Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

April 2017 moms!

1. psw27

pomelo / 5220 posts

@ValentineMommy: hmm maybe I should avoid the monitor then, I am not an anxious person about SIDS or anything but after my son being in the NICU I just hate those noises!

2. lilteacherbee

cantaloupe / 6791 posts

@JennyPenny: Oh man, yes. I'm an emotional person anyway- add pregnancy hormones and I'm a mess! I heard the Christmas shoes song a few days ago and started sobbing in my car.

3. ValentineMommy

pomelo / 5791 posts

@psw27: ugh yea, it's definitely not good for anxiety with any false alarms and the beeping!

4. ValentineMommy

pomelo / 5791 posts

Had my 3D scan today!

5. JennyPenny

nectarine / 2460 posts

@ValentineMommy: aww, hi baby!!

6. lilteacherbee

cantaloupe / 6791 posts

@ValentineMommy: so sweet! My next ultrasound is in 4 weeks and I can't wait to see her again!

7. JennyPenny

nectarine / 2460 posts

April 2017 Mamas

April 2: mrsmacSLP (#1 ) - 24w4d
    April 5: yellowbeach (#1 ) - 24w1d
    April 7: Cordie (#1 ) - 23w6d
    April 10: mrswilson2012 (#1 ) - 23w3d
    April 13: PeaceLily (#1) - 23w0d
    April 13: Megatherium (#2) - 23w0d
    April 15: MapleMoose (#3 ) - 22w5d
    April 17: littleblessings (#3 ) - 22w3d
    April 18: MOMTOLITTLEB (#2 ) - 22w2d
    April 19: bubblegum (#2 ) - 22w1d
    April 21: JennyPenny (#2 ) - 21w6d
    April 22: MissLace (#2 ) - 21w5d
    April 24: Trimama (#2) - 21w3d
    April 25: betsyr25 (#2) - 21w2d
    April 26: psw27 (#2 ) - 21w1d
    April 26: ValentineMommy (#3 ) - 21w1d
    April 27: abbydabbydoodlebug (#2 ) - 21w0d
    April 28: justjules (#2) - 20w6d
    May 10: lilteacherbee (#3 ) - 19w1d

: 7 : 6 : 1

8. ValentineMommy

pomelo / 5791 posts

@lilteacherbee: I was super disappointed when MFM said they wouldn't need to see me/her again! I was originally told that they'd do some u/s towards the end for a growth scan and to look at the placenta, but I guess everything looked good, so they don't need to. I mean, I'm super thankful that everything looks good. It's just going to be a long wait to see her little face again!

9. lilteacherbee

cantaloupe / 6791 posts

@ValentineMommy: haha I know what you mean. I've been seen at MFM every pregnancy- first because I had a miscarriage due to a chromosomal abnormality and my OB doesn't do any of the NIPTs. Then, they found a blood antibody, which can cause issues, but my levels have always stayed low. Also, with LO1, I had GD which made me "high risk." So with each pregnancy, I stay at MFM the whole time and also see my regular OB. At my last MFM appointment, they decided to space my growth ultrasounds every 6 weeks instead of every 4. Even that made me a little sad, which is silly because I'm still grateful for the extra scans and reassurance!

10. ValentineMommy

pomelo / 5791 posts

@lilteacherbee: Every 6 weeks is still a lot!!! I've seen MFM with each pregnancy as well (I have a genetic disease and this time I'm old lol), but I never get seen that much! I'm hoping for 1 more growth scan or something towards the end.

11. MapleMoose

grapefruit / 4213 posts

@JennyPenny: @psw27: @lilteacherbee: I had to change the radio station when The Christmas Shoes came on. Driving with tear-filled eyes, not the most ideal situation lol

@ValentineMommy: Hi little one!

@JennyPenny: Look at that list! Almost an equal number of girls and boys. Funny how that worked out!

12. psw27

pomelo / 5220 posts

@ValentineMommy: aw hi little baby!

@ValentineMommy: @lilteacherbee: I just got released from MFM this morning too! I thought I would have to keep seeing them but they said I have no indications from their perspective of preterm labor (cervix is good, etc.). So that is a relief but part of me was a little sad I won't get to see the little guy again until maybe the 36 week check!

Also, the CP cyst is gone! All that worry and it resolved in 2 weeks..... sigh. modern medicine, a blessing and a curse!

13. JennyPenny

nectarine / 2460 posts

@psw27: Yay! Glad everything resolved. Sucks you had to worry though.

Totally un-baby related, but is the weather doing crazy things where you live? This is our upcoming forecast. It's freezing today, gets warm over the weekend and then plummets again for Monday. Crazy pants!!

14. psw27

pomelo / 5220 posts

@JennyPenny: Um yes, its 4 degrees here with a windchill of -18 right now... and tomorrow we get snow in the morning and then rain... and by Sunday it will be 60 and Monday 20 again! SO crazy!

15. JennyPenny

nectarine / 2460 posts

@psw27: Whew that's cold! We actually have a 40% chance of snow early tomorrow morning too, which looks ridiculous on a day that's forecast to be 61!!

16. psw27

pomelo / 5220 posts

@JennyPenny: It is indescribable how cold -18 feels. I was out for just a few minutes and my whole face was numb for a while after. God bless the cops, garbage men, construction workers, etc. that have to be out in it all day... half of them don't even have gloves on - tougher than me!!

17. lilteacherbee

cantaloupe / 6791 posts

@JennyPenny: haha I had to check your profile because I was sure your weather meant you were in NC too I'm freeezing today, but I live on the coast so if it's not snowing (ha never happens), then I'm over the cold!

@psw27: Yay for good news!!

18. yellowbeach

nectarine / 2648 posts

@lilteacherbee: I had the same thought. VA though.

19. littleblessings

pear / 1739 posts

I'm in Michigan and it is so darn cold they have called off school. Brrrrrr

20. abbydabbydoodlebug

nectarine / 2636 posts

This weather is crazy! Yesterday was 74 and humid and this morning is 24, feels like 15! We're in Texas though and winter is crazy like this sometimes. I'm not prepared for this cold though!

21. psw27

pomelo / 5220 posts

@abbydabbydoodlebug: that's cold for Texas!!

22. littleblessings

pear / 1739 posts

Anybody on #2+ having issues with the kids sleeping? My DD won't sleep for anything. She literally stays up all night playing in her room and I don't know how to make it stop.

23. bubblegum

pear / 1717 posts

I'm finally having my anatomy scan today!! I haven't seen baby girl since that scare I had at 11 weeks so I'm very excited to see how much she's grown. Doctor believes I have an anterior placenta because I barely feel her kicking unless the kicks are low. Anyone have an anterior placenta? Share your experiences!

I'm super amped for this ultrasound but it's also hitting me that I haven't done anything for my little mama. I keep going into her room to start cleaning it out and getting painting tape up on the walls and then my little tornado of a babe comes in and steals my attention.

24. psw27

pomelo / 5220 posts

@bubblegum: Good luck at your scan! I have an anterior placenta this time as well, and no one told me until a few weeks ago - even though I've had 4 or 5 ultrasounds at htis point. Good thing I'm not a worrier! I definitely feel the thumps much lower and over on the sides this time.

25. bubblegum

pear / 1717 posts

@psw27: Thank you! It is the strangest thing for me because with DS I didn't have it so I was use to strong kicks all the time. For this little one I have to lay as still as possible drink something sugary and thennnn she let's me know all is well. How was it when it came time to deliver? I'm getting a repeat c-section.

26. psw27

pomelo / 5220 posts

@bubblegum: I could tell as well because with DS#1 I was having muchhhh bigger kicks by now and they are still little thuds here and there.

Last time I didn't have it, so I just had a normal run of the mill delivery! Although my doc did say that it doesn't matter for this time, they only worry if its previa (on the bottom). I think if you are a repeat c-section its probably not a big deal at all, they will just move it or deliver it first!

27. bubblegum

pear / 1717 posts

This comment has been deleted by the original poster.

28. bubblegum

pear / 1717 posts

@psw27: Same!!!

Oh sweet. Yeah I figured it wouldn't be a big deal since I'm having a c-section.

29. ValentineMommy

pomelo / 5791 posts

@psw27: Whew, so glad everything is resolved! I don't think I'll even get a 36 week check (at least, I didn't with my boys). The anatomy scan was the last time I saw them before they were born!

@JennyPenny: yes!! The weather here has been so crazy! I hate it...I just wish it would pick one way and stick with it. I'm worrying everyone is going to keep getting sick like this.

@littleblessings: Thankfully, sleep has never been our issue (yet). DS1 has eating issues. DS2 is slightly behind on speech. I'm praying DD doesn't have sleep issues....I think I can handle anything as long as I can get some sleep lol. Whats going on with your LO? Is this a totally new thing?

@bubblegum: I was convinced I had anterior placenta this time, but apparently I don't. The doc said it may have started anterior and moved up (it's kinda sitting on top). I didn't feel her solidly moving until like 18-19 weeks. I did have an anterior placenta with DS2....I didn't feel him until almost 22 weeks and it never felt as strong as it did with DS1. I had a csection and it wasn't a problem. I also am feeling the pressure to get her room moving along....I'm hoping/planning on ramping that up after the holidays.

30. bubblegum

pear / 1717 posts

@ValentineMommy: That's super interesting! I'm guessing today they can confirm it with the ultrasound. I'm just two days shy of 23 weeks so they should know right? That's how it is with her the kicks are not strong at all but there. YES!!! The pressure to get things going after the holidays is a little scary. It's so shocking how fast this pregnancy is going.

31. psw27

pomelo / 5220 posts

@ValentineMommy: I never made it to 36 weeks so I have no idea what the protocol is! Here's praying I get there!

@littleblessings: not this week, but he's a toddler so it changes weekly! A few weeks ago he was crying in the middle of the night... ugh. why!? why can't they just realize that sleep is amazing and it's all mommy wants to do but can't! hahaha

32. lilteacherbee

cantaloupe / 6791 posts

@bubblegum: I had an anterior placenta with DS1 and felt him consistently around the same time I did DS2 (18-19 weeks), but he was huge! He measured 2-3 weeks ahead during all my ultrasounds, so I don't think I would have felt him until after 20 weeks if he was an average sized baby. I also had a c-section and it wasn't an issue.

I've picked out bedding/decor/colors for the nursery, but no actual progress. We still have to paint, but I need to organize the stuff that's already in that room first and clear it out. My sister informed me that she's wants to give me a shower, so that's nice!

Have fun at your anatomy scan!

33. lilteacherbee

cantaloupe / 6791 posts

@littleblessings: Both of my boys are sleeping fine right now (thank goodness), but we'll be moving my 3 year old to a toddler bed soon and that makes me nervous. He turned 3 last month and has never tried to climb out of his crib, so I wasn't in a hurry to move him. However, we're gonna need the second crib for little sister. I'm hoping I'm dreading it for no reason and it doesn't totally mess up his sleep 😬

34. bubblegum

pear / 1717 posts

@lilteacherbee: Were they strong movements? I felt her pretty early, earlier than DS. I think she'll be big just like her brother. He was over 9 lbs.

Awww how fun!! Once your vision comes to life it'll be even more amazing. That is so sweet of her. When does she plan on doing it?

Thank you

35. ValentineMommy

pomelo / 5791 posts

@bubblegum: yes, they'll know by now!!! I'm nervous about everything else I have to do for the nursery. It's literally starting to keep me up at night lol

@psw27: here's hoping you make it past 36w this time!!

@lilteacherbee: For what it's worth, when we moved ds1 to a bed, it didn't disrupt his sleep at all! Good luck!!

36. bubblegum

pear / 1717 posts

@ValentineMommy: I'm in the same boat! I feel so bad about and my mom keeps telling me to relax lol.

37. lilteacherbee

cantaloupe / 6791 posts

@bubblegum: I think so. I know I felt him at 18 weeks and DH could feel him by 19 weeks. I'm almost 20 weeks with #3 now and I don't think they're strong enough to feel from the outside yet. I think we'll probably have the shower in March (I'll have a RCS the first week of May). We didn't have a shower/sprinkle for our second because they were the same gender and only 20 months apart. We have most of the big stuff already obviously, but it'll be fun getting some more tiny girl clothes- probably lots of monogrammed things

@ValentineMommy: Good to hear! I have visions of him running loose through the house early in the mornings. Right now, I don't hear him until 7:30/8. If he wakes up before then, he's usually talking to himself or playing with his stuffed animals in his crib. Do you have one of the okay to wake clocks? I'm wondering if that may be necessary so he learns when its acceptable to get out of bed!

38. ValentineMommy

pomelo / 5791 posts

@lilteacherbee: We don't, but then again, ds1 was always a good sleeper. He's almost 4 and still doesn't get out of bed without calling for us and waiting for us to go in his room. Earliest he wakes up is around 7. If, by chance, it's any earlier (6:30 or later), we usually just bring him into our bed and let him watch cartoons (it would be the weekend anyway since we both work). I'm totally going to need one of those clocks for ds2 though. I know he's going to be a whole different story

39. bubblegum

pear / 1717 posts

@lilteacherbee: Awww how exciting!!!

40. JennyPenny

nectarine / 2460 posts

Guys - my weight has gone insane lately. I was doing really well at not gaining too much but having a slow steady rise. But then in the past week I have gained 3 lbs all the sudden. It's insane! I have a digital wifi scale so everything gets synced and the trajectory gets graphed online - it looks ridiculous. I have definitely been indulging a bit with holiday goodies and parties, but not enough for that! Ugh!!! Sorry, just needed to rant.

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee