Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

April 2015 Mamas!

1. lilyofthewest

pear / 1697 posts

@loki: Right now I almost exclusively feel movement when I wake up in the middle of the night (and then it is distracting and I can't get back to sleep), or when I'm trying to meditate (also not helpful). Hopefully yours will have a better sense of timing!

2. loki

pear / 1787 posts

@lilyofthewest: haha babies just don't realize how much they inconvenience us, do they?! glad to hear telling the family went well

3. lulu22

apricot / 306 posts

hi all, sorry I've been offline more than usual! I had a bit of a stressful weekend due to some light spotting/bleeding. Went into ER and had two ultrasounds and a bunch of tests... everything is fine, baby was happily bouncing away and placenta etc all looked good. No real explanation for the spotting/bleeding except maybe the yeast infection and/or monistat. I feel so much better now, knowing that the baby is ok. I actually bought a home doppler last week, which seems kind of stupid to do at week 17 but I was beside myself with worry and just needed some reassurance (this was before the ER visit) and I love it.
    Anatomy scan in two weeks yay! So excited to be almost halfway.

4. loki

pear / 1787 posts

@lulu22: so sorry you had to go through that stress but great to hear baby is doing well and you got some peace of mind.

5. lulu22

apricot / 306 posts

@loki: thanks! you are spot on when you say these babies just don't realize how much they inconvenience us! haha.

6. Mrs. Sunshine

hostess / cantaloupe / 6486 posts

@loki: last time & this time I feel my heart beat in my stomach all day. It's really super strong but I guess that means good blood flow to baby!

7. Banana330

nectarine / 2317 posts

@lulu22: Sorry you had a stressful weekend. Good to hear the outcome. I borrowed a doppler from a friend. I can find my heartbeat loud and clear, but the baby is always a bit tricky. I'm guessing its the anterior placenta that's blocking it. but it is so reassuring to hear.

8. NeekieRose

persimmon / 1386 posts

@lulu22: Glad everything is good with the baby! And home dopplers are great.

9. NeekieRose

persimmon / 1386 posts

@loki: Thanks! I'm really happy that it's another girl too!

10. loki

pear / 1787 posts

@NeekieRose: did you have a feeling it was a girl before finding out?

@Mrs. Sunshine: it is soooo bizarre, i'm a stomach sleeper and feel it SO strongly when i'm lying down... i find myself having to roll over because it drives me crazy! so many things happen to your body that i had NO idea about!

11. NeekieRose

persimmon / 1386 posts

@loki: Early on I thought it was a girl, maybe? But then I convinced myself it was a boy (partly because I think I wanted another girl, so I didn't want to be disappointed if it was a boy? Maybe?). Then at the anatomy scan I got a quick crotch shot when she was showing us the feet and I was for sure that I didn't see the telltale "three lines" for a girl...so I was even more convinced it was a boy...long way of saying I was definitely surprised at the gender reveal!

12. marionberry

pomelo / 5041 posts

@lulu22: So happy to hear everything is ok!

13. Astro Bee

pear / 1503 posts

Gah! My crazy baby brain. I put the right date in this time. @Boopers, I also put your little girl in, too. So happy for you.

@Lulu22: Glad that you and baby are doing okay. It can be scary, but glad you got it checked out. I'm so happy that I"m feeling the baby now everyday (there was almost a week where I didn't), it's weird what your mind can convince you of. I'm quite lucky that I have a posterior placenta, seeing as how I have/had a tilted uterus.

Upcoming Appointments
    11/05 - Banana330 (appt)
    11/07 - loki (anatomy scan!), Boopers
    11/11 - ineebee (AS), marionberry (appt)
    11/18 - SunshineMcC (AS)
    11/20 - As Time Goes By (AS)
    11/20 - Rockies11 (AS)
    11/24 - Marionberry (AS)
    11/25 - NeekieRose

Due Dates
    3/28 – Neekierose (#2) [:girl:]
    4/1 – Boopers [:girl:], Astro Bee
    4/3 – As Time Goes By
    4/5 – ineebee [:boy:]
    4/6 – Lulu22 [:boy:]
    4/7 – Pawprints
    4/8 – Dancingbee, Brownie, anonysquire (#2)
    4/9 – SunshineMcC [:boy:] , loki
    4/10 – Windswept
    4/11 – Marionberry (#2, TWINS), BCHossley
    4/15 – Mrs.Pinecone316
    4/16 – Banana330
    4/18 – MeredithNYC
    4/19 – Lilyofthewest
    4/21 – Rockies11 (#2)
    4/23- Mrs. Sunshine (#2) [:girl:]
    4/24 – Jenn23 (#2)
    4/30 – Delight (#2)

14. Astro Bee

pear / 1503 posts

@Mrs. Sunshine @Loki: I notice the flutter kicks (hey, maybe I have an Olympic swimmer in there!) mostly when I'm lying on my back. And usually in the evening. Baby's a night owl like mommy! Although today at work a co-worker was talking to me, and baby starting moving. I had to actively try to pay attention to him, when all I wanted to do was see if I could feel baby with my hand!

Also, is anyone still sleeping on their backs? I'm a half-back, half-side sleeper, and find myself changing position at night. But I usually start on my back, cause it's most comfortable. Even at 19 weeks I'm still fairly small, so I think it's okay. We're going on a babymoon next week, and I wasn't able to get a doctor's appt before we go. Otherwise, I'd ask my doc.

Has anyone's doctor mentioned 2nd tri sleeping positions to them? Second time moms?

15. Mrs. Sunshine

hostess / cantaloupe / 6486 posts

@Astro Bee: I got a bunch of flutters (like 2 minutes worth!) directly after dinner tonight. She must have liked what we had right now I usually have to be pretty still to notice any movement but she's definitely getting stronger in there! As far as sleeping positions go, I've always been told that as long as it feels comfortable it's probably fine. I'm not really a back sleeper but I slept on my stomach last pregnancy basically until I just couldn't. I think that as long as you aren't feeling pressure or heaviness on any organs or your spine when you lay on your back it's probably okay.

16. Boopers

pear / 1548 posts

@Astro Bee: thanks for updating! I'm actually having a boy, so I'm going to update the list again

Upcoming Appointments
    11/05 - Banana330 (appt)
    11/11 - ineebee (AS), marionberry (appt)
    11/18 - SunshineMcC (AS)
    11/20 - Rockies11 (AS)
    11/24 - Marionberry (AS)
    11/25 - NeekieRose
    Due Dates
    3/28 – Neekierose (#2) [:girl:]
    4/1 – Boopers [:boy:], Astro Bee
    4/3 – As Time Goes By
    4/5 – ineebee [:boy:]
    4/6 – Lulu22 [:boy:]
    4/7 – Pawprints
    4/9 – SunshineMcC [:boy:] , loki
    4/10 – Windswept
    4/15 – Mrs.Pinecone316
    4/16 – Banana330
    4/18 – MeredithNYC
    4/19 – Lilyofthewest
    4/21 – Rockies11 (#2)
    4/23- Mrs. Sunshine (#2) [:girl:]
    4/24 – Jenn23 (#2)
    4/30 – Delight (#2)

17. Boopers

pear / 1548 posts

@Astro Bee: I've always been a side sleeper but have been sleeping on my side and back during pregnancy. I think like other posters said, your body will let you know when it's uncomfortable!

18. Astro Bee

pear / 1503 posts

@Boopers: oops, sorry. I did read that, but then confused it with Neekierose. Honestly, I'm getting so scatter-brained. This is why I had DH book our plane tickets for the babymoon. The way I'm going, we'd end up in Timbuktu!

19. loki

pear / 1787 posts

@Astro Bee: i'm totally a stomach sleeper (i've mentioned it about 100 times in this thread, i'm sorry!) but i'm finding it's not asssss comfortable even though i barely have a bump. so i kind of do a modified belly/side, really awkward thing. i never believed that pregnancy pillows were necessary but i'm finding myself needing to shove something under my hip so i might have to pick one up! i'm just kinda doing whatever i need to do to sleep at this point.

@Astro Bee: ooo i don't remember if i already asked this... but where are you going on your babymoon? and when?! we are going to costa rica in january and i'm so pumped!

20. NeekieRose

persimmon / 1386 posts

@Astro Bee: I slept on my back most of the last pregnancy; it was just the most comfortable. Like @Mrs. Sunshine said, as long as you are comfortable, baby is likely fine. The concern about sleeping on your back is that it can slow blood flow, but I was told that if that is happening I will feel it (light headed maybe? don't remember exactly except that I would feel it).

21. NeekieRose

persimmon / 1386 posts

@loki: I never used a pregnancy pillow but did use a normal pillow between my legs or to hug. You might want to try a spare pillow you have around the house before buying a pregnancy pillow.

22. loki

pear / 1787 posts

@NeekieRose: that's what i've been doing but i feel like i need something bigger... even just a body pillow, if not a pregnancy pillow. for now the regular pillow is okay but i can see me needing something else as i get a belly!

23. Banana330

nectarine / 2317 posts

So my appointment went well today, heartbeat was great and uterus is getting big. I think i might actually be starting to look pregnant but only if you know I am. I just booked my Anatomy scan for next week! My midwife said is was the best time to go, as the baby is not to big or too small.

Upcoming Appointments
    11/11 - ineebee (AS), marionberry (appt), Banana330 (AS)
    11/18 - SunshineMcC (AS)
    11/20 - Rockies11 (AS)
    11/24 - Marionberry (AS)
    11/25 - NeekieRose
    Due Dates
    3/28 – Neekierose (#2)
    4/1 – Boopers , Astro Bee
    4/3 – As Time Goes By
    4/5 – ineebee
    4/6 – Lulu22
    4/7 – Pawprints
    4/9 – SunshineMcC , loki
    4/10 – Windswept
    4/15 – Mrs.Pinecone316
    4/16 – Banana330
    4/18 – MeredithNYC
    4/19 – Lilyofthewest
    4/21 – Rockies11 (#2)
    4/23- Mrs. Sunshine (#2)
    4/24 – Jenn23 (#2)
    4/30 – Delight (#2)

24. SunshineMcC

kiwi / 563 posts

Hi all! Miss you! I've been super busy with work this week, so need to catch up on posts, but wanted to say hello!

25. SunshineMcC

kiwi / 563 posts

@Astro Bee: I'm a back/side sleeper as well - and start out on my side, but end up on my back most of the time, and it's been fine for me - like the others said, I think back is OK as long as you feel OK sleeping that way. Yay for a babymoon! Where to?

@lulu22: so sorry to hear about what you've been going through, but glad all is OK! We have a home doppler and use it about once a week. I, too love the reassurance it gives us!

@NeekieRose:: yay for little girls!

@Boopers: and yay for a little boy!!!!!

@Mrs. Sunshine: @loki: I've been feeling my heartbeat in my belly too! I don't think I've had any movement yet, but just not sure - I still don't know exactly what I'm feeling for, so it's hard to tell. I thought I felt a couple kicks on Friday night, but my sister said that's unlikely and that it'd probably just be the bubbles/fluttering feeling first. I can't wait until we feel something!

26. loki

pear / 1787 posts

@SunshineMcC: we miss you too! busy work weeks make the time pass quickly

question for you guys... i think a while back i mentioned i've been having this sharp/shooting pain in my front left hand side that was worrisome. i finally went to the dr cuz i couldn't take it anymore and it was bothering me. she tested my urine and said it isn't an infection... and sent me for a pelvic exam. they said everything looks fine! so that's good but also... this pain isn't going away... anyone else? what could it be? it really really does not feel muscular at all, it feels way more internal. any thoughts?

27. lilyofthewest

pear / 1697 posts

@loki: I love my pregnancy pillow. I don't need it per say, but it is amazing. I will be very reluctant to give it up post pregnancy, but, I think sweetie will demand to have more of the bed back.

28. lilyofthewest

pear / 1697 posts

@loki: on the left? If it were right or middle I'd suspect gallbladder, but left is a bit more mysterious.

29. loki

pear / 1787 posts

@lilyofthewest: ya it's left! it is really really weird... i feel like it's ovaries or something but they said they looked normal on the ultrasound so whooooo knows. as long as baby is good i can suck it up. and ya i'm worried my DH would not take kindly to the pregnancy pillow... they look huge and we only have a queen haha!

30. marionberry

pomelo / 5041 posts

@loki: I use a king size pillow. It's longer than standard but not as thick as a body pillow. I bought a body pillow but find it really big right now, so am back to using the king size. As far as the pains, there are so many things in pregnancy you'll never understand. I get stabbing pains on occasion near my c-section scar but chalk it up to baby. If your scans and tests look good, I'd just say it must be some weird, non-emergent, pregnancy symptom.
    @SunshineMcC: Hey! I've been super busy this week too. Hard to keep up at times.

31. loki

pear / 1787 posts

@marionberry: haha why am i a 30 year old woman just now learning about all the weird things that happen to your body while pregnant?! they should teach this ish in sex ed!!!! some of the gross stuff might help cut down on teen pregnancies!!! king pillow is a good idea, thanks!

32. marionberry

pomelo / 5041 posts

@loki: HAHA I totally agree. I think every kid in high school should have to not only watch a birth but do things which feel like pregnancy/labor - aka holding your pee until it hurts, not getting solid sleep for weeks at a time, or feeling the stabbing pains of labor. It would certainly help. We took home those crying babies for a night but I think they only work when you take them home for like a week and they wake up way more than one time per night.

33. As Time Goes By

apricot / 346 posts

@loki: no idea what it could be, but I hope it goes away for you

On a lighter note teenagers should have to hear about the uncomfortable feeling of skin stretching and peeing your pants when you sneeze... Definitely a deterrent!

34. SunshineMcC

kiwi / 563 posts

@marionberry: @loki: I bought a pregnancy pillow but feel like it's too big now too! I only use it about half the time, but have heard that as we get bigger, it'll be nice to help sleep!

@As Time Goes By: ah, skin stretching! SO fun, right? This week is the first time I'm really experiencing it and it's so odd - uncomfortable, and just odd feeling! Weird, indeed!

35. As Time Goes By

apricot / 346 posts

@SunshineMcC: the top of my belly button has decided to stretch this week. It's such an odd feeling and I cant tell if I'm going to have a donut shaped stretch mark circling it yet or not! I thought I had more time before stretch marks!

36. loki

pear / 1787 posts

@marionberry: @As Time Goes By: i want to tell them about crusty colostrum nipples and constipation. NOT CUTE. haha.

i haven't felt any skin stretching yet... gotta start oiling up with coconut oil or something.

i made a chalkboard canvas to start tracking my pregnancy/bump in photos. i'll take my first one tonight becuase i have a bit of a belly and we find out the gender tomorrow so i want to do one while it's still a mystery!

37. SunshineMcC

kiwi / 563 posts

@loki: so excited for you to find out the gender!!!!

38. loki

pear / 1787 posts

@SunshineMcC: me too, it is literally all i think about these days!!! i can't wait!!! hopefully baby cooperates. i'll bring some halloween candy to get him/her moving! i'll let you guys know asap. my appt is 9am EST so i will update you before 11 probably

39. NeekieRose

persimmon / 1386 posts

@loki: Yah! Excited to hear the gender and see your bump pic!

40. lulu22

apricot / 306 posts

@As Time Goes By: oh my gosh, the skin stretching is awful for me! Probably doesn't help that I look 6 months but am only 4.5 and yep, I've been getting the belly button stretching.... before I was pregnant I didn't really have a belly button... it was just a tiny little slit... well now it has completely opened up and I'm scared it's going to bust open because there is literally nothing there to stretch out any more and I still have 5 months to go! arrghhh... belly buttons are so weird.

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee