Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

April 2015 Mamas!

1. PawPrints

pomegranate / 3658 posts

Hey, did you all notice we are winning in the poll?
    http://boards.hellobee.com/topic/what-month-would-you-pick

2. lilyofthewest

pear / 1697 posts

@PawPrints: I did, how neat! My vote was for November...Nov would've meant getting KU on the first month trying rather than 7 cycles of endometriosis pain!

3. lilyofthewest

pear / 1697 posts

Alright y'all...I'm telling my supervisors tomorrow. I am expecting them to probably be strictly polite and professional (but definitely not warm or nice) about it.

I am worried that one might be nasty though. I'm going to try to catch both of them at the same time, because I think she's less likely to be nasty with an audience than if she's talking to me privately. I'm also off until next Thursday....hopefully she'll get done with the worst of it by the time I'm back at work.

Any words of wisdom/advice? Wish me luck!

4. Mrs. Sunshine

hostess / cantaloupe / 6486 posts

@lilyofthewest: no words of wisdom but good luck!

5. PawPrints

pomegranate / 3658 posts

@lilyofthewest: Good luck! Any chance you could get away with telling them via email?

6. NeekieRose

persimmon / 1386 posts

@lilyofthewest: Good luck! Why do you think the one will be nasty? I'm not looking forward to telling my VP. When I told her last time she never said congrats, just thanked me for planning my leave around our busy season. This time my leave is right in the middle of the busy season and she will probably think its irresponsible for me to be having another baby (and taking leave) again so soon. Not sure how much of this she will vocalize, I wouldn't be terribly surprised if she did. I am probably going to have a preemptive talk with HR (who is fantastic).

7. loki

pear / 1787 posts

@lilyofthewest: good luck today!

@PawPrints: i saw that and was so happy! i went for a massage on the weekend and the girl kept going on and on about how april is such a great time to have a baby!

after a couple of weeks of manageable nausea and thinking i was coming around... yesterday morning i threw up SO MUCHHHHH. outta nowhere. it was horrible. i stayed home from work and was so miserable because it felt like a huge step backwards. and today i forgot my diclectin at home so i'm nervous... how is everyone else doing/feeling?

also... TMI alert... does anyone else have crazy CM? i go to the bathroom sometimes and my undies look like i peed my pants! my googling tells me it's normal but wtf!

8. Mrs. Sunshine

@loki: last night I was just thinking about how much more mild the nausea is &how nice that was. This morning I had to take my vitamins 3 times because I kept throwing them up! & yes to the CM too. Sometimes I feel it & wonder if I peed or I'm bleeding lol i hope you enjoyed your massage & the at you feel better the rest of the day!

9. SunshineMcC

kiwi / 563 posts

@lilyofthewest: Oh good luck today! I hope you get a positive response! I'm in HR and can't imagine anyone not responding well to this kind of news. I'd assure them how prepared you'll be in terms of handing over your work, and anticipating any challenges while you're gone. Let us know how it goes!!!

@loki: How was the massage? I'm hoping to get one this weekend - my back is not happy with me these days! And yes to the CM, like @Mrs.Sunshine, sometimes I'll check and be scared that I'm bleeding! I think it is totally normal.

@Mrs. Sunshine: @loki: Sorry to hear you're not feeling well - hopefully it passes and you both have a wonderful day!

So, wore a new pair of maternity pants to work this morning and by the time I got to the office from the train, they were sagging so much, you could almost see the panel! ugh. I thought I was smart getting a pair that was really comfy when I tried them on (even though it was a size up from what I normally wear), but I guess I underestimated the power of the panel. What are your thoughts/preferences on the panel vs. the stretchy under belly band?

10. Mrs. Sunshine

@SunshineMcC: I had one pair of maternity shorts last time & I hated the panel. It was a full panel but I folded it down to make a demi & I still hated it, even when I was bigger. I much prefer the under belly band. & you don't even have to necessarily buy maternity pants if you go the no panel route....then you can maybe wear them post partum too.

11. loki

pear / 1787 posts

@Mrs. Sunshine: ok good, glad it's not just me! i totally have panicked and thought i was bleeding too! so scary. sorry to hear you were so sick too. hopefully that's the last of it for both of us.

@SunshineMcC: i have a pair of maternity jeans that i wore for the first time and felt like i kept having to yank them up even though i sized down! so frustrating. i think in the long run i'll prefer the full panel though because i don't think i'd like my belly being exposed, popping out like that. i prefer the full coverage.

12. lulu22

apricot / 306 posts

@loki: loads of CM here too. it's especially bad when I go for a brisk walk. I am CONSTANTLY checking my undies in fear of blood, although it's never anything to worry about.

13. loki

pear / 1787 posts

@lulu22: glad to hear i'm not some leaking mutant! haha. i feel so gross. so crazy that something so tiny in you can have such a crazy affect (effect? i never know) on your body!

14. lilyofthewest

pear / 1697 posts

I'm counting down to having to tell them later this afternoon. The main reason that I anticipate a less than positive response is that there isn't someone to hand my work off to...they will need to hire a temp or supplemental staff.

One of my supervisors has been struggling with infertility, so, the news may be difficult for her on a personal level as well.

15. SunshineMcC

kiwi / 563 posts

@lilyofthewest: Oh, wishing you luck - maybe you could offer to hire and train the temp person before your leave?

16. lilyofthewest

pear / 1697 posts

It actually went really well y'all. I am so relieved. They were both supportive and congratulatory. And the supervisor with IF...is pregnant too!

We're going to be out on overlapping leaves, so, that's going to be quite a staffing adventure for our office, but, I am so happy for her after all she's been through.

17. loki

pear / 1787 posts

@lilyofthewest: oh wow great news all around! glad it wasn't as bad as you thought and so exciting for your manager with IF... you must be so relieved!

18. Mrs. Sunshine

@lilyofthewest: oh my gosh yay! What great news!

19. SunshineMcC

kiwi / 563 posts

@lilyofthewest: That's wonderful - what a relief! Now you can REALLY enjoy your weekend!

I am counting down the hours until the weekend is here! DH & I are going out to listen to a friend's band tonight and dinner with friends tomorrow night. No other plans, which I love! I might start tackling the guest room - soon to be baby room! I am feeling the nesting coming on! Oh, and I scheduled a massage for tomorrow and am. so. excited.

Any fun weekend plans ladies??

20. lilyofthewest

pear / 1697 posts

@SunshineMcC: hurray for massage!

I'm off on a little long weekend vacation. So looking forward to it.

21. lulu22

apricot / 306 posts

@lilyofthewest: glad it went well when you told them! now you can relax and enjoy the weekend!

22. PawPrints

pomegranate / 3658 posts

@lilyofthewest: Great that it went well!

Well I feel weird, I have been LOVING my full panel maternity jeans. They fit like a glove. Why does everyone have to yank them up? Is the panel too loose? Maybe I'm just more bloated than you guys.

23. Rockies11

persimmon / 1363 posts

@lilyofthewest: glad it went so well!

24. marionberry

pomelo / 5041 posts

@PawPrints: I'm with you! I live for full panel pants and my fat belly keeps them up pretty well.

AFM, had my appt yesterday and heard both heartbeats. The dr didn't have my NT results for some reason and I missed her call right before her practice closed so now I'll have to wait until Monday to hear the results. Our anatomy scan won't be until 20 weeks though, blah!

25. PawPrints

pomegranate / 3658 posts

Anybody felt any movement yet? I kind of think I may have felt a flutter this morning. (!!!!) I'm 15w5d.

26. Mrs. Sunshine

@PawPrints: yes! I swear I felt something yesterday but I was sitting on the couch, looking at my phone & talking to DH so it took me a second to realize that's what I think I felt. I wish I had been paying attention!

27. PawPrints

pomegranate / 3658 posts

@Mrs. Sunshine: Yay! Yeah it definitely took me a second as well - like, wait, what? I looked up a bunch of old threads to see if I was crazy to feel anything this early but it looks like a lot of people feel movement around 15-16 weeks.

28. Boopers

pear / 1548 posts

@PawPrints: I *think* I've felt movement, based on what I've read it feels like, but I'm not absolutely sure that's what it is.

29. lilyofthewest

pear / 1697 posts

Yes! I didn't think the feeling was fetus; I thought it was GI related until I saw fetus moving on ultrasound at the same time as I had the sensation. No way I would've realized without seeing it on real time.

30. loki

pear / 1787 posts

@SunshineMcC: sorry, i think i missed replying to your post before! the massage was great! not AS relaxing as a normal massage because she had me lie on my side and i'm just way more comfortable on my stomach. but still nice... although my back is still hurting so i'm craving another one. did you end up going?

@PawPrints: i'm not as far along as you and last week i TOTALLY thought i felt something... i was lying on my stomach and think if i was lying on my back i wouldn't have felt it but it felt like a very distinctive flutter/flip in my stomach kind of. it was odd. but i dunno, i was really early at the time so i'm not so convinced. it was just a really odd sensation... so who knows!

@marionberry: aw hearing the heartbeats must've been so exciting! hope you get the results early this morning and it's all good news

31. Banana330

nectarine / 2317 posts

Did you see the Royal baby is officially announced as April due date!

I went to my first prenatal yoga class, I was by far the least pregnant there! It was good, felt nice to get some stretching in, and it's amazing how 14 weeks of lying on the couching feeling sick can make you out of shape! my arms were killing me.

32. loki

pear / 1787 posts

@Banana330: i heard that on the radio this morning! she totally wants to be us

good to know about the yoga. there's a session starting in november near me and i really want to start. i've been SO LAZY and i feel so insanely outta shape so getting back into something productive would be good for me. you have inspired me to sign up finally!

33. marionberry

pomelo / 5041 posts

@loki: Thank you. I've been so busy that I had forgotten. I'll have to call this morning when I get to work. And your movements sound like baby to me!

34. loki

pear / 1787 posts

@marionberry: i just reread my other post and realized i wrote "distinctful" instead of "distinctive"... i have full on baby brain. i corrected it! i guess it's good you're busy and haven't been stressing about your results

i also think i popped a bit over the weekend. still just look like i had a big lunch but way more baby to me than before! i'll have to take a photo for the bump thread when i get home.

35. meredithNYC

pomegranate / 3314 posts

@PawPrints: Not yet, but I'm only 14 weeks. Last pregnancy I had the posterior placenta issue and feeling movement took forever! This time that's not the case, so hoping for some earlier feelings this time around.

Went to a wedding in NC this past weekend and didn't feel too bad at all - even managed to dance all night and sip a small glass of wine (it was glorious). Just at 14 weeks today and hoping and praying that morning sickness is on its way out and that I may even be able to do a barre class soon!

36. meredithNYC

pomegranate / 3314 posts

Also, everyone, it has been confirmed that Kate Middleton's due date is sometime in April. We kind of already figured that, but still, hooray!

37. Mrs. Sunshine

@loki: I swear yesterday my bump was the biggest it's been this whole time! My family even comment several times this weekend!

38. marionberry

pomelo / 5041 posts

@loki: I got a hold of the office and they said that my results were normal. I would've liked to have a little more detail than that but I'll take the positive for now. I go in for my next blood test to finish up the sequential scan next week, so I should know definitive answers in a couple weeks.

39. loki

pear / 1787 posts

@marionberry: normal is good! i go for my second set of blood tests this upcoming saturday so we're on a pretty similar schedule. do you definitely have to wait until 20 weeks for your anatomy scan? my friend's midwife told her you could go as early as 17 weeks so i'm going to ask my dr tonight if i can go earlier than 20 weeks... i'm so anxious to find out the sex!

did anyone go before 20 weeks for previous pregnancies?

40. loki

pear / 1787 posts

also are pregnant women supposed to get flu shots? our office is offering it and i'll definitely ask my dr tonight but is it contraindicated? or advised to get it? what are you guys doing?

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee