Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

August 2013 Mamas

1. .twist.

pineapple / 12802 posts

@Mrs Hedgehog: look at those cheeks!!! She is adorable!

@grace: I totally thought Lukas would have a cone head for at least a few days, but it was gone so fast!!

2. skipper2010

kiwi / 597 posts

@Modern Daisy: The first few nights can be tough and quite an adjustment! DS was not interested in nighttime sleep at all at first, but it got better after about a week. We didn't know what we were doing either so we just kinda rolled with it. Hang in there you're doing a good job!

@greenebee: @Mrs Hedgehog: Your babies are adorable! Congratulations ladies!!!

3. JamieLee

clementine / 930 posts

@Grace: one of the benefits of a c section is a baby with a perfectly round head, so Sawyer had a very nicely shaped noggin!

4. delight

pomelo / 5326 posts

@greenebee: yeah congrats and welcome baby Jude!! What a cutie!

@Modern Daisy: Liv didn't really sleep at all the first few nights unless it was on me and only for a few minutes. She did sleep all day though. Around day 7 she started having some 3 hour stretches. I still find that around 4-6am she's hard to get to sleep. Just try to survive the first week on no sleep and it'll get better.
    You're doing great!

@ Mrs Hedgehog: So cute! Thanks for sharing. Can't wait to read your birth story!

My DH finished our nursery yesterday because my brother came to visit with his little boy who is 10 weeks. Liv got to meet her cousin for the first time. Here are some nursery pics and a pic of Liv all dolled up for the first time. I asked her to "look alive!" for the camera but she's still a sleepyhead.

5. .twist.

pineapple / 12802 posts

@delight: aaaaw I love the nursery and she is so adorable, and I think I have that top in blue! Ha!

6. Sapphiresun

nectarine / 2220 posts

@delight: Beautiful! Both the nursery and the little one

7. Mrs D

grapefruit / 4545 posts

@delight: beautiful nursery - and of course daughter!!!

8. Grace

cantaloupe / 6730 posts

@delight: Beautiful! I really like the chair rail. And bebe too, of course.

9. Mrs D

grapefruit / 4545 posts

Well the good news is DH was able to play in and finish his golf tourney without an interruption for labor - unfortunately he did not play especially well.

Anyways - just hanging out...2 days from my due date, 1 week and 1 day from my Dr's due date. I lost my plug in pieces last Thurs-Fri...no blood in it. I have pretty regular cramping but honestly they just aren't painful enough cramps to be the real deal in my opinion.

DH and I agreed we're ready for her to come (although I definitely dont feel miserable or anything yet) so I am working from home from here on out and just took the first of two LONG walks today. We'll see what that does. DH is too weirded out to DTD (I think its LO being so close to down there that he isn't comfortable with - although I know I am far from attractive right now!).

Yesterday my mom and I were super productive in planning/plotting out my sisters baby shower. We are doing a Kate Spade/City Chic theme (she is a Kate Spade whore...) and I think its going to turn out so great!!! I'm going to post another thread on the general boards about our plans later for critique and input!

How are all the other still preggo mama's hanging in there?

10. Grace

cantaloupe / 6730 posts

@Mrs D: I didn't realise you were so far past your dr's due date! How does that work for them trying to get you induced? I purposely made them use my due date because I didn't want them trying to induce me early. AFM, still hanging in there. Having cramps every day now, which is annoying and encouraging all at the same time. Keep freaking out every time I get a bad night's sleep, because I figure I'll go into labour and be exhausted already and not have the energy to deliver.

11. Mrs D

grapefruit / 4545 posts

@Grace: Sorry...I wrote that in a misleading way...my due date is Aug 28...according to my dr its Sept 3...so I still have time to go!

12. Grace

cantaloupe / 6730 posts

@Mrs D: Haha! Oops. I must be convinced that everyone is going to have their baby before me, so that's how I interpreted it.

13. MrsB2012

nectarine / 2466 posts

@delight: I love your nursery! love it!!

14. Mrs. Oatmeal

blogger / honeydew / 7081 posts

@Mrs D: Keep hanging in there, Mama. Baby'll be here soon! Walks are good - that's what I did every night for a week before she came. I'd love to see photos of the baby shower - I LOVE Kate Spade!
    @delight: Beautiful nursery - I love that mobile! And baby is precious, too!
    @Grace: I was shocked that K had no conehead or swelling. I guess that's the benefit to only 10 minutes of pushing. No time for any of that!

15. delight

pomelo / 5326 posts

@Mrs D: at least DH got through the tournie! Seriously eat a whole pineapple, I swear that's what put me into labour!

@Grace: you'll muster up energy to deliver, believe me! Hang in there, any day now you'll have you'd LO. I can't wait to meet these last few August babes!

@redsmarties: Liv had a super big cone head and a big sore spot on her head from two hours of pushing can't believe you did it in 10 mins!

Thanks for the kind words on my nursery! It was a lot of fun putting together. I still need some artwork but that'll come.

16. MrsB2012

nectarine / 2466 posts

@redsmarties: you only pushed for 10 mins? impressive!

17. andrea86

cherry / 134 posts

I just realized I never updated that my baby was born! Daxton Wade was born July 29 and weighed 8 lbs 1 oz. He is absolutely perfect and we just adore him!, Here he is at 4 days old!

18. delight

pomelo / 5326 posts

@andrea86: Congrats what a cutie! Thanks for updating us!

19. Mrs. Oatmeal

@MrsB2012: yeah it was a little crazy. Took 45 hours to get to that point- but the pushing went so fast that both the midwife and the OB missed the birth. A nurse and my doula delivered her!

20. StbHisMrs

pomegranate / 3329 posts

@delight: Your nursery is gorgeous, it looks so peaceful and calming! You have great taste in decorating

@redsmarties: 10 minutes? Your so lucky, pushing is where I completely fell apart..

@Andrea86: adorable, congratulations

21. StrawberryBee

nectarine / 2530 posts

@Mrs Hedgehog: cutie, congrats!

@Grace: DH and I both commented on how round her head was...after over an hour and a half of pushing! Looking back on some of the pics he took immediately following birth I can see some elongation in the back, but it went away quickly.

@delight: what a great nursery! I love the mobile, and how clean and fresh it looks. Love the outfit on Liv :3

@Mrs D: I've never done it, but baby shower planning seems like it would be a lot of fun!

@andrea86: whew, I was getting worried about you! Glad to hear all went well; daxton is adorable (hoodie!! )

E was crazy cluster feeding last night. She isn't going to sleep until 2am, so we end up sleeping (with breaks for feeding of course) until noon to compensate. She ate every twenty minutes from 8:45 to 2.

22. Mrs D

grapefruit / 4545 posts

@redsmarties: I promise to show pictures of the shower!

@delight: Ok - thats what I'll do for fun tomorrow...eat a ton of pineapple...I love it anyways, so I'll take any excuse to eat a large amount!

@andrea86: Awww...what a handsome little prince!! Congrats!

Another day of working from home for me. I'll probably only get 4 hours or so in today...we'll see. Its crazy stormy here today which lends itself better to laying on the couch than sitting at the computer working!!!

23. MrsB2012

nectarine / 2466 posts

@StrawberryBee: every 20 mins from 845-2? I'd die! Your poor nips! B was cluster feeding from 9-12 and that was bad enough!

@andrea86: congrats! I love your pics! he's so cute!!

24. delight

pomelo / 5326 posts

@StrawberryBee: ouch that cluster feed sounds awful. Good for the cuddles though! Liv has only cluster fed for 3 hours at a time at the most. We got past the 10 day growth spurt so hopefully we are in the clear for a bit!

@Mrs D: I hope the pineapple works! I also had a stretch and sweep the day before, but I'm saying its the pineapple that put me into labour! I say stop working and enjoy these last few days at home before LO arrives

Here is a close up of our mobile. My SIL got it from Etsy. I was going to make the one that @Greenebee: made for her nursery because I LOVE that one. However, this one is gorgeous too and I didn't have to make it!

25. Grace

cantaloupe / 6730 posts

@andrea86: He's gorgeous! Congrats!

@delight: Oh my gosh, that mobile is beautiful! Very jealous, over here.

Huh, so coneheads disappear superfast. I've learned something new!

26. StrawberryBee

nectarine / 2530 posts

@MrsB2012: @delight: she nursed 9 times; between #8 and #9 we got the bottle out to give my nips a break. I know it's about building my supply, but at that point I figured it didn't matter, my boobs got the message the other 8 times! She slept with us again, but when she woke at 6 she went back to sleep in the rnp.

27. Mrs Bicycle

olive / 55 posts

Birth Story! Hi Ladies!
    Thought I would update a bit on the big day. It started last Monday with a few trickles of water. I was confused if it was actually my water breaking or another lovely side effect of pregnancy. The same thing happened on Tuesday night and I was having irregular contractions. I decided that I didn't want to deliver through the night, so I convinced myself that this wasn't it and went to bed. At 4 am I had another trickle and started freaking out a bit. My husband and I decided to call the midwife and she said to head on in to test if my water broke. When I arrive an MD examined me and confirmed water breaking. She immediately started talking about induction and pitocin (I had been planning a natural birth for months now). I started freaking out and demanded to see a midwife. Soon the midwife came in (cool as a cucumber) and said that I could leave the hospital. Her exact words..."go drink some castor oil, go out to brunch, have a nice day". The only thing was I needed to come back in 12 hours to see if things had progressed. My husband and I did just what the midwife said. We also went for a 4 mile walk. Around 12 pm things started getting crazy. I was having regular 2 min contractions. I started feeling like I had to push...so we high tailed it to the hospital. My husband was running red lights and driving like a maniac! I really don't know why...I think it's part of becoming a dad. Once we got to the hospital I was 6 cm dilated and literally walked down to the birthing suit....and was 10 cm! I started pushing on a birthing stool for about 1.5 hours. Finally it was time to birth away! They had me side-lying and in about 10 minutes Norah Olive made her way into the world! What an exciting moment! We did 1 hour of skin to skin-which was so nice. Now we're home and loving life together. We are monitoring her intake and diapers closely because she has jaundice. Here's a picture of our little lady...

28. Mrs Bicycle

olive / 55 posts

Ms. D: hang in there! She just wants to make a grand entrance! If your doctor approves..maybe you could try castor oil. That stuff worked miracles for me..

29. Alivoo01

wonderful olive / 19353 posts

@Mrs Bicycle: Look at all that hair!!!!

30. skipper2010

kiwi / 597 posts

@delight: That mobile is beautiful! Wow!

@Mrs Bicycle: She's gorgeous! Congratulations!

31. Grace

cantaloupe / 6730 posts

@Mrs Bicycle: That's a perfect story! I'd love it if things went so smoothly.

I've just had my LAST OB appointment. Whoohoo! Unfortunately, not because I've gone into labour, but I have an induction date for next Tuesday. And a fetal assessment and a non-stress test to keep me busy in the meantime. Yeah! That means 1 weeks to go - TOPS!

32. Sapphiresun

nectarine / 2220 posts

@Mrs Bicycle: Wow, that is a lot of hair. Congratulations, she's beautiful!

33. JamieLee

clementine / 930 posts

@Mrs Bicycle: look at all that dark hair. What a beauty. Love the name too.

34. .twist.

pineapple / 12802 posts

@andrea86: congrats! He is so handsome!! What app did you use on those pics?

@Mrs Bicycle: congrats! She is beautiful, and I love all her hair! Wow!

35. StrawberryBee

nectarine / 2530 posts

@Mrs Bicycle: wow, exciting birth story! and I will ditto others...omigosh, I'm so jealous of all the hair!

E's cord stump fell off last night/this morning! I'm so excited to see her cute little belly button. Except that DH wants to save the stump. EW.

I'm starting to get migraines from lack of sleep (these past nine months of no migraines were So Nice. Sigh).

I'm also trying cloth diapers again. Her legs seem chunkier now, so I'm hoping we won't have the leaking issues we had before.

36. Sapphiresun

nectarine / 2220 posts

@StrawberryBee: my husband put it in a zip lock bag and is attempting to keep it as well. Which is so surprising that he's bein that gross. I mean... We've both attended scenes with bodies that have been rotting for weeks. I'd imagine if we opened up that bag it would have a similar smell on a smaller scale considering it is really just a body part.

37. Grace

cantaloupe / 6730 posts

@StrawberryBee: Where does he want to save it? Won't it get all rotten and smelly?

38. StrawberryBee

nectarine / 2530 posts

@Sapphiresun: I mentioned the smell/rottingness to DH and he didn't seem to believe me. It's just...ew. What's next, we save her first tampon? What are we going to do, put it in a shadow box or bring it out and show it to her at special events?

39. Mrs. Oatmeal

@StrawberryBee: DH totally put her stump in a Baggie. I was like...what on earth will we do with that? He said he thought I might want to keep it, cause I kept the hospital bracelets. Um, honey- the bracelets are plastic. The stump is flesh. Yuck lol.

40. StrawberryBee

nectarine / 2530 posts

@Grace: sorry, I think I must have just missed your post when I posted last! I have no idea. I have no desire to save the darned thing.

@redsmarties: oh good, so I'm not the only one! I'm all for keepsakes but...ugh.

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee