Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

April 2018 POAS

1. Ginaandcorey

cherry / 161 posts

@yellowbeach: wow! That is so exciting! What a blessing for your family, especially after your traumatizing incident with your lo a few weeks ago.

2. Sams Mom

grapefruit / 4492 posts

@yellowbeach: I'm so happy for you! Congratulations!

3. Sams Mom

grapefruit / 4492 posts

This comment has been deleted by the original poster.

4. Spinny

cherry / 125 posts

@Sams Mom: Isn't it funny how things happen sometimes? I actually got pregnant shortly after my son turned 1, as soon as we decided to try, but I ended up losing that pregnancy. Hopefully this is your month (and mine)! Good luck!

5. MrsMom

kiwi / 568 posts

Sorry for so many questions....

Do you keep testing after you get a positive OPK? And if it's lighter the next day, what does that mean?

I had a two positives yesterday mid morning & evening. I haven't tested yet today and kinda want to know what I should expect. I can definitely feel my ovaries doing something since yesterday afternoon.

6. BadgerMom

persimmon / 1385 posts

@yellowbeach: Congrats!!!

@MrsMom: I usually do, but I don't take it to mean a whole lot. Anecdotally, when I get two postive opks my temp rise doesn't come until a day after the second positive. But based on cm observations I still think I ovulate on the day after the first positive just maybe later in the day taking my my body longer to for the temp to rise.

7. Sams Mom

grapefruit / 4492 posts

@MrsMom: Sometimes I continue to test, but I almost always only get one positive no matter how much I test.

If it's lighter that just means your LH is dropping off and ovulation has happened/happening/about to happen. I imagine if you test today it will probably be lighter than it was yesterday. (But this is all speculation)

8. BadgerMom

persimmon / 1385 posts

@MrsMom: Oh I thought of another thing. Are you using cheapies or digital? I think the digitals have a higher LH threshold because I've only ever gotten one positive with them, always on the first positive cheapie day. When I test with a digital on my second day of positive on a cheapie it has always come up negative with the same urine.

9. MrsMom

kiwi / 568 posts

@BadgerMom: @Sams Mom: So I just did one and the test line is now darker than the control!! so now I don't know what to think. My temp only went down 1.0 from yesterday. I'm using cheapies this time so I'm not used to reading them. I used the Clearblue advanced my last pregnancy and it did all the work for me

10. Sams Mom

grapefruit / 4492 posts

@MrsMom: I downloaded the easy@Home app, and found it to help a lot with reading the cheapies. You line the control line up with a line on the screen and take a picture, it then compares them to each other. It's not 100% because lining the control line up is kind of a pain, but its nice to have for a second opinion.

11. MrsMom

kiwi / 568 posts

@Sams Mom: I do have that app and have been using it, I just uploaded the test and it says today's my peak I guess. I'm hoping I ovulate soon. I'm having a lot of "fullness" where my ovaries are so hopefully the Clomid is doing its job.

How's everyone else doing??

12. Sams Mom

grapefruit / 4492 posts

@MrsMom: I am having the same giant ovaries feeling! Based on CM and temp I think I'll get my positive OPK tomorrow, then O the next day. My toddler was also bouncing on my stomach last night making it feel so amazing.

13. BadgerMom

persimmon / 1385 posts

@MrsMom: I would say if today is one of those “no question” positive opks then today probably is your peak. You probably just caught yesterday on the upswing. I usually get the “no question” opk first and then the positive but lighter the next day. I bet you’ll ovulate sometime today or early tomorrow.

14. MrsMom

kiwi / 568 posts

@Sams Mom: Oh my gosh YES! DS kept climbing on me last night....cringe worthy! I looked back at my info for when I got pregnant with him and I ovulated CD19 on clomid so I'm right on track with it, CD 18 today. What CD are you now?

15. MrsMom

kiwi / 568 posts

@BadgerMom: Yes it's definitely a no question positive today! I got a lot of BDing in so hopefully the timing works out.

@BadgerMom: @Sams Mom: Thank you both soo much for your help!!

16. Sams Mom

grapefruit / 4492 posts

@MrsMom: I'm on CD13. Before Clomid I ovulated on CD 12, rarely CD 13. My first month on Clomid I ovulated on CD 14, and that appears to be what's going to happen this time. I'm hoping since I'm noticing how big my ovaries are this month that I'll get a good egg! We didn't BD last night, but did the 3 nights before, I told him this morning that we should do 3 more days straight to cover our bases.

17. MrsMom

kiwi / 568 posts

@Sams Mom: That makes sense, I ovulated late if I ever ovulated at all. I agree, I'm hoping the uncomfortable feeling is a good sign, I remember being very uncomfortable and even thinking about not doing another clomid cycle when I got pregnant the last time so here's to hoping history repeats itself! Do you think it's a bad idea to use a heated rice-sack to help ease it?

18. LAZB

pomegranate / 3904 posts

I’m CD12 today, super light opk, and usually it would have started getting kind of dark by cd10, so not sure what’s going on with that. Also, lots of ewcm, so that doesn’t line up with opks at all 🤷‍♀️

19. BadgerMom

persimmon / 1385 posts

@LAZB: My opks usually ease into positive too, but last cycle it went from barely there to whoa! super dark from one day to the next. Hopefully you'll get a positive here soon!

20. Sams Mom

grapefruit / 4492 posts

@MrsMom: I literally had the same thought this morning when it was hurting so bad!

I'm not sure, I took ibuprofen this morning only because my doctor said it's ok for TTC and actually in the first part of your pregnancy, but they say none at all because it's easier to remember that instead of it's ok until week XYZ (which is solid reasoning because he told me what week even when I wasn't pregnant and I still can't remember).

I don't know how much heat is ok? I mean you can still take hot showers and I can't imagine that would be much worse. Sorry I'm not very helpful.

21. LAZB

pomegranate / 3904 posts

@BadgerMom: interesting! Maybe I’ll take another tonight to check

22. MrsMom

kiwi / 568 posts

@LAZB: Mine the day before my first positive was pretty light still, I though I had several more days to go. Keep checking!!

23. MrsMom

kiwi / 568 posts

@Sams Mom: I think I'll have to take something soon. standing seems to help. I keep taking breaks from my work and walking around the office. I'm going to try to hold off on too much heat unless I really need it just in case. I so hope this is our month!!! Makes sense, I can't remember half of what the Dr says once I exit the building LOL

24. yellowbeach

nectarine / 2648 posts

@Sams Mom: nSAIDs are contraindicated in pregnancy, especially 3rd trimester (specifically starting at 30 weeks) because they are shown to promote non-closure of the ductus arteriosus (a small hole in the heart that is open in utero, but closes after birth). I definitely wouldn't take them at any point in pregnancy personally.

25. Sams Mom

grapefruit / 4492 posts

@yellowbeach: I haven't and won't, but I was worried about treating a possible cyst rupture with it because I was in my TWW and was supposed to take it for a week. I asked my doctor and he told me it was fine and wouldn't hurt anything and is even ok up until a certain point in your pregnancy because it can cause major issues.

26. karenbme

persimmon / 1419 posts

Late to the party, I know, but jumping in!

Cycle Day: 4
    TTC Cycle: 2 (started in Feb, but skipped March for timing reasons)
    Ovulation Date: 4/7 (best guess)
    POAS Date: 4/23
    Baby #: 1

27. yellowbeach

nectarine / 2648 posts

@karenbme: Rooting for you as a fellow scientist!

28. karenbme

persimmon / 1419 posts

@yellowbeach: Thanks, and congratulations on your BFP!

29. Sams Mom

grapefruit / 4492 posts

Got a blazing positive on my OPK last night!

30. yellowbeach

nectarine / 2648 posts

@Sams Mom: Woohoo! BD time!

31. MrsMom

kiwi / 568 posts

@Sams Mom: YES!!!!

32. Sams Mom

grapefruit / 4492 posts

@MrsMom: I'm hoping BDing 6/7 days in my fertile week will work... and the painfully large left ovary

33. afc061018

apricot / 301 posts

April Poas

POAS Date
    Ginaandcorey: 4/2
    Lilyofthewest: 4/3-4/6?
    Mshangry: 4/4
    Badgermom: 4/5
    Motherunner: 4/6
    MrsMom: 4/8
    Mamabear87: 4/9
    Lazb: 4/12ish
    Sams-mom: 4/13
    Spinny: 4/14
    AFC061018: 4/16
    Karenbme: 4/23

All the this month! Any updates please reply.

34. MrsMom

kiwi / 568 posts

@Sams Mom: I'm mainly hurting on my left side too, but my right was hurting yesterday so who knows. That's a good amount of BD I hope it works! I wanted to BD this morning since I feel like my egg is going to drop today, but it didn't happen and now I'm feeling defeated already. Do you think it's more painful when the egg is about to release or when it actually does release? I had quite a bit of pain last night (like it hurt in inhale) but today I'm just kinda sore. My temp didn't rise this morning, but maybe it wouldn't have time if I ovulated last night?

UGH I'm already over analyzing!!!! I'm such a crazy person!

35. Sams Mom

grapefruit / 4492 posts

@MrsMom: First, I feel you on the crazy lady aspect, but it'll buff out. My friend (not ttc) asked me other day what ways I track my cycle. I asked if she meant number of apps or ways of tracking, she said both. I might have a few apps (like the calendar view on one more, the community more on the other, and the OPK camera on the other), and I temp, track CM, and use OPKs. I really wish I knew what my husband really thinks when I'm updating him on the current situation.

From what I have read the worst pain is right before and during ovulation, but it also varies in women.

36. MrsMom

kiwi / 568 posts

@Sams Mom: Oh yes I have one app I use for the calendar/Graph, another for the community, one for Opk pics and one for my Ava bracelet. I think DH would think I'm nuts if he really knew how many I have HAHA. This TWW is going to be killer! At least I know i'm not alone.

37. afc061018

apricot / 301 posts

@MrsMom: I think your temp would have risen if you'd already ovulated. And I've read that ovulation pain is not directly related to actual ovulation but the follicles developing, so it's not necessarily something to track ovulation by.

38. MrsMom

kiwi / 568 posts

@afc061018: I'm not trying to track ovulation from the pain, I was more curious if on clomid, is the pain was more associated with prior to or during ovulation. I had my peak OPK yesterday morning so I'm assuming ovulation would've either occurred during the night or today. Today's opk is not positive but not super light either. Does a temp rise happen pretty quick after ovulation?

39. afc061018

apricot / 301 posts

@MrsMom: Oh sorry! I don't know about clomid, but I'm sorry it's been so painful. As for temp rise, there was a chart that BadgerMom posted back in February that showed how the LH rise doesn't have to necessarily correlate. Here's the link:

http://www.fertstert.org/action/showFullTextImages?pii=S0015-0282%2812%2902135-8

It is possible to have several peaks, so I wouldn't stop/assume ovulation until you see a temp shift. I can only speak from my experience, but I always saw a temp shift, either a spike or gradual rise, beginning the day after ovulation.

40. Sams Mom

grapefruit / 4492 posts

@MrsMom: my ovaries haven't really hurt much more today, a little here and there... But my boobs are absolutely killing me, between the constant ache and the occasional stabbing pain.

Have you had any pain like that? It never hurts this much around ovulation!

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee