Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

April 2018 POAS

1. MrsMom

kiwi / 568 posts

@afc061018: That's right, I forgot about that chart. I hope I can get some sort of sign soon.

@Sams Mom: My boobs are pretty tender to the touch and an occasional stabbing/burning. But I never pay much attention to them because I never stopped getting sensations after I stopped breastfeeding.

2. Sams Mom

grapefruit / 4492 posts

This comment has been deleted by the original poster.

3. Sams Mom

grapefruit / 4492 posts

This comment has been deleted by the original poster.

4. yellowbeach

nectarine / 2648 posts

Is it true that OPKs can’t tell the difference between LH and bHCG? Was reading on one site that people use their leftover OPKs to track pregnancy. Anyone do this?

5. Sams Mom

grapefruit / 4492 posts

@yellowbeach: I've read tons of ancedotal evidence with this, but you have to be pretty late for it to work from what I've seen. What I have found is HCG and LH are very similar in their makeup.

The easiest way I've seen it explained is HCG & LH are twins, but HCG is wearing a hat. LH tests are looking for one of the twins, and HCG tests are looking for the hat.

I don't know what HCG levels it takes to show on an OPK though

6. yellowbeach

nectarine / 2648 posts

@Sams Mom: interesting... makes sense on the organic chemistry side of things - never realized they are that similar.

7. Sams Mom

grapefruit / 4492 posts

@yellowbeach: I'm going to have to spend sometime researching this when I need to look busy at work. 🤣

8. yellowbeach

nectarine / 2648 posts

Also I was looking online for the CLearblue Weeks Estimator tests but they seem to be off the market. Anyone know the scoop?

9. afc061018

apricot / 301 posts

I have heard of people doing this, but I've also read that it's not foolproof and should be taken with a grain of salt. I only tried it once, when I needed to test bc AF hadn't arrived and I didn't have any HPTs and I figured what the heck. (It was stark white. *eye roll at myself*).

10. Ms.Mermaid

kiwi / 745 posts

@yellowbeach: I definitely took a few OPKs when I was POAS a lot after my BFP. They would look like very positive ovulation tests. But I’ve also never had a stark white test, there is always a bit of a line.

11. Sams Mom

grapefruit / 4492 posts

@yellowbeach: They were pulled off the market because of a lawsuit. People weren't reading the box and was taking the week estimate as how far along they were, instead of weeks since ovulation.

12. karenbme

persimmon / 1419 posts

This whole conversation is blowing my mind right now. Never even thought about off label uses for OPKs!

13. Ginaandcorey

cherry / 161 posts

Tracking any symptom when TTC is pretty funny. Same day, both this cycle and last cycle (7dpo), I had a crazy realistic dream. I wish it was "hot flashes at night" which was my 7dpo symptom when I got pregnant the first time.

14. MamaBear87

nectarine / 2288 posts

@Ginaandcorey: i had vivid dreams with my daughter and I'm always looking for that symptom. Tww is the worst

15. MamaBear87

nectarine / 2288 posts

Sorry I've been so absent. I'm still battling some residual anxiety. I thought I had gotten past it and then yesterday went to the zoo, didn't drink enough water and got too much sun. Felt a bit off driving home but of course the real anxiety waited for bedtime, finally got to sleep and woke up feeling ok. This is all new and awful for me, I have situational anxiety mostly so having it come for me at night in my own bed is horrible and makes it so I can't get away from it. Going to try and get in with my hubby's pcp but of course can't go until I get home from easter next week.

Sorry for the novel. Hope everyone isn't going too crazy with the tww

16. yellowbeach

nectarine / 2648 posts

@MamaBear87: I had a friend with something similar to what you are describing - she benefited from a 5 minute stretching routine just before crawling into bed. She said it helped her relax and center.

@Sams Mom: I was thinking it might have been something like that. I saw online a lot of posts where people would test, get the "1-2 weeks" result and then test only a day or two later and freak out when it still said "1-2 weeks."

17. MrsMom

kiwi / 568 posts

@yellowbeach: @Sams Mom: That's kinda sad that some people who didn't read the instructions can ruin something for everyone else.

18. MamaBear87

nectarine / 2288 posts

@yellowbeach: my hubby has read that stretching and yoga will help. I had a really weird reaction to acupuncture last week that triggered all of this so I'm hoping it will go away entirely soon

19. MamaBear87

nectarine / 2288 posts

@MrsMom: i read that they weren't that accurate anyway as early hcg can vary so wildly.

20. afc061018

apricot / 301 posts

@MamaBear87: I'm sorry you're still recovering. I have a friend who swears by meditation before bed. I think she uses the Headspace app? Might be something to try!

21. MrsMom

kiwi / 568 posts

@MamaBear87: I'm so sorry you're still struggling with this. I hope you can find something that will help you get more peace.

22. MrsMom

kiwi / 568 posts

@MamaBear87: I've never used them, I don't think they had them when I was pregnant, but I feel bad for the people who would like them.

23. Ginaandcorey

cherry / 161 posts

@MamaBear87: I'm so sorry you're still struggling with this. I hope you can get some help for it soon.

I've always heard vivid dreams are a sign and so I got encouraged last month. I'm not making the same mistake this month!

24. MamaBear87

nectarine / 2288 posts

Glad I can come here and talk about it at least! Today and last night haven't been as unmanageable but I'm already dreading tonight as my husband has to take clients out and likely won't be back until 10 or 11. Hopefully I'll feel ok and won't have to call and wake up my mom to talk to me 😭.

25. MamaBear87

nectarine / 2288 posts

@Ginaandcorey: i feel like everything is a symptom until it's not. It's seriously the worst

26. MamaBear87

nectarine / 2288 posts

@afc061018: thanks for the suggestion! I'm trying some YouTube yoga today. Always interesting with my 2 year old "helping"

27. afc061018

apricot / 301 posts

@MamaBear87: Ohhh I so relate, except mine is my dog Absolutely loves when I get out the yoga mat!

28. Sams Mom

grapefruit / 4492 posts

@MamaBear87: 2 year old "help" cracks me up. My husband has been working out extra because he had to recertify on the obstacle course for his department today. Well our son likes to sit on him like a pony when he's doing push-ups or lays across his stomach while doing crunches I just tell him it's an extra 34 lbs of resistance training 🤣

29. karenbme

persimmon / 1419 posts

@afc061018: Our lab LOVES to help with exercise, and mimics some of the moves we do. Ex. when DH or I do jumping jacks he jumps up and down next to or in front of us and when we do push ups he repeatedly stands up and lays down. He also knows what DH's running clothes look like and gets super excited when it's time to go for a run.

30. MamaBear87

nectarine / 2288 posts

@Sams Mom: this is exactly my little when my hubby tries to work out at home

31. Ginaandcorey

cherry / 161 posts

@karenbme: @MamaBear87: @Sams Mom: have you all introduced your littles into yoga at all? After my daughter kept hanging on me when I would try to do anything, I found Cosmic Kids Yoga on YouTube. Every kid I have ever introduced to it loves it.

@afc061018: my dog loves when I get down on the ground, too. She goes nuts...I have to lock her out of the room!

32. Sams Mom

grapefruit / 4492 posts

@Ginaandcorey: my sister and her best friend are into yoga, so Sam used to be "yoga baby" with them; but we don't get to see them as much anymore. I will have to show it to him and see what he does. My lab goes 100 mph anytime anyone is on the floor at his level. Sam wrestles with him which helps burn both their energy off some in the evening.

33. MamaBear87

nectarine / 2288 posts

@Ginaandcorey: I'll have to check it out!

34. justkeira

pea / 16 posts

Oh! I'll POAS again on April 2! AF is due on April 3.

I tested on a cheapy stick this morning got a faint line.

FRER website says I can test now but I won't try. Hahaha! I'll wait for more days.

35. BadgerMom

persimmon / 1385 posts

@MamaBear87: I’m so sorry you’re still dealing with the anxious feelings. I used to get panic attacks in highschool and I can still vividly remember how awful they were.

I’m having a major funk day. It’s never going to happen for us... DS was just a fluke... His fourth birthday is coming up in less than two months, why did we wait this long... Stupid house remodel... I know all these thoughts are not helpful but I can’t seem to help going down the rabbit hole sometimes.

36. Ginaandcorey

cherry / 161 posts

@MamaBear87: I'm glad you posted about anxiety in the main forum. I bet it will be a good way to talk it out and hear from others who experience it, as well.❤

37. Ginaandcorey

cherry / 161 posts

@BadgerMom: it really sucks. TTC sucks. Thinking our first babies were a fluke sucks. Not getting pregnant just blows. I'm sorry you're struggling so much. ❤

38. BadgerMom

persimmon / 1385 posts

@Ginaandcorey: Thank you. I actually had been feeling pretty good about the whole TTC situation lately until today. I woke up with a migraine and laid in bed all day. I think it gave me too much time to think. It’s subsided now so I’m hoping tomorrow will be a better day!

39. MamaBear87

nectarine / 2288 posts

@Ginaandcorey: me too. Hopefully someone will chime in with some magic cure 😂. I've been struggling all day but it's worse when it's dark. And then I think of Labradorlover and just hug my little tight and try to remember it will go away

@BadgerMom: this whole week has been like that for me. Some days just suck. This whole anxiety thing has given me some perspective though.

40. Ginaandcorey

cherry / 161 posts

I had a bad night last night. I was up at 3am and didn't fall back to sleep until 5. I was worried about being so old (40 - my birthday is in November) and my daughter being old (6 in June) and having waaaay too big a gap. Please tell me no gap is too big when it comes to siblings. That's all I think I need this morning.

At least I was productive at 3am...my husband was sleeping in the office b/c I have a cough so I did a load of laundry, folded a basket of laundry, made an appt with my PCP for my annual visit, watched an episode of Property Brothers and an episode of Chopped... Oh, and made sure the tooth fairy came, she lost her 2nd bottom tooth yesterday.

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee