Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

April 2015 Mamas!

1. marionberry

pomelo / 5041 posts

@ineebee: Now that I think about it have you gotten your NT blood test results back yet? I've been thinking about you since twin A had a NT of 2.8 and I've been worried waiting on my own. I don't have an appt with my dr until Oct 17 and even then I don't know if she'll share with me results from the first blood test since the second one won't happen until the 26th. Blah.

2. lulu22

apricot / 306 posts

@Jenn23: yay for a great NT scan! congrats!

@Mrs. Sunshine: congrats on the girl! finally some baby girls coming into our board!

3. delight

pomelo / 5326 posts

@Mrs. Sunshine: yeah for another little girl! Can't say I'll be too upset if I find out my LO2 is a girl as well. Your little girls will be such good friends!!

@Jenn23: congrats on a wonderful scan!

4. Astro Bee

pear / 1503 posts

@Marionberry: I had an appt with my doctor on Tuesday, and she only discussed the NT measurement with me, even though I had the first blood test the same day. I also went for my second blood test this afternoon. The doc said that she would give me the results at my next appt in 4 weeks.

Incidentally, it was my first appt with the doctor who will be doing my pre-natal care and delivery, and she was soooo nice! She's also a mom, and she delivered my friend's two sons (one four days after she gave birth to her own daugther - she was on maternity leave, but swung by the hospital to check on my friend... and then did the delivery while her daughter napped in the next room!).

5. Astro Bee

pear / 1503 posts

I've also been offline for the last several days... stress at work, really tired in the evenings, and severe food sensitivity making me cranky... so I'm just now catching up on the last few pages, so I can comment on how you lovely ladies have been doing. But first I have a crazy story of how last night went for me.

So far, I think I've managed to be a mostly normal, not crazy, non-hormonal person who just happens to be pregnant. Until last night. <sigh> I was cooking dinner (more chicken pot pie for me, hubby was going to fend for himself), and telling my husband that I had found out that day that the accounting office for my organization was trying to recover the cost of an event that I had organized earlier this summer from my pay. It worked out to be several thousand dollars. I had just found out last week, that although the acquittance roll for the event had been submitted the week following the event, the accounting office had lost it! So we had to go around and get it all signed again, which was no small task, because some people were located elsewhere. So in the midst of sorting this out, I get an email saying that it will be recovered and that I am accountable for it, even though I had submitted all the proper paperwork months ago.

When I told my husband, he was understandably upset, but he handles stress way worse than I do, and raised his voice and started telling me all the things I needed to do - which I had already handled. To which I burst into tears, and threw my big honking knife(!) into the sink (which was in his direction), yelled at him, and ran up to our room and slammed the door!!!

My god, what am I twelve?!? I'm not sure who was more shocked by my reaction, me or him. Crazy hormones! Anyway, he apologized and then tried to finish my supper for me (he has a limited cooking repertoire), and I eventually calmed down.

Has anyone else had a meltdown like this? So far, the hormones have just made me weepy over sappy commercials and cute stories.

6. Mrs. Sunshine

hostess / cantaloupe / 6486 posts

@Astro Bee: that sounds super stressful! Yes, I'm prone to hormonal meltdowns in the first tri it appears. We fought the entire first trimester last pregnancy (my husband would never apologize like yours so it just escalates) & this pregnancy I've screamed at him a few times. Most of it is justified (as in, I have the right to be angry) but the reactions are just way blown out of proportion.

7. Astro Bee

pear / 1503 posts

@Mrs. Sunshine: Ugh! I feel so bad for you. As I said, this was the first time I felt out of control that way, and it was awful! I hope it got/gets better for you. I'm squarely out of the first tri (15w2d) and didn't have any big hormonal swing issues in the first tri, and so wasn't expecting my anger to just escalate out of nowhere like that. I really have nothing to compare it to, but I guess it helps to hear that others are experiencing the same thing. Although, now that I think about it, I have been experiencing road rage lately, but I just thought that the drivers around here were getting worse; maybe it's actually me!

8. Mrs. Sunshine

@Astro Bee: haha it totally leveled out for me somewhere mid pregnancy last time & I was really a delightful person to be around if I do say so myself lol I'm waiting for that to happen this time I hope it was a one time occurrence for you!

9. PawPrints

pomegranate / 3658 posts

Has anyone else gotten a great big ALERT from Ovia at any point? I got an enormous warning today after I entered my symptoms data telling me I might have HG. So bizarre. I'm only throwing up 2-3x/week, no trouble keeping down fluids and food, so definitely not HG. I wonder if it just puts up that warning for anybody who still continues to experience vomiting into the second trimester?

10. Banana330

nectarine / 2317 posts

@PawPrints: I don't actually bother putting in the symptoms in to ovia.. otherwise i probably would...

11. As Time Goes By

apricot / 346 posts

@lulu22: i'be been getting a similar pain and it seems to happen when I'm laying down/stretching my stomach the most. I think (hope?) it's my abdominal muscles stretching a bit to make room?

12. SunshineMcC

kiwi / 563 posts

@Jenn23: congrats on a great scan! Do glad you're starting to relax! I understand how you're feeling given our journey and it's great to be able to breathe and enjoy it a bit!

@Mrs.Sunshine: yay for another girl! Sisters are so great! I gave 2 and love them dearly! So happy for you! XO

13. SunshineMcC

kiwi / 563 posts

Has anyone felt any baby movements yet? I was lying in bed this morning poking at my stomach a bit ( which DH did not like!), hoping to be able to feel the little guy moving around, bug nothing yet!

14. Mrs. Sunshine

@SunshineMcC: I haven't yet but that's exactly how I felt DD1 move the first time! I just kept poking her lol

15. As Time Goes By

apricot / 346 posts

@SunshineMcC: the other day at 14+5 I felt this weird bubbling feeling like something was knocking on my insides that was much gentler than gas pains. It made me freeze and I was totally weirded out before realizing it might be the baby. It happened about the same time the next day and again made me stop in my tracks. I haven't felt it since, but apparently it's not uncommon to feel little flutters very infrequently.

16. As Time Goes By

apricot / 346 posts

And on a side note I am on my way to my nieces birthday where we will be letting all extended family know about the pregnancy! My sister is super excited and wanted to get her daughter a cousins t-shirt to announce since this will be the first cousin!

17. Mrs. Sunshine

@As Time Goes By: how did the announcement go??

18. SunshineMcC

kiwi / 563 posts

Hope everyone had a great weekend.

Good: I finally went maternity shopping this weekend and got a few things at Target and Old Navy. It was actually a big milestone for me emotionally to buy maternity clothes, as I had been putting it off as I was still nervous about the pregnancy. I got a little emotional trying on clothes and seeing my bump. Pretty cool, and nice to have some things that actually fit and are comfy!

Bad: I pulled a muscle in my back, so am home from work. The only way it doesn't hurt is if I lie flat on my back. May try some tylenol - but not sure if I should ice or put heat on it. A day off work, and I'd love to be productive, but DH told me I probably need to just relax and do nothing. I hope it feels better soon!

19. lilyofthewest

pear / 1697 posts

Just got home from my NT scan. Our fetus is looking good -- measurement was within normal limits, nasal bone present, three vessel cord seen, and measurements were all consistent with each other and with my ovulation date.

I've been making inappropriate use of the office ultrasound machine to peek pretty frequently, so it wasn't quite as magical as if I was seeing the bubs for the first time since the gummybear stage dating confirmation. But, the perinatology machines are way, way, way nicer, so I was able to see a lot of detail that simply is not possible given the quality of machines we have and my (relative lack) of skill as a sonographer.

20. PawPrints

pomegranate / 3658 posts

@lilyofthewest: Congrats on your good NT scan! I agree it makes a big difference to see the image on the high-quality machines they have in the imaging labs. I couldn't believe how crisp and clear and detailed our NT images are.

I feel like I'm coasting for a while since we had our NT at the end of September and now I have nothing until regular prenatal visits start at the beginning of November. It would be nice to have access to an office or home ultrasound machine to check in on the little one every once in a while, so that must be nice for those of you who have access. Are you seeing much difference from week to week these days?

21. lilyofthewest

pear / 1697 posts

@PawPrints: The major transitions that I've seen in my peeks over the last 2-3 weeks (currently 13w1d):
    -gradual change toward more normal proportions rather than giant head with a teeny body
    -starting to see sucking & swallowing movements (I caught our fetus sucking both thumbs - super cute!)
    -huge increase in size of the placenta
    -big burst of movement right at about 12 weeks when a lot of reflexes develop/organize
    -getting somewhat less eerily translucent on lower-powered ultrasound.

22. NeekieRose

persimmon / 1386 posts

@Mrs. Sunshine: Yah for another girl! I'll be honest, I want another girl...but I will obviously be happy with a boy too.

@SunshineMcC: I have been feeling some movement. I wasn't sure at first, but I'm pretty sure I have been feeling it for at least a week (but I'm a second time mom and 16+2...I didn't feel anything until closer to 22 weeks last time)

23. NeekieRose

persimmon / 1386 posts

Any interest in starting a legit bump thread? I'll start one, but I don't want to be the only one to post. That would be awkward. Haha.

Here is my 16 week pic (post dinner, so bump may not all be baby...)

24. NeekieRose

persimmon / 1386 posts

@lilyofthewest: great news on the NT scan. I am totally jealous that you get to take peeks so often. I have to settle for my home doppler (that I use at least every other day...love hearing the little heartbeat!)

25. Banana330

nectarine / 2317 posts

@SunshineMcC: ugh that sucks, I find heat helps my back more than ice.
    @lilyofthewest: yay NT scan, that's great news.
    @PawPrints: ya, I hav a blood test but nothing major until Nov.
    @NeekieRose: cute bump! I have no bump just pudge.

We told our families on thurs. Our moms were typically very excited. We went to my parents for thanksgiving yesterday and my mom rubbed my belly, I told her not to do that and she did it again! I lost it, I don't have a bump yet just feel fat I told her never to touch me again. Seriously no boundaries! It's so annoying.

Anyone else exhausted this week? I haven't been too tired yet this pregnancy, but this week I've been having 2hr naps for the entire long weekend.

26. Mrs. Sunshine

@Banana330: SO tired. Our power went out at 330 pm yesterday so because it was dark I ended up going to bed at like 830. Granted I woke to pee, when the power came back on & once to take care of LO but I still slept until 630 this morning, it is not 4 pm & I am wiped!! I don't remember being this tired last time!

27. Mrs. Sunshine

@NeekieRose: your bump is cute!
    I'll be 13 weeks on Thursday so there isn't much going on but it's definitely a little more than last time & when I'm looking down or in the mirror it looks huge to me! lol

28. NeekieRose

persimmon / 1386 posts

@Mrs. Sunshine: That's definitely a bump! And a super cute one at that!

29. Boopers

pear / 1548 posts

@NeekieRose: @Mrs. Sunshine: you ladies look great! Here is mine at 15w5d. I caved and got maternity jeans and they definitely accentuate the little bump better than regular pants!

30. Mrs. Sunshine

@Boopers: so cute!

31. NeekieRose

persimmon / 1386 posts

@Boopers: very cute! And I have been rocking the maternity jeans for a couple weeks now. I think I may need another pair though. I think I'm just smaller enough this time than last time that I need to go down a size. Which in general is a good thing...just not when it means buying new jeans that I'll only wear for 6 months. Oh well...

32. ineebee

pear / 1580 posts

@marionberry: This is a reply to your question 3 days ago about my blood test! I've been out of town. I actually had the blood test done before the NT scan, and it was negative. So that's why they're ruling out Downs and turning their attention to possible heart issues. I hope they DO give you your blood test results!! What was the cut-off measurement at your clinic? 2.8 was well below my clinic's 3.1mm cut-off.

33. marionberry

pomelo / 5041 posts

@ineebee: at the MFM office the tech just said the dr only talks to you if you're under 3.5. I felt good then but googling made me worry. I go in this Friday to my dr so I hope I get the blood test update. I'm glad your blood work looked good. Most likely it's nothing at all. You'll get a better idea at your anatomy scan right?

34. PawPrints

pomegranate / 3658 posts

Everyone's bumps are so cute!

35. loki

pear / 1787 posts

@NeekieRose: i would love a bump thread... but i can't contribute yet. i just look like i had a huge lunch haha. some days i think i'm totally starting to show. but this morning i woke up and i think i look skinnier even though i ate like a piggie all weekend. so whoooo knows. you guys all look so cute though, i'm jealous!

36. Mrs. Sunshine

@loki: I posted & mine just looks like lunch! lol

37. loki

pear / 1787 posts

@Mrs. Sunshine: no way, yours is precious!!!

38. lulu22

apricot / 306 posts

@NeekieRose: I would participate in a bump thread!

Here's one of me last week at 14w... I'm actually 15w1d now but I don't think my bump is growing, if anything, the bloating has finally started to go down!

39. loki

pear / 1787 posts

@lulu22: i am SOOOO jealous. i'm 14w3d... and i'm still wearing my regular pants! you look amazing!

40. lulu22

apricot / 306 posts

@loki: haha don't be jealous! I wish I still fit into regular pants, especially because we still have not told everyone and it's getting sooooo hard to hide! Last night we were going out to dinner with people who didn't know and it wasn't an appropriate occasion to tell them, so my husband made me change twice before we left the house, to ensure it was hidden!

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee