Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

April 2015 Mamas!

1. Astro Bee

pear / 1503 posts

Been offline the last several day... A combination of busy with work, and a head cold that really exacerbated my morning sickness. Hoping that the ms goes away soon. I really feel like I'm being punished for such an easy 1st trimester. Ugh!

@Loki, @Banana330: Currently shopping in upstate NY (Syracuse tbe) for maternity clothes. Ottawa doesn't seem to have much of a selection. And I desperately need more pants. The 2 I bought at Motherhood Maternity last month, and my 2 low-rise pre-prego jeans aren't cutting it anymore.

Haven't even really thought about a registry yet, or a shower. I moved about a year ago back to Canada and most of my friends and family are spread across the country. My co-workers are almost exclusively male, and they're great guys, but not about to throw me a shower. @Pawprints you are so lucky there! If I do have a shower, I will have to fly 4 hrs away, which means I'd have to lay down strict rules about online registry only that I'd either pick up at the local store, or request the friend/family member mail the package themself. On top of that, I didn't enjoy the hype and awkwardness of my bridal shower, and only did that 'cause my mom was so excited about throwing it. The baby shower feels like the same imposition, and I'd be fine just not having one. I'm sure I could use the $600 for the plane ticket to buy a lot of baby stuff!

2. Banana330

nectarine / 2317 posts

@Astro Bee: I'm heading down that way next weekend, let me know how the selection is! Hope you're feeling better soon.

3. Astro Bee

pear / 1503 posts

@Banana330: For sure, will do. We're just finishing up late lunch/early supper (gotta love weekend hours!) and are heading to Destiny USA (the old Carousel Mall).

Sorry all, didn't mean to be such a downer with my last post. Baby isn't even here yet, and we are already getting some family pressure!

On a very good and exciting front (drumroll, please).... I actually felt baby from the outside last night! As in, with my hand! Twice! I've been feeling the occasional vague fluttering for a few weeks now, that I figured wasn't just the normal stomach gurgles. But last night lying in bed I felt stronger flutters, and just for the heck of it, put my hand there, and felt a distinct kick! I called for DH and he came running up fr downstairs, but baby wouldn't cooperate for him and kick. Of course, 20 mins later I felt another big kick. So exciting, and I didn't even think it was possible to feel it from the outside yet. I'm at 18w3d, and I thought it was a late 2nd tri thing.

Has anyone else felt this? Second time moms, what's been your experience?

4. lilyofthewest

pear / 1697 posts

Excited and nervous -- Sweetie's parents are in town and staying with us tonight. We held out on telling them about being pregnant because we knew we'd be seeing them in person tonight. Whee!

5. Astro Bee

pear / 1503 posts

@Lilyofthewest: how exciting! So nice to be able to tell them in person. I hope they were super excited for you guys. Have you told the rest of your family yet?

6. As Time Goes By

apricot / 346 posts

@SunshineMcC: that's too cute!

7. As Time Goes By

apricot / 346 posts

@loki: my sister has told my mom she wants to host my shower but she's due 3 weeks before me and lives 8 hours away (it's her second so no shower for her). originally I suggested early February, but considering the drive she would need to make I don't know if she'll be able to do it at 8 months pregnant. So it will either be early January when she's planning on coming down anyways or ????

8. As Time Goes By

apricot / 346 posts

@Astro Bee: that's so exciting you have felt it on the outside! I wonder what the norm is?

Any of our second time moms remember when you felt kicks on the outside?

@lilyofthewest: I hope it went well!

9. Rockies11

persimmon / 1363 posts

@Astro Bee: from my recollections it was late second tri! My LO was in a weird position in the womb for a long, long time - like 30 weeks onwards, and she wasn't kicking so much as flexing her feet back and forth!

10. brownie

grapefruit / 4110 posts

@As Time Goes By: Thanksgiving day. My son was due April 7th and born April 18th and I felt movement on the outside on Thanksgiving (it was the first time daddy felt it to).

I'm not the best example as I never really, had a lot of movement.

11. lilyofthewest

pear / 1697 posts

@Astro Bee: @As Time Goes By: It was lovely! They ooohed and aaahed and made a big excited fuss and made it all seem extra species and exciting.

@Astro Bee: !! That's awesome. I'm still feeling only vague and inconsistent things inside, so, I imagine I've so time to wait.

@As Time Goes By: That's neat that your sister is pregnant along with you. I think that'll make for a great (if a bit early) shower.

12. Boopers

pear / 1548 posts

My anatomy scan is finally today! I hope baby cooperates and that we can see something today. I'm so impatient at this point

13. Mrs. Sunshine

hostess / cantaloupe / 6486 posts

@Boopers: That's so exciting!!!

Re: feeling movement from the outside. I felt it around 18 ish weeks I think because I remember DH felt it for the first time the day or our gender reveal party & I was almost 21 weeks. It's getting close for all of us!

14. NeekieRose

persimmon / 1386 posts

@Astro Bee: I didn't feel DD at all until about 20-22 weeks (can't remember exactly), but within a week I was able to feel her on the outside. So you are about a month ahead of what I felt, but I had an anterior placenta so I think that it is totally possible to feel your baby!

@Boopers: Exciting! When is the appointment? Do you have to wait all day?

@lilyofthewest: Glad it went so well sharing your news!

15. NeekieRose

persimmon / 1386 posts

I had my anatomy scan last Thursday and everything looks perfectly normal. Such a relief. (Although the ultrasound tech did give me a really hard time about doing it before 20 weeks, she almost made us come back but ended up being able to see everything she needed to see).

Since we were doing a gender reveal on Saturday at DD's party, we had the tech put the gender in an envelope. It was pretty hard to not peek, but I focused on all the party prep.

Then Saturday during the party DD, DH, and I opened up the box in front of our friends and family and a bunch of PINK balloons came out!

Here is a picture of baby girl Ryan from the anatomy scan:

16. NeekieRose

persimmon / 1386 posts

Updated with my next appointment and gender!

Upcoming Appointments
    11/03 - Boopers (anatomy scan!)
    11/05 - Banana330 (appt)
    11/07 - loki (anatomy scan!), Boopers
    11/11 - ineebee (AS), marionberry (appt)
    11/18 - SunshineMcC (AS)
    11/20 - As Time Goes By (AS)
    11/20 - Rockies11 (AS)
    11/24 - Marionberry (AS)
    11/25 - NeekieRose

Due Dates
    3/28 – Neekierose (#2)
    3/30 - Astro Bee
    4/1 – Boopers
    4/3 – As Time Goes By
    4/5 – ineebee
    4/6 – Lulu22
    4/7 – Pawprints
    4/8 – Dancingbee, Brownie, anonysquire (#2)
    4/9 – SunshineMcC , loki
    4/10 – Windswept
    4/11 – Marionberry (#2, TWINS), BCHossley
    4/15 – Mrs.Pinecone316
    4/16 – Banana330
    4/18 – MeredithNYC
    4/19 – Lilyofthewest
    4/21 – Rockies11 (#2)
    4/23- Mrs. Sunshine (#2)
    4/24 – Jenn23 (#2)
    4/30 – Delight (#2)

17. Mrs. Sunshine

@NeekieRose: congratulations!!!! Do you realize how much back to back proms will cost us both with two girls this close together? lol they're going to need jobs!

18. NeekieRose

persimmon / 1386 posts

@Mrs. Sunshine: Didn't even think about proms. Although I did say something to DH about weddings last night and he groaned. Hahah. Our girls are going to be so lucky to have sisters so close!

19. Banana330

nectarine / 2317 posts

@Mrs. Sunshine: Congrats!

it's so exciting to see the list filling up with genders!

20. marionberry

pomelo / 5041 posts

@NeekieRose: So excited for you! I'm so bummed I have 3 weeks to wait still. We found out at 17 weeks last time.

21. NeekieRose

persimmon / 1386 posts

@marionberry: Thanks! We found at at 13 weeks last time so waiting to 19 was hard! Three weeks will be here before you know it; and you have the added bonus of finding out both genders! Maybe one of each

22. Boopers

pear / 1548 posts

@NeekieRose: woohoo congrats! My appt is at 2 Central, so two more hours. So anxious!

23. Banana330

nectarine / 2317 posts

@NeekieRose: Congrats!

@Boopers: I totally thought this was an update with what you're having!

24. Boopers

pear / 1548 posts

@Banana330: hahaha sorry! I'm anxiously trying to pass the time and I just got home from work. Waiting for DH to get home!

25. NeekieRose

persimmon / 1386 posts

@Boopers: 2 hours is really soon!!

26. autumnlove

hostess / wonderful watermelon / 39513 posts

@NeekieRose: I was stalking this thread for an update! Baby girl Ryan...yay!!! Congrats!

27. NeekieRose

persimmon / 1386 posts

@autumnlove: haha! Thanks! Pretty excited for a girl named Ryan!

28. ineebee

pear / 1580 posts

@As Time Goes By: I'm a first-time mom, but at 18w, DH was able to feel the baby move for the first time this past Saturday!! It was extra special because we were having dinner with our very good friends, so to share that moment was really memorable!

I'm feeling the baby move pretty much with every meal. It's a different world!!

29. PawPrints

pomegranate / 3658 posts

Calendar update! Anything missing?

30. PawPrints

pomegranate / 3658 posts

I am 18 weeks today and feeling lots of tiny little kicks. DH is super jealous and keeps trying to feel them, but I think he's probably got a few weeks to wait before they are that strong. Exciting! Still don't know my AS date but that should be scheduled soon.

31. ineebee

pear / 1580 posts

@PawPrints: Thanks for updating the calendar!! Looks great to me!

32. Boopers

pear / 1548 posts

It's a boy!! I totally knew it we got a shot clear as day! I also have an anterior placenta so I probably won't be feeling movement for a while!

33. Banana330

nectarine / 2317 posts

@Boopers: Yay! congrats!

I also have an anterior placenta, it sucks cause i really can't wait to feel this baby move!

34. NeekieRose

persimmon / 1386 posts

@Boopers: Yah!!

@Banana330: @Boopers: I have anterior placenta this time again so the ultrasound tech was like "I'm surprised you can feel any movement"...but I think it's just because it's the second time? Definitely didn't feel movement until later...but the good news is once your babies can make movement felt through that anterior placenta, you will be able to feel on the outside pretty quickly!

35. Astro Bee

pear / 1503 posts

I have my anatomy scan on Friday. Updating the list. And my doc is using April 1st as my EDD. My family doc had given me April 2nd, but my 12 wk ultrasound measured a few days early, and unless it's a week or more difference, they don't change the date. Which I only found out at my last appt (and first one with the new doc). She's the one who will be delivering and handling all my prenatal care, so I've been going with that date since then.

Upcoming Appointments
    11/03 - Boopers (anatomy scan!)
    11/05 - Banana330 (appt)
    11/07 - loki (anatomy scan!), Boopers, Astro Bee (AS)
    11/11 - ineebee (AS), marionberry (appt)
    11/18 - SunshineMcC (AS)
    11/20 - As Time Goes By (AS)
    11/20 - Rockies11 (AS)
    11/24 - Marionberry (AS)
    11/25 - NeekieRose

Due Dates
    3/28 – Neekierose (#2) [:girl:]
    4/1 – Boopers
    4/3 – As Time Goes By
    4/5 – ineebee [:boy:]
    4/6 – Lulu22 [:boy:]
    4/7 – Pawprints, Astro Bee
    4/8 – Dancingbee, Brownie, anonysquire (#2)
    4/9 – SunshineMcC [:boy:] , loki
    4/10 – Windswept
    4/11 – Marionberry (#2, TWINS), BCHossley
    4/15 – Mrs.Pinecone316
    4/16 – Banana330
    4/18 – MeredithNYC
    4/19 – Lilyofthewest
    4/21 – Rockies11 (#2)
    4/23- Mrs. Sunshine (#2) [:girl:]
    4/24 – Jenn23 (#2)
    4/30 – Delight (#2)

36. Mrs. Sunshine

@Boopers: oh congratulations!!!! I'm getting so excited for all of us! lol

37. Astro Bee

pear / 1503 posts

@Boopers, @NeekieRose: Congratulations, you two!

With so many anatomy scans in the next couple of weeks, we'll hopefully have the calendar full or pink, blue and green! Here's crossing fingers that all of us have babies that cooperate on that front.

38. MrsMccarthy

honeydew / 7295 posts

@Boopers: congratulations on your long awaited little boy! What a special little guy he is.

39. Boopers

pear / 1548 posts

@Banana330: @NeekieRose: @Mrs. Sunshine: @Astro Bee: @MrsMccarthy: thanks so much ladies! We are ecstatic!

I can't wait until we fill up the rest of the chart for those still waiting to find out!!

40. loki

pear / 1787 posts

@As Time Goes By: so exciting your sister and you are due so close together! super nice she wants to throw you a shower. an early one is great because you have time to shop after

@NeekieRose: omg yay!!! i had a feeling you were having another girl and i'm so happy because ryan is great for a boy but i LOVE it for a girl!!!! i told my DH about it and he's obsessed with it for a girl now too! haha. sisters

@Boopers: aw congrats! it is so exciting people are finding out!!!

our anatomy scan is on friday and it's ALL I AM THINKING ABOUT! haha. can't wait to go on a spree once i find out the gender.
    i got to see baby yesterday because i've been having really bizarre pain on my left side... my dr sent me for a pelvic ultrasound but the tech was kind enough to show me baby and let me see the heartbeat! it was so nice to see. and he/she was moving around a lot which was precious

since that first time when i thought i felt something, i haven't really felt anything at all. i'm trying to be so in tune with it buuuuuut all i can really feel is my own heartbeat in my stomach. i googled and apparently it's common! haha. can't wait until i actually start to feel the movement.

guys i can't believe we're about halfway there!

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee