NOT anticipating baby clothes costing that much.

15. Banana330

nectarine / 2317 posts

What do you think about adding the , , symbols to the due date list? They get updated more frequently and I feel like a few people have found out but I can't keep track easily who knows and who doesn't yet.

16. loki

pear / 1787 posts

@marionberry: i hope everything goes well for you today! i'll be thinking about you non stop and waiting for your update

@Banana330: love this idea!

17. NeekieRose

persimmon / 1386 posts

@SunshineMcC: I didn't feel DD until like 20-22 weeks. So don't freak out if it takes longer. Like @marionberry said, it depends on placenta placement. I had anterior placenta last time so it can take longer to feel. The cool thing was that within a week of feeling her on the inside, I was able to feel her kicks on the outside! I *think* I have already started feeling this baby...but it might be in my head! I never felt the really early movements last time so I'm not sure if it's them.

@Banana330: I like that idea. I can't wait to find out! 31 days until DD's first birthday and gender reveal (not like I'm counting).

@marionberry: Good luck today! I hope all is well with your little babies and you get some good pictures of them! When is your appointment?

@PawPrints: Thousands of dollars is not needed for baby clothes, but it is very, very easy to go crazy on baby clothes. I buy 95% of my clothes from consignment sales and I still spent over $250 last week on 9-12 month clothes for DD. This was totally not necessary. She has a ridic wardrobe. But I justify that I got over a thousand dollars worth of clothes...

@Mrs. Sunshine: yah for appointment twins!

18. Mrs. Sunshine

@marionberry: I think you're right & good luck today!

Also, I think I actually felt movement a little earlier because I read in my what to expect when you're expecting book that the baby would respond to pokes to I'd lay in bed in the mornings pushing & poking LO & I felt her roll away from me once. But i didn't feel movement without me having to annoy her until about 17 weeks lol

@NeekieRose: how far along are you? I actually thought I felt something last night but decided it was probably gas lol

19. NeekieRose

persimmon / 1386 posts

@Mrs. Sunshine: 14+4 so it may not be in my head...

20. Mrs. Sunshine

@PawPrints: we got a lot of hand me downs. Actually about 95% of her wardrobe is hand me downs. Also, don't underestimate people's generosity! Many many women get the majority of what they need in the clothing & even sometimes diaper department at their baby shower.

21. Mrs. Sunshine

@NeekieRose: I bet you totally felt something!!!!

22. NeekieRose

persimmon / 1386 posts

@Mrs. Sunshine: @PawPrints: That is *very* true. From gifts alone we would have been pretty set for clothes. I just have no self control. The kid has an overflowing large plastic bin for each size range. Don't be like me. Ha.

23. loki

pear / 1787 posts

@NeekieRose: send some of that my way

i have a couple friends with babies but they're all not too much older than my LO will be and all plan on having many more kids. so i really don't have anyone to get hand me downs from. i'm counting on my mom to go nuts... even if she doesn't buy clothes in the style i love, it's better than nothing. i think i'll REALLY need to hold back once i find out the gender!

24. PawPrints

pomegranate / 3658 posts

@loki: I really didn't think I had anyone to get hand-me-downs from either, but some coworkers and friends popped out of the woodwork. I guess you never know. Regardless, I'm hoping to get as much stuff used as I can. We'll be going with the *budget* approach to this adventure.

Here's the calendar again, I think I caught everyone's boy/girl updates (all boys so far, right?)

25. SunshineMcC

kiwi / 563 posts

SO the first maternity clothes shopping trip was a bust! I went to Old Navy and that location doesn't carry maternity, despite being the biggest store in downtown Chicago. Boo! I tried Nordstrom Rack - no go, and then ended up in Gap. I tried on about 8 pairs of jeans, but nothing fit right - either too big where I felt like they'd be falling down until my bump get bigger, or when I sat down, the part of the jeans that connects with the panel cut into my belly. I was so hoping to have some for my weekend trip, but oh well! I might try to sneak out of work early and go shopping this evening!

I love hearing stories about generous friends! My little sister has 2 boys (9 & 4), so I assumed she'd give me all her little guy clothes, but she said that she's not sure they're done having kids yet - so isn't sure! I've already started buying a few things myself and one of DH's friends (who has 2 sisters and is an uncle to 9 kids) assured me that we'd get TONS of clothes as gifts. So fun to think about!

@NeekieRose: @Mrs. Sunshine: @marionberry: thanks for the guidance on when the little guy might start moving around - I can't wait! One morning a few days ago I felt like someone had dropped a tiny droplet of water on my belly from really high, and it woke me up - but that was it, so am guessing it's probably nothing! Wishful thinking!

26. marionberry

pomelo / 5041 posts

@PawPrints: It depends on how thrifty you are of course, but in one year I have 5 large tubs of clothes. They change sizes so frequently that you end up buying a lot. I'm happy to tell you what you don't need though - stores can convince you otherwise.
    @Banana330: great idea!
    @loki: @NeekieRose: @mrs. Sunshine: thank you! My appt is at 150 PST.

27. Banana330

nectarine / 2317 posts

@marionberry: Good luck today!

28. marionberry

pomelo / 5041 posts

@Banana330: thank you!!!

29. lulu22

apricot / 306 posts

@PawPrints: thanks for updating the calendar. You can also make me blue

30. lulu22

apricot / 306 posts

Updating with my next appointment! (and also adding gender to due date!)

Next Appointment
    10/09- Boopers
    10/16 - Lulu22
    10/22 - SunshineMcC
    10/29- Mrs. Sunshine (#2), NeekieRose (#2)
    11/18 - SunshineMcC (AS)
    Due Dates
    3/28 – Neekierose (#2)
    3/30 - Astro Bee
    4/1 – Boopers
    4/3 – As Time Goes By
    4/6 – Lulu22
    4/7 – Pawprints
    4/9 – SunshineMcC
    4/10 – Windswept
    4/12 – Loki
    4/15 – Mrs.Pinecone316
    4/16 – Banana330
    4/18 – MeredithNYC
    4/19 – Lilyofthewest
    4/21 – Rockies11 (#2)
    4/23- Mrs. Sunshine (#2)
    4/24 – Jenn23 (#2)
    4/30 – Delight (#2)

31. lulu22

apricot / 306 posts

@marionberry: hope your appointment went well! I've been thinking of you this afternoon!

32. marionberry

pomelo / 5041 posts

I'm at dinner with DH but wanted to let you guys know both babies are doing well and their measurements came back within normal range. I'm attaching a photo. It's not that great but we got lots of each baby individually.

33. Mrs. Sunshine

@marionberry: GREAT news!! Hi babies!!

34. PawPrints

pomegranate / 3658 posts

@marionberry: That is amazing. Great news!

Here's the calendar again.

35. Banana330

nectarine / 2317 posts

@marionberry: YAY! great news...

36. Boopers

pear / 1548 posts

@marionberry: so cool! Yay for everything looking great!

37. marionberry

pomelo / 5041 posts

@Mrs. Sunshine: @PawPrints: @Banana330: @boopers: we're very excited!!

38. delight

pomelo / 5326 posts

@marionberry: oh your babies are the cutest!

My doc didn't even try with the Doppler yesterday at 10w. She said she doesn't try til 13w. Ah well, now I just have to wait 17 more days until my NT scan. Time moves so slowly in first trimester. I can't believe some of you are already into the 2nd!

39. loki

pear / 1787 posts

@marionberry: wow I'm so happy to see those lil nuggets!!! Congrats on a great appointment they're so snug in there!

40. marionberry

pomelo / 5041 posts

@delight: Thank you! Of course we think so...
    @loki: They are snug, but I was surprised at how much room they're already taking up. Baby B is located a little higher than my belly button already. No wonder my belly is so big up high already.

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee