Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

August 2013 Mamas

1. marionberry

pomelo / 5041 posts

@Grace: I'm not looking forward to being apart from my lo either but it must be amazing to get to cuddle her now! So happy for you!

2. Sapphiresun

nectarine / 2220 posts

@Grace: Congratulations! So happy to the the last of our August babies making their debut And what a great birthday - same as mine!

3. StbHisMrs

pomegranate / 3329 posts

@Grace: Congratulations!! Love her sweet name, hope your recovery goes smoothly.

4. illumina

pomelo / 5469 posts

@Grace: congrats on the birth of your daughter!

5. JamieLee

clementine / 930 posts

@Grace: congrats on baby girl! I hope you have a swift c section recovery. I would recommend a compression belt. It made me feel so much better in the first week after my section.

6. Grace

cantaloupe / 6730 posts

@sweetooth: @marionberry: @Sapphiresun: @StbHisMrs: @illumina: @JamieLee: Thanks!

JamieLee, thanks for the tip!

7. Mrs D

grapefruit / 4545 posts

Baby update! Katherine Lynn D was born at 1:20pm! Quick recap: contractions started at 2am 9 mins apart - I dealt with them until 330 when I woke DH to let him know. Took a shower and all the sudden contractions were 3-4 mins apart but only 30 secs or so! I called L&D and they told me to come in. At 5am I was admitted and 5cm (had been 3cm earlier that day). I got morphine immediately to take the edge off. At 7am when my dr checked me I was 6 and she said we could do the epi.

I progressed quickly and by 11am I was 8cm and barely any cervix left - she said she wouldn't check again until I felt like needing to push. At 1pm I kicked everyone but DH out, at 1:05 I started my practice pushes, 5 contractions later (about 15 pushes) she was out. Dr said I was a rock star pusher. I had a 2nd degree tear and done stitches the placenta and stitches were 40 mins of not fun! DH stuck by Kate who had both scored register a 9 (my hospital doesn't give 10s).

We're in pp now - have had two good latches and lo is about to go to the nursery for the night so we can try to sleep!

Here's one of her skin to skin time at 4hrs old!

8. jetsa

grapefruit / 4663 posts

@Mrs D: congrats!! Sounds like a wonderful experience!

9. marionberry

pomelo / 5041 posts

@Mrs D: Congratulations! August Mamas are all officially mamas now right?

10. StbHisMrs

pomegranate / 3329 posts

@Mrs D: congratulations!!
    15 pushes, holy rockstar mama! Pushing was the worst for me!
    Enjoy your sweet little bundle

11. Mrs D

grapefruit / 4545 posts

@StbHisMrs: ya right before it all started she mentioned to me that first timers can sometimes push for up to 2 hours and I remember thinking "he'll no I don't have two hours of this in me" when she told I was doing it right I just gave it my all to get thru it ASAP! Honestly after her head was out it was such a breeze - I think that was easier than the stitches and placenta for me!

@jetsa: @marionberry: thanks ladies! So happy to bring up the rear on the August mamas!

12. Grace

cantaloupe / 6730 posts

@Mrs D: Whoohoo! Now that's a great birth story! Congratulations!

13. JamieLee

clementine / 930 posts

@Mrs D: sounds like a wonderful birth experience. Congrats and welcome to the world baby Kate!

14. delight

pomelo / 5326 posts

Holy cow I've missed so much! @Grace: @Mrs D: congrats mamas on the birth of your daughters! I'm sure it was worth the wait!! Hope the first few days are going great and can't wait to see you both in the postpartum chat!

15. StrawberryBee

nectarine / 2530 posts

@Grace: congrats again, I feel so bad that I can't keep up with posts any more. Love the name :3

@Mrs D: 15 pushes, that is so awesome!! I was so exhausted after pushing (way, way more than 15 lol). Welcome to the world, Katherine Lynn!

16. chanzi

cherry / 233 posts

@Grace: @Mrs D: Congratulations to both of you, and welcome babies! I am in awe of your 15 pushes Mrs D. When I was pushing it felt like it went on for ages! They put up a mirror for me, which was not something that had even crossed my mind, but it was really helpful because I could see when I was making progress.

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee