Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

April 2015 Mamas!

1. brownie

grapefruit / 4110 posts

@Banana330: He tried to when we visited last time (at like 7 weeks) but luckily no one believed him. lol

2. Rockies11

persimmon / 1363 posts

So we had our NT scan yesterday (which went super well) and true to form, I got it in my head that it was at 3:45 pm even though it was actually at 3:15 pm. I didn't figure this out until I was leaving work at 3 to do the at least 20 minute long drive with no traffic and assuming I find it on the first try and right after I had fully peed. My calendar gave me a 15 minute pop-up reminder! Ahhhhhhh! So anyway, we raced there, I dropped myself off while my husband parked, I chugged a bottle of water en route, and raced into the place assuming they maybe had given my spot away, and they didn't even notice because as always, they were running behind! So I barely had to wait at all and the 20 minutes that I had between drinking the water and the ultrasound was enough for my bladder to totally fill up, lol. It ended up being the easiest ultrasound ever! But baby looks amazing, and very very very low chance of chromosomal abnormalities - lower even than with my first!

3. loki

pear / 1787 posts

@Rockies11: oh amazing!!! congrats on a great NT! do u know what ur NT measurement is? mine was 1.7mm and i assumed since it was below 3.5 or whatever it was fine but i wasn't sure if there were degrees.

4. Rockies11

persimmon / 1363 posts

@loki: Yeah they gave me a sheet about it, which was handy cuz damned if I can remember a thing these days. The NT measurement was 1.5 mm. The chance of Downs was 1:7000, and I don't remember the exact numbers with my daugher but I recall them being in the 1:6000 range.

It was really relieving given the myriad of problems in this bizzaro pregnancy to have a totally normal, positive ultrasounds. The subchrionic hemorrhage is totally gone and baby's heartbeat was in the 160 range.

5. Rockies11

persimmon / 1363 posts

@loki: Oh, and they're aren't degrees, it's the 1:____ chance that varies depending on what the measurement is and what the bloodwork says!

6. loki

pear / 1787 posts

@Rockies11: ohhh i wish they gave me that sheet! that's great. and i totally forgot about your hemorrhage - so glad that is gone!!!! yey!!!

7. NeekieRose

persimmon / 1386 posts

@Rockies11: yah for the great scan!

8. Banana330

nectarine / 2317 posts

@Rockies11: Congrats on the good scan and low risk!

9. Mrs. Sunshine

hostess / cantaloupe / 6486 posts

@Rockies11: such great news!

10. Rockies11

persimmon / 1363 posts

@NeekieRose: @loki: @Banana330: @Mrs. Sunshine: Thanks ladies! I have told work and Facebook today too, so I am finally feeling like it's official!

11. NeekieRose

persimmon / 1386 posts

I have not told work yet, and am planning on waiting as long as possible. But our department admin was totally staring at my stomach this morning. She has two daughters that are pregnant (even threw a shower for one of them this weekend) so I think she is suspecting something. I'm not *really* showing though. Maybe it's all in my head.

12. Rockies11

persimmon / 1363 posts

@NeekieRose: Everyone I told today said they already knew. Which is pretty obvious, because I am huge.

13. Rockies11

persimmon / 1363 posts

12 weeks, uggggggggghhhhh

14. Mrs. Sunshine

@Rockies11: oh my gosh you're so cute though! It's definitely baby belly, you don't look remotely fat at all!

15. NeekieRose

persimmon / 1386 posts

@Rockies11: Wow! That is quite the bump! It's already a perfect round bump! That's awesome.

There is another woman in my office who we all knew was pregnant (apparently before she did...she didn't find out until 12 weeks) but she had a serious bump from very early on. I don't think mine is noticeable unless I'm wearing a fitted top, which I haven't been wearing to work.

16. Rockies11

persimmon / 1363 posts

@Mrs. Sunshine: @NeekieRose: thanks! It was so obvious that I was pregnant to everyone I work with the whole time though, lol

17. Banana330

nectarine / 2317 posts

@Rockies11: wow that is a proper bump.. I just look like i've been raiding the halloween candy! I would describe it as thick in the middle like i've lost my waist.

18. ineebee

pear / 1580 posts

@NeekieRose: Me too! I saw my department head the other day, too, and I swear her eyes went straight to my belly. I'm well underway with telling people, but with supervisors, the time just never seems right! Such an awkward time!

19. Mrs. Sunshine

@NeekieRose: I feel like mine is noticeable only if I'm wearing a maxi skirt or leggings or something. I feel like jeans still fit me just so that any "hangover" is mostly camouflaged.

On another note, I was still pretty sick last night but today my appetite is back with a vengeance. There is not enough food in the world to fill me up right now!

20. Banana330

nectarine / 2317 posts

@Mrs. Sunshine: my nausea is killing me but i'm also starving.. it seems i'm nauseous all afternoon/evening but also starving...
    ugh.. when do I get to feel that wonderful pregnancy glow i hear so much about?

21. loki

pear / 1787 posts

@Rockies11: omg you are so cute! and ya that bump is intense for 12 weeks!!! i'm jealous though, the awkward in between stage is not cute. i gotta show my best friend this though because she is STRESSED about how much she's showing at 18 weeks. she will be glad to know it's not just her!

22. Rockies11

persimmon / 1363 posts

@Banana330: @loki: Yeah, it's def a proper bump, but it's awkward when people ask how far along I am, and I say "oh, 12 weeks" lol.

23. Mrs. Sunshine

@Banana330: I remember feeling wonderful all the time (still hungry but wonderful) from like 17 or 18 weeks until maybe 35 weeks. Then I felt crampy & was just ready for the dang baby to show up after that. I'm one of those people that felt really beautiful with a bump. I know I'm in the minority though

24. Banana330

nectarine / 2317 posts

@Mrs. Sunshine: I hope i'm feeling better by then!

@Rockies11: I can imagine you have to deal with that a lot, only 28 more weeks to go!

25. everbee

cherry / 101 posts

i've been lurking for a long time..just wasn't ready to join yet. i had a long undiagnosed IF journey and this was my first BFP. i had a hard time being able to fully embrace this until the first trimester was over. was at the dr today for my 12 week appt and everything looked good so here i am~!

EDD: April 23
    How far along: 11 weeks 6 days
    First child? Yes
    First doctor appointment: about 6 weeks ago
    Any symptoms so far? nausea is finally sort of starting to subside but more heartburn now than before
    Who have you told? hubs of course, one of my closest friends, dental hygienist because i was scheduled for xrays and i had to say i couldn't get them~!, and couple at church we're really close with (in that order )

26. Rockies11

persimmon / 1363 posts

@everbee: Hi welcome! Glad to hear that it's progressing well so far and you're getting comfortable! I also told my dental hygienist after my close friends, lol.

27. Mrs. Sunshine

@everbee: welcome & congratulations!!!

28. NeekieRose

persimmon / 1386 posts

@everbee: Welcome and congrats!

@Mrs. Sunshine: I loved having a bump too and felt great during the last pregnancy. I guess I got uncomfortable by the end, but not too bad. I was mostly just anxious to meet my baby! But I wasn't hating being pregnant.

29. Mrs. Sunshine

@NeekieRose: yeah I never hated being pregnant either, I just didn't want to paint a picture of sunshine & roses when it did have its moments even though I loved most of it! My mom had really rough pregnancies but still really loved being pregnant, too. There's hope for us all! lol

30. marionberry

pomelo / 5041 posts

@everbee: Congrats! So very happy for you and to have you in our due date group.
    @Rockies11: You have such a perfectly round bump! Mine still feels uber pudgy and looks more like fat than baby. I'm so jealous! Congrats on a great NT scan too.

31. lulu22

apricot / 306 posts

@Rockies11: congrats on the NT scan and on sharing your news! Your bump looks great!

@everbee: congrats and welcome!

Ladies, just a heads up - LOFT is having a 50% off everything sale which includes maternity. http://www.loft.com/maternity/catl00006

I just ordered some jeans and a couple of tops. Their jeans and pants sometimes run small so I ordered a couple of sizes just to be safe, it will be a pain to return the ones that don't fit but fingers crossed one of the pairs works out because I'm starting to get beyond the be band!!

32. Mrs. Sunshine

@lulu22: thanks for the heads up!

33. Rockies11

persimmon / 1363 posts

I just got a Loft order in today of maternity tops - they also fit pretty darn small in the arms and so forth. They're flowing style so they're not too tight on the tummy, but the overall fit is pretty small!

34. loki

pear / 1787 posts

@everbee: congrats and welcome to our little group

@Rockies11: hows the shipping to canada? although i alllllways struggle with arm fit on stuff. apparently my arms are MASSIVE. so maybe it's not smart to order from them if the arm fit is small to begin with!

35. SunshineMcC

kiwi / 563 posts

@lulu22: we're in a similar place with names. We have a few picked out, and already decided on a middle name, but want to wait until he's born to see what he looks like! I just hope that's not a stressful experience, if we can't decide what he looks like! Thanks for the LOFT info! I think I might order a few things online and return if they don't fit. I've been wanting to go try clothes on, but just don't have the time! Monday morning I tried 5 pairs of dress pants on and none fit!

@Rockies11: congrats! So glad it went well! Your bump rocks! I love it! How did you share your news on FB?

@everbee: welcome and congrats!!!! DH & I dealt with IF and had a MMC so I understand being hesitant. So glad to hear your 12 week appt went well!

36. SunshineMcC

kiwi / 563 posts

I got my pregnancy pillow yesterday! It's so soft and cuddly but didn't do a darn thing to help with waking up all night long. Ugh. In starting to think that it might just be that way for awhile, which sucks but is ok. I fee like pretty much everything is ok as long as this little guy stays healthy!

I told the President of my company on Tuesday after discussing with my boss (I dotted line report to the President). He knew about our TTC journey and my MMC, so was really happy and gave me a hug, so that was a relief. I haven't openly told others at work yet or FB, but will probably do so soon!

37. everbee

cherry / 101 posts

thanks everyone for the warm welcome

i'm going to start telling people this weekend starting with parents are close friends. and next week start telling boss and close coworkers. i feel weird though..like previous people commented, i don't even know how to come out and say it~! i also have a friend going through IVF that i need to tell, but don't know how to tell her either. though she already has one child and is going through IVF for her second. it didn't take her as long as it took me to conceive her first. i know she'll be super happy for me, she's been trying to convince me to do IVF with her but i've been reluctant as i'm undiagnosed IF.

38. loki

pear / 1787 posts

@everbee: aw telling people will be so fun for you, especially after all you've been through!
    i have a cousin who has struggled with IF and has just started IVF and i was very worried about telling her... but she was amazing about it because i tried to be really sensitive. i'm sure since your friend going through the same thing she will be soooo happy for you though!

39. Rockies11

persimmon / 1363 posts

@loki: The shipping is terrible - it's actually the worst I have ever encountered. I think it took a month? It might be faster if you're in Ontario because I think it ships from Burlington. I thought it was just the sleeve length that was short (it fits my arms perfectly and I am 5'2") but I tried them on again this morning with the bicep in mind and they are also slim around the bicep - even the more flowing kind. Loft has really good work stuff though, which I find so hard to find because I need really formal office clothes about once a week.

@SunshineMcC: We are super uncreative with the announcements, so we just had a cute picture of our daughter with a caption about how she's going to be a big sister.

40. ineebee

pear / 1580 posts

@everbee: Welcome and congratulations!! Since you yourself have been in your friend's shoes, I'm confident that you'll know exactly when and how to tell her. And I can't wait to hear how much you'll enjoy telling all of your friends and family! Sadly, all that fun's over for me and now I'm left with awkward conversations and emails with bosses and supervisors! Anyway, we're so glad to have you here!

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee