Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

April 2018 POAS

1. afc061018

apricot / 301 posts

@Ginaandcorey: You too! Curious to see what kinds of side effects I end up with. I'll let you know.

I did have a funny moment when I picked up the prescription and the pharmacist said, "I just need to confirm that you aren't pregnant or planning to become pregnant while taking this medication." I was like, "Ummm I'm hoping it GETS me pregnant." XD She burst out laughing and then understood. I laughed, too, then got home and kind of cringed. I guess that's what happens when you take something "off label."

2. MrsMom

kiwi / 568 posts

@afc061018: I had to do 2 Blood thinner injections a day throughout my last pregnancy and I will have to again when I do get pregnant. I'm not sure where the trigger shots go (I always image the Hip/butt, but I have no idea LOL) but mine had to go in my abdomen. I was OK doing them myself the first month, then it started psyching me out and my husband ended up having to do them for me. Its definitely hard to wrap your mind around doing it. It's much easier and a lot less stressful if you have someone that can do it for you.

3. afc061018

apricot / 301 posts

This comment has been deleted by the original poster.

4. afc061018

apricot / 301 posts

Sorry for the deletion; something weird happened and my comment double-posted by accident.

@MrsMom: Oh, interesting! My husband has already said he doesn't think he can inject me, and I wasn't surprised. I was already expecting to be the one to do it, and I'm okay with it (I think), I'm just the kind of person who wants a lot of info to help myself feel prepared. They're going to train me at the u/s, so that'll be interesting. I don't know where it goes either, but I think the abdomen? I'll let you know as I learn!

5. Ginaandcorey

cherry / 161 posts

@afc061018: pharmacist conversations are the best. My husband picked up a prescription for antibiotics for me last week and the pharmacist told him to be careful because they can cause birth control to fail. He laughed and said, "yeah, last week she picked up something to HELP us get pregnant, so I'm not worried."

6. Sams Mom

grapefruit / 4492 posts

shots aren't too bad, I haven't had to do injectables for TTC yet, but I've given myself Vitamin B shots, and I've stabbed my husband with an epipen and I've given livestock and pets shots. Just make it a fast smooth motion and you'll be all good!

7. MrsMom

kiwi / 568 posts

@afc061018: That's good they'll give you training. It shouldn't be too bad.

@Sams Mom: I've always done my own shots on my animals but something just felt different giving it to myself while I was pregnant LOL, One time I went to do it and my son kicked/punched me right when I went to jab it. (it was the first time i had seen movement from the outside) so it really freaked me out and I threw up my hands and said well now I can't do it LOL.

8. MrsMom

kiwi / 568 posts

@afc061018: @Ginaandcorey: Oh my gosh those Pharmacy convos are hilarious!!

9. Sams Mom

grapefruit / 4492 posts

@MrsMom: That would have made me a little jumpy too!

10. motherunner

coffee bean / 32 posts

@afc061018: I’ve done injections for IUI and most you can just do in your belly by yourself. For my cycle the amount was pre- measured so no drawing up with a needle you just pinch a little fat and stick it in and push like a standard Epi pen. It is super easy and the pinching takes away the sting so you barely feel it. They did change my trigger shot to IM one cycle so that had to go in your butt so I needed assistance on that! If you’re braver or more flexible than me you may be able to do it yourself 😜

11. afc061018

apricot / 301 posts

@motherunner: Thanks for sharing this! The pinching trick is interesting. I can only imagine trying to twist around to do the IM yourself

12. BadgerMom

persimmon / 1385 posts

Solid smiley finally! My surge is actually right on time, but the six days of blinking smileys made me think it would happen earlier. Fingers crossed for a good egg lol.

13. MamaBear87

nectarine / 2288 posts

@BadgerMom: yay! The end of bd is in sight!!

my temp dropped last night and I'm drinking too much water to get a positive on an opk so who knows when o is coming 😂 upside we had sex twice yesterday with no issue!

14. Ginaandcorey

cherry / 161 posts

@BadgerMom: excellent! I hope your eggs are big and healthy!
    @MamaBear87: horray for good sex!

15. Sams Mom

grapefruit / 4492 posts

@BadgerMom: Yay! You're finally there!

@MamaBear87: Good!

Good luck to everyone

16. MrsMom

kiwi / 568 posts

@BadgerMom: YAY!!!!

@MamaBear87: I'm so glad to hear you're getting back to your normal LOL. My temp has been dropping all week, but my sleep has been horrible so maybe that's why?? I just found out that it's not good to have diluted urine for OPK (I don't know how i missed that) but I gave up soda and increased my water intake tremendously. So now I don't know what to do, do I slow my water intake?

17. BadgerMom

persimmon / 1385 posts

@MrsMom: I try to drink a lot in the am and slow it down after lunch and then I try not to go to the bathroom 3 hours before my estimated POAS time. Some days it works better than others. Yesterday I left work a little early because I had to pee sooooo bad at 4:30 and didn’t have any opks with me.

18. MamaBear87

nectarine / 2288 posts

@MrsMom: im dealing with other weirdness obviously but my normal water intake, about 6 or so glasses, doesn't seem to effect my opks. Even drinking a gallon a day the last 2 days I still have some line so it might just be more subjective if you're drinking a ton of water

19. MamaBear87

nectarine / 2288 posts

@BadgerMom: just keep in mind it's not holding it. It's just the lack of liquids you're drinking. So if you pee every hour, as long as you don't drink anything for 3 it's same dilution. Just a bit chancy to have any left if you pee too much

20. BadgerMom

persimmon / 1385 posts

@MamaBear87: I didn’t know that! That will make my afternoons much more bearable lolol

21. MrsMom

kiwi / 568 posts

@MamaBear87: I usually drink about 30oz in the time frame before my afternoon opk and another 70oz in the time before my evening opk. So I should be ok?

22. MamaBear87

nectarine / 2288 posts

@MrsMom: if you're seeing a line progression you should be fine I would think

23. MrsMom

kiwi / 568 posts

@MamaBear87: Thanks, I just read the File on Ava Ambassadors page about the myth of holding your pee (which coincided with exactly what you said). Very informative!!

24. MamaBear87

nectarine / 2288 posts

@MrsMom: hope you got a positive finally! And apparently that much water doesn't mess up too much!

And as my hubby just looked at me like I have 2 heads. This looks pretty positive to me?

25. Ginaandcorey

cherry / 161 posts

@MamaBear87: that is soooo positive.

26. MamaBear87

nectarine / 2288 posts

@Ginaandcorey: haha thank god we can finally stop having sex soon 😂😂 ttc is so glamorous

27. MrsMom

kiwi / 568 posts

@MamaBear87: wow that’s a good positive! I ovulate late with clomid so I still have a few more days before I expect to see it, however Ava moved my fertility window and gave me peak today but OPKs are still light.

28. MamaBear87

nectarine / 2288 posts

@MrsMom: ava hasn't done the best job with hitting my o day but my cycle has been different almost every cycle I've had her. Keep hoping it will even out and then something weird happens

I see people with crazy positives all the time in the ava group so I always feel like mine are just barely positive 😂

29. Sams Mom

grapefruit / 4492 posts

Got 3-4 days to O most likely, but this is my life right now

30. MrsMom

kiwi / 568 posts

@Sams Mom: hahaha I’m so with you on that!!

31. Sams Mom

grapefruit / 4492 posts

@MrsMom: and the insomnia is in full swing, yaaaay.

32. Sams Mom

grapefruit / 4492 posts

@MamaBear87: my OPKs are never that dark! I know it just has to be as dark or darker than the control, but I wish mine weren't so light. I've trained my husband in the rules of reading OPKs because I'm not quite sure sometimes.

But the down side is he doesn't understand that faint lines are even positive on HPTs

Good luck and fingers crossed for you!

33. Ginaandcorey

cherry / 161 posts

How do you all feel about cold meds during the tww? I'm of the opinion that you drink til it's pink but hadn't thought about cold meds.

34. Sams Mom

grapefruit / 4492 posts

@Ginaandcorey: I don't see the problem, you're not sharing a blood supply until the placenta is formed at 4 weeks or so. If you can drink took it's pink, may as well not be miserable until it's pink.

35. MamaBear87

nectarine / 2288 posts

@Sams Mom: i think it sometimes depends on the brand too. And someone told me to watch the test when you dip and wait until the dye gets to the beginning of the test window to pull it out. That seems to help

36. MamaBear87

nectarine / 2288 posts

@Ginaandcorey: you actually don't share a blood supply until at the earliest 5 weeks, sometimes later. The only thing I limit in the tww is really hot baths and even then you can do short dips you just don't want to stay in and heat up your core temp

37. MamaBear87

nectarine / 2288 posts

I really want to go to this fantastic hot springs and spa this coming weekend. I'm totally ok with not doing the hot springs but my hubby wants to....should I let him? Or is that too sperm killing if we have to try again next month?

38. MsHangry

apricot / 422 posts

Cycle Day: 17
    TTC Cycle: 1
    Ovulation Date: 4/26
    POAS Date: 4/4
    Baby #: 2

Had my IUD removed at the beginning of March. Last round of TTC, I did BBT, but I have lost my thermometer over the years. I am trying OPK for the first time this cycle but don’t really have the hang of it. Anyway, I’ll get more of my act in gear after I have a period and know how long my cycle is now and everything. However, I’ll still POAS in April

39. Sams Mom

grapefruit / 4492 posts

@MamaBear87: I would think he has plenty of time to rally the troops of the trip is next week. I would imagine it only hurts the swimmers that are present at the time, and maybe the next round or so, but you'd be good by the time you came back around to fertile period. Fingers crossed you don't have to try again though!

40. afc061018

apricot / 301 posts

April Poas

POAS Date
    Ginaandcorey: 4/2
    Lilyofthewest: 4/3-4/6?
    Mshangry: 4/4
    Motherunner: 4/6
    MrsMom: 4/8
    Mamabear87: 4/4
    Badgermom: 4/5
    Lazb: 4/12ish
    Sams-mom: 4/13
    AFC061018: 4/16

All the this month! Any updates please reply.

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee