Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

April 2017 moms!

1. bubblegum

pear / 1717 posts

@psw27: Thinking of you during this time and hoping it is harmless and resolvable.

2. psw27

pomelo / 5220 posts

@bubblegum: Thank you. My office is blasting Christmas music and my son's daycare had his holiday festival and I couldn't be in a more bah humbug mood.

3. bubblegum

pear / 1717 posts

@psw27: I can only imagine. I wish you didn't have to wait so long for some answers. Hopefully the days zoom by

4. lilteacherbee

cantaloupe / 6791 posts

@psw27: I'm sorry, I'm sure that's so stressful. Did you do one of the NIPT genetic tests? FWIW, mine only took 6 calendar days, so hopefully you won't be waiting long. Hang in there

5. ValentineMommy

pomelo / 5791 posts

@psw27: I'm so sorry - that's super stressful. For whatever it's worth, both my boys had random things that weren't "perfect" in their anatomy scans. One they saw something in his heart, and the other was his kidney or liver? Either way, they both turned out to be nothing and they're fine. Hopefully the same happens for you. Hugs and prayers.

6. MissLace

apricot / 311 posts

@psw27: My DD (now 15 months old) had that exact same diagnosis at my anatomy scan and it scared the crap out of us, but it turned out to be nothing. Our Dr even said, "some Drs may not even bring it up because it will likely resolve on its own, but i wanted to inform you just in case the question comes up later." I had the bloodwork done too and it all came back normal. Try not to stress out too much and hopefully it resolves on its own.

P.S. did you have the NT scan bloodwork done around 12 weeks that also detects some of those chromosome abnormalities? Did that come back normal?

7. psw27

pomelo / 5220 posts

@lilteacherbee: Thank you! @ValentineMommy: Thanks, that does make me feel better. I know that sometimes this extra technology of super intense ultrasounds is a blessing and curse. Some physicians are actually saying that CP cysts should no longer be considered a marker for trismony because they are so common. I just have to hope we are in those statistics.

@MissLace: This story is super comforting to me, thank you so much! I did have the initial screen and my odds came back as <1 in 10,000 (which I believe is the "best" odds they give, since they never give you a 0).

8. JennyPenny

nectarine / 2460 posts

@psw27: I'm sorry about your news and that you have to wait for answers. Thankfully it sounds like good news is the most likely news.

9. JennyPenny

nectarine / 2460 posts

I had my anatomy scan today. There was a small defect on the kidney that they said is really common and not to worry, but they want me to go have it checked out on the high-res ultrasound. I'm strangely actually not worried about and just happy we get to see our little boy again! That's right, my intuition and the ring test were wrong for me, LO2 is another boy!!

10. psw27

pomelo / 5220 posts

@JennyPenny: Thank you! I'm sorry you had a little blip on your ultrasound too - although it sounds like they aren't overly concerned! These high tech ultrasounds are such a blessing and a curse! And congrats on baby boy #2!!

11. lilteacherbee

cantaloupe / 6791 posts

So I had my anatomy scan this morning and it was mostly good, but there was a small blip on ours as well. One of her kidneys is slightly enlarged, but the MFM doctor stressed that a vast majority of the time, everything is perfectly fine. I have growth scans every 6 weeks anyway and he said usually by 30 or so weeks, the issue is resolved. So, like @JennyPenny: I'm actually not too concerned (even though I'm a naturally anxious person!). I'm already being seen by MFM and have been seeing them throughout my pregnancies, so I trust them when they say it's not a big deal.

Oh, and she's definitely still a girl

@JennyPenny: Congrats on your little man

12. ValentineMommy

pomelo / 5791 posts

@JennyPenny: congrats on your !!!

13. ValentineMommy

pomelo / 5791 posts

We had our anatomy scan yesterday, and confirmed the DNA test, she's all girl! I go back next week to do a detailed 3D of her face. I'm super excited about that because we didn't get a good look during the scan - she was moving all over the place! I was also shocked to hear that I don't have anterior placenta this time! I have no idea why I didn't feel her for so long!

Here's our long legged princess!!

14. littleblessings

pear / 1739 posts

@ValentineMommy: that is an awesome profile of the entire body. My little girl is a squirmer and I couldn't really get any good pictures. I go back in January for another ultrasound. They are hoping she won't have much room to squirm a lot at that point so they can get the pictures they need.

15. JennyPenny

nectarine / 2460 posts

@lilteacherbee: I wonder if we have the same thing with our LOs kidneys. Honestly I don't remember exactly what she said just the not to worry part. Thankfully it means I don't even have an idea what to google My follow up was scheduled for Thursday so I hope to have more answers soon.

@ValentineMommy: Wow, look at those long legs! Awesome pic!

@littleblessings: We didn't get many good pics from our anatomy scan either. LO had his face buried in the placenta for most of it. The tech felt a bit bad I think so she switched to a 4d ultrasound so we could at least see something. I'll have to upload one of those when I can

16. lilteacherbee

cantaloupe / 6791 posts

@JennyPenny: Yeah, I wonder too! I feel like he said it was an area of the kidney that was enlarged and not the kidney itself? Anyway, the measurement is apparently supposed to be below 4 and hers was 4.1, so not way off. He did stress that the amniotic fluid/bladder/etc were all perfect, so it seems that the kidneys are working the way they're supposed to. I have a blood antibody that can affect growth and lead to fluid on organs if the levels are high, but in all my pregnancies, it's never been an isssue (I have them check my antibody levels every month and they've always been super, super low). I'm trying to take the same approach as I do with that- they're just checking to be safe and there's a huge chance everything will be fine!

@ValentineMommy: Such a good picture!! Glad we both got confirmation

Here's a face profile of Annabelle (they switched to 4d for a bit, but she still looks slightly creepy at 17 weeks in those ha!)

17. littleblessings

pear / 1739 posts

@JennyPenny: little miss was so darn wiggly that they couldn't get half the pictures that they needed on top of blurry pictures for me. Hopefully she settles down before too long. I swear she never sleeps. She's kicking like crazy all day and all night.

18. JennyPenny

nectarine / 2460 posts

Here's my little guy. You can see he's face down in the regular ultrasound and then in 3D you can see him snuggled up on the placenta. It was so funny to watch him trying to bury his face to get comfy.

19. littleblessings

pear / 1739 posts

Is anybody else finding themselves super uncomfortable?

20. JennyPenny

nectarine / 2460 posts

@littleblessings: most of the time I feel good. I do feel uncomfortable sometimes when playing on the floor with DS though. He asks me to move around and do things that the belly makes pretty uncomfortable.

21. littleblessings

pear / 1739 posts

@JennyPenny: I'm mostly super uncomfortable at bed time. I toss and turn all night long and I can now feel when baby girl stretches her entire body out.

22. ValentineMommy

pomelo / 5791 posts

@littleblessings: She was super squirmy at the beginning of the u/s! She started out breech, did two somersaults, and then spun around when they were looking at her brain! Our tech was really good though - she managed to get some great shots even though she was dancing around! I have moments where I feel fine, and moments when I feel awful nowadays. If I walk around a bit or am cleaning, I've been getting a lot of hip pain. Feels like I'm splitting in half. It goes away with a lot of rest. Other than that, I'm still sleeping pretty well, thankfully.

@JennyPenny: I'm hoping she's nice and tall like her brothers! Both of them were over 21" long (and I was 22" at birth)! I make big people Your little man is so cute!

@lilteacherbee: The confirmation made it so much more real!!!!! Annabelle looks so sweet!

23. psw27

pomelo / 5220 posts

@lilteacherbee: I'm sorry about your scan having a blip on it! Sounds like they aren't too worried, so I would trust them! Great US profile pic! (and love her name!) I got a 4D pic and also thought it was a little creepy haha - he had his mouth open and looked kind of like the screamer! Eek!

@ValentineMommy: That's a long legged girl! So cute!

@JennyPenny: haha love the placenta snuggles! He really wanted a nap!

@littleblessings: Yeah, I am having a really hard time bending over to do stuff (tie shoes) and also when my DS wants me to play on the floor. Getting up is not comfortable. I don't even feel like I"m showing "that" much yet. It's going to be a long winter of putting on snow boots!

24. littleblessings

pear / 1739 posts

I've started washing baby girl clothes today to get set for little miss. I can hardly believe that in less than 19 weeks I'll be holding my littlest girl!

25. lilteacherbee

cantaloupe / 6791 posts

@psw27: @ValentineMommy: Thank you!!

@littleblessings: My sister, mom, and MIL have all started shopping already, so today I sorted all the tiny clothes by size. Now I need to get rid of the insane amount of baby boy clothes I've accumulated so I have room for her stuff!

26. littleblessings

pear / 1739 posts

@lilteacherbee: I have all my children's clothes on Rubbermaid containers. I've only gotten rid of very few things.

I have a free pizza and movie rental calling my name. Probably the only good things about birthdays. Lol

27. ValentineMommy

pomelo / 5791 posts

@lilteacherbee: OMG, you and me both. After hanging out with friends who had 2 girls this past weekend (so 4 kids total in my house)....I'm 99% sure we are done at 3 kids now I really have to start going through all the boys clothes, but I'm super sentimental and going to have a really hard time getting rid of stuff!

@littleblessings: It was your birthday? Happy birthday, mama!!!

28. ValentineMommy

pomelo / 5791 posts

Is anyone else just really.....antsy? I know we are halfway through right now, but I just want it to get moving further! Last night I felt like I wanted to jump out of my skin!

29. lilteacherbee

cantaloupe / 6791 posts

@ValentineMommy: Yesss! I taught pre-k for 5 years, so 3 is definitely my limit! 18 four/five year olds made me realize that very quickly

And I know! It's been going by pretty fast until the last couple of weeks. I waffle between getting antsy and then freaking out again because I'm about to have 3 kids haha!

30. JennyPenny

nectarine / 2460 posts

@ValentineMommy: I feel antsy on occasion. 4.5 months seems like quite a long time to keep getting bigger. I'm ready to stop with that now. But on the other hand, I am so far from prepped for this baby. Really I only have 2 goals: 1) big boy room for DS and 2) potty train DS. Right now I'm batting 0/2 so I'm glad to have the time

31. ValentineMommy

pomelo / 5791 posts

@lilteacherbee: Lol, same! I think once the holidays are over and we can get moving on the nursery, I will feel a bit better. I hope.

32. psw27

pomelo / 5220 posts

@littleblessings: happy birthday!

@ValentineMommy: @lilteacherbee: @JennyPenny: I only feel antsy when I think of how I haven't done anything. The clothes are all in rubber maid bins in storage still... and we haven't decided anything for long term bedroom decisions either. I think if I just pull the clothes, bassinet and pack n play out of storage I will feel better. But I am making myself wait until after Christmas! One thing at a time...

33. ValentineMommy

pomelo / 5791 posts

@psw27: Christmas definitely has to happen first. I have no idea where everything is going to go!!

Our crib arrived last night and I SO want to open it, but DS1's room is nowhere near being cleared out for her stuff. Right now we have piles of her stuff all over my office. I want to get moving on the nursery so badly!

34. JennyPenny

nectarine / 2460 posts

Whew - I've been fighting this awful bronchitis for over a month now and just felt up to trying to work out again yesterday. And I am soooo sore. I really wanted to stay fit this pregnancy because I didn't with my first but his month off has set me back for sure. *fingers crossed* I can keep it up from here on out. Anyone else trying to exercise regularly? What types of exercise are you doing?

35. psw27

pomelo / 5220 posts

@JennyPenny: working out has been hardddd. I have been going to yoga 2-3 days a week but my teachers give me no mercy cause I'm pregnant (they both know me well.) I was going to spin for a while but the morning sickness really kicked my butt so I didn't have the energy. I might try again tomorrow. But I also commute on foot every day and that's about 4.5 miles roundtrip so sometimes that is enough exercise. It is definitely tiring to work out these days!

36. ValentineMommy

pomelo / 5791 posts

@JennyPenny: Being awake is enough exercise I have the energy for. Sad, but true. I have no idea where to find time to exercise, between working full time and the two kids already at home! The only time I would have would be after bedtime, and there's no way I could muster the energy then! Glad you're feeling better!!!!

37. ValentineMommy

pomelo / 5791 posts

OMG every day heartburn has kicked in. It's the worst and by the end of the day makes me feel sick! Anyone else?

38. lilteacherbee

cantaloupe / 6791 posts

@ValentineMommy: Haha yeah, same here with the exercise. My toddler is in a super clingy stage, so I spend all day running between him and the 3 year old (who inevitably is causing mayhem somewhere). By 8pm, I'm so exhausted I just wanna park myself on the couch for a couple hours! I'm telling myself that after she's born, I'll get back into working out regularly.

39. ValentineMommy

pomelo / 5791 posts

@lilteacherbee: I try to tell myself that too. It will most likely not happen until......I'd guess close to 6m pp.

40. JennyPenny

nectarine / 2460 posts

I'm in the waiting room for my follow up on baby boy's kidneys. This is the place that made me wait an hour with a full bladder last time. So far I've been waiting 15 minutes. Really hope this goes quicker than last time! Especially since I was really good about worrying up until now, but the wait is just giving me time to think...and worry...

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee