Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

August 2013 Mamas

1. Alivoo01

wonderful olive / 19353 posts

@lawbee11: We'll probably do espresso furniture also since the color of the bedsets in the master and guest bedroom are espresso. We like that color!

@Mrs D: I love that last quote!!!

2. .twist.

pineapple / 12802 posts

@StrawberryBee: Such cute ideas! Your nursery is huge and I definitely like the wall colour, that is a must-stay. Have you looked on pinterest for some fox nursery stuff? I just did a little search and it looks like there might be some really cute ideas http://pinterest.com/search/pins/?q=fox+nursery

@Mrs D: That sheep bedding is to die for!! So freaking cute! I think we've both agreed, as well, on not going heavy on the gender specific things. Which is why I ended up picking yellow and turquoise for my main colours and grey as the wall colour.

@Grace: Love the stripes! would you do green or change it depending on gender?

I think I've decided what I'd like. Instead of "owl" themed, I will do night time themed with owl and star accents! the colours still go really well with that too, so I think I'm going to go with that. (Although, if it's a boy I can't make any promises it won't be mildly star wars themed....)

3. Grace

cantaloupe / 6730 posts

@Mrs D: I love that bedding!!! It's so cute and if I hadn't vowed to not buy a bedding set, I think I'd order it now. Love!

@.twist.: That's a great idea. A new twist in the owls that I haven't seem before. Will you paint the room dark?
    We haven't decided on colours yet. We have a peaked ceiling, so it will be a significant amount of space. Plus, we have to keep it gender neutral. Our kids will be sharing the space and there's always that chance that we'll get one of each. Decisions decisions!

4. JamieLee

clementine / 930 posts

@Mrs D: I have a print with the "move mountains" quote for either a boy or girl and a non-gender option in my Etsy shop. I just love that quote!

5. JamieLee

clementine / 930 posts

@StrawberryBee: We had the Velveteen Rabbit quote at our wedding too!

6. JamieLee

clementine / 930 posts

For a nursery, I'm thinking a country woodland theme for a boy. I saw a picture of Jewel's son's nursery and she had a barnwood wall that I LOVE! I would probably tone it down, like this picture.

For a girl, I'm thinking either yellow and grey or aqua and coral.

I'll probably skip the whole bedding set thing since I don't plan to use bumpers. I don't want to spend a bunch of money for some sheets. I probably will only do a crib skirt for a girl, so if it's a boy I wouldn't even use that! I'm thinking about trying to make sheets and any other fabric items so it could be totally custom. But I might try and find out its more trouble than its worth! I'm very into crafts so I'll probably have a lot of DIY.

I don't want super gender specific but I do have different ideas depending...

7. StbHisMrs

pomegranate / 3329 posts

Name: Tara

Is this your first baby? Nope this is my third, and my husband has two daughters, baby makes five!

Any symptoms so far? I've been nauseous, had some cramping, and a few days ago the braxton hicks started. I had pre-term labor with my last pregnancy starting at 24 weeks so this is going to be watched carefully. Oh I'm extremely tired, and so cold!

When & how did you find out? I POAS the day before Christmas Eve because the smell of the Christmas cookies made me want to toss mine, it was immediately positive!

What are you most excited for? Seeing how our now 15 month old loves being a big sister.

What are you least excited for? I don't want to be on bedrest again.

I'm 9w2d due on August 15th. This is still such a shock to me, a total surprise! My husband had just scheduled a vasectomy for the 16th of this month, he is over the moon excited!

He told his Dad immediately, I wanted to wait until we had it confirmed (yesterday by u/s) so we told my parents and his Mom yesterday. Everybody is excited/shocked but his Dad is by far the most excited!

8. Mrs D

grapefruit / 4545 posts

@JamieLee: well I may just need a link to your etsy shop!!! Also, any idea where the rocking chair in your inspiration pic is from? I am in love with it!!!

9. StrawberryBee

nectarine / 2530 posts

@.twist.: thanks! it definitely looks smaller when there's furniture in there. I think everything will fit well, but the existing twin bed in there will probably have to go somewhere else.

I love night time themed! It sounds so soothing.

@JamieLee: love aqua and coral

http://sugarfreshdesigns.blogspot.com/2012/01/nursery-inspiration.html

@Grace: peaked roof sounds so neat!

@StbHisMrs: welcome!!

10. Mrs D

grapefruit / 4545 posts

@StbHisMrs: Congrats and welcome!

11. Ocean girl

kiwi / 637 posts

Wow, you ladies are on the ball!!! I am impressed! We are planning to finish our basement this spring so we can move our office down there and then use the current office space as the nursery! I don't have many ideas yet, although I did (at one TTC-crazed point this summer) tell DH that we could make a Dino-themed nursery... Which I think is super cute for a little boy but I'm not crazy about the idea for a boy. PBK has a great madras-Dino crib set that I love, but it is definitely boy colours!

How many of you are going to be on team green? I have always said I couldn't wait to find out the baby's gender, but when we shared our news with family over Christmas, they all freaked and said we should wait to know (my mom told me that if we found out then she didn't want to know!!). All this made me second-guess myself... DH says we can do whatever I want to do, but originally he didn't want to know.

12. Grace

cantaloupe / 6730 posts

@StbHisMrs: Welcome! Wishing you a complicated- free pregnancy and NO bed rest!

@Ocean girl: I'm Team Green. I'm looking forward to the surprise. Heehee - I'm like your mom, I don't like knowing what people are having. It's so much fun to get the news and ask boy-or-girl and seeing if your guess was right and finding out the name. One of my cousins was preggo and we knew the baby was a girl and they were calling her Sofia. So when the news came it was quite anti-climatic. Having said all that, if your family doesn't want to know, can't you just find out and not tell them?

13. lawbee11

GOLD / watermelon / 14076 posts

@StbHisMrs: yay! Congrats & welcome!!

@Ocean girl: Dinosaurs sound really cute!! We definitely won't be team green. I am way too Type-A and a planner to not find out, but more power to you if you can do it! We are planning to keep the name a secret, though, so at least there will be that surprise.

14. .twist.

pineapple / 12802 posts

@Grace: Hm. I'm not sure. I was thinking of doing grey walls, but maybe I could do a dark navy wall or something?? I dunno if that would look good.

@JamieLee: That is SO cute. I've always liked those rustic type rooms!

@StbHisMrs: Welcome and Congrats! Definitely hope you have an uncomplicated pregnancy!

@Ocean girl: We are definitely finding out. My husband has 2 boys already so I want to be able to be mentally prepared for another rambunctious boy!! haha. We won't tell anyone the name we pick though.

15. Grace

cantaloupe / 6730 posts

@.twist.: I think grey would work - kinda "owls at dusk or twilight". I can't wait to see what you do!

16. StbHisMrs

pomegranate / 3329 posts

@StrawberryBee: @Mrs D: @Grace: @lawbee11:
    Thank you
    I'm sure most of you saw my announcement a couple weeks ago, I was waiting for our u/s before joining a board.

17. .twist.

pineapple / 12802 posts

@Grace: haha thanks! that's kind of the idea I had too. Hopefully I don't disappoint. I often have good idea's but my execution is always really poor. hahaha

18. Mrs D

grapefruit / 4545 posts

Um...I just went to the grocery store and bought apples, bananas, organic milk, ice cream and pickles...its safe to say I have issues...

19. Ocean girl

kiwi / 637 posts

@Mrs D: mmmm pickles!!! And ice cream!!! Except maybe not together??

20. Grace

cantaloupe / 6730 posts

@Mrs D: Heehee, I bought ice cream, garlic bread, and toilet paper.

21. lawbee11

@Mrs D: LOL! DH keeps insisting that I eat pickles. Every time he goes to the store he asks if I want pickles!! He said he thought all pregnant women ate pickles and I was just like no I do not want pickles for the tenth time!

22. Mrs D

grapefruit / 4545 posts

@Ocean girl: @Grace: so happy I am not the only crazy pregnant lady!

@lawbee11: thats too funny!

I've been without DH all weekend and am SO enjoying just being a bum around the house! Its been amazing! These next two weeks are crazy for me (I'm an auditor - so this is our year end busy season) so I feel I needed these two lazy days before the storm comes!

23. Ocean girl

kiwi / 637 posts

DH asked me what my nausea/pregnancy feels like... The best way I could come up with to describe was that it feels like I have a mild hangover, all. the. time... You know, when you drink too much and wake up knowing you should feel worse, but somehow got away with being extra tired, a churning stomach, dull headache and what we call "the hangover hungries" (aka constantly wanting to snack on something). I've been lucky so far - no puking. Just entering my 9th week, so maybe this is the worst of it??

How is everyone else feeling?

24. Mrs D

grapefruit / 4545 posts

@Ocean girl: I told DH the nausea feels how you feel right before you'd decide to hang your head in the toilet...meaning its terrible but not quite terrible enough to pull the trigger. He immediately apologized...I think he was fearful I would become one of those 'you did this to me" Moms!

25. Alivoo01

@StbHisMrs: Congratulations again, and welcome to the August momma thread/board!!! Wishing you a smooth and uncomplicated pregnancy!!

@Ocean girl: I think dinosaurs are a cute theme for a boy! You may have peaked my interest as a theme if we're team blue! Which means, yes, we'll be finding out the gender of the baby. When we announced our pregnancy, everyone already wanted to know when we'd find out the sex. They're more anxious than we are!

26. Alivoo01

I've been craving lots of carby food and it apparently has taken it's toll on me this past weekend. D'oh!! Where do you ladies stand on the weight gain so far, and how many weeks are you?

27. .twist.

pineapple / 12802 posts

@Alivoo01: I'm 10 weeks (today!!!!!!!!!). I've gained about 3 lbs since my BFP.

I was totally craving carby foods for a long while, then right around the 9 week mark carbs were gross and all food was gross, and all I wanted was vegetables. Mostly salads, specifically taco salads. It's the only thing I can really stomach right now (although a veggie sub has been my dinner for the past 2 nights because there are no taco places near my house).

28. lawbee11

@Alivoo01: I have been keeping track of my weight gain with the Sprout app for my iPhone. I change weeks on Sundays, so that's also when I do my weigh-ins each week. I am 9 weeks as of yesterday and I am up 1.2 lbs.

@.twist.: Ugh I wish I craved salad. I haven't eaten chicken in about a month--for some reason it just really grosses me out. I hope that passes soon because I normally really like chicken! I've been eating a lot of soup, fruit, and yogurt.

29. JamieLee

clementine / 930 posts

@Ocean girl: I think that's a great way to describe it. I feel like I'm hungover without drinking a drop all the time now. I still haven't puked yet but I've come close.

30. JamieLee

clementine / 930 posts

@Alivoo01: I'm 9 weeks 3 days and as of Saturday I'd lost 2 pounds.

31. .twist.

pineapple / 12802 posts

@lawbee11: have you been able to work out? I wish I had craved salad earlier, I haven't been eating really great so far, so I'm kind of happy for the healthy change in diet. I feel SO flabby everywhere because I haven't been able to work out (partially because I'm scared to and partially because I've felt too off to).

32. Alivoo01

@.twist.: That's awesome you're craving healthier items!! Spaghetti/noodles and rice are still my comforting calls. Veggies just don't taste all that great. I bought a bag of carrots, and took one bite before being totally grossed out by it. Sad face.

It also doesn't help that I get a lil nauseous when I'm hungry so I've been snacking a lot lately.

33. Mrs D

grapefruit / 4545 posts

@Alivoo01: I am disappointed how much I have gained. My problems have been: For my TWW I was in India where I struggle to break even when I travel there, for the first two weeks (4-6) I was dealing with holiday bad food and now (weeks 6-now) I dont find any of my usual food appealing. I cant eat salads, protein and most veggies just sound gross. My staples are apples, bananas, PBJ and cereal. For me, a key piece of maintaining weight is limiting carbs - unfortunately they are all that my tummy can take right now.

I talked to my sister about this, she said she gained a quick 5 lbs in her first tri when she got KU then barely gained any during her 2nd tri as she was able to workout more and eat healthier (more normal) so this is what I am hoping for. I haven't weighed myself in a few days but I will on Weds when I am 8W, I am guessing I'll be up 3-4 like I was last week.

I have been working out 4 days a week for 45 mins. I'd like to up that to every day at least walking!

34. lawbee11

@.twist.: Yes, luckily I have been able to exercise for the past couple of weeks. We have a treadmill at home, so I have been walking on that for 40 minutes, 4 times a week. I started a system where if I exercise 4 times a week then I get a treat on Sunday, so last night DH and I went out for ice cream I have also been lifting hand weights (no ab exercises, just squats, lunges, bicep curls, etc.). It helps that DH has been super supportive and always tells me how proud he is of me for exercising, so that keeps me motivated!

35. .twist.

pineapple / 12802 posts

@lawbee11: oooh! You're so lucky. I wish we had a treadmill! Of all the exercise equipment we have, that is not one of them. I would go for a regular walk, but it's been too cold here ( -20c or -4f). Which is too cold for me, and then on slightly warmer days, I take the dog who ends up getting too cold within a short amount of time. So my walking has even been limited! I might try doing a little routine of squats and lunges and stuff, my husband is a fitness trainer and says he's got a few work outs I can do when I'm feeling a bit better.

36. Alivoo01

@Mrs D: that's awesome to know that you're sister leveled out the weight gain during the 2nd trimester. Gives me some hope! I haven't been able to workout either this 1st trimester due to exhaustion. Hopefully, I'll be able to do 30 minutes of light cardio/walking in the 2nd trimester!

37. lawbee11

@.twist.: I am so glad we got the treadmill. I am too scared to run on it pregnant (probably irrational) but I just walk at a fast pace and sometimes at an incline. I don't blame you for not walking outside...I have never even been in weather that cold! I pretty much don't walk outside if it's colder than 65F!

38. Grace

cantaloupe / 6730 posts

@Alivoo01: I have no idea what I weigh. I've got a dr appt on Thursday (9 weeks), so I'll find out how much I've gained so far. I'm a little scared - I haven't been able to work out because MS comes back after work and I'm hungry all the time. I feel like I'm eating more than I ever have, but I can't help myself. If I get too hungry, it makes me sick. The good thing, though, is that I'm not really craving carbs, so we'll see if that helps.

39. Mrs D

grapefruit / 4545 posts

@lawbee11: I LOVE our treadmill too, and I too am irrational and afraid to run. Right now I am trying to walk 4 times a week - I do one of two workouts:

1) Incline walking for 45 mins, at 3.5 mph - I go up to an incline of 4.
    2) Walk for 10 minutes (3.5 - 4mph intervals) 3 times, in between walking I do a circuit of hand weights, squats and lunges.

I just found that I have Xfinity cable on my computer so I have been watching TV shows while I w/o. My goal (when I am less tired and less nauseated) is to follow routine 2 above 3 mornings a week before work, do Yoga 2 nights a week after work (video at home) and do 2 nights of just 45 mins walking. Every pregnant friend I have has stressed how much working out made them feel MUCH better all the way through. Fingers crossed!

40. lawbee11

@Mrs D: I agree--love our treadmill, too! Ours is actually in our bedroom, and is right next to the tv, so I normally watch a show or play on my iPad while I exercise...it makes the time go by really fast. I am hoping to continue with this routine for as long as I can!

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee