Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

April 2015 Mamas!

1. Jenn23

persimmon / 1085 posts

@loki: @SunshineMcC: Thanks! Jay barely sat still. Most of the photos he was standing up and trying to run! haha At least we got a few good ones of him sitting/smiling.

2. Mrs. Sunshine

hostess / cantaloupe / 6486 posts

@Jenn23: great announcement!

3. Mrs. Sunshine

Here's 21 weeks & 38...two days before I ended up being induced

4. NeekieRose

persimmon / 1386 posts

@SunshineMcC: Thanks! She is such a ham when the camera comes out.

@Jenn23: @Mrs. Sunshine: Cute bumps!

@Jenn23: super cute announcement! And Jay is so adorable!

5. anonysquire

cantaloupe / 6923 posts

Hey! I've been kind of MIA. I've been so freaking sick this time around. Blah. How is everyone doing?? How was everyone's weekend?

Oh and I forgot to add that I'm team green and my next appt is Oct 27. And I announced on fb and instagram a couple of weeks ago and figured I'd show the pic. Just a pic of my baby, Zuma and in the caption it announced that she is getting a new sibing.

6. SunshineMcC

kiwi / 563 posts

@Mrs. Sunshine: great pics, thanks for sharing!!!

@anonysquire: Sorry you're still feeling sick. Zuma is so cute!!

So, I just took my first over-my-lunch-hour-nap-in-my-car. Yes, I'm that person! I had my sunglasses on, and had a book open in my lap in case anyone walked by, it wouldn't look like I was sleeping - it was super short -only like 15 minutes, but I think it made me MORE tired. I was starting to feel less tired a couple weeks ago, but the past few days I feel like the exhaustion is back in full force. I visited family this weekend and have been up since 5:30am, as I had to drive back into the city this morning for work. Fun, fun! <END RANT>

Anyone else still really tired? 2nd time moms, does that go away at all in the second trimester, or does it just depend?

7. anonysquire

cantaloupe / 6923 posts

@SunshineMcC: Thanks!!! And I'm so tired too. I can't remember if it went away.

8. Mrs. Sunshine

@SunshineMcC: I'm really tired this time. Last time it didn't hit me until mid-seconf tri! I think it varies person to person as well as pregnancy to pregnancy. I hope you get to go to bed early tonight!

9. loki

pear / 1787 posts

@anonysquire: she's SO CUTE!

@SunshineMcC: i go through weeks where i'm exhausted and then weeks when i'm okay. i am always DEAD when i get home from work after my commute around 630-7 but usually get a second wind and then can't sleep at night. and even when i go to bed late i wake up at like 3 or 4 and can't get back to sleep. so that doesn't help! and ya the short naps are awful. i feel great if i can get a full hour in on the train but if i wait and try to get 20-30 minutes, i feel horrible after and it's not worth it.

10. SunshineMcC

kiwi / 563 posts

@Mrs. Sunshine: thanks, me too! I haven't seen DH since Thursday, so we're going to order pizza and binge-watch Season 1 of The Blacklist tonight in bed! Can't wait! Oh, and I think my home fetal doppler may have arrived, so we're going to try to find the heartbeat tonight too!

@loki: glad to know I'm not the only one with symptoms coming and going for weeks at a time. Two weeks ago I was sure I had "turned a corner" with nausea and exhaustion, but they're both back a bit the last couple of days - same with my breasts being sore - somehow that's getting worse!

Funny story - I have a dress on today that has never shown any cleavage before, but given this pregnancy, there is some cleavage to be seen these days (but nothing that's not respectable). I have a blazer on, so I didn't think it was too noticeable, but I just met with a new employee (young guy) to review his benefits and paperwork, and I totally caught him looking at my chest. I almost laughed out loud because there is nothing I can do to hide it!

11. SunshineMcC

kiwi / 563 posts

did you guys see that Blake Lively is expecting too? She looks a bit further along than us though, so I don't think we can add her to our calendar!

12. lulu22

apricot / 306 posts

you guys, I am so jealous of all your nice little bumps! I am 14 weeks today and I feel HUGE! Seriously, I think I am almost as big as some of you look in your 20week pics!

I don't know why... there is only one baby in there and it's my 1st! I am pretty slim (size 2) and average height about 5'7" At my NT scan they said that the baby was measuring a few days ahead but a few days shouldn't make much difference. I was not expecting to be as big as I am now for at least another month!! I've been doing pilates for years and was so sure I would be one of those women who didn't show for ages WHY so soooon!?

13. Rockies11

persimmon / 1363 posts

@lulu22: I thought this too (although I am shorter than you) and I started showing at 6 weeks with my first! And I had a belly and my butt and legs got super thick by 12 weeks. I look a good 30 weeks pregnant now with my second, at 12 weeks.

14. lulu22

apricot / 306 posts

@Rockies11: omg thank you for saying this, I am glad it's not just me! haha. we can be enormous together!

15. Rockies11

persimmon / 1363 posts

@lulu22: I had this fantasy with my first that I was going to be one of those cute pregnant people that was just developed from flat stomach into all belly at some acceptable point and little stick arms and stick legs in cute clothes all glowing, and instead I was a chubby, thick grey coloured sick person, lol. And my family was SO MEAN about it too. Every time they saw me they were like - whoa, you're fat. Um, thanks guys!

16. loki

pear / 1787 posts

@lulu22: my friend is super slim and started showing crazy early too. I'm convinced it's because she's skinny... My baby has looooots of places to hide so I'm not showing at all. I'd much rather have an obvious bump! I'm sure you look great!

17. delight

pomelo / 5326 posts

@SunshineMcC: I'm super tired too, like utterly exhausted. I'm a lot more tired than my first pregnancy, but maybe that's because my little girl started walking this weekend and I'm chasing her everywhere. Last pregnancy I felt great from about 16 weeks on. I wasn't tired or sick after that point!

I love all the bump photos ladies!

@jenn23: that's a great announcement!! He is adorable.

I told my SIL I was pregnant so I could get some of my mat pants back. She's borrowing all my clothes and is due at the end of the month. I wouldn't say I'm really showing but I definitely can't do up any of my pants. It's so nice to get back into my comfy mat jeans!

18. SunshineMcC

kiwi / 563 posts

So my home Doppler arrived today and we tried it out and could totally hear the little guy's heartbeat! It was so reassuring to hear since it's been 2 weeks since our last appointment and the next one is still two weeks away!

19. meredithNYC

pomegranate / 3314 posts

@Rockies11: they said you were fat?!?!?! Oh sweet Jesus, I would have had a hormone-induced rage blackout.

20. Mrs. Sunshine

@Rockies11: I agree with @meredithNYC: that's mean! You were freaking pregnant!

21. Rockies11

persimmon / 1363 posts

@meredithNYC: @Mrs. Sunshine: it was really mean, and I am a direct person so I would say things like "don't say things like that, it's mean and it hurts my feelings" but they just seemed to be unable to restrain themselves. The first time my mom saw me 3 days pp, she said "I am surprised that you're still so fat". I am hoping that this pregnancy they will be a little better! and if they aren't I am just going to flip out instead of being even tempered about it, lol.

22. meredithNYC

pomegranate / 3314 posts

@Rockies11: I would say you are well within your rights to flip out! Hopefully they are nicer, though.

23. As Time Goes By

apricot / 346 posts

I love all of the bump photos and it's making me excited for what's to come! I carry my weight in my hips, so I've been feeling particularly frumpy with the added mid section bloat/bump. I'm starting to feel like it looks like more than just a big lunch! I am fully in maternity pants now because they are so much more comfortable than the alternative.

@Rockies11: I'm sorry you had to deal with that. I hope you have an easier go of it this time!

@SunshineMcC: that's so exciting! I tried to convince DH we should get one but he wasn't sold on it.

24. loki

pear / 1787 posts

@Rockies11: omggggggg people can be so hurtful. i have no idea why people think pregnant women's bodies are open for public discussion.

@As Time Goes By: ya i think i MIGHT be with you, starting to get a bit of a belly. my husband definitely thinks it's baby but it could also be all the eggo waffles i've been eating haha.

@SunshineMcC: super exciting!!! i want one so badly but DH is not on board.

yesterday i pulled a muscle in my back and had a BREAKDOWN on the car ride home. my poor husband. i am just so sick of feeling awful. first the constant nausea, then my cough/cold that i still can't kick and now this! ugh. i'm just so over it all. i lay in bed from 6pm until this morning because there's really not much you can do for back pain like this when you're pregnant!!!! it feels better today but i still booked a prenatal massage for saturday and i can't wait!!!!

25. Mrs. Sunshine

@loki: ahh that sounds horrible! I'm glad it's feeling better. Super jealous of your massage. DH tried to surprise me with one before we knew we had to wait until you're out of the first tri. But then we bought a car & his birthday, our anniversary & then the holidays are coming up so I may have to wait. Maybe we'll get a couples massage for our anniversary! lol

26. loki

pear / 1787 posts

@Mrs. Sunshine: that's such a good idea. i've been dying for a massage for so long. soooo pulling my back has given me the incentive. and i'll be 14 weeks and they specialize in prenatal stuff so it should be okay! i went to a baby shower on the weekend and my friend's mom has this INTENSE massage chair and i wanted to hop in so badly but i held back. haha. when's your anniversary?

27. Mrs. Sunshine

@loki: the 19th! We've been together for about 5 years but this will be our first wedding anniversary!

28. marionberry

pomelo / 5041 posts

@Rockies11: I had family members who kept comparing my weight gain to my pregnant friend who had a personal trainer. Basically they kept asking while I was fat and she was not. I gained only the recommended weight so it really pissed me off. People are stupid.
    @loki: I've wanted to set up a massage for so long! A lot of places here won't do one until you're 14 weeks though. Hope it makes you feel better!

29. lilyofthewest

pear / 1697 posts

@marionberry: I found someone who would see me last week at 11w5d.

Their practice regularly starts seeing pregnant clients at 13w, but, I think they made an exception for me because I was already a regular client with them and really firmly stated that I don't buy that massage can cause miscarriages.

30. Rockies11

persimmon / 1363 posts

there's really no evidence that massage can cause miscarriage, right? It's one of those abundance of caution things?

31. lilyofthewest

pear / 1697 posts

@Rockies11: Yup - no real evidence to support any risk. And some of the massage professional organizations have position points saying it is fine to do first tri massage.

Malpractice/liability insurers sometimes say it isn't fine though. Lots of losses happen the in first tri. When people are grieving and/or scared and/or angry, they fish around for "what was the unusual thing I did?"

32. As Time Goes By

apricot / 346 posts

I think at this point ( early second tri or late first tri) massages are okay. Atleast I hope so since I have been going to physio and massage the last couple weeks because of an accident.

When I told them I was pregnant and how far along they said it was totally fine.

On a different note is anyone still suffering from insomnia? I feel it's become my worst symptom and I'm struggling. I've tried turning off technology and drinking chamomile tea but it just makes me get up to pee more. Any other ideas?

33. loki

pear / 1787 posts

ya i think they're mostly trying to protect themselves. which i get for sure. this place seems to do massages throughout the entire pregnancy though so i wish i found them sooner! i'll be 14 weeks anyways and i'm dying to fix my back!

34. Rockies11

persimmon / 1363 posts

@lilyofthewest: yeah if I was a massage therapist, I can see refusing to do it because I didn't want to get sued, but it doesn't seem like a real thing!

I changed my meds all up again, or I should say I just started taking many many more pills (with my first pregnancy, I briefly had this fantasy where I was imagining myself demurring over a single tylenol, lol and now I am all give me ALL the drugs) and now I feel less like living in a clean, dry, food free cave, even though I am not exactly eating food yet. It's nice to feel somewhat better though!

35. lilyofthewest

pear / 1697 posts

@As Time Goes By: Mine is better than it was, but, my sleep still isn't really normal again.

There's no amount of limiting liquids that seems to prevent me from having to pee at least once overnight, so, I am drinking relaxation tea made in hot milk before bed.

The insomnia I've been having has mostly been 2am-5am wakeups that have nothing to do with a full bladder. And I can't get back to sleep. I've had some success with progressive muscle relaxation and listening to something like this:

But, sometimes I just end up getting up unless/until I feel sleepy again.

36. Banana330

nectarine / 2317 posts

@meredithNYC: I have the same pattern of sickness as you. mornings are generally ok, from lunchtime onwards I start feeling terrible. But it varies day to day. The full dose of meds just seems to take the edge off, but i'm not ready to give them up.

I do feel my worst when i'm walking, i'm always walking down the street gagging, I must look like a super weirdo.

@loki: Congrats on the good NT.

37. Rockies11

persimmon / 1363 posts

@Banana330: hahahaha I walk around gagging all the time! Ridiculous.

ETA: I was just buying a protein smoothie, lady goes to hand it to me, I start gagging, walk away from protein smootie booth gagging, end up plugging my nose the rest of the way to work. Everyone is staring. Awesome!

38. Banana330

nectarine / 2317 posts

@Rockies11: poor thing.. it's the worst. It's not like they know why you're gagging but there's nothing you can do about it.

39. loki

pear / 1787 posts

@Rockies11: haha i was saying yesterday i wish i could wear a big sign that says I AM PREGNANT to explain my odd behaviour/interesting food choices. this would come in handy for your gagging.

40. Rockies11

persimmon / 1363 posts

@Banana330: @loki: I always just say to the starers "don't worry, it's not contagious" haha.

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee