Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

April 2017 moms!

1. JennyPenny

nectarine / 2460 posts

@yellowbeach: @mrsmacSLP: I'm sorry you guys received stressful news. All my fingers crossed that everything turns out find and you get good answers soon.

Today I felt a few kicks on the outside! Nothing I would even try to get DH to feel, but I'm excited. Otherwise I think I've got a weird bug. I feel strangely weak today and the side effect is I feel closer to 9 months pregnant. I could barely get up after bending down or sitting in a sinky chair. Hopefully it passes soon.

2. littleblessings

pear / 1739 posts

My ultrasound is in 24 hours. Cue freak out! Lol!

3. MissLace

apricot / 311 posts

UPDATE! had my ultrasound today and Baby #2 is officially a BOY! : )

4. mrsmacSLP

apricot / 308 posts

@MissLace: yay! I can't wait until Thursday to know what we're having!

Update on our ultrasound: right now I'm going to continue care under midwives. They have referred me to a high risk ultrasound place to determine whose care I would best fit under but it's not as difficult as what the radiologist made it out to be.

I have a bilobed placenta (basically two) with one baby. Biggest issue is that there is blood flow happening between the two but women have had natural deliveries even with this issue. The second issue being the umbilical cord is close to where my cervix would open (3mm) but often move as baby grows. I will have more monitoring as we grow and the high risk radiologist may deem is safer to go with an OB or csection as we get closer.

I didn't have an idea of a perfect birth to start with (healthy and happy family in the end is all I cared about) so I'm not upset if they decide csection. But I am happy I get to continue with my midwife group with other women due at the same time!

5. littleblessings

pear / 1739 posts

@mrsmacSLP: I'm happy it's not as severe as first made to be!

So my little wiggle worm is already trying to kick my ribs. My uterus isn't even high enough to reach. I think this one is going to be a trouble maker. Lol

6. yellowbeach

nectarine / 2648 posts

Oh god - I officially have CANKLES!!

7. ValentineMommy

pomelo / 5791 posts

@yellowbeach: So beautiful!! For what it's worth, both my sons had minor "issues" seen in their 20 weeks scans. One they thought had something wrong with his heart and the other they saw something in the digestive system, though I can't for the life of me remember what it was. Both of the things they saw had resolved by the next scan I had. Hopefully that's a possibility, and if not, prayers that it's something minor.

@mrsmacSLP: how scary! I'm so sorry you're going through this, and hope the situation resolves itself!!!

@MissLace: YAY congrats!!!!!!

@littleblessings: how much longer till the u/s?!?

8. lilteacherbee

cantaloupe / 6791 posts

@littleblessings: Can't wait to hear what you're having!

@MissLace: congrats, so excited for you!!

@mrsmacSLP: I'm glad you can stay with your midwives for now and it's looking a little better than first expected!

I had a regular OB appointment yesterday and I forgot how quick/boring they are for awhile. I had to wait 55 minutes for a 3 minute appointment, but I wasn't even upset because I considered it my "me time" (hey, I'll take what I can get!) 😂

9. littleblessings

pear / 1739 posts

@ValentineMommy: approximately an hour until the ultrasound.

@lilteacherbee: thank you. I can't wait either!

So far SO won't be able to make it to the ultrasound. He had to leave town last night and he doesn't think he will make it back in time.

10. JennyPenny

nectarine / 2460 posts

@MissLace: Yay!!

@mrsmacSLP: Whew, that sounds like a relief!

@yellowbeach: Yikes! So early! I feel like a beached whale already but I'm not even that big yet. It must just be really terrible abs.

@littleblessings: Oh no! I'm bummed for you that SO can't make it. I hope its still a nice appointment. So soon!!

11. mrswilson2012

grape / 93 posts

We had our ultrasound yesterday and it's a GIRL! We are SO over the moon excited!

12. JennyPenny

nectarine / 2460 posts

I know we're going to have a lot more updates soon, but I figured we could see some new stats:

April 2017 Mamas

April 2: mrsmacSLP (#1) - 21w2d
    April 5: yellowbeach (#1 ) - 20w6d
    April 7: Cordie (#1 ) - 20w4d
    April 10: mrswilson2012 (#1 ) - 20w1d
    April 13: PeaceLily (#1) - 19w5d
    April 13: Megatherium (#2) - 19w5d
    April 15: MapleMoose (#3) - 19w3d
    April 17: littleblessings (#3 ) - 19w1d
    April 18: MOMTOLITTLEB (#2 ) - 19w0d
    April 19: bubblegum (#2 ) - 18w6d
    April 21: JennyPenny (#2) - 18w4d
    April 22: MissLace (#2 ) - 18w3d
    April 24: Trimama (#2) - 18w1d
    April 25: betsyr25 (#2) - 18w0d
    April 26: psw27 (#2 ) - 17w6d
    April 26: ValentineMommy (#3 ) - 17w6d
    April 27: abbydabbydoodlebug (#2) - 17w5d
    April 28: justjules (#2) - 17w4d
    May 10: lilteacherbee (#3 ) - 15w6d

: 6 : 3 : 1

13. JennyPenny

nectarine / 2460 posts

@mrswilson2012: Congratulations!

I know we've talked about this before - but I just noticed again, how all our first time mamas are at the beginning of the month

14. ValentineMommy

pomelo / 5791 posts

@mrswilson2012: Congrats!!!!

@littleblessings: How did it go?!?

15. littleblessings

pear / 1739 posts

@ValentineMommy: we are having a healthy GIRL

16. JennyPenny

nectarine / 2460 posts

@littleblessings: Congratulations!

17. JennyPenny

nectarine / 2460 posts

So far we're very heavy on girls. I have a feeling I'm carrying a girl this time around but we'll see...

18. littleblessings

pear / 1739 posts

@JennyPenny: it was a great appointment! She was being really stubborn though. Lol. Thank you

I go back for another ultrasound around Christmas because she wouldn't cooperate

19. lilteacherbee

cantaloupe / 6791 posts

@littleblessings: Yay, congratulations!!

20. littleblessings

pear / 1739 posts

@lilteacherbee: thank you!!!!

21. psw27

pomelo / 5220 posts

@mrsmacSLP: that seems like really good news - I briefly Dr. Googled it and it looks like a lot of people go on to have totally normal, average deliveries, etc. I hope that's the case for you!

@littleblessings: Congrats on the healthy little girl!

@MissLace: Congrats on the little guy! Woohoo!

So funny we are more heavily girls in this group because in "real life" my friends have had 1 girl out of about 20 boys! It is getting to be a running joke that no one has girls anymore!

22. psw27

pomelo / 5220 posts

@yellowbeach: oh no! You are on your feet a lot for work aren't you? Have you tried compression sleeves? I wear them for running (wore... running is in the past for now. ouch my bladder!) and they help!

23. littleblessings

pear / 1739 posts

@psw27: thank you. In real life everyone I know for the last almost year has had boys. On December 18th it'll be a year since someone I've known has had a girl.

24. JennyPenny

nectarine / 2460 posts

@psw27: @littleblessings: It's funny, in 2013-15 everyone in my circle had boys, including me. However, starting in 2016 (and due dates in 2017) its been all girls. Maybe that's part of why I think this one's going to be a girl.

25. littleblessings

pear / 1739 posts

@JennyPenny: that might be why. Lol. I was pretty convinced when I did all the old wives tales for fun and all the results said girl.

26. JennyPenny

nectarine / 2460 posts

Finally figured out a FB announcement. Gonna post this on Thanksgiving - and of course I just discovered a "typo". Oh well at least I found it here first...

27. yellowbeach

nectarine / 2648 posts

@JennyPenny: too cute! What a creative idea. I'm sure it will be well received.

28. ValentineMommy

pomelo / 5791 posts

@littleblessings: congrats!!!!!!

@JennyPenny: cute!!!!

Anyone else STILL not feeling movement? I'm 18 weeks today and maybe felt a flutter or two? Since this is my third, I was sure I'd be feeling more by now. I'm assuming I have anterior placenta again (had it with ds2), but I guess I'll find out next week at the anatomy scan. It's making me nervous that I can't feel her yet!

29. MOMTOLITTLEB

persimmon / 1188 posts

@JennyPenny: Really sweet announcement!

Congratulations to everyone finding out their baby's gender, that was such a special moment for me in my first pregnancy. It really helped me connect. We could still change our minds before next week but I think we're sticking with the surprise this time!

30. lilteacherbee

cantaloupe / 6791 posts

@JennyPenny: That's adorable!! Love it!

@ValentineMommy: I've been feeling flutters for a couple weeks, but just in the past few days I've felt confident enough to know it's really baby. I'm 16 weeks with my third, but I know I have a posterior placenta. I bet those flutters you're feeling will turn into more obvious movements pretty soon!

31. abbydabbydoodlebug

nectarine / 2636 posts

@JennyPenny: cute announcement!

This past weekend, I was at my in laws house and we did the ring/hair game to see what I'm having. It told me girl first (DD), then boy, then it stopped! My SIL always gets the same results with 3 kids, but she's adamant that she's having just 2! Lol. We're also "supposed"to have a boy because almost all of my DH's boy cousins have girls first then boys, so we'll see! It would totally freak me out if we were having a boy!

32. psw27

pomelo / 5220 posts

@ValentineMommy: So I thought I was feeling movement, but now I haven't been feeling it as consistently and admittedly, it is making me super nervous. I have an ultrasound on the 30th so I guess I'll see if he's still flipping around in there. Maybe my belly has just grown and he has more space now? Pregnancy is so stressful sometimes!

@JennyPenny: that is so cute! I should come up with something.... eventually. haha. My pregnancy announcement will be my birth announcement!

33. psw27

pomelo / 5220 posts

@abbydabbydoodlebug: oooh I wonder if it's right! I should try the hair test...

34. littleblessings

pear / 1739 posts

@JennyPenny: that is super cute!
    @abbydabbydoodlebug: @psw27: that test has been correct for me so far! Even with this pregnancy.

35. lilteacherbee

cantaloupe / 6791 posts

@abbydabbydoodlebug: I did the hair/ring test the week we were waiting for our genetic testing results. It said boy, boy, girl, girl. We have two boys and this one is a girl, but we're stopping after this!

36. abbydabbydoodlebug

nectarine / 2636 posts

@littleblessings: @lilteacherbee: so crazy how accurate it is!

@psw27: do it! It's really fun.

37. bubblegum

pear / 1717 posts

@ValentineMommy: YES! I'm with you. I first my first flutter last night but other than that, nothing. This is my second! I'm 19 weeks today. This little girl is stubborn.

38. bubblegum

pear / 1717 posts

I see lots a pink!! Congrats to everyone finding out the gender of their babes. I'm a mom boy and they're amazing but now I get to be a mom of both. Very exciting.

39. JennyPenny

nectarine / 2460 posts

@MapleMoose: @mrsmacSLP: How did your Thanksgiving reveals go!?

40. mrsmacSLP

apricot / 308 posts

We're having a BOY!!!!! My hubby was SHOCKED his face in the photos was so funny. We're both beyond thrilled.

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee