Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

August 2013 Mamas

1. StrawberryBee

nectarine / 2530 posts

Oh, and I made this tonight and it was utterly delicious! If anyone has ever had "Carmela's Chicken" from Macaroni Grill, it tastes like that to me.

http://peaceloveandlowcarb.blogspot.com/2012/01/pan-seared-chicken-with-balsamic-cream.html

2. delight

pomelo / 5326 posts

@greenebee: ahhhhh so cute! Love that pic!

And it's September! Ahhhhhhhh! Come on we need those last coupe babies to reveal themselves! Hope you ladies are feeling good. It is labour day weekend after all, perfect time to have a baby!

I've also just even enjoying life with Liv and DH. He's a teacher and goes back to work Tuesday :(. We've also had a steady stream of visitors every day! I'm more exhausted from entertaining people than taking care of baby!

3. Mrs D

grapefruit / 4545 posts

@Grace: how ya hanging in there?

4. Grace

cantaloupe / 6730 posts

@Mrs D: I'm having a great day! The temp has come down, so I've been able to be in the garden rather than being cooped up in the house, annoyed that cramps go nowhere. Ooh, and I had absolutely evil pains last night. Totally thought they were contractions, with definite start and stop points. But they quit this morning.

How about you?

5. Mrs D

grapefruit / 4545 posts

@Grace: ugh comfortable being pregnant but really annoyed with the uncertainty! My appt is Wednesday and ill be scheduling an induction at that point...then at least ill know!

6. skipper2010

kiwi / 597 posts

@Grace: @Mrs D: Thinking of the two of you! Your babies will be here before you know it!

7. Modern Daisy

grapefruit / 4187 posts

Hey Ladies, so sorry I've been MIA - the past week has been the craziest, most stressful and happiest week of my life! Also, DH has been home so all of my downtime is spent hanging with him instead of being on the computer. Things have been great with the little man, we are getting to know each other and trying to get him more on a schedule. Every day is different, but absolutely wonderful especially now that we got through some difficult days of PPD, stitches having to be removed while I missed most of DS's first Dr.'s appt (more on that later, but OUCH!!) and some sleepless nights.

I am thinking about all of you every day and I can't wait to catch up for good! Hang in there Momma's who are still waiting for LO's to arrive, trust me I know it's uncomfortable, but your time will come. Oh man, how I wish DS had waited until after this past weekend to arrive, we were going to spend our time making freezer meals lol! We spent the first week with me on the couch unable to do much and poor DH constantly running to the grocery store and cooking. Now that I"m feeling better he's striking

Thinking about you all! xoxoxo

8. jetsa

grapefruit / 4663 posts

@Grace: I just wanted to pop in from the September board and tell you good luck today. I hope you have a quick and easy L&D!

9. Mrs D

grapefruit / 4545 posts

@Grace: Good luck today!!! Hoping everything goes nice and smooth for you...I'm jealous you'll be holding your LO so soon!

10. illumina

pomelo / 5469 posts

@Grace: good luck today!

11. sweetooth

nectarine / 2705 posts

@Grace: Thinking of you today!

12. Grace

cantaloupe / 6730 posts

@skipper2010: @Modern Daisy: @jetsa: @Mrs D: @illumina: @sweetooth: Thanks Ladies! Keep the good thoughts for tommorow though. Yeah, I got bumped. Apparently, everyone went into labour on Labour Day, so there's no room for me. BUT, I went in for a ultrasound to check things out and everything is still ok and I'm #2 on the list for tomorrow. Yea! And even better, the doctor gave me the go-ahead to take some Gravol (an anti-nausea drug that had the lovely side-effect of making you fall asleep), so that I can get some sleep tonight (I've been having a lot of false labour every night, which is making me exhausted). So that's me!

13. chanzi

cherry / 233 posts

@Grace: Aw, sorry to hear you got bumped! I was super excited when I saw you had posted here. Glad to hear everything is ok and you're going to get some rest tonight. Although you never know, you could still go into labor this evening! Happy thoughts for tomorrow.

14. Mrs D

grapefruit / 4545 posts

@Grace: The best things in life are worth waiting for!!! (Thats my mantra these days!) On a positive note - maybe we'll deliver on the same day.

I have a Dr Appt at 3pm tomorrow - she said last week that we'll schedule an induction if I make it to it - so looks like I'll have an induction. DH and I decided we'd pick the earliest day that one of my two preferred Drs was on call for. I'm taking my bags with me to my appointment just in case they say I can go be admitted. According to my step father I may get to skip the whole rippening stage of induction since my cervix is completely effaced and completely anterior (i.e. very favorable). He said they likely would start pitocin and break my water and see how I progress...

Fingers crossed...

15. JamieLee

clementine / 930 posts

@Grace: @Mrs D: good luck ladies. Hope you both have your babies in your arms soon!

16. StrawberryBee

nectarine / 2530 posts

@Grace: ahh, will be thinking of you tomorrow!

@Mrs D: My dr said the same thing to me...that if I needed to be induced they wouldn't need to ripen my cervix because I was already far enough along there.

Thinking baby thoughts to you girls!

17. StbHisMrs

pomegranate / 3329 posts

@Grace: @Mrs D: Exciting!! I'll be thinking of both of you and stalking the board

18. Sapphiresun

nectarine / 2220 posts

@Grace: Aww, that must be disappointing. But hopefully tomorrow works out better!

@Mrs D: Good luck to you too!

19. Grace

cantaloupe / 6730 posts

There's been a miracle!!! I started having rotten evil contractions at 3 this morning (like 2-4 min) apart. We went to L&D after a couple hours and I'm dialated to 6 cm!!!! 6!!! So I'm admitted and avoided induction literally by hours!!

Man, that was a lot of exclamation points....

20. chanzi

cherry / 233 posts

@Grace: Yay! Crossing my fingers that the rest of your labor goes quickly and smoothly!

21. jetsa

grapefruit / 4663 posts

@Grace: yay! I'm so excited for you!

22. illumina

pomelo / 5469 posts

@Grace: Wow! So your delay yesterday was nature's way of telling you you could and would do it all by yourself!! Congrats! Wishing you a speedy delivery, can't wait to hear more!

23. sweetooth

nectarine / 2705 posts

@Grace: Yay for miracles! And for exclamation points!!! So excited for you

24. avivoca

watermelon / 14467 posts

@Grace: That's awesome! Good luck today, you'll be holding your sweet baby soon!

25. StrawberryBee

nectarine / 2530 posts

@Grace: woohoo!!!!! Yay for rescheduled inductions :D. Good luck, can't wait to hear the update!

26. Mrs. Oatmeal

blogger / honeydew / 7081 posts

@Grace: So exciting! Go, mama, go! Can't wait to 'meet' your little one!

27. mrsjyw

GOLD / wonderful apricot / 22646 posts

@Mrs D: thinking of you, come on babyyyyy!

@grace: eeeeeeeeek so close!

28. lovehoneybee

GOLD / wonderful pea / 17697 posts

@Grace: yay good luck!

29. Mrs D

grapefruit / 4545 posts

@Grace: yay!!!! Can't wait to hear an update! Good luck!

Waiting for my appt now - fingers crossed I get some good news!

30. JamieLee

clementine / 930 posts

@Grace: awesome news! Hoping things are going well! Can't wait to hear more.

31. Mrs D

grapefruit / 4545 posts

@JamieLee: @StrawberryBee: @StbHisMrs: @Sapphiresun: @mrsjyw: Thanks ladies!

My appointment today went well - I am 3cm, totally thin and still my cervix is totally anterior. She said I am an excellent candidate for induction so I am scheduled for 7:30am tomorrow (my Dr is on call tomorrow and then not again until Tuesday - since I am at least 40+1 she said we can go for whenever - DH and I opted for tomorrow). I'm super nervous/excited/anxious for it. Feels SO surreal that I am going to have her tomorrow.

Extra bonus - my step father is in surgery tomorrow so he'll be at the hospital to check in on me/us. Makes me feel better.

DH and I went to our favorite burger place tonight for dinner and then got ice cream after dropping our doggie off at the inlaws. My Dr said I can take a unisom tonight - so I am hoping to get "some" sleep through the intense anxiety and generally crappy sleep ability!

32. StbHisMrs

pomegranate / 3329 posts

@Grace:How exciting!! I hope you're holding your precious baby right now
    @Mrs D: Yay!!! You'll meet your baby tomorrow, I'm so excited for you

33. Mrs D

grapefruit / 4545 posts

Hoping I am lucky like @Grace: because I woke up an hour ago having some legit contractions! Right now they are fluxing between 8 and 11 mins apart and are lasting 1-1:20 mins...would love to go in this am and not have to have the Pit straight away, I have 100% decided ill be having an epi though now that I have felt real contractions ... Wowza!

34. Mrs D

grapefruit / 4545 posts

5cm on my own - no pitocin for now will report back later!

35. StrawberryBee

nectarine / 2530 posts

@Mrs D: yay, awesome!!!!!! Go mama go!

36. Grace

cantaloupe / 6730 posts

@Mrs D: Don't be lucky like me!! I stalled at 7, got pitocin and was so tired by the time I was pushing (midnight the next day), that we had to throw in the towel and get a C-section. BUT, we got a lovely perfect baby girl - Paige Izabella born at 4:06 this morning. So I vote for you to have a much swifter labor!! Good luck!!

Thanks for all the well-wishes, ladies!!

37. sweetooth

nectarine / 2705 posts

@Grace: Congratulations!!! Beautiful name Take good care of you and your baby girl. Aaahhh, I'm so happy for you!

38. Mrs D

grapefruit / 4545 posts

@Grace: oh so glad Paige is here - what a beautiful name!!!

I got the epidural at 8am and just got checked and am now 7.5cm and 90% effaced! Excited about my progress so far...

39. marionberry

pomelo / 5041 posts

@Grace: Congratulations Grace on your little girl. I love that name! How are you doing after your c-section?

40. Grace

cantaloupe / 6730 posts

@marionberry: Not bad. I was surprised at how quick it was. The only bummer really, was that I didn't get to hold her for an hour (she had to get checked out for merconium ( she was fine) and I had to get sent to recovery. But oh well, I'm getting lots of snuggles now, and it was very sweet to see DH holding her. Oh -and coughing/laughing is rough- but it's only been 5 hours.

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee