Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

April 2018 POAS

1. afc061018

apricot / 301 posts

@Ginaandcorey: @karenbme: Mine is a labrador too!

@justkeira: I'm sorry I missed having you on the updates list. I must have missed it. I'll update it now.

@BadgerMom: I wasn't prepared for the up and down of TTC when we first started. I was so naive to it. And migraines definitely don't help! Hoping you have a positive day today.

@Ginaandcorey: I have a seven year gap with my younger siblings. It never stopped me from loving them and playing with them and making the best childhood memories with them. Gaps might change the type of relationship children have with one another, but they don't remove the ability to share love and memories together. Chin up!

2. afc061018

apricot / 301 posts

April Poas

POAS Date
    Ginaandcorey: 4/2
    Justkeira: 4/2
    Lilyofthewest: 4/3-4/6?
    Mshangry: 4/4
    Badgermom: 4/5
    Motherunner: 4/6
    MrsMom: 4/8
    Mamabear87: 4/9
    Lazb: 4/12ish
    Sams-mom: 4/13
    Spinny: 4/14
    AFC061018: 4/16
    Karenbme: 4/23

All the this month! Any updates please reply.

3. Ginaandcorey

cherry / 161 posts

Does anyone else have the problem of seeing that others have posted but can't see their new posts on this thread? It looks like @afc061018 has posted something but I don't see it, the last comment I see it mine. It's happened a couple times now, very weird.

Edit...after I posted, I see them.

4. BadgerMom

persimmon / 1385 posts

@Ginaandcorey: I’m sorry! That was probably my fault putting those ideas in your head 😞

I personally know two cases of large age gaps. My best friend through school had a sister that was 7-8 years younger and my sil/bil have two boys that are 10 years apart. As far as I could tell they both loved their little siblings and enjoyed them immensely. And although the relationship may have been a bit different than a typical sibling relationship they have remained very close.

5. afc061018

apricot / 301 posts

@Ginaandcorey: YES! I've refreshing a ton wondering if I needed to retype everything again!

6. BadgerMom

persimmon / 1385 posts

@Ginaandcorey: Yep, mine was doing the same thing too. Looks like its working now

7. afc061018

apricot / 301 posts

My first IUI is Monday!! Two follicles measuring at 16. Triggering Saturday night!

8. BadgerMom

persimmon / 1385 posts

@afc061018:

9. Sams Mom

grapefruit / 4492 posts

@Ginaandcorey: I've been having that problem when the thread adds another page. So thats why I have a couple deleted comments because I would have to comment a couple times for it to finally show that there is a page 6 now or a page 7 now.

I feel like this is going to be the longest TWW ever! The first half of this cycle dragged by, and now I'm only 2 DPO and it seems like its been a week already.

10. Ginaandcorey

cherry / 161 posts

@afc061018: Oooo - Good luck!!

Do you mind if I ask what brought you to the IUI stage? I'm sure you've shared this before and I forgot, but if you don't mind sharing again? I've been researching it (okay, it was one of the many things I did last night when I couldn't sleep...) and am curious to see how well it works!

ETA....and I just found your responses on the IUI board.

11. Sams Mom

grapefruit / 4492 posts

@afc061018:

I'm torn on if and how many cycles of IUI to try, I still have a few rounds of just clomid left before I'm referred for IUI + trigger + clomid. Off to lurk on IUI boards

12. Ginaandcorey

cherry / 161 posts

@BadgerMom: absolutely not. TTC just takes our minds to bad places.
    @BadgerMom: @afc061018: thanks for the responses on large age gaps. They help. I only know of one - my husband and his sisters who are 6 and 7 years older than him and they don't get along, which makes me so sad. Our nephew is graduating high school this year and we only know b/c his parents told us.

13. BadgerMom

persimmon / 1385 posts

@Ginaandcorey: I think it has a lot more to do with personality than anything else. I think we "think" closeness in age = closeness in relationship because there is probably just a much bigger sample set of siblings close in age, and therefore you hear more about them, but I've also come across a lot of close in age siblings that don't have a close relationship... I wonder if there are actual studies out there?

14. MrsMom

kiwi / 568 posts

@afc061018: Wishing you so much luck for your IUI!!

@Sams Mom: I'm 2dpo today too! and I've already been thinking this tww is going to be so long.

15. Sams Mom

grapefruit / 4492 posts

@MrsMom: It's driving me bonkers. I said I wasn't going to test until I was late this month, but if it is going to drag like this I'll be testing on 9 dpo like a crazy lady again.

16. BadgerMom

persimmon / 1385 posts

@Sams Mom: I already decided to f'it. I'm starting on Sunday (8 dpo)

17. MrsMom

kiwi / 568 posts

@Ginaandcorey: I have 5 brothers one 4.5years older. then I have 2years younger, 4 years younger, 12 years younger, and 16 years younger. I'm closest to my older brother and youngest. But our age makes each of our relationships different and unique. Like I got along great with my older brother, yet my two youngest brothers are about the same age difference and they don't get along at all. It's all what you make it.

Sorry if that was hard to follow LOL

18. MrsMom

kiwi / 568 posts

@Sams Mom: Yes! LOL I already have my POAS date for the 8th because I know that's when i'll start "secretly" testing anyway HAHA.

19. karenbme

persimmon / 1419 posts

@Ginaandcorey: No gap is too big! I LOVED my 6 years younger brother when I was a kid and made time to hang out with him up until I went away to college and then over summers. Now I'm closest out of all my sibs with my 12 years younger sister. She was barely in elementary school when I left the house, but we really started bonding when she became a teenager and needed someone to vent to about our parents, and even though we didn't really grow up together in the traditional sense, we just get each other, and it's great. Meanwhile my 2 years older sister and I have never gotten along/don't see eye to eye on much, it 100% depends on the kids.

20. karenbme

persimmon / 1419 posts

@afc061018: Good luck!!

21. Sams Mom

grapefruit / 4492 posts

@MrsMom: I ran out of cheapie test strips last month and have 2 cheap midstream sticks and 2 Digitals that have made it through 3 cycles because they are for confirmation only. Debating on if I need to order more cheapies or if I will have the will power to only use the 2 midstreams...

22. afc061018

apricot / 301 posts

Thanks, everyone!!

@Ginaandcorey: I'm happy to answer any questions! Our history is that we started NTNP in 2016 (at 33), started full-on TTC in 2017, and here we are. Never had a positive HPT and never been pregnant. We thought we'd be like all our friends and try for a couple months and be pregnant. Sigh. We should've gone to the RE much earlier than we did, but we delayed because my dad passed suddenly and we took some TTC time off while I grieved. I can and do kick myself a lot over how long we waited to get help, but it's just the way life worked for us and here we are.

We started seeing the RE in February, had bloodwork, u/s, genetic testing, HSG, and semen analysis, and now we're doing our first medicated IUI. They say we have a 10% chance of conceiving with this IUI. It's lower than that on our own due to our ages, how long we've been trying, possible endo symptoms on my end, and what are now 4 confirmed fibroids.

23. karenbme

persimmon / 1419 posts

@afc061018: If you don't mind me asking, did the RE say the fibroids would be a problem? I also have fibroids (2 of them), but according to my obgyn they shouldn't impact fertility.

24. LAZB

pomegranate / 3904 posts

Wow, this board has really taken off in the last few days!
    Nothing exciting here, but Finally getting darker opks, I’m hoping positive by tonight or tomorrow morning. I’ll try to respond to everyone while my kids are napping

25. MrsMom

kiwi / 568 posts

@Sams Mom: I have a 3 pack of FRER's. I may need to go buy some cheap ones. I got a positive at 9dpo with a frer last time, but i know every time is different. It's so hard to maintain the willpower!

26. Sams Mom

grapefruit / 4492 posts

@MrsMom: I have no idea how early I could have gotten one is the part that makes me so crazy sometimes. I didn't test until I was over 6 weeks along because he wasn't planned. The crazy is real.

27. Ginaandcorey

cherry / 161 posts

@MrsMom: @Sams Mom: I am going to be 12dpo on Monday when I see my PCP and need to have blood work done, so I'm going to have her grab a pregnancy result while I'm there. At least that will save me from buying more FRER's this month. It's really hard for the girl who always tried to see her Christmas presents early to wait until flo arrives to know for sure...

28. MrsMom

kiwi / 568 posts

@Ginaandcorey: That's brilliant! I'm so with you! As my mom always says "you have many virtues but patience is not one of them!"

29. Sams Mom

grapefruit / 4492 posts

@Ginaandcorey: @MrsMom: I have ZERO patience! I always give birthday and christmas presents early, like as soon as I get them. I snoop any chance I get on my husband to find out what my birthday or christmas or anniversary present is.

He even randomly proposed to me in the backyard while we were working on landscaping because if he tried to plan something I would have figured it out.

30. Ginaandcorey

cherry / 161 posts

@Sams Mom: hahaha! My husband had to do his spontaneously (got down on a knee by the back door while I had a cup of birdseed in my hand) to propose), too! @MrsMom: So funny. We are such spoilers.

31. MrsMom

kiwi / 568 posts

@Ginaandcorey: @Sams Mom: I had a feeling of what DH was getting me for Christmas and I seriously looked up the dimensions and measured the box I was right though, but i didn't tell him what I did LOL. Seriously horrible!!

ETA-spontaneous proposals are so cute!

32. BadgerMom

persimmon / 1385 posts

Ok so a bit off topic but... I want to go on a tropical vacation sooooo bad. My desire is getting worse with this long and cold spring. Is Zika still an issue? Are my only options the continental US or Hawaii? I think I’m transferring my hate for TTC into a hate for Zika lol.

33. Sams Mom

grapefruit / 4492 posts

@BadgerMom: Last time I was in my OBs office for my Clomid check he still had the neon pink sign about travel in general and travel to Zika areas taped up.

34. BadgerMom

persimmon / 1385 posts

@Sams Mom: Dang it. That’s what I thought. Part of me just wishes I could be one of those people that doesn’t let that kinda stuff change my plans. But unfortunately I’m a rule follower at heart. Ugh.

35. Sams Mom

grapefruit / 4492 posts

@BadgerMom: I know how you feel, I don't care about small things; but if it comes to my future baby's health I'd not risk it.

Here is a list of 12 Zika free tropical destinations.

https://www.cntraveler.com/galleries/2016-04-12/7-zika-free-destinations-to-travel-to-right-now

36. LAZB

pomegranate / 3904 posts

@BadgerMom: I’m not sure where you are from, but we went to Vancouver for a babymoon a couple of years ago, and actually ended up spending some great time at the beaches there. We are in Texas, and went to Vancouver thinkinginf it wouldn’t be a beach destination, but it was actually great for the beach. There was also lots of other stuff to do, so we really enjoyed it. We went in August.

37. BadgerMom

persimmon / 1385 posts

@LAZB: That is great to know! We're in WI, and I don't know if I'm brave enough to go on a long haul flight with my almost 4 year old so I've been trying to come up with a list of places I want to go in the US. Luckily we're close to Chicago, so we can get pretty much anywhere in the US with a 5 hour plane ride (or shorter). I figure since my go-to Mexican/Caribbean destinations are out this is the time to check things out in the US and Canada.

38. MsHangry

apricot / 422 posts

I ended up ovulating a day later, so can I change my POAS date to 4/6?
    I might go crazy and test one day early, but 4/4 will probably just be a waste.

39. LAZB

pomegranate / 3904 posts

Finally Oed, so of course looked up my potential due date because I'm a nut, and it would be christmas or Christmas Eve. I never go the full 40 so no biggie, not that it is anyway, but I thought neat.

40. Ginaandcorey

cherry / 161 posts

@BadgerMom: I know it's not like the Caribbean or Hawaii but Pensacola Beach has the most beautiful beaches, it's laid back and great water, calm and clear, for kids to play in. We have gone every year since lo was 3 months old.

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee