Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

April 2017 moms!

1. lilteacherbee

cantaloupe / 6791 posts

@ValentineMommy: Haha! After DS1 was born, I was back in the gym by 2 months pp. After DS2, not so much

@JennyPenny: Fingers crossed for good news!! Thinking of you

2. ValentineMommy

pomelo / 5791 posts

@lilteacherbee: My c-section was still really sore at that point....I'm thinking with chasing around DS2, it's going to take even longer to heal this time!

@JennyPenny: FX for you that everything turns out alright!

3. lilteacherbee

cantaloupe / 6791 posts

@ValentineMommy: The gap between my first two was 20 months, so that probably had a lot to do with my lack of motivation (and recovery was a little harder than with my first)! This time will be the same (21 months), so we'll see! 😬

4. psw27

pomelo / 5220 posts

@JennyPenny: Fingers crossed for good news!!

5. abbydabbydoodlebug

nectarine / 2636 posts

Had my anatomy scan today! We almost missed out finding out the gender because baby's legs were firmly crossed! After about 45 min of the poking and prodding, we got a glimpse and we're having another girl!

She was super wiggly and the tech had a really hard time getting all her measurements so I go back in Jan for another sonogram. The ones she did get were all good though. Dh and I totally thought we were going to have a boy. Lol. Surprise! But I have all the clothes and every thing from DD1, so we should be pretty good on clothes and equipment. We are going to reuse all of DD1's baby furniture and just have aqua or pink for colors in the room.

6. JennyPenny

nectarine / 2460 posts

@abbydabbydoodlebug: congrats! Glad to hear everything went well, and I love getting extra peeks at baby.

My appt was just 20 min late this time and no change really. They found the same thing on the higher res ultrasound and want to see us back at 32 weeks to see if it resolves. They reiterated that this is really common, especially in boys, and not to worry. They confirmed that everything else was perfect so that's nice. Baby boy is also about 1.1 lbs already which sounds huge!!

7. lilteacherbee

cantaloupe / 6791 posts

@abbydabbydoodlebug: Congrats!! So exciting! The only thing that makes me a little sad about this being our last is knowing she won't have a sister.

@JennyPenny: I bet we do have the same thing going on. I googled a little after my appointment and read that it's more common in boys (which made me a little nervous since I'm having a girl). I go back for a growth ultrasound at 23 weeks but I don't know if they'll check the kidneys again until my next one after that at 29 weeks. How far along are you? DS1 was already 1lb 8oz at 22 weeks and I remember thinking that was huge (and he was almost 9lbs when he was born at 39 weeks!)

8. JennyPenny

nectarine / 2460 posts

@lilteacherbee: I'll be 21 weeks tomorrow. She said it sounds like a big difference but would still guess under 9 lbs, so that's good. I worry about size cause DH, all his siblings, and all his siblings' kids have been 10+ lbs. DS1 was 7.5 which I was very happy about

9. JennyPenny

nectarine / 2460 posts

April 2017 Mamas

April 2: mrsmacSLP (#1 ) - 23w5d
    April 5: yellowbeach (#1 ) - 23w2d
    April 7: Cordie (#1 ) - 23w0d
    April 10: mrswilson2012 (#1 ) - 22w4d
    April 13: PeaceLily (#1) - 22w1d
    April 13: Megatherium (#2) - 22w1d
    April 15: MapleMoose (#3) - 21w6d
    April 17: littleblessings (#3 ) - 21w4d
    April 18: MOMTOLITTLEB (#2 ) - 21w3d
    April 19: bubblegum (#2 ) - 21w2d
    April 21: JennyPenny (#2 ) - 21w0d
    April 22: MissLace (#2 ) - 20w6d
    April 24: Trimama (#2) - 20w4d
    April 25: betsyr25 (#2) - 20w3d
    April 26: psw27 (#2 ) - 20w2d
    April 26: ValentineMommy (#3 ) - 20w2d
    April 27: abbydabbydoodlebug (#2 ) - 20w1d
    April 28: justjules (#2) - 20w0d
    May 10: lilteacherbee (#3 ) - 18w2d

: 7 : 5 : 1

10. psw27

pomelo / 5220 posts

@JennyPenny: I was just thinking about you and hoping you had a good update. How do you feel? Less worried? or the same?

@abbydabbydoodlebug: congrats on the baby girl!!

11. abbydabbydoodlebug

nectarine / 2636 posts

How is everyone coming along with names? DH and I have a hard time with girl names, but I thought of Felicity today. DD1 is Lillian (Lily). I want to love another floral name to go with lily, but I just haven't heard one that jumps out to me. What do y'all think of Felicity?

12. JennyPenny

nectarine / 2460 posts

@psw27: Thanks. Mostly the same. The kidney still has extra fluid, but they did a good job of explaining future checks and what will happen if he continues to be outside the normal range. And the end was basically "a pediatric urologist will see him and usually they don't find anything to be worried about". So I feel pretty unworried and happy to see baby boy again at 32 weeks

@abbydabbydoodlebug: I love the name Lily (if this one was a girl she likely would have been Lily) and the name Felicity but I'm not sure I like them together. They're pretty similar. If you like floral names this thread recently had a ton of suggestions http://boards.hellobee.com/topic/flora-names-for-girls#post-2657152 ETA- i just thought of a name not on this list - Dawn. Has a nice nature ring but not floral specifically

13. abbydabbydoodlebug

nectarine / 2636 posts

@JennyPenny: yeah I'm not sure about the two together either. Dh and I really like traditional classic sounding names that are obviously feminine. Which is tricky with a lot of the floral names. Plus, our last name is Mc with 3 syllables which makes things tricky too. For example, I like Magnolia,but feel like that might be too many Ms. Argh. Lol

14. JennyPenny

nectarine / 2460 posts

@abbydabbydoodlebug: I'm the same way. If it helps my other girl name is Claire - very traditional, classic, feminine.

15. abbydabbydoodlebug

nectarine / 2636 posts

@JennyPenny: I really like Claire! But we have very good friends with a girl named Claire. Lol. Whomp whomp.

16. JennyPenny

nectarine / 2460 posts

@abbydabbydoodlebug: Ugh - hate how that happens. We have not close friends who named their son one of our possible boy names and I keep wondering if it'd be weird. By not close I mean we used to hang out maybe 5+ years ago and went to eachothers' weddings, but now we only see each other in passing at work and daycare. It still feels like it might be "close" enough that its off limits.

17. lilteacherbee

cantaloupe / 6791 posts

@abbydabbydoodlebug: My favorite floral names are Magnolia and Rosalie (DH vetoed both 🙄). My BFF's daughter is Lilly and for some reason, I can't remember the name she has picked out for another potential daughter! I'll have to ask her!

This baby's name is Annabelle Kate Our boy name would have been Sawyer Matthew. Big brothers are Nathan and Carter.

18. MissLace

apricot / 311 posts

@abbydabbydoodlebug: what about Rosalie? That's my daughters middle name (would have been her first if I didn't have a super Irish last name). You could call her Rosie for short.

19. mrsmacSLP

apricot / 308 posts

@abbydabbydoodlebug: we've come up with 3 names for our little guy, but I can't pick until we meet him. If it was a girl she would've been named Saylah. Very strange for me-I love traditional names like Claire and Lillian!

20. JennyPenny

nectarine / 2460 posts

DH and I are at a standstill for names. I have 2 I love but DH vetoed them. We have 2 that we're both just okay with. I can't help but feel that at least one of us should love the name even if the other person is just okay with it. Plus I really love the first 2 so I have dreams of somehow getting DH on board

21. abbydabbydoodlebug

nectarine / 2636 posts

@lilteacherbee: @MissLace: Rosalie was DD1's back up name! But we have an ava rose and Emma Rose on both sides of the family and my sil now has a thing with roses because of it, so is kind of feel like I'm copying. Plus, I feel weird using the 2nd choice name for this baby, lol. Names are so hard and complicated!

22. MOMTOLITTLEB

persimmon / 1188 posts

@abbydabbydoodlebug: I have a niece Rosalie and I love it! It's so pretty and feminine. I would definitely use a backup name if we had one. Last time I just got my husband to agree to my first choice!

We don't have any strong contenders! And we have to think of a boy and girl name so it's tough. I admit I never like my husband's suggestions but maybe he'll surprise me this time!

23. abbydabbydoodlebug

nectarine / 2636 posts

What do you all think of Juliette or Sophie/a? With Elaine as a middle name and 3 syllable Mc name? My sister thought of Juliette today and I'm thinking about it! She hates Felicity,haha.

24. MissLace

apricot / 311 posts

@abbydabbydoodlebug: i love Juliette (and sophia, but sophia is WAY too popular around where i live to ever use it), if you're pairing it with Elaine, i think either sounds good, but if your not opposed to adding a "a" so its Juliette Elaina, i think that sounds really pretty too : )

25. JennyPenny

nectarine / 2460 posts

@abbydabbydoodlebug: I like them both. I think Sophia goes best with Elaine, but Juliette is my favorite with Lily. I'm no help

Today on the way home from a holiday party DS said "I wanna see Henry." We were confused as none of his playmates are named Henry. Then he said again "I wanna play with Henry" and DH asked "where do you see Henry?" and DS pointed at me. DH said "is Henry your little brother?" and DS said yes! Henry is the name of the son of our non-close friends that I mentioned above. I still think it might be weird, but it also feels like a sign!?

26. MapleMoose

grapefruit / 4213 posts

@psw27: They found choroid plexus cysts in LO1's brain. Two extremely stressful weeks later we had enhanced scanning at a hospital in the city and met with a geneticist because the bloodwork showed an elevated risk. The enhanced scans still showed the cysts in her brain but no other indicators. Fast forward to now, she is a healthy, vibrant, intelligent, beautiful 3 year old. The brain cysts really scared us but resulted in zero health or learning issues. Sending prayers and hoping you find out the same news with your baby.

27. MapleMoose

grapefruit / 4213 posts

@JennyPenny: LOL! Your DS is too cute!

28. MapleMoose

grapefruit / 4213 posts

I've been MIA for a while, but I just caught up. I'm sending prayers for everyone who had blips on their anatomy ultrasounds. I have been pretty stressed because they found some anomalies in LO3's heart. We were sent for additional scans and tests. Thankfully all appears well with our little BOY!!! I've been celebrating his health by shopping for boy clothes as his two big sisters won't be providing any hand-me-downs.

29. abbydabbydoodlebug

nectarine / 2636 posts

@MapleMoose: woohoo, boy! Congrats!

30. JennyPenny

nectarine / 2460 posts

@MapleMoose: Congratulations! Wow, I can't believe how many of us had blips at our anatomy scans. Thankfully they all seem to be turning out just fine

31. MapleMoose

grapefruit / 4213 posts

@abbydabbydoodlebug: @JennyPenny: Thanks ladies! We are thrilled!! My OB said scanning technology keeps getting better, which is great, but it shows so many more potential issues than before.... many of which turn out to be nothing, thankfully. Better safe than sorry.

32. lilteacherbee

cantaloupe / 6791 posts

@MapleMoose: Yay, congrats!! I have the opposite- 2 boys and now a girl! So fun!! Glad he's doing well

33. lilteacherbee

cantaloupe / 6791 posts

@abbydabbydoodlebug: I like them both, but I think I like Juliette better because it seems to be less popular! Pretty names!!

34. MapleMoose

grapefruit / 4213 posts

@lilteacherbee: Thank you! Funny we have the opposite gender kids! What are the age ranges of your kiddos? LO1 and LO2 are 15 months apart and LO3 will be a little over 2 years from LO2.

35. lilteacherbee

cantaloupe / 6791 posts

@MapleMoose: Almost the exact same gap both times- 20.5 months and 21 months! My oldest just turned 3 last month and my youngest is 16 months, so I'll have 3 under 4 when little sister is born!

36. psw27

pomelo / 5220 posts

@MapleMoose: thanks for sharing a positive experience! It's been a long few weeks. We are still waiting for the nipt DNA test to come back, hopefully we have some good news soon. I agree these new ultrasound are a total blessing and a curse!

37. ValentineMommy

pomelo / 5791 posts

@abbydabbydoodlebug: Congrats! Our DD is going to be Annelise. Big brothers are Desmond and Gideon. Out of all the names you listed, I loooove Juliette. So pretty and feminine!

@JennyPenny: What a big boy!!!!

@lilteacherbee: DS1 was huge at this point - and he was 9lbs1oz at 39w!

@MapleMoose: congrats on your little man!! Like @lilteacherbee: I have the opposite - two boys and now a girl!

38. MapleMoose

grapefruit / 4213 posts

@lilteacherbee: @ValentineMommy: I'm so happy we get to experience raising both boys and girls. They are so different but each so great in their own ways.

Keep throwing out more names, I need inspiration!

TMI, but are anyone else's boobies already leaking?!

39. bubblegum

pear / 1717 posts

@MapleMoose: Awww a sweet baby boy!!! Hmmm what style names do you like? Classic? Trendy?

40. JennyPenny

nectarine / 2460 posts

@MapleMoose: This morning DS told us his brother's name should be Khaki Peas. I'll let you have it if you want

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee