Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

April 2015 Mamas!

1. marionberry

pomelo / 5041 posts

@ineebee: I wanted to tell you, my ultrasound tech today said that the doctors at my MFM clinic consider under 3.5 normal...thought that might make you feel better.

2. SunshineMcC

kiwi / 563 posts

@marionberry: congrats!!!! So sweet ! I'm so glad the appointment went well. They look very cozy! Any indications on gender??

3. marionberry

pomelo / 5041 posts

@SunshineMcC: No not at all... we'll have to wait until our anatomy scan.

4. NeekieRose

persimmon / 1386 posts

@marionberry: Yah! Go glad all is well with both babies! Random question, is there any method to determining which baby is A and which is B?

5. Banana330

nectarine / 2317 posts

So I had a small setback at work, something I had been working on for the last month, and was reviewed by my manager to be ok, was sent higher up the chain. My manager sent a revision he did and it's been completely changed! Normally i'd be frustrated and vent a little, but this time i burst in to tears! luckily i'm working from home, cause I have my NT scan today but i'm a mess. This the first real emotional outbreak for me, damn you hormones!

6. marionberry

pomelo / 5041 posts

@NeekieRose: yep the one closest to the cervix is baby a.
    @Banana330: I'm so sorry! I am way more emotional at work now too. Good luck on your NT scan!

7. Mrs. Sunshine

hostess / cantaloupe / 6486 posts

Well guys I'm headed to the ER. I've had intense vomiting & diarrhea for about 6 hours now. I can't even keep water down & I'm in a ton of pain. I really hope this is over soon. I have a really low tolerance for vomiting.

8. Banana330

nectarine / 2317 posts

@Mrs. Sunshine: Oh no, do you know what from?

9. Mrs. Sunshine

@Banana330: not a clue. I was feeling bad all afternoon/evening yesterday but that's pretty normal for me right now. It just kept getting worse &worse. I haven't really slept & I just feel so bad. My daughter & husband eat the same things I do so I really don't think it was something I ate.

10. Banana330

nectarine / 2317 posts

@Mrs. Sunshine: I hope you get it figured out soon! So scary. Although it sounds exactly like the food poisoning I had once in Vietnam.

11. marionberry

pomelo / 5041 posts

@Mrs. Sunshine: flu or food poisoning, it's really good that you get to the ER. They'll need to hook you up to IV solution because you're obviously going to be dehydrated. Hope you feel better soon!

12. Banana330

nectarine / 2317 posts

NT went well, they don't tell you much here, but you have to take the form to get my blood drawn and my measurement was 1.3mm. Baby looked good, moving around and my DH loved see it for the first time!

13. lulu22

apricot / 306 posts

@marionberry: ohhhhh, your two little babies are SO CUTE, I find twins so fascinating, what a miracle!

@Mrs. Sunshine: you poor thing! I hope you get well VERY quickly. thinking of you xx

14. Jenn23

persimmon / 1085 posts

@marionberry: So happy to hear both babies are doing great!!!

I'm worried about doing the NT scan now next week after Mrs. Pinecone mentioned the vanishing twin can affect or skew the results negatively. Trying to decide now what to do! Have a week to decide whether to do it or not.

15. marionberry

pomelo / 5041 posts

@Jenn23: they look at a combination of both your ultrasound measurement and your blood test, so I wouldn't worry too much. If your nuchal measurement is within normal range I would doubt they would worry much if your blood test seemed off, knowing that you previously had two. But I definitely understand why you might reconsider.

16. SunshineMcC

kiwi / 563 posts

@Mrs. Sunshine: oh no, keep us posted. Definitely a good idea to head to the ER for fluids and checking. Sending you positive thoughts and prayers! XO

17. SunshineMcC

kiwi / 563 posts

@Banana330: congrats! So glad it went well!

18. Mrs. Sunshine

Thanks all. Had an ultrasound & baby is fine. About to get some fluids & Zofran via IV & blood work will be back in an hour

19. SunshineMcC

kiwi / 563 posts

@Mrs. Sunshine: So glad to hear baby is OK! Try to relax and take care of you as much as possible!!! Thanks for keeping up posted!

20. marionberry

pomelo / 5041 posts

@Mrs. Sunshine: That's great to hear!

21. Banana330

nectarine / 2317 posts

@Mrs. Sunshine: good to hear everything is ok with the baby. hope you feel better soon!

22. Mrs. Sunshine

Thank you everyone for your kind words. I home now. They are saying it was either food poisoning or a virus, which is good but also makes it sound far more mild than it was. I was seriously scared guys, I was so so sick. They prescribed me some Zofran & Benzitine (for diarrhea) but I'm feeling mostly alright now so I may not get them filled. I hope everyone had a great day. Looking forward to hopefully being back to normal tomorrow

23. Rockies11

persimmon / 1363 posts

@Mrs. Sunshine: Glad you're feeling better!

24. meredithNYC

pomegranate / 3314 posts

@Mrs. Sunshine: yikes! Sorry to hear that, and glad bebe is ok.

25. Banana330

nectarine / 2317 posts

@Mrs. Sunshine: sounds like food poisoning, you do tend toget over it quickly! But it's hell while you're going through it.

Anyone started calling daycares? I started today after my NT scan. Im on 7 wait lists! I thought they would be surprised I was calling so early, but most of them said it was good.

26. lilyofthewest

pear / 1697 posts

@Mrs. Sunshine: Oh yuck, what a horrible morning! I'm so glad you & your passenger are doing better now.

@Banana330: No, and I really need to. Most in my area seem to have a 14+ month waitlist for infant rooms. Ugh. It just seems weird to be calling strangers and telling them I'm pregnant and need childcare when most friends and family don't know yet.

27. PawPrints

pomegranate / 3658 posts

@Banana330: Seven waitlists is great, good for you! We're only on one so far, but I really need to get moving on some more. Our area is horrific for getting into daycare. I think I'll feel like we are in good shape once we're on 5-8 lists.

28. PawPrints

pomegranate / 3658 posts

@lilyofthewest: Fortunately all the daycares around here have email addresses or online forms you can use - I would feel weird actually speaking to a person on the phone, too.

29. delight

pomelo / 5326 posts

@Banana330: congrats on a great NT scan!
    @Mrs. Sunshine: you poor girl, I hope you get some rest tonight and are feeling so much better tomorrow!

30. Banana330

nectarine / 2317 posts

@lilyofthewest: I know we haven't told our families yet, it does seem weird.

@PawPrints: lucky! Most of the one only have a contact name and number, you have I call to see how much they cost and to get on the list! It's so annoying!

31. marionberry

pomelo / 5041 posts

I had the best luck with home based daycares, both of which I found from local friends and Facebook groups. They're often cheaper too.

32. loki

pear / 1787 posts

@Banana330: oh my goodness, that hasn't even crossed my mind. i'm not sure when i would have to start calling here because fortunately i get a year mat leave. it is sooooo awful you guys have to start dealing with that ALREADY. ugh. i feel so bad for you.

ETA: You're in Canada too though, aren't you? will you not take the full year? Or do you still need to call and get on waitlists early?! clearly i'm clueless!

33. Banana330

nectarine / 2317 posts

@loki: That is taking the full year... get on the lists now. They are that long! It's pretty bad in Toronto for care though. I think I read there only 1 spot for every 5 kids living in the city. I'm also looking at around 1800-2000/month!

34. loki

pear / 1787 posts

@Banana330: wahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh that is insane. i assumed i wouldn't have to start looking until like... the kid was 8 months haha. with everything else we have to do to prepare i can't even imagine starting to look into that yet. i'm north of the city so hopefully it isn't as bad! i guess i should start researching... oh man.

35. Banana330

nectarine / 2317 posts

@loki: It didn't take me that long, they really just add your name to a list. Once the baby is born you update them with the name and start date and they i guess can estimate better your chance of getting a spot. I just called the nearest ones getting cost estimate and added on the list. You might not have as many options but your list might be shorter... I think with home daycares you can wait a bit longer but i'm sure the good ones fill up too, although they are harder to find out about with out really asking around. ugh it's so crazy that you need to be doing this 18 months in advance...

36. loki

pear / 1787 posts

@Banana330: it really is crazy, i never would've thought!!! so glad i have all of you guys to educate me! haha.

37. Banana330

nectarine / 2317 posts

Updating with my next appointment! (and also adding gender to the other people who know due dates)

Next Appointment

10/07 - Rockies11 - NT Scan
    10/09- Boopers, Banana330
    10/16 - Lulu22
    10/22 - SunshineMcC
    10/29- Mrs. Sunshine (#2), NeekieRose (#2)
    10/30 – NeekieRose (#2) Anatomy Scan!!
    10/17- Delight (#2) - NT Scan, marionberry (#2, twins)
    11/03- Boopers (anatomy scan!)
    11/18 - SunshineMcC (AS)
    11/20 - As Time Goes By (AS)
    Due Dates
    3/28 – Neekierose (#2)
    3/30 - Astro Bee
    4/1 – Boopers
    4/3 – As Time Goes By
    4/6 – Lulu22
    4/7 – Pawprints
    4/8 – Ineebee , Dancingbee, Brownie, anonysquire (#2)
    4/9 – SunshineMcC
    4/10 – Windswept
    4/11 – Marionberry (#2, TWINS), BCHossley
    4/12 – Loki
    4/15 – Mrs.Pinecone316
    4/16 – Banana330
    4/18 – MeredithNYC
    4/19 – Lilyofthewest
    4/21 – Rockies11 (#2)
    4/23- Mrs. Sunshine (#2)
    4/24 – Jenn23 (#2)
    4/30 – Delight (#2)

38. loki

pear / 1787 posts

Thought I'd throw my appointment on here too, since it's tomorrow

Next Appointment

10/04 - loki - NT scan
    10/07 - Rockies11 - NT Scan
    10/09- Boopers, Banana330
    10/16 - Lulu22
    10/22 - SunshineMcC
    10/29- Mrs. Sunshine (#2), NeekieRose (#2)
    10/30 – NeekieRose (#2) Anatomy Scan!!
    10/17- Delight (#2) - NT Scan, marionberry (#2, twins)
    11/03- Boopers (anatomy scan!)
    11/18 - SunshineMcC (AS)
    11/20 - As Time Goes By (AS)
    Due Dates
    3/28 – Neekierose (#2)
    3/30 - Astro Bee
    4/1 – Boopers
    4/3 – As Time Goes By
    4/6 – Lulu22
    4/7 – Pawprints
    4/8 – Ineebee , Dancingbee, Brownie, anonysquire (#2)
    4/9 – SunshineMcC
    4/10 – Windswept
    4/11 – Marionberry (#2, TWINS), BCHossley
    4/12 – Loki
    4/15 – Mrs.Pinecone316
    4/16 – Banana330
    4/18 – MeredithNYC
    4/19 – Lilyofthewest
    4/21 – Rockies11 (#2)
    4/23- Mrs. Sunshine (#2)
    4/24 – Jenn23 (#2)
    4/30 – Delight (#2)

39. ineebee

pear / 1580 posts

@marionberry: This is such a late response, but THANK YOU for the tip about the 3.5mm cut-off at your clinic. That helps put my mind at ease for sure! And I'm glad your appointment went well! The twins look perfect!!

40. Jenn23

persimmon / 1085 posts

@marionberry: Thanks for the advice. Yes, I'm still going to go for it. One week from today!

@Mrs. Sunshine: Wow, I missed your first post yesterday. I'm so sorry you were so sick!! I'm glad you are better now. What a relief, I'm sure!

Had my first OB appt. today. This is just feeling more real every day for me. I can't believe it!

Best news to report is I got to stop my painful progesterone injections after using them for two months. Woohoo!!

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee