Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

April 2015 Mamas!

1. loki

pear / 1787 posts

@Rockies11: ah boo, probably wouldn't work for me! thanks for the info though. i'm hoping to do a US shopping trip at some point in the next few months so maybe i can pick some great stuff up when i'm there.

2. lulu22

apricot / 306 posts

has anyone been getting abdominal pain? I've been getting short pangs in my lower abdomen (which I presume is round ligament pain) but last night I got really sharp pain right below my belly button and it lasted longer than the ligament pain, about a minute each time.

I called my clinic and the nurse said to keep an eye on it and go to ER if the pain becomes bad or continuous. Luckily it's neither of these things so far, but I still feel super worried. Has anyone else had this?

3. Mrs. Sunshine

hostess / cantaloupe / 6486 posts

@lulu22: I'm full of a lot of really random sharp pangs while pregnant (both times so far). I usually try not worry if it isn't intense (can I still live my life normally or does it hurt to move?) & there's no bleeding or anything. First pregnancy was incredibly healthy & uneventful & so far this one has been fine too. A changing body is going to weird things. That's all I chalk it up to, but I'm also not a worrier

4. loki

pear / 1787 posts

@lulu22: ya i've been getting lots of pangs nonstop. sometimes it's hard to decipher if it's in my muscles or if it's gas pain or what it is but i'd definitely define it as sharp pangs. they usually go away pretty quickly so as long as i'm not bleeding i don't worry too much!

5. SunshineMcC

kiwi / 563 posts

@lulu22: like the other ladies, I've been having random pains, pangs and feelings on both sides of my lower abdomen. Again, as long as I'm not bleeding or having awful, continued pain, I also chalk it up to baby moving around, or things stretching out! Would a call to your doctor set your mind at ease?

6. Rockies11

persimmon / 1363 posts

@loki: I got like, all of my maternity clothes in the States. The maternity clothes are so. much. better.

7. Banana330

nectarine / 2317 posts

FYI for the Canadians out there, I noticed the other day Old Navy had maternity coats in store too! The in store selection was about the same as I saw in the US.

It sucks that most companies only offer their full maternity lines online. It would be fine if they offered them on the canadian websites too but they don't. argh

I had my midwife appointment today, and we got to hear the heartbeat on the doppler! it sounded like a dog rapidly panting. so happy things are going well!

@lulu22: I get random aching which i'm chalking up to stretching and growing.

8. lulu22

apricot / 306 posts

@Mrs. Sunshine: @loki: @SunshineMcC: @Banana330: thank you so much for all your reassuring comments about pains and pangs! I am totally being a worry wart, but I feel sooooo much better knowing that it happens to others as well. phew. deep breaths....

I just went for a swim and it made me feel so much better, really helped me clear my mind and calm down. And I swear I felt the baby squirming around while I was swimming although I'm sure it's my imagination as I'm only 14+3! haha.

9. loki

pear / 1787 posts

@Banana330: ooooo i forget which area you're in... Which old navy were you at? Gta?

10. Banana330

nectarine / 2317 posts

@lulu22: I really need to get off my ass and go for a swim!

@loki: I actually saw them at the eaton centre one, but I'm sure any of the stores that carry the maternity lines will have them. They seemed a bit on the thin side.

11. Rockies11

persimmon / 1363 posts

@lulu22: I totally started feeling baby move with my first pregnancy around 14 weeks! This time I have anterior placenta so I dont think that's going to happen.

12. Mrs. Sunshine

@lulu22: I've been trying to stick to my run schedule but some days I can't even, I have to walk & on other days I feel so extra tired when I run. I feel good while I do it but it's hard to stick with. I've been doing a lot more yoga than I usually do since my running has been sub par. Go you for getting out there!

13. delight

pomelo / 5326 posts

@everbee: congrats and welcome to our group!

@Banana330: I saw the coats at ON and was tempted to buy one but I'm holding out until after my NT scan next week. A lot of their maternity clothing is 50% off though right now!

@Rockies11: congrats on a great scan and your bump is awesome! I look the same right now at 11w as I did at 18w last time. I hope it doesn't mean I'm going to be huge!

I feel like I am so far behind you all, I haven't even had my NT scan yet One more week to go! We are telling
    Family this weekend though, I'm excited about that!

14. lulu22

apricot / 306 posts

@Mrs. Sunshine: oh believe me, my 'swim' is not what it was pre-pregnancy! I used to be able to swim a dozen laps straight without a break but now I need a break every 2 laps!! I think it's great that you are still running now and then, even if not as much as usual - I really have to push myself for a light walk or swim and I went through a phase a while back where I did NOTHING for three whole weeks. whoops.

15. Mrs. Sunshine

@delight: you're only a week behind me! I feel like everyone else is way further along too...

@lulu22: yeah I had about 2 weeks where I did nothing & then another few weeks where I only did something like once a week lol life just got in the way!

16. Banana330

nectarine / 2317 posts

@delight: I was worried they won't be warm enough.. i'm totally coveting the pea coat from the gap but pretty sure it won't still fit come jan/feb so trying not to buy it.

@Mrs. Sunshine: @lulu22: I haven't been doing any planned excercise. I still walk a fair bit in my day to day life.. but i've been feeling too rubbish to even consider going for an evening walk, run, swim or yoga. I'm hoping to start soon.

To the ladies on diclectin my midwife told me yesterday that I can shift the dosing around throughout the day. ie. I'm feeling terrible in the afternoon/evening take the double dose in the early afternoon to see if that helps. I haven't tried it yet but i'm going to this weekend. Fx it makes me a bit more functional in the evenings.

17. loki

pear / 1787 posts

@lulu22: @Mrs. Sunshine: haha you ladies are amazing but also make me feel awful. i have done ONE BIT of exercise since finding out i am pregnant (13w6d) hahaha. I'd like to say I feel guilty but honestly, the way I've been feeling it has just been IMPOSSIBLE. things seem to be settling down a bit, though i feel worst in the evening (when working out is the most plausible) so i'm hoping to get back in some sort of routine. but kudos to you for keeping it up, that is impressive!!!

@Banana330: that is a REALLY good idea. i might actually start doing that because i always feel worst in the late afternoon/evening and feel completely useless. also, i feel so gross on my train ride home. so i think i will start doing that too!!!

18. Mrs. Sunshine

@loki: I'm a SAHM mom, I only get sick at nights so I can easily take LO for a quick morning run when I'm feeling okay or squeeze something in during a nap. I didn't do anything at all except maybe an occasional walk my last pregnancy. lol

19. NeekieRose

persimmon / 1386 posts

@loki: exercise? what's that? I was much better my first pregnancy. I am just so tired all the time now. Exercising would probably help with that. We have an elliptical in the basement that I really need to use...

20. Mrs. Sunshine

@NeekieRose: the whole exercise gives you energy is a lie if you ask me! lol

21. NeekieRose

persimmon / 1386 posts

@Mrs. Sunshine: I can agree with that! Ha

22. loki

pear / 1787 posts

@NeekieRose: haha ya i was talking to a lady at work about how sick i've been and she suggested working out. i've never felt so ragey in my life. i can barely FUNCTION let alone work out. glad i'm not the only one! we are planning on buying an elliptical soon and i wanna get into some prenatal yoga but i just have not had the energy lately.

@Mrs. Sunshine: oh that's awesome. i'm jealous! ya with my 4 hour a day commute (plus the work day), working out becomes a very low priority unfortunately. i would looooooove to be a stay at home mom, though i'm sure it has it's own challenges!

23. Mrs. Sunshine

@loki: there are pros & cons to everything! Lol

24. Rockies11

persimmon / 1363 posts

@loki: don't feel guilty re: exercise. With more severe morning sicknesss, exercise makes it substantially worse, and rest makes it much better. I can barely walk my dog around the block and I take the long way to hit the escalator instead of taking the stairs, and I consider it a favour to myself, lol.

25. loki

pear / 1787 posts

@Rockies11: haha good! that makes me feel better. i am finding lately that any physical exertion absolutely murders me. i have to take this HUUUUGE set of stairs up to the train platform and i have to psych myself up for it every day. and i take it sooooooooooo slowly, people are probably like WHAT IS WRONG WITH THIS GIRL! one time i forgot to swipe on to the train and didn't realize until the top of the stairs. i was like um forget it, i'm not doing that a second time so i risked the ticket! haha. it's also tough because i find drinking a lot of water increases my risk of throwing up. so i'm trying to get enough to stay hydrated but i can't imagine getting enough for work outs. i'm just hoping things will get better in the next couple weeks and i can slowly start to reintroduce some healthy foods and light physical activity!

26. Jenn23

persimmon / 1085 posts

NT scan today went great! So happy and relieved! Baby was moving all over the place and kept putting his/her hand on its head so the pic below looks like he/she has a horn coming out. Fluid level was only 1.1 and size and HB were great. So excited!!!

27. loki

pear / 1787 posts

@Jenn23: awww congrats, so glad everything went well! the hand makes it look like you're having a little baby bird so cute!

28. Banana330

nectarine / 2317 posts

@Jenn23: Congrats! The NT scan is so reassuring!

29. NeekieRose

persimmon / 1386 posts

@Jenn23: Aww, cute! Yah for a good scan!

30. MrsMccarthy

honeydew / 7295 posts

@Jenn23: coming out of lurking to say: aww how sweet! Are you planning on getting Harmony or similar bloodwork as additional info and to find out the sex?

31. Jenn23

persimmon / 1085 posts

Thanks, everyone! I can honestly say that now it actually feels "real" that I'm pregnant. I've been so terrified this 1st trimester since this is our last/only shot at a 2nd baby (wouldn't be able to do a 3rd IVF round out of pocket again if this hadn't worked) so I've been very guarded. And after losing the twin a few weeks ago, I've been even more scared. Now I actually can breathe a bit and enjoy being pregnant!!

@MrsMccarthy: I had all of those tests today, too since I'm over 35. We can find out the gender in a week or so if we want. We are still deciding whether to find out now or wait until the 20 week ultrasound!

32. ineebee

pear / 1580 posts

@Jenn23: Yay for a great NT scan!! So happy to hear your relief and excitement! I looove the hand on the head. So adorable!

33. Mrs. Sunshine

@Jenn23: congrats!!!

So guys, I just found out we're having another little girl!!! I can't wait to tell DH later!

34. Banana330

nectarine / 2317 posts

@Mrs. Sunshine: Congrats! sisters!

35. loki

pear / 1787 posts

@Mrs. Sunshine: aw yey!!!! sisters!!!!!! congrats

36. marionberry

pomelo / 5041 posts

@Mrs. Sunshine: I'm so jealous and happy for you! Sisters are the best! Congrats.

37. MrsMccarthy

honeydew / 7295 posts

@Mrs. Sunshine: congratulations on sisters!

38. Mrs. Sunshine

@Banana330: @loki: @marionberry: @MrsMccarthy: thanks ladies! I never had a sister so we'll see how they treat each other! lol DH said he will be working late tonight. I'm dying to tell him!

39. ineebee

pear / 1580 posts

@Mrs. Sunshine: Awwww! That's so great! Good luck keeping it in til DH gets home! SOOO HARD!!!

40. MrsMccarthy

honeydew / 7295 posts

@Jenn23: oh man that's just so wonderful! I am amazed that you guys can wait! You should have them seal the envelope so you have both results available if you do wait. Ultrasounds can be wrong more often than the blood test so it might be nice to corroborate the two and be certain! I don't want you to wait though for selfish reasons: I want to know! Hahah. Any feeling either way?

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee