The stash so far :).

Pic one is Boppy, two miracle blankets, and two organic blankets
    Pic two is the diaper bag and changing pad
    Pic three is a portable sanitizer (my DH is a germaphobe) and nursing cover
    Pic four is my CD pile to date; BG 4.0's and freestyles
    Pic five is my 'just in case it's a girl'

2. Mrs D

grapefruit / 4545 posts

@StrawberryBee: great stash!!! which vera bradley bag is that? I've been eyeing a few of those...I will probably put that on my birthday wish list (in May)...

3. Grace

cantaloupe / 6730 posts

@StrawberryBee: Wowzas, that's a lot of stuff! I can't wait to see what it looks like a 9 months!

4. StrawberryBee

nectarine / 2530 posts

@Mrs D: @Grace: thanks! It's the Weekender. Probably too big, but I hear you need more room when you cd and I usually have a big purse anyway. Vera Bradley outlet was my downfall.

5. .twist.

pineapple / 12802 posts

@Grace: Oh no! Don't forget your apple! Brushing my teeth in the morning triggers my nausea. Which sucks. A lot. haha.

@StrawberryBee: wowee! That is a lot of stuff, I'm so jealous! I can't wait to start buying stuff.

I'm finding the end of the day I look more pregnant than in the morning. Yesterday, while at work, I was doing some filing. We have floor to ceiling windows in our building and they're pretty reflective. I caught myself a few times in them and totally looked like I had a little belly. So then I really started to, embarrassingly, get silly and sick it out as far as I could which made me look about 17 weeks or so! haha!

6. Alivoo01

wonderful olive / 19353 posts

@Mrs D: Yay for an appt!! At 7 weeks, I bet they'll do an ultrasound. That's so exciting!!

@Grace: Eat that apple like it's your job honey!! Keep that m/s away!!

@StrawberryBee: That's an awesome stash you got going!!!

7. Grace

cantaloupe / 6730 posts

@.twist.: Did you try Mrs. Jacks humming trick? Or a different toothpaste? I know some of the foamy ones do not make my stomach happy.

8. Mrs D

grapefruit / 4545 posts

Just got back from my appt - not much to report - my U/S is scheduled for tomorrow morning. Though I am not sure how I am going to drink 32 oz of water and hold it without pee'ing on the technician!

9. .twist.

pineapple / 12802 posts

@Grace: oooooh! What is this humming trick ?

@Mrs D: oh man. I would honestly just drink water until you feel full. I drank their recommended amount and the tech said that I had drank WAAAAAY too much. I was honestly in pain, which she said is never their intent. So drink until you're full but not until you are going to pee your pants.

10. Alivoo01

@Mrs D: @.twist.: Y'all had to go in with a full bladder for your ultrasound? Was it transvaginal or on the stomach? Mine was transvaginal and they made me empty my bladder before the ultrasound!

Plus, I have a tiny lil bladder so I'm not sure I could hold a full bladder!!

11. Grace

cantaloupe / 6730 posts

@.twist.: She just said that she hummed while she brushed her teeth. Didn't know why it helped, but it did.

12. .twist.

pineapple / 12802 posts

@Alivoo01: Yep, I did have to go in with a full bladder! She made me empty it and then did transvaginal. not even sure why I had to drink any water!

@Grace: hm!!! I am going to try that for sure. who cares WHY it works if it works it works!

Oh gosh ladies, I just bought my first baby item online. Those Aden + Anais swaddle blankets. I got seven of them. It might be overboard but I just couldn't stop myself.

13. StrawberryBee

nectarine / 2530 posts

@.twist.: maybe it's just that I'm a good l'il enabler ;). Welcome to the dark side!

I was told to drink water before my first ultrasound, but I'm pretty sure it'll just be a tummy one. There were some very specific directions about when and how much to drink.

14. Mrs D

grapefruit / 4545 posts

Say hi to baby D!

15. lawbee11

GOLD / watermelon / 14076 posts

@Mrs D: Awww yay!! So cute Did they measure to see how far along you are? Just curious if you were right!

16. .twist.

pineapple / 12802 posts

@StrawberryBee: haha I can't say you ladies didn't sway me any!!

@Mrs D: YAY! Look at that little bean!!!

17. StrawberryBee

nectarine / 2530 posts

@Mrs D: Hi baby D!!

18. Mrs D

grapefruit / 4545 posts

The U/S tech said based on measurements she would say I am closer to 6 weeks (technically I am 7W1D today) but that she would leave my DD at August 28th for now. I got to hear the heartbeat too! super exciting!

They had to do a transvaginal U/S because my uterus is "backwards" (I think this is what she said) She said it was fine, perfectly normal just make it harder to see them this early hence the inside U/S rather than outside!

19. Grace

cantaloupe / 6730 posts

@Mrs D: Yea! Glad for good test results!

My pants have (overnight) become snug. This is so bizarre - I really expected it to be more gradual that this. How far were you guys when you started doing the elastic band/belly band trick?

20. JamieLee

clementine / 930 posts

@Grace: My jeans still fit fine, but I was overweight before getting pregnant so it will be different for me! I'm just hoping at some point I will look pregnant, not just fatter!

So I don't know if this is happening to anyone else, but I feel like I'm hungry but almost nothing sounds appealing. Yesterday, the only thing that sounded good was PB&J. Weird...

21. .twist.

pineapple / 12802 posts

@Grace: Most of my work pants still fit really well. However, I'm a skinny jeans kinda girl and those are all WAY too snug, so I've been using the elastic band trick for that. Hopefully I'll be getting a belly band in the next month or so!

@JamieLee: I am starving all.the.time. Nothing every sounds good to me either.

22. StrawberryBee

nectarine / 2530 posts

@Grace: @JamieLee: @.twist.: I'm not starving and nothing sounds good to me. It's a chore to eat (and that's not something I thought I would ever say!). I basically nibble away at stuff all day. Half a sandwich here, bag of cheerios there, mug of chicken noodle soup, etc.

Tried on a pair of cords this morning that I wore successfully last week and there was no way they were fitting this time.

23. Mrs D

grapefruit / 4545 posts

@Grace: Ya, my pants are definitely tight. I cant wait for my maternity pants to come in the mail (and I'm only 7W1D...eek!). I am going to buy a bella band this weekend. My jeans are okay for now - but my work pants are not comfy.

@JamieLee: @.twist.: same here. I have been eating PBJ's and Cheerios like its no bodies business. However, today I had my first craving for Chinese food (which I usually dont eat or crave) so I am stopping for some carryout on the way home! Then I will have to workout after it...

Also...if anyone else is having a hard time sleeping my Dr said I can take plane old benedryl to see if it helps! I got some today, I'll report back how it works tomorrow. I can fall asleep fine I just wake up in the middle of the night and then cant fall back to sleep.

24. StrawberryBee

nectarine / 2530 posts

@Mrs D: I keep on waking up in the middle of the night! There are a lot of HB posts from me at 4am my time. Last night I slept through (I don't think I even shifted position) and it felt sooooo good.

25. Alivoo01

@Mrs D: Hi baby D!! and I also struggle with sleeping at night but it's because I get up at least twice to pee. And when I don't need to pee, I just toss and turn. This morning, I laid in bed wide awake for 2 hours! =(

@JamieLee: This past week, I'm hungry like every hour and a half and nothing sounds appetizing either, but I always force myself to eat because my tummy is growling!

@Grace: My pants have been a lil snug around the waist so I've been using the rubber band trick. I bought a pair of maternity pants, but haven't worn them yet.

26. msmay

cherry / 163 posts

Hey ladies! Sorry I went a bit AWOL-- my grad program started up again (goodbye final winter break!) and I've been crazy busy! We had our first ultrasound on Tuesday and baby had a beautiful heartbeat!!!! I'm going to go catch up on the last few pages so I can chat with y'all!

*I did see that we have a few new people since the last time I posted so, WELCOME!!!!!

27. .twist.

pineapple / 12802 posts

@StrawberryBee: Oh yea, last night I woke up and started thinking about the nursery and how I'm going to decorate and the theme and wondering if it's too early to start planning it and would it be weird? haha There are BETTER times to think about that than at 3am!!!!!

@msmay: yay for beautiful heartbeats! That is so exciting to see!

28. Alivoo01

@msmay: Yay for the first ultrasound and seeing the heartbeat!!

29. lawbee11

@msmay: That's awesome! Wasn't seeing the heartbeat amazing?? I could stare at that little flicker all day!!

30. Modern Daisy

grapefruit / 4187 posts

@StrawberryBee: Awesome stash, LOVE the girl dresses!

@Mrs D: I have been having the same exact sleep problems! I knew benadryl was safe so the other night when I woke up at 1:30am for like the 5th night in a row, I took 1/2 a benadryl and fell back asleep. I haven't woken up in the middle of the night since, so fingers crossed! I think my body knows that even if it decides to wake me up, I have a way of making it go back to sleep so it's pointless to torture me

Hey has anyone else NOT been experiencing nausea? I'm 7 weeks today and it still hasn't really 'hit' me. Every so often I'll feel a little queasy, but I can't say I'm suffering from nausea.

31. .twist.

pineapple / 12802 posts

@Modern Daisy: My morning sickness didn't really kick in until maybe 8w5d.... now I feel queasy pretty much all the time.

32. Alivoo01

@Modern Daisy: I didn't have morning sickness and I'm 10 weeks today. I'm a lil nauseous in the morning, but am fine once I brush my teeth.

I've been struggling to sleep this past week also even when I don't need to pee! So frustrating and exhausting. Sigh.

33. .twist.

pineapple / 12802 posts

Does anyone have idea's for themes and/or just general nursery decor?

I have really liked the idea of Owls and grey/yellow/turquoise. I dunno... I was chatting with my mom and she doesn't understand the owl obsession and told me to pick something else. Now I don't know what I should do!

34. Grace

cantaloupe / 6730 posts

@.twist.: Haha! I think the owls are cute, but they do seem to be everywhere. Although, does that matter? It's not like all the internet people are going to see your nursery (no one I know IRL has owls). I want to do something like this (with the stripes - other stuff would be different):

35. Alivoo01

@.twist.: I'm not creative at all so as of right now, nope! I've seen a ton of cute inspiration on Pinterest, but I know I'd never be able to actually implement the design as pretty as they do.

36. StrawberryBee

nectarine / 2530 posts

@.twist.: I think if you like owls, you should do it! Lots to pick from right now, which is nice.

Our nursery is painted aqua (because I lurve that color). So if it's a girl, I will probably be using paper poms in shades of pink/peach in one of the corners to girl it up.

Bedding...haven't seen this in person yet, but I like the look of this one.

And then probably a coral and white rug to pull things together and make it cozy.

If it's a boy, I will probably accent with yellow and/or green. I think that this bedding set is darling.

I always thought I would do either a sheep theme or a fox theme, but I can't seem to find much that I like in that. Except for this sheep rocker, which is freakin' adorable.

37. StrawberryBee

nectarine / 2530 posts

This is our nursery space ^_^:

38. Mrs D

grapefruit / 4545 posts

So...I have been doing a lot of nursery day dreaming and DH and I have discussed a little. First we both agreed we dont want to go heavy on the gender commitment (no crazy blue/pink themes). I love the real neutral tones with accents of color.

I love this bedding: http://www.landofnod.com/counting-sheep-crib-bedding-set/f9774

and this nursery: http://www.potterybarnkids.com/room/rom/romuni/romunilmbieenv/?cm_type=lnav

I also want to have accents with quotes from children's books, I found this on Etsy a while ago and plan to make a similar set:
    http://www.etsy.com/listing/96926424/youer-than-you-dr-seuss-hand-painted-and?ref=usr_faveitems (look at the second picture, with 3 quotes together...LOVE).

I also want to make something out of the Velveteen rabbit "Real" quote. I just love it!

So our room will likely be very neutral with accents in the appropriate colors. We already have a tan rug, and we both are drawn to wood toned furniture.

I do love this if baby D happens to be a girl it will likely find a home in my house: http://www.etsy.com/listing/69450745/let-her-sleep-for-when-she-wakes-she?ref=usr_faveitems

39. StrawberryBee

nectarine / 2530 posts

@Mrs D: sheeeeeeeeep! I adore that bedding. I had that Velveteen Rabbit passage read at our wedding.

I forgot to mention, I also like these freebie alphabet cards, and plan on printing them and using them as a border around the top of the room:
    http://www.thehandmadehome.net/2011/05/freebie-of-the-month-club-alphafantastical-insta-decor/

40. lawbee11

@.twist.: I am so stumped re: the nursery. Luckily we have plenty of time to figure it out. I am not really into themes, so we'll probably go for a more modern, clean look. We also won't have a bumper and probably not a crib skirt either, so it will just be the crib sheet. The walls are a greenish-gray (Silver Sage is the color from Restoration Hardware) and we'll probably go for espresso furniture. That's all I've got! I think owls are really cute, and if you like it then do it!

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee