Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

April 2017 moms!

1. bubblegum

pear / 1717 posts

Anyone still throwing up? I haven't in the longest time and last night the baby decided to cause some trouble. And she still hasn't even started kicking or moving yet. No fun.

2. psw27

pomelo / 5220 posts

@bubblegum: Yup, here and there. No fun at all. Did you get too hungry? That's always the cause for me.

3. bubblegum

pear / 1717 posts

@psw27: Poor thing!! It's the worst. I felt like I would be so hungry afterwards but my fear of getting sick again overruled. Have you tired any nausea pops? I'm thinking of making some.

4. psw27

pomelo / 5220 posts

@bubblegum: I haven't. I eat a lot of snacks, mints, ginger tea, ginger chews (gin gins), etc. I am definitely a LOT better but I just started progesterone shots so that might be setting me back! I hope you feel better and it was just a fluke thing!

5. JennyPenny

nectarine / 2460 posts

@bubblegum: @psw27: so sorry you ladies are still throwing up. Stupid hormones!

Does anyone know if they have an anterior placenta, or remember when they found out about it in the past. I started to wonder if that's why I'm not feeling baby movement the same way as my last pregnancy, but I wasn't sure if they'd have told me at the initial or NT ultrasounds.

6. bubblegum

pear / 1717 posts

@psw27: I have heard ginger works miracles. I may try that! I hope it was just a one time thing too. Hopefully you don't get set back that would suck!

7. bubblegum

pear / 1717 posts

@JennyPenny: Thanks love. Hmmm I never about that. I haven't felt the baby move yet either but I figured I was just too early. How far along are you?

8. JennyPenny

nectarine / 2460 posts

@bubblegum: 17 weeks. I felt DS for sure at 15 weeks and could feel tiny tickles. With this one all I've felt are bigger rolling motions and they're quite dull.

9. bubblegum

pear / 1717 posts

@JennyPenny: Okay so we're almost on the same page! I'll be 18 weeks on Wednesday. Lucky you!!! I didn't really feel anything with DS until like 20+ weeks. What did you doctor say about not feeling the same "kicks" for this pregnancy? Anything?

10. lilteacherbee

cantaloupe / 6791 posts

@JennyPenny: I had an anterior placenta with LO1. I can't remember when they told me, but I know with this one, they told me the placenta was posterior at the NT scan. With LO1, I felt him at 17 weeks, but he always measured 2-3 weeks ahead (he was almost 9lbs at 39 weeks).

11. lilteacherbee

cantaloupe / 6791 posts

I'll be 15 weeks Wednesday and I *think* I felt her last night. I'm second guessing myself because even though it's my third and I *should* know what it feels like, I had phantom kicks (aka gas) for months after my boys were born.

12. JennyPenny

nectarine / 2460 posts

@bubblegum: I didn't mention it to them

@lilteacherbee: They told me at NT scan that this LO is measuring a week ahead, whereas DS was always dead-on average. That's what made me think an anterior placenta is even more likely. I know every pregnancy is different, but I would have thought a bigger baby + 2nd time mom meant more movement earlier.

13. psw27

pomelo / 5220 posts

@bubblegum: Ginger is really amazing. I was holding back tears and vomit(TMI?) on a flight recently and popped a gin gin and calmed it right down. I really hope it isn't the shots, but I'll do anything to keep this LO cooking til full term!

@JennyPenny: Thanks, it is what it is.

14. bubblegum

pear / 1717 posts

@psw27: Awwww!! That's horrible!!! Glad to hear I'm not the only one who cries when it happens lol I'll have to try it!! yess keep that baby cooking!

15. Cordie

coffee bean / 39 posts

@JennyPenny: I have an anterior placenta, they found it on my anatomy scan ultrasound at 18 weeks. I was not told at the NT or any other prior ultrasounds. I'm a first time mom, so I can't say for sure, but I've been feeling what feels like movement since around 17 weeks, but maybe I'm wrong. My nurse practitioner says anterior placenta may or may not delay feeling movement.

16. ValentineMommy

pomelo / 5791 posts

@MapleMoose: I'm preeeeeeeetty sure I've started to feel "things" happening the past two nights at bedtime. I'm hoping it really is movement....I'm so excited to feel her little kicks!

@littleblessings: We fb announced it after telling family members. DS1 told most of them, we didn't do anything crazy.

@mrsmacSLP: that's so cute!!!! And I would be SO mad at DH....I've gotten mad at him several times for eating things I was saving already!

@abbydabbydoodlebug: I totally feel you. My second pregnancy was so rough with DS1 running around. This time, I just fall asleep in the middle of doing things, lol!

@JennyPenny: Ugh....I'm not having them yet, but I had them a ton with DS2. They turned into prodromal labor several weeks before I had him, which was nooooot fun at all. I also had anterior placenta with DS2. I found out at some scan I had (it was before the anatomy one, but I didn't have a NT scan, so I'm not sure when it was!). I was told the chance of having it again is higher once you've had one, but I don't know if I have it again this time! I wish I did know though - I didn't feel DS2 until something like 22 weeks because of it. I felt DS1 at 17 weeks.

@bubblegum: @psw27: I'm sorry you guys are still dealing with throwing up!!!

So, I know it's early, but is anyone else nesting?? I don't know what's wrong with me, but the past two weekends, I have been going CRAZY cleaning the house. I cleaned inside the pantry, under all the furniture, cleaned out both boys closets, started hanging baby's clothes....it's exhausting, but I hope it keeps up for a few more weeks until my house is sparkling! lol

17. littleblessings

pear / 1739 posts

@ValentineMommy: I've been cleaning like crazy too although I'm not suppose to do half the stuff I do because of the restrictions that will hopefully be lifted in a week! I went through a ton of boxes in my storage closet and reorganized. That was my biggest disaster area. I'm planning on working on a room a day and deep cleaning each room.

18. ValentineMommy

pomelo / 5791 posts

@littleblessings: Yes!!!! I'm glad I'm not alone....I definitely didn't nest until something like 30w with my other 2, and the spurt didn't last long lol!

19. bubblegum

pear / 1717 posts

@ValentineMommy: Thanks love. And you are not alone with the nesting! I've been the same way for the past two weekends!!

20. lilteacherbee

cantaloupe / 6791 posts

@ValentineMommy: Yep! I've been sorting through my boys' clothes getting ready to sell/get rid of them. There's TONS!! My youngest is 15 months, so everything newborn-12 months has gotta go (because of course, there's already clothes piling up for little miss ) And then I find myself getting emotional over the tiny boy clothes...

21. psw27

pomelo / 5220 posts

@ValentineMommy: Yes on the nesting! I have cleaned out the pantry, reorganized our tupperware, done every bit of laundry, touched up paint, etc. It is taking a lot of will power not to pull out the bins of baby clothes and wash and organize them - but I really need to wait until after the holidays. I have guests from now until Thanksgiving and need to focus on Christmas after that!

22. ValentineMommy

pomelo / 5791 posts

@bubblegum: @psw27: Whew! I thought I was the only crazy one! I just went through my planner and planned out our weekend schedule for moving the boys into one room through the rest of the year! We're doing it in phases, so it's not a huge shock at the end (moving the dresser one weekend, closet another, the bed last, etc)

@psw27: I cleaned out the pantry too!!! Lol

23. bubblegum

pear / 1717 posts

@ValentineMommy: Not at all!!! You go girl!! Good for you. I haven't done any of the rooms changes I'm suppose to. I should totally follow your lead though.

24. psw27

pomelo / 5220 posts

@ValentineMommy: It was amazing to me how happy I felt after it was super, duper neat and all the random old stuff was purged! DH came home and was like woah! I have a longggg list of things I want to accomplish and I get nothing done on weekdays so the weekends will be intense from here on out!

Definitely feeling movement this morning! Just shy of 17 weeks and I'm feeling the thuds after I ate a bagel.

25. JennyPenny

nectarine / 2460 posts

@ValentineMommy: I'm nesting but unfortunately its only in my head. I have long lists of things I want to organize, clean, build, etc. but I've been struggling to kick this awful cold for weeks and just do not have any energy. I was hoping to have DS in his new big boy room by Christmas. It'd take a miracle for that to happen now.

Pregnancy pillows: got one, love one, need one? I am starting to struggle to get comfy at night. I didn't buy a pregnancy pillow with my first because it seemed like an unnecessary extravagance - but facing down 5 more months of uncomfortable sleep seems worth it to shell out the $$. I've been eyeing this one cause I liked how it folds up for an elevated back lying. https://www.amazon.com/dp/B006I18XA4/ref=wl_it_dp_o_pC_S_ttl?_encoding=UTF8&colid=2OCD5MABLZ2RH&coliid=IPWT0MIYIXT19&psc=1

26. ValentineMommy

pomelo / 5791 posts

@bubblegum: I'm actually glad it's happening now, cause I never had any energy in the third trimester!

@psw27: Oh same here....weekdays are totally useless lol!

@JennyPenny: Are you re-doing a whole room for his big boy room? Ours isn't TOO much work, it's really just reorganizing and moving furniture across the hall. I'm planning on completing the transition the weekend of New Years. Then we start the work on the nursery!!!!!

27. ValentineMommy

pomelo / 5791 posts

@JennyPenny: Forgot to add.....I have a snoogle. I used and loved it so much, that I got a new one for my second pregnancy (the first one was totally spent/squished beyond repair). This time, I started using it already a few weeks ago. I've been having a lot of weird pelvic pain and the pillow really helps. I'm praying it's not SPD or whatever it's called....cause it really hurts!

28. JennyPenny

nectarine / 2460 posts

@ValentineMommy: Yep, redoing a room. It's currently my office, so its actually a 2-step redo. I have to set up a space downstairs to be my office and clear everything out before I can even start making it a big boy room. But we're keeping the nursery the same, so that's easy at least.

I'm so torn about the snoogle, cause I feel like it often goes on sale, but I've seen so many mixed reviews.

29. bubblegum

pear / 1717 posts

@ValentineMommy: Yes! You go girl! You'll have to let us know when it's all done.

30. yellowbeach

nectarine / 2648 posts

Wondering what everyone else is doing to celebrate the 1/2 way point? Mine is tomorrow. Looking for something cute to post on Facebook maybe. Anatomy scan is Thursday.

31. JennyPenny

nectarine / 2460 posts

@yellowbeach: I have no plans myself, but if you plan to announce the gender on Facebook you could do some sort of gender reveal teaser pic. And then the next day do the actual reveal using the same set up/items.

32. ValentineMommy

pomelo / 5791 posts

@JennyPenny: I'd be all up on a list of what I need to do for your new office and big boy room!! (Im an interior designer, so I should note that I love redoing rooms!) and fwiw, the snoogle is totally worth it in my opinion, especially if you're uncomfortable at night.

@bubblegum: of course I will!!

@yellowbeach: no plans for us for the halfway point, other than officially starting on the nursery!

33. MapleMoose

grapefruit / 4213 posts

@ValentineMommy: So exciting! Today I had a cup of juice and the sugar set little baby off, so many kicks!

@JennyPenny: I don't have any experience with an anterior placenta. But I did feel movement at different weeks for all my pregnancies. #1 was week 18, #2 was 20 weeks, and #3 was 17 weeks. They've told me this whole pregnancy that #3 is measuring big so that's probably why I felt movement sooner. And #2 is super petite so I didn't feel movement until much later. Just something to think about.

34. JennyPenny

nectarine / 2460 posts

@ValentineMommy: Ah-ha! That explains your super swanky nursery designs and swoon worthy molding

@MapleMoose: Interesting. I feel like everyone says they feel the 2nd sooner so that's what I was finding really odd. I guess I'll just see at the anatomy scan...

35. ValentineMommy

pomelo / 5791 posts

@MapleMoose: Ahh! I love it! Last night I swear I felt a big "thump" in my belly! I am so excited for the constant movement!

@JennyPenny: Lol, thank you!

36. ValentineMommy

pomelo / 5791 posts

Also, I'm eating potato chips at 10:30am....because I needed a snack and there was nothing else in arms reach.

37. JennyPenny

nectarine / 2460 posts

@ValentineMommy: My late night snacking has been out of control. I have no will power. Nachos, cereal, waffles have all been devoured at inappropriate hours this week...

ETA: just realized your post said AM not PM. Oh well, I'm still a snacking machine.

38. ValentineMommy

pomelo / 5791 posts

@JennyPenny: I made DH go out and get me a milkshake at 10pm last night. He was not thrilled! My heartburn has started (I had awful heartburn with DS1) and milkshakes are the only thing that help! And yea....I totally scarfed a bunch of potato chips this morning lol! Oh well!

39. lilteacherbee

cantaloupe / 6791 posts

@JennyPenny: @ValentineMommy: Defintely ordered pizza a few nights ago at 10pm

40. MapleMoose

grapefruit / 4213 posts

I'm totally part of the snack club. 9:30am is a fine time for Cheez-Its. No shame.

Had the anatomy ultrasound today! Baby is healthy and constantly moving. My 3 year old DD was so curious about the whole process but my 1 year old DD was more interested in her sticker book, lol. We had the tech write down the gender and seal it in an envelope without telling us. On the way home we stopped at the local bakery to order our gender reveal cake for Thanksgiving. So excited!

I have placenta previa and am now on pelvic rest. I will get an extra ultrasound around 30-32 weeks. If it doesn't correct itself then I'll require a c-section. Anyone have any experience with this?

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee