Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

August 2013 Mamas

1. .twist.

pineapple / 12802 posts

@Mrs D: hahaha yea, it's a special place here, isn't it?

2. JamieLee

clementine / 930 posts

@Mrs D: I just snorted when I read that. Too funny! Hope this means baby is on the way!

3. delight

pomelo / 5326 posts

@Mrs D: any further developments?!

Hang in there ladies. Your babies will be here so soon! I can't believe it's almost the end of August.

Liv's cord fell off and I cried. She's all grown up!

4. Modern Daisy

grapefruit / 4187 posts

i have some exciting news! Carter Paul was born at 12:08 am today. It all happened really fast - no one believed i was really going into labor, the triage nurses even tried to convince me to go home and walk for a few hours. But at 3cm dilated i was yellingvthrough contractions so i listened to my body and asked to be admitted and for an epidural right away. I got it about 30 mins later and my water broke while it was going in. By the time the dr. Checked me i was at 8-9 and fully dilated an hour later. He had me do a practice push and it was so good that he told me to wait 20 mins to push again so the baby would be born after midnight and we wouldnt be charged for that night. So after 4-5 pushes and a slight vacuum assist since the head dort of got wedged a little, our baby was born and he was perfect! We are both doing great and hoping to be discharged from the hospital tomorrow.

5. skipper2010

kiwi / 597 posts

@Modern Daisy: oh wow! Sounds like an awesome labor and delivery! Huge congratulations lady!

6. Mrs. Oatmeal

blogger / honeydew / 7081 posts

@Modern Daisy: wow! What a great story! Welcome, baby! Hope all goes well with recovery for you!
    @delight: K lost her stump today too! Although I didn't cry- she stunk!! Now there's just a little crusty bit in there- I'll let the midwife take it out!

7. Grace

cantaloupe / 6730 posts

@Modern Daisy: Oh my goodness! That is a great story. Congratulations and great name too!

8. .twist.

pineapple / 12802 posts

@Modern Daisy: OMG congratulation! Yay for quick labours! Love the name.

9. delight

pomelo / 5326 posts

@Modern Daisy: yippee! Way to go mama and welcome Carter. It sounds like everything went great!

@redsmarties: ooh I couldn't smell anything funky with he. It's a little crusty tough. I'll have a Nurse check it out when I get her weighed tomorrow.

10. JamieLee

clementine / 930 posts

@Modern Daisy: awesome news! Sounds like a great quick labor. Welcome to the world Carter!

11. BabyMats

nectarine / 2031 posts

Congratulations to all the new mamas!!!
    I wrote this long response and it cleared itself so I just gave up but I wanted to share a picture of my lo. Gabriel Kano born Aug 12th. Trying to get into a routine if that's possible..haha...don't know how u ladies keep up here! Give u mad props!

12. delight

pomelo / 5326 posts

@BabyMats: eeeek what an adorable babe! Congrats!

13. MrsB2012

nectarine / 2466 posts

@delight: I cried when Brookes fell off too.. I thought she was so big...like 3 weeks ago

@Modern Daisy: congrats! Hope things continue to go smooth

@BabyMats: congrats! beautiful! We have the same blankets, I'm obsessed with them, we use the every day!

14. JamieLee

clementine / 930 posts

@BabyMats: congrats! What a cutie!
    @MrsB2012: I have those blankets too and am also obsessed with them!

15. .twist.

pineapple / 12802 posts

@BabyMats: he's so precious!! Congratulations!!

16. BabyMats

nectarine / 2031 posts

@delight: @.twist.: @JamieLee: Thank u! And yes I LOVE those blankets

17. delight

pomelo / 5326 posts

@BabyMats: are the the A&A blankets? If so I love them too. I have 6 and want more! DH might not be happy if I buy more though.

If that isn't an A&A blanket I rambled for nothing, but cute monkey!!

18. BabyMats

nectarine / 2031 posts

@delight: yes they are the A & A blankets. They are awesome!

19. Mrs D

grapefruit / 4545 posts

@delight: not really - some more frequent cramping but nothing that makes me think they are real contractions.

@Modern Daisy: Congratulations!!! What an awesome and smooth delivery story!!

@BabyMats: Congrats!!! I have the same blanky too!

@delight: Ya - I only have 4 of those blankets and I have been thinking I may need another 4 pack!

20. MrsB2012

nectarine / 2466 posts

@delight: I have that 4 pack of the A&A ones but I want more soo bad. DH loves them too. You can't buy them where I live, but I keep thinking of ordering more on line. They're so perfect and light for the summer. Ugh, now I'm gonna go and find some online and maybe buy them haha. This late night breast feeding gets expensive hahah.

21. delight

pomelo / 5326 posts

@MrsB2012: I bought one pack on chapters/indigo online. There was a sale, so DH said ok but he really loves them too. Awesome for stroller and car seat covers!

22. Grace

cantaloupe / 6730 posts

@BabyMats: What a great pic! Looks so peaceful. Congratulations!

23. skipper2010

kiwi / 597 posts

@delight: @BabyMats: I'm obsessed with the A&A blankets! I use them for everything! I have 8. lol

24. StbHisMrs

pomegranate / 3329 posts

@Mrs D: exciting!! Hopefully you're making more progress!

@ModernDaisy: Wow! Sounds like a quick and smooth delivery! Congratulations

25. greenebee

cherry / 189 posts

Just checking in with everyone! Jude Anthony was born yesterday morning at 7:34 am after 9 hours hours of labor, 1 hour of pushing. He's 7 pounds 15.7 oz and 21 inches long! He's doing well, we haven't been able to breastfeed successfully because he's breathing slightly rapidly (they're checking in him now, but assured us he's looking really great) he's taken some expressed milk, and now in the nursery with the pediatrician. Fingers crossed that we'll find out what's going on soon and having breastfeeding!

Otherwise, he's incredible, we are so in love and I'm doing pretty well! More details to come!

26. Mrs. Oatmeal

@greenebee: welcome baby Jude! So precious! Hope you're doing well! I bet he'll be feeding like a champ in no time!

27. StbHisMrs

pomegranate / 3329 posts

@greenebee: Congratulations!! Jude is adorable

28. Sapphiresun

nectarine / 2220 posts

@Modern Daisy: Wow, congrats!

@BabyMats: Congrats! I think almost everybody disappears for the first couple weeks, and then after about 10 days it's like... suddenly they can nurse with only one hand, and I have a lot of time to sit and read my iphone.

@greenebee: Welcome to the world, little one! Congrats to you and your family He's adorable.

29. Mrs D

grapefruit / 4545 posts

@greenebee: Yay! Congrats!!!

Ok- different kind of update...here's who is left:

Andrea86 - Aug 1 - Team Hotdog!
    Organicsass - Aug 22
    Grace - Aug 23 - Team Grilled Cheese!
    Mrs.peep - Aug 24
    MsMay - Aug 25 - Team Grilled Cheese!
    Ocean Girl - Aug 26 - Team Hamburger!
    Tysonja - Aug 29 - Team Hotdog!
    MrsD - Aug 29 - Team Hamburger!
    PBandBaseball - Aug 31 - Team Hamburger!

30. JessKas

pear / 1693 posts

@Modern Daisy: Congrats! Sounds like you had a great labor and I hope you're enjoying lots of baby snuggles now.

@BabyMats: what a cutie! All that hair!

@greenebee: Love the name Jude! He's adorable.

31. JamieLee

clementine / 930 posts

@greenebee: congrats! What a cutie!

32. Alivoo01

wonderful olive / 19353 posts

@Greenebee: @Delight: @BabyMats: COngrats on your new bundle of joys ladies!!!

33. StrawberryBee

nectarine / 2530 posts

@Modern Daisy: congratulations!!!!

@BabyMats: wow, look at that hair

@greenebee: Jude is beautiful, congrats!

34. Modern Daisy

grapefruit / 4187 posts

Thanks everyone! We ended up getting discharged yesterday at around noon and our first night back last night was definitely a challenge.

I didn't want to stay in the hospital for too long since we wanted to be home together as a family, but I am wondering if we should have stayed the extra night! I think we made a mistake by giving him a pacifier yesterday morning when he was nursing like a madman and I needed a break. He liked it so much we let him have it after we got home and I think he might have kept himself awake all day sucking on it. We had a really hard time getting him to stay alseep last night, but he finally did at 4:30am. I've already woken him up for a feeding and he's back out again now - no pacifier. I'm going to see how long I can keep this up.. I have no idea what I'm doing!

35. Mrs. Oatmeal

@Modern Daisy: I think you have a free pass the first several days! Glad you're home- we were discharged early, and I'm glad because the hospital really isn't a restful place. You can do it- adrenaline, caffeine and intuition will get you through! I also feel like I have no idea what I'm doing- but baby's still doing well after a week haha!

36. BabyMats

nectarine / 2031 posts

@greenebee: congratulations! So adorable!

37. Mrs Hedgehog

pear / 1812 posts

@greenebee: He is so precious! Congrats Mama!

38. Mrs Hedgehog

pear / 1812 posts

I realized we never shared a picture of our LO with you guys! I am about to write up her birth story but I figured you guys should get to see her first.

39. Grace

cantaloupe / 6730 posts

@Mrs Hedgehog: Aww, she's so cute!

You know, it's funny. I always heard that newborns have coneheads and all of your babies have round little heads. I wonder if my imagination just got the better of me.

40. Mrs Hedgehog

pear / 1812 posts

@Grace: She did right after she was born but it went away really quickly. I was shocked at how soon her head was round!

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee