Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

April 2017 moms!

1. MapleMoose

grapefruit / 4213 posts

@bubblegum: I'm not sure if DH and I necessarily have a style we prefer. I suppose we lean towards Irish/Celtic-ish boy names though certainly not restricting ourselves to just that genre. Some of the names DH and I have been throwing back and forth are (in no particular order) Brady, Christopher, Liam, Kearney, Landon, Connor, Grayson, Killian, Jackson, Jameson, Noah. We have a monosyllabic last name. Girls names were so much easier for us!

@JennyPenny: HAH! That's very...creative...

2. littleblessings

pear / 1739 posts

So I haven't been on here in a while. I've had lots of stress and most recently illness. Between prepping for Nova's arrival and waiting for SO's moms biopsy results we've been a mess. To top it all off I've been in and out of the hospital the later two days for a migraine that was spiraling out of control. I'm feeling loads better after this last visit. It's super snowy here. We are on Day 2 of snow days which the timing has been perfect. With me being in the hospital DD came down with a bug and was sick today. Hoping that the snow day tomorrow gives her the time she needs to feel better.

Is anybody using a bassinet?

I saw people listing off names so I'll throw ours out there. We have Nova Jade for LO3s name. LO1 is Scarlett Rayne and LO2 is Hunter James.

3. ValentineMommy

pomelo / 5791 posts

@JennyPenny: Khaki peas?!? Lol!!! DS1 nicknamed DS2 Chip (as in, potato chip). The nickname has totally stuck and we still call Gideon "Chip" at a year and a half old lol!

@MapleMoose: try calling the baby each of those names for a few days to see how it "feels". That's what we did with both boys to see what felt right!

@littleblessings: Yikes! So sorry you weren't feeling well, but glad you're on the mend! DS1 was sick a few weeks ago....and man it was tough with being pregnant and having another toddler around! We used the bassinest with DS2 and will be reusing it with DD. We loved it - it was great for having after my csection.

4. MapleMoose

grapefruit / 4213 posts

@littleblessings: Yikes, when it rains it pours. I hope you and your LO feel better and can enjoy the snow day. We use a rock-n-play next to our bed for the first few months then transition to the crib in the nursery around 4 months.

@ValentineMommy: Good idea! Thanks! I also think about nicknames too, but nothing as cool as khaki peas or chip, lol!

5. bubblegum

pear / 1717 posts

@MapleMoose: Killian!!! SO CUTE!!! I love that

6. lilteacherbee

cantaloupe / 6791 posts

@littleblessings: Yikes! Hope you both feel better soon. I'm jealous of everyone's snow days- it never really snows here (maybe once a year and then it's less than 2 inches ). We have a rock n play in our room for the first 4-5 months. With my boys, I then transitioned them to the crib but it was still in our room until 12ish months. I'm thinking about keeping her crib in her room, but I guess that depends on how great of a sleeper she is because her room will be right next to her brothers' room. One of my boys STTN at 3 months and the other woke up 3-4 times a night until 13 months, so who knows.

7. ValentineMommy

pomelo / 5791 posts

@lilteacherbee: Do your boys share a room? I only ask cause this is what we're going to be doing. They're moving into one bedroom at the end of the month, and I am SCARED of how it's going to effect their sleep.

8. lilteacherbee

cantaloupe / 6791 posts

@ValentineMommy: Yep! We just moved them in October. I was nervous, too, but it really hasn't been bad. The only issue is that my 3 year old has been waking up once or twice at night screaming (night terrors?) and sometimes it wakes his brother up. Most of the time, they both go back to sleep fairly easily. It's actually kinda nice in the mornings because they'll talk to each other for awhile before yelling for me

9. psw27

pomelo / 5220 posts

@littleblessings: I'm so sorry about all the stress and illness! I hope you are all feeling a bit better and get good news about your mama.

As for bassinets, we will be using the same one we used with our LO that came with our Uppababy stroller. We have the stand. I'm not sure how long he will be in it, we will probably switch to the pack n play at some point until we put him in "his" room wherever that may be!

10. psw27

pomelo / 5220 posts

My doctor just called - my NIPT test came back "low risk" and the baby doesn't have Trisomy 18. Phew! I think I just took my first deep breath in 2 weeks.

11. ValentineMommy

pomelo / 5791 posts

@lilteacherbee: Glad to hear it went well for you! Our older one is a GREAT sleeper. I'm just slightly concerned that he will wake DS2 up earlier than he gets up now, which wouldn't be terrible, but I'd rather have him sleep! DS2 takes longer to fall asleep, so hopefully he won't disturb his big brother. DS1 was all excited to share at first, but now that we are getting closer to their "move", he is saying how he's going to miss his room, which breaks my heart a little. Hopefully, he will be excited once he gets in there.

@psw27: Yay!!!!! So glad to hear the good news!

12. lilteacherbee

cantaloupe / 6791 posts

@ValentineMommy: Yeah, that's happened to us, too. It's not so bad on days DS1 goes to school because they have to be up by 7:30 anyway. But ugh! One day last week, DS1 stayed with my mom and DS2 slept until 8:30 that morning! I've just moved his bedtime a little earlier since his brother usually wakes him up a little earlier now.

@psw27: Yay, that's great!! I'm sure you're so relieved!

13. JennyPenny

nectarine / 2460 posts

@littleblessings: Yikes! Hope you all feel better soon!

@psw27: Yay! Great news! So glad to hear it.

We're planning on going straight to the crib when we bring this guy home. Its what we did with DS1 and it worked out great. We have a twin day bed in our nursery so I slept in there for the first 3 weeks or so and then moved back into my own room.

14. ValentineMommy

pomelo / 5791 posts

@lilteacherbee: Yea, we've been working the past few weeks coordinating their bedtimes (pushing DS2's back a little and moving DS1's up a little) and it's been working out so far....so hopefully the mornings won't be too bad.

@JennyPenny: Are you concerned about the new recommendation to sleep in the same room for the first 6m? I ask only because we moved both boys into their own rooms very early also (5w for DS1 and 8w for DS2), and the new recommendation has given me pause about it.....but I don't know that it will really change our long term plans. Both boys slept better in their own rooms (and so did I), but I'm nervous about it now.

15. psw27

pomelo / 5220 posts

@ValentineMommy: @lilteacherbee: @JennyPenny: Thank you!!

@ValentineMommy: We moved our DS pretty early too. Between our dog (bulldog who snored) and DH and I going to bed after LO and LO making weird grunting noises when he was actually sleeping, we all slept better once he was in his own room! I can't imagine keeping a LO in our room for a year. We had already put DS on a pretty tight schedule by even 6 months old to try and help with sleep training.

16. ValentineMommy

pomelo / 5791 posts

@psw27: That's exactly how I feel. DH snores horribly. He would keep the baby up. Every noise the baby made kept me up. It was a vicious cycle. Moving them into their own room helped everyone sleep! Both my boys slept 10-12 hours a night before 3 months old....I can't imagine that would have happened if they had stayed in my room.

17. JennyPenny

nectarine / 2460 posts

@ValentineMommy: Nope, like you and @psw27 mentioned I just don't sleep soundly with baby in the room and neither does DH. It would just lead to a lot of grumpiness. The biggest thing that keeps me from worrying though is I got the AngelCare monitor that has an alarm if they stop breathing. And I trust that far more than I would any weird mommy instinct that I might have if we were sharing a room.

18. ValentineMommy

pomelo / 5791 posts

@JennyPenny: We have the angelcare too, though I've been thinking of getting the owlet monitor this time, based on a friend's recommendation. I don't know though. And yea, I lack the mommy instinct while sleeping...sleep overrules everything lol

19. JennyPenny

nectarine / 2460 posts

@ValentineMommy: My friend asked my opinion on that vs the AngelCare with her newborn and I felt like I'd still prefer the AngelCare. I like that with the Owlet you get the detailed stats, but as far as I can tell wouldn't you still need another monitor for sound too?

20. psw27

pomelo / 5220 posts

@JennyPenny: @ValentineMommy: I'm going to have to look into this angel care thing. I tend to not be overly paranoid about this kind of thing so I didn't buy one last time. Mostly because LO had just gotten out of the NICU and I couldn't stand the thought of more monitoring (yes that might sound crazy, I know.) My best friend has an Owlet I could borrow, does it ever go off by accident? I think I would have a heart attack.

21. JennyPenny

nectarine / 2460 posts

@psw27: I one time had my AngelCare make a single beep as if it was starting the alarm but then it stopped. I have no idea what happened - he was breathing fine by the time I got to his room. Maybe just holding his breath for a bit? I have never run as fast as I did in that moment, but otherwise no - no false alarms.

22. MapleMoose

grapefruit / 4213 posts

@bubblegum: Me too! I wouldn't want people to nickname him Kill tho. Lian would work as a nickname. Still not sold on any one name yet. The search continues.

@psw27: Fantastic! That's great news!!

@JennyPenny: @ValentineMommy: @psw27: We have the Angel Care monitor too. The darn thing went off a few times with LO1 and really, really scared me. She would always snuggle right up to the edges and corners of the crib and the monitor would sound an alarm, startling me awake in the middle of the night. Eventually I got fed up with the false alarms and stopped using it.

23. JennyPenny

nectarine / 2460 posts

@MapleMoose: Ian is on my short list for boy names and could be a nickname for Killian as well.

How old was your LO when you got the false alarms. We stopped using our AngelCare around 5-6 months because I felt comfortable by that point and DS wasn't moving around the crib much at that point so it was never an issue.

24. MapleMoose

grapefruit / 4213 posts

@JennyPenny: I'm slightly jealous that you were able to narrow your list of names down enough to have a short list.
    I started putting her down for daytime naps in the crib almost immediately and we had the Angel Care set up. So we were using it from newborn to about 5 or 6 months, when I eventually got fed up with it. LO1 was always a wiggler and started rolling and moving around to the edges of the crib really early so that's probably why I had issues with the monitor. It wasn't going off all the time, only a handful of false alarms, but scary to hear and would wake up baby.

25. mrsmacSLP

apricot / 308 posts

@psw27: such good news!

26. JennyPenny

nectarine / 2460 posts

@MapleMoose: I wouldn't be too jealous. DH isn't on board with any of my short list so it's basically useless...

27. bubblegum

pear / 1717 posts

@MapleMoose: that would be a crazy nickname! Lol just stand firm in what you want him to be called. We picked our name with our baby girl and are standing firm in what nicknames are off limits!

28. MapleMoose

grapefruit / 4213 posts

@JennyPenny: Keep working on him, there's still time!

@bubblegum: I know, right?! I only say that because my dearest husband was like "Killian? Great name. I'll call him Killer. That's so cool." Seriously, DH, are you 12? Lol, men!!

29. bubblegum

pear / 1717 posts

@MapleMoose: lol that's great!!!

30. lilteacherbee

cantaloupe / 6791 posts

@MapleMoose: hahaha sounds like something my DH would say!

I'm glad we nailed down a name already because it was not easy! DH is a teacher (and I used to be), so there are sooo many names we can't use because of we associate them with certain kids We basically just picked the first name we both agreed on. Boy names were hard because we've already named two boys, but girl names were a little easier.

31. psw27

pomelo / 5220 posts

@MapleMoose: There is a dad who goes by Kill at our daycare! The first time he introduced himself I was like 'wait, what?' I think his full name is like Kilkenney or something like that.

32. psw27

pomelo / 5220 posts

@lilteacherbee: I can only imagine how hard that would be if you were around lots of kids! DH and I totally disqualify names because we had friends with those names as kids or we knew a bad kid with that name! LOL.

33. bubblegum

pear / 1717 posts

@psw27: That's intense!

34. psw27

pomelo / 5220 posts

@bubblegum: I don't know him very well, but he doesn't seem very nice so it sort of goes with him.

35. bubblegum

pear / 1717 posts

@psw27: lol well that's good I guess

36. MapleMoose

grapefruit / 4213 posts

@lilteacherbee: I know what you mean. We immediately nixed several names because we already know someone with that name. I can't imagine being a teacher, you must have a ton of name-person associations in your head!

@psw27: See, that's what I'm trying to avoid!

37. ValentineMommy

pomelo / 5791 posts

@JennyPenny: Yea, we used a video/sound monitor in addition to the angelcare/owlet.

@psw27: We had several false alarms, no matter how we changed around the sensitivity. It scared the daylights out of me every time.

@MapleMoose: That's why we stopped using it too. Scared the heck out of me.

@lilteacherbee: Trying to name a third boy was really scaring me. Not the thought of having a 3rd boy, but just trying to name him! Lol!

38. JennyPenny

nectarine / 2460 posts

@ValentineMommy: Interesting - mine was all in 1 with the AngelCare.

39. JennyPenny

nectarine / 2460 posts

Pregnancy hormones and Christmas songs do not mix. I catch myself tearing up way more than I ought to. Any song about cheering up poor children or goodwill to the world gets me going. But the worst is "Mary did you know..." It choked me up during my first pregnancy when I didn't even know the gender of my baby, but now that I have 2 boys I can't take it at all!!

40. psw27

pomelo / 5220 posts

@JennyPenny: Ha! Any Michael Buble song makes me cry right now because his son has cancer. I feel ya!

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee