Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

April 2015 Mamas!

1. loki

pear / 1787 posts

@lulu22: oh that's tough when you're trying to hide it! i just want to get outta this awkward in between stage where i'm just thick but not visibly pregnant! i'm so scared i'm not gonna show forever cuz i'm not skinny

2. Banana330

nectarine / 2317 posts

@loki: I just look thick too.. and feel pudgy...

A friend is over 20 weeks now she's pretty thin and barely showing. I think it's more to do with torso length and how you're carrying.

3. lulu22

apricot / 306 posts

@loki: don't worry, you will pop soon! everyone is different and as @Banana330 says, so many factors come into it. My mother claims that it's part genetic because she always showed really early too, and yet we have totally different body shapes. But honestly, I think it's probably mostly to do with the position of the baby.

4. loki

pear / 1787 posts

@Banana330: ya i guess you just never know. and there are much more important things than how cute my pregnant belly is haha.

@lulu22: i should ask my mom how her pregnancies were... she's way shorter than me but otherwise i think our bodies are pretty similar. i did ask her about her morning sickness and she only ever had it the last of her four pregnancies! so we're not similar in that way. i guess i'll show when i show but i can't help but be paranoid (crazy) that if i'm not showing it means baby isn't growing!

5. Mrs. Sunshine

hostess / cantaloupe / 6486 posts

@loki: haha thanks!

@lulu22: you are adorable!

6. NeekieRose

persimmon / 1386 posts

Alright ladies, I made it. Now go post your latest bumps over here: http://boards.hellobee.com/topic/april-2015-bumps

7. NeekieRose

persimmon / 1386 posts

@lulu22: Love your bump!

8. SunshineMcC

kiwi / 563 posts

love all the bumps - you ladies look great! 15 weeks today - hooray!

9. SunshineMcC

kiwi / 563 posts

@lilyofthewest: congrats on a great scan. I loved this part of your post: "inappropriate use of the office ultrasound machine"! Ha! I'd be doing the same thing.

10. SunshineMcC

kiwi / 563 posts

@NeekieRose: I listened to the heartbeat again on Sunday night - it's so nice to have the home doppler! I'm trying to only do it once a week or so, but it's so nice to have that confirmation with such long waits between appointments! Our 16 week appointment is one week from tomorrow and I can't wait to see our little guy again!

11. SunshineMcC

kiwi / 563 posts

@Banana330: Yes to exhausted over here! I took naps on Friday and Saturday (2, 2-hours on Sat), because I've been so tired. I made it through all day Sunday without one, hoping to sleep well at night, and it didn't happen. I was off yesterday, and slept for about 3.5 hours in the afternoon. I can't figure out if my napping is impacting my night sleep or not, so I'm just taking the sleep when I can get it these days. My weeks are so busy with work and evening activities, so I pretty much carve out my weekends for rest and sleep!

12. Boopers

pear / 1548 posts

My doctor called with my results from my appt last week and said I have a group b strep infection. I have to take antibiotics three times a day and will need antibiotics during labor so I don't pass it to the baby. Reading about it online makes it sound kind of scary, but I'm going to try to stay calm until I talk to my dr in a few weeks at my next appt.

13. Mrs. Sunshine

@Boopers: I had that last pregnancy but I only needed the antibiotics during labor! & we had to stay an extra day to make sure LO wasn't displaying any signs of it being passed. It all worked out fine though. Don't be worried!

14. loki

pear / 1787 posts

@Boopers: oh no i've never heard of this. i assume it's great that they caught it now and can make sure you get the treatment you need during labour! was it found in your blood work or what?

15. Mrs. Sunshine

@loki: I think they found mine during the Pap at my first appointment.

16. loki

pear / 1787 posts

@Mrs. Sunshine: ooo so we should have heard about it by now if it's a concern?

17. Mrs. Sunshine

@loki: mostly likely but I will note that I had no idea about it until I was 35 weeks! If you test negative at your first appointment they test ypu again at 35 weeks but if you test positive they don't test you again & they just give you antibiotics when you begin labor. I only found out because the nurse told me I was going to need another pap & my doctor said no, I tested positive at 9 weeks. That made me mad so I'll definitely be asking about it at my next appointment so I'll know what's going on.

18. loki

pear / 1787 posts

@Mrs. Sunshine: good info, thanks so much! i didn't know any of this stuff.

19. Mrs. Sunshine

@loki: I only know because of my experience last time! & it can apparently go away so just because I had it last time doesn't mean I do this time...at least that's what the nurse told me at my last appointment. Glad I could help!

20. marionberry

pomelo / 5041 posts

@Boopers: like others have said group b strep is no big deal. Our hospital just gives you meds when you arrive for delivery. Idk the stats but I guarantee about half will be group b positive by the end.

21. SunshineMcC

kiwi / 563 posts

@NeekieRose: love that you created this! Will post soon!

22. As Time Goes By

apricot / 346 posts

@Mrs. Sunshine: it went well. I didn't announce so much as wait for a comment about when we're having kids (it's always inevitable) but my grandma actually came up and put her hand on my belly and asked what was in there. The look on her face when I replied a baby was priceless!

23. As Time Goes By

apricot / 346 posts

@Banana330: I'm the opposite... I finally feel the exhaustion lifting. I hope it gets better for you

24. As Time Goes By

apricot / 346 posts

@Boopers: weird here they don't even test until 35-38 weeks. Atleast you know your doctors are on top of things!

25. Boopers

pear / 1548 posts

@Mrs. Sunshine: thanks for letting me know your experiences with it! I guess my doctor doesn't want me having the infection now which is why she's treating it. It's good to anticipate having to stay an extra day for extra monitoring.

@loki: @As Time Goes By: I had no idea they were testing for it. I give a urine culture at every appointment and I guess it showed up in my batch from Thursday.

@marionberry: I read 10-30% of women get it at some point during pregnancy. I feel like I had heard about it, but didn't know much about it until today.

26. Mrs. Sunshine

@Boopers: yes by the end of the extra day we were bored & so ready to go home! I wish we had known about it before hand!

27. loki

pear / 1787 posts

@Boopers: oh interesting. good to be prepared but it sounds like it's pretty common and not too big of a deal. so that's good news!

@As Time Goes By: haha so cute!!!

28. Mrs. Sunshine

@As Time Goes By: I'm so glad it went well!

29. Banana330

nectarine / 2317 posts

@As Time Goes By: so jealous, i'd kill for some energy! I could sleep all day if it wouldn't get fired for it...

30. SunshineMcC

kiwi / 563 posts

Hey all! I finally came clean at work, as I started wearing some maternity clothes this week and the little bump was out there! It was so great to share with people and also great to be wearing clothes that are comfy and not too tight jeans and baggy shirts!

31. NeekieRose

persimmon / 1386 posts

@SunshineMcC: Yah! How did it go with work?

32. SunshineMcC

kiwi / 563 posts

@NeekieRose: Thanks! It went really well - everyone I told was really excited and supportive - many of them knew that we had a MMC last year and that we've been trying, so they were very happy for us. It feels so good to be open about it! There are about 90 people in my office, so I didn't tell everyone, but I'm sure the news will trickle out, and depending on what I'm wearing, more people will know!

So excited for the weekend - I slept through my alarm this morning and had to take a late train into the city! My back is still really messed up, so am hoping to get a massage this weekend, in hopes that will help.

Anyone have big plans for the weekend?

33. lulu22

apricot / 306 posts

@SunshineMcC: yay! exciting news! I started wearing maternity clothes this week too! Isn't it just soooo much more comfortable?! To be honest I probably should have started a couple of weeks ago. What maternity clothes are you wearing? We should post pics of our outfit finds on the bump board!

My jeans arrived from loft and I really like them. The band that goes over the belly doesn't feel SUPER stretchy so I have my doubts that they will last me till 40weeks, but they are very comfy now. I also love the top I ordered from loft and I am glad I got it in 2 colors. And yesterday I went to target and got a couple of dresses... both with heaps of room to grow... makes it feel very real!

34. SunshineMcC

kiwi / 563 posts

@lulu22: I know, it does make it so real! I got 3 dresses from Old Navy, 2 pairs of maternity panel jeans and a pair of work pants, as well as a long cardigan from Target. I'm sure I'll be buying more - but I wanted to get a few staples that I could mix in with other clothes too! By late afternoon when the bump is a bit bigger, it's so comfy not to be in restricting clothes!

35. NeekieRose

persimmon / 1386 posts

@lulu22: exciting that you got a bunch of maternity clothes! I am not sure what I am going to buy this time around. Since this pregnancy is opposite seasons I will probably have to pick up some warmers clothes. I'm still wearing just normal dresses to work and those should be fine for awhile. I break out the maternity jeans on the weekend.

36. Mrs. Sunshine

@SunshineMcC: that's so great! this weekend my best friends third son is turning 3 so we have his party & then LO is spending the night at my parents so DH & I can celebrate our first wedding anniversary!

I'm still not wearing maternity stuff yet & probably won't be for a while. I'm having ton of sciatica nerve pain today & slept horribly so I'm super exhausted today. You'd think staying at home would be beneficial to a tired pregnant lady but the pull to do all my chores & not be a slacker keeps winning over rest & I think I've been doing a little too much lately. It's hard to find the balance. I was not this tired last time!

37. SunshineMcC

kiwi / 563 posts

@Mrs. Sunshine: oh fun, happy anniversary! That will be great for you guys to have some time together! Sorry to hear about the sciatica pain - that's not fun. I've just been using a heating pad for my back, haven't taken any tylenol or anything - Monday was bad, Tuesday was better and yesterday barely no pain, but it was back when I woke up this morning. Boo! I hear you on finding the balance of it - I think you should treat yourself to a nap today!

38. Mrs. Sunshine

@SunshineMcC: I always do everything I can to avoid taking pain mess while pregnant. That's being said, because I go so long without taking anything, just one Tylenol usually knocks any pain I'm having right out! I would take one & see if it helps!

39. lulu22

apricot / 306 posts

@Mrs. Sunshine: sorry to hear you are in pain! I get the sciatica nerve pain too, it starts in my butt and radiates down my legs at night. I've not taken anything either, but my acupuncturist recommended a chiropractor who specializes in working with pregnant women so I might give that a go if it doesn't get better.

40. Mrs. Sunshine

@lulu22: I try some yoga to help but I'm thinking I'm going to need something else if this continues!

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee