4. psw27

pomelo / 5220 posts

@mrsmacSLP: Congratulations!

5. lilteacherbee

cantaloupe / 6791 posts

@mrsmacSLP: Congrats!!!

6. mrsmacSLP

apricot / 308 posts

Thanks ladies! It was great to do a bit of shopping today knowing we're having a little man!

Amazon had a great deal on the Britax car seat we wanted to we grabbed it! Stroller and car seat bought! My family informed us they will be buying babies crib, dresser and rocker. We're in our way to prepping!

7. littleblessings

pear / 1739 posts

Deep cleaning my entire house. Trying to figure out where baby girl is going to sleep yet. My kids' rooms are exactly the same size but my DD has a full size bed and my son has a toddler bed. So overall his room has more space for the crib than DDs. Idk. I'm also setting up for Christmas as I go. Lol

8. JennyPenny

nectarine / 2460 posts

In finally making good progress on getting my office cleaned out so we can start work on turning it into a big boy room for DS. With any luck I can wrap that up today and be ready to list the furniture to sell tomorrow.

I also just slept my first night with my pregnancy pillow and I'm in love. So comfy

9. JennyPenny

nectarine / 2460 posts

DH felt baby move tonight!! So exciting

10. yellowbeach

nectarine / 2648 posts

@JennyPenny: SO exciting - my DH is dying for this moment. He's been so jealous the last 2 weeks that I can feel her and he can't. Was it long in between for you two?

I'm so excited - I hadn't been doing anything for the nursery because I was looking (with no luck) for a crib bedding set I really loved. It's really hard to find something feminine but not too princessy or frilly. I finally found it this morning, and now my brain is flooding with ideas for the nursery decor. It's been such a stress relief - not that decor matters, but now I'll finally be motivated to get something done.

11. JennyPenny

nectarine / 2460 posts

@yellowbeach: that bedding is stunning! I want it for my bed

I was only confident I was feeling baby about 2 weeks ago, so not long between them the time. I felt my first much earlier though and there was much longer between then and when DH could feel it, so maybe it happened around 19-20 weeks then too? I do remember last time it took a while between when I could feel it on the outside and when he could, either from uncooperative baby or DH just not noticing subtle movement. Tonight was the first time I felt it on the outside and I called DH over and he felt it too, so it was much quicker in that sense too. I hope you guys get to share that moment soon too

12. ValentineMommy

pomelo / 5791 posts

@lilteacherbee: I got the SAME results (and we have 2 boys with a girl on the way too)! DH says we're done after this one, but I'm not totally convinced!

@mrsmacSLP: Congrats!!!

@yellowbeach: Love that bedding! Oddly, that's the crib I was originally looking at before I settled on a metal one. I love that one!

I'm finally feeling flutters pretty much daily now!!!! Yay! Anyone finding any good black friday/cyber monday deals? We bought a minivan on friday! Lol And then I bought an extra carseat for the other car on sale. I really was hoping to find a tripp trapp on sale somewhere, but I can't find one!

13. lilteacherbee

cantaloupe / 6791 posts

@yellowbeach: That's beautiful! I'm the same way- it may be the fact that I'm used to boys, but I'm not into the omgALLthepink either!

@ValentineMommy: So crazy!! I've always wanted 3- I'm a little apprehensive about having a "middle child" but I know *I* couldn't give enough attention to 4 or more, plus $$$$ And I'm finally feeling confident enough to say I'm feeling flutters too! So exciting!

My anatomy scan is Friday and I can't wait!!

14. bubblegum

pear / 1717 posts

LADIES! I finally have flutters happening. I'm convinced that this little girl is LAZY. They rarely happen whereas with DS once they started they were constant. But super thankful to be having them either way. How's everyone feeling? Hopefully everyone's babes let them enjoy Thanksgiving without any problems.

15. abbydabbydoodlebug

nectarine / 2636 posts

I'm finally feeling movement several times a day! So nice to have that reassurance. Anyone have any hormonal breakdowns over the holiday weekend? I started crying in my mom's kitchen on Thanksgiving day for NO reason. My sis in law was sympathetic but confused because she never was hormonal with her pregnancies. She did say, "I have no idea what to do, but your mascara looks great!" Hahaha.

Oy, pregnancy. Also, I'm super impressed with everyone organization starting and cleaning out rooms already! I'm not even close to starting cleaning out the baby's room. I'm hoping nesting will kick in after Christmas.....

16. psw27

pomelo / 5220 posts

I'm having some movement but it is super sporadic. I'm excited for my anatomy scan on Wednesday to see how the LO is doing in there!

@abbydabbydoodlebug: I've done nothing to prep for this baby either. I'm not even sure where he will sleep/if we will do a nursery - I'm waiting until after Christmas! One project at a time!

@yellowbeach: That is so pretty!

17. ValentineMommy

pomelo / 5791 posts

@lilteacherbee: @bubblegum: @abbydabbydoodlebug: @psw27: Yay for feeling movement for all of us!!!!!

@lilteacherbee: Our anatomy scan is Friday as well....I can not wait. I'm SO anxious about it - we haven't seen her since something like 7w. It's been such a long time. I'm praying everything is alright.

After our anatomy scan, we will be moving DS1 into DS2's room and starting on painting!!!!! I ordered her crib last week while it was on sale, and can not wait to get started!!!

18. lilteacherbee

cantaloupe / 6791 posts

@ValentineMommy: We had a scan at 11 weeks, but that seems like forever ago! I secretly want visual confirmation that she is, in fact, a girl I trust the genetic tests more than an ultrasound, but I still have this feeling that they'll be like "just kidding, it's a boy!" Haha I mean, I'd be fine with a third boy, but I've just now gotten used to the idea of having a daughter!

19. JennyPenny

nectarine / 2460 posts

@lilteacherbee: @ValentineMommy: @psw27: My anatomy scan is Thursday! It's going to be an exciting week

@abbydabbydoodlebug: My emotional breakdowns have nothing to do with the holidays. But I can. not. deal. with the bus crash in Tennessee. The mention of it, or pictures or anything just send me into a giant ball of tears instantly. I'm not someone who can say "I never cry" but I can usually hold it together a bit better than when I'm pregnant. That story totally sends me over the edge though...

20. bubblegum

pear / 1717 posts

@ValentineMommy: YES!! Aww yay for you ultrasound!!! It's always amazing when you get to see your babe!

21. ValentineMommy

pomelo / 5791 posts

@lilteacherbee: I feel EXACTLY the same way!@

bubblegum: I can't wait!!!

22. mrsmacSLP

apricot / 308 posts

@yellowbeach: oh my goodness I love that bedding!

So this is all new to me, but little man doesn't appear to be a puncher/kicker and instead likes to roll? I feel weird movements which make me think of gas bubbles but they're so low and towards the front! Then it all gets hard and it stops. I feel it a minimum of 4 times a day! Is this normal?!

23. yellowbeach

nectarine / 2648 posts

@mrsmacSLP: that's exactly how my movements started. 2 weeks of that and now I have transitioned to little punches and what I had anticipated movement would actually feel like.

24. JennyPenny

nectarine / 2460 posts

@mrsmacSLP: that's how it's been for me with this one. And I'm just now getting kicks and tickles. It was the opposite with my first so I suspect anything is normal

25. bubblegum

pear / 1717 posts

@ValentineMommy: I can imagine!!

I had an appt last night. I can't believe tomorrow I'll be 20 weeks. I feel like this pregnancy is zooming by so fast. With DS I felt like I was pregnant for years and now I'm like wait a minute I haven't done anything. She would hardly stay still so the doctor could get her heartbeat. I was also told I could possibly have a "placenta previa" I think that's what he said. And that might be why I'm not feeling the kicks as much because he said he can for sure feel her moving. She's a slick little one!

26. ValentineMommy

pomelo / 5791 posts

@bubblegum: Placenta previa or Anterior placenta? I had anterior placenta with ds2 and didn't feel him for forever....and I'm betting I have it again this time. It just means the placenta is in front, basically a cushion between you and baby. I was just talking about how the pregnancy is flying by too - but I have a feeling it's going to really slow down once the holidays are over!

27. bubblegum

pear / 1717 posts

@ValentineMommy: Yes!! That's the one! lol ahhh got ya! I'll have to look into that. Sounds interesting. Hahaha it probably will! I feel like the month before is always the longest.

28. mrsmacSLP

apricot / 308 posts

@yellowbeach: @JennyPenny: thanks! That's reassuring! He's a roller for sure!

29. JennyPenny

nectarine / 2460 posts

@ValentineMommy: @bubblegum: Totally agree on this pregnancy flying by. I feel like with my first it was just on my mind all the time and I spent the whole 9 months preparing. Now it really only crosses my mind when baby kicks a bunch or when I struggle to move in some way. It blows my mind that by the end of the holidays I'll be almost to the 3rd tri (and some of you will be there already!!!)

30. MOMTOLITTLEB

persimmon / 1188 posts

We had our anatomy scan yesterday and baby looks good, no concerns. It was very exciting but I'm having a rough week otherwise. I had a kidney stone, went to the hospital and when I came out, someone had hit my car pretty badly. I did pass the stone later that night, so that was good but feeling overwhelmed with my health the past couple of weeks, work and now needing to figure out my car repairs, carseat replacement, etc. My son has been acting up a bit probably not getting enough of my attention so I'm glad I'm feeling better and can do more. It's hard to even focus on the baby but it sure was nice to see him/her this week!

31. bubblegum

pear / 1717 posts

@JennyPenny: Agreed! It's mind blowing. Last night someone asked me if I have started working on the baby's room and I haven't. With DS I had everything ready at least two-three months before he was born and had started the process super early. This poor baby girl lol I haven't done anything.

32. JennyPenny

nectarine / 2460 posts

@MOMTOLITTLEB: Oh my! That sounds like a really stressful week. Did the person who hit your car leave any info or anything, or did you just find it damaged? I'm glad baby is doing well at least.

33. MOMTOLITTLEB

persimmon / 1188 posts

@JennyPenny: It was a 16 year old girl, she left a note we couldn't really read. BUT an angel of a witness left their own note with her license plate number and their own number in case we needed anything. We called the police who got in touch with the girl's parents and they're going to pay for damages either directly or through insurance. We filed a report with the police as a backup. Hopefully it will go relatively smoothly, but not what I want to deal with at this point!

34. lilteacherbee

cantaloupe / 6791 posts

@MOMTOLITTLEB: So stressful!! Hope it all works out, but I can imagine that's not how you wanted to spend your week! Glad you had a good appointment and anatomy scan, though!

@bubblegum: @JennyPenny: @ValentineMommy: Totally agree on it flying by! I feel like my first pregnancy was so slow, my second went by way more quickly, and this one is going at lightning speed! I can't believe I'm almost at the halfway point already

35. bubblegum

pear / 1717 posts

@lilteacherbee: Whoot whoot!!!

36. psw27

pomelo / 5220 posts

@MOMTOLITTLEB: wow I am so sorry you are going through all of that! Thank goodness for the good Samaritan who left a legible note. Glad your appointment went well otherwise, and your kidney stone has passed (oof.) what a week for you!

@lilteacherbee: @JennyPenny: @bubblegum: @ValentineMommy: I feel like weeks 6-12 dragged by because I was so sick and was just praying to hit the second trimester and feel better (haha... that only helped 50%). But all the sudden things are going super fast! Can't believe I'm 19 weeks - since I had my DS at 34 weeks I'm a little freaked out about how fast things are going since we haven't done anything to prepare!

37. bubblegum

pear / 1717 posts

@psw27: That would make me extra nervous if I had an early labor with LO1.

38. psw27

pomelo / 5220 posts

@bubblegum: It's constantly on my mind, to say the least. There is this nagging anxiety but I am doing everything I can to keep this one cooking longer so I am remaining positive.... Except on Wednesdays around 4:30 when I'm getting a huge needle in the bum and I'm cursing! hahahaha... it's worth it though

39. bubblegum

pear / 1717 posts

@psw27: Good for you for doing all that you can to keep that baby in the oven!!

40. psw27

pomelo / 5220 posts

I had my anatomy scan last night. It didn't go perfectly. The baby has a choroid plexus cyst in his brain, which is a marker for Trisomy 18. I had to get further blood testing done yesterday. Most of my Dr. Google research says that they are harmless, resolve and don't indicate Trisomy in otherwise normal ultrasounds but of course I'm kind of a wreck about it. So yeah... I get to wait 7-10 days now... Blah.

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee