Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

August 2013 Mamas

1. Grace

cantaloupe / 6730 posts

@chanzi: Congratulations!!

2. JamieLee

clementine / 930 posts

@chanzi: congrats on your baby boy! Love the name. Sounds like your labor went swimmingly. So happy for you.

3. Sapphiresun

nectarine / 2220 posts

@chanzi: Congratulations!

4. JessKas

pear / 1693 posts

@chanzi: Congrats!

@STBHISMRS: Love the pics, SO adorable!

5. Mrs D

grapefruit / 4545 posts

@Chanzi: congrats!!!!!

Quick update before I pass out for the night (well really 45 mins until I wake up to pee) drs appt was good, I'm 2 cm still around 50% effaced but she said my cervix was in a real good anterior position (which I didn't totally follow but it seemed like it was a good thing by her tone)...so we're making progress which makes me happy!

6. Modern Daisy

grapefruit / 4187 posts

Aww, congrats on the beautiful babies everyone!! I love that this thread is now flooded with adorable baby photos I am so happy for everyone!!

Exactly two weeks from today I am scheduled to be induced. Baby has shown absolutely no signs of wanting to come anytime before then, but of course it could still happen. For now, I am suffering with a sprained ankle and dealing with baby being so big that he actually is hurting me really bad when he moves, especially at night when he is most active. In fact right now I'm doing my best not to scream in pain since DH just went to bed. He gets the hiccups constantly during these active times and in the middle of the night when I get up to pee.

Working from home has been awesome, but work is still super busy. I don't have a spare moment at all during the day to get anything done, I can barely leave my computer for long enough to eat lunch. So all this time i thought I was going to have to do things like make freezer meals, research doctors, etc. has not ended up materializing unfortunately.

Since the nursery is all set up and I had to order a bunch of new rugs to make our apartment quieter for our downstairs neighbors, I did some more decorating this weekend. My bed has been bothering me for years, it is dark wood and doesn't go at all in the light blue/gray/white bedroom. So DH and I actually bought some quilt batting and pretty curtain panels from homegoods and reupholstered the headboard and made a bedskirt. The change is so dramatic that it actually 'feels' different in there, it is so awesome. It's amazing how decor can do that to a room - I am so proud of us! The bed went from being a complete eyesore to now being the most beautiful piece of furniture we own, I just wish I had done this sooner.

I am attaching pictures of the before and after even though it isn't baby-related because I am just so proud of it!

7. JamieLee

clementine / 930 posts

@Modern Daisy: OMG! That looks awesome. Really nice job. That goes so much better!

I was actually just thinking that I want to redecorate my bedroom/master bathroom this winter. You've inspired me!

8. Mrs D

grapefruit / 4545 posts

@Modern Daisy: Oooohhh...looks fab! And I love the new rug too! We bought a light colored upholstered headboard last year and I just think they are beautiful - its such a soothing look in a bedroom!

@JamieLee: How are you doing?

9. Modern Daisy

grapefruit / 4187 posts

@JamieLee: and @Mrs D: Thanks ladies!! I agree about the light headboards. In fact from now on when we buy new furniture I'm always going to buy light fabrics/wood since I think it is so much prettier. With all the baby expenses we didn't have the $ to buy anything new and DH has banned me from Craigslist (even though we've had nothing but success so far from it - those nightstands are a CL purchase) so this 'upgrade' actually only cost us $80 for the three curtain panels and the quilt batting, we already owned a staple gun.

@Mrs D: I'm sorry to hear about your car and it ruining the wedding, but I wanted to say that you looked absolutely fabulous and I can't believe your stamina for attending a wedding at 38+ weeks pregnant! I backed out of my cousins wedding at 35 weeks but it was a 5 hour drive and we would have had to spend the night - and the ceremony was outside in the hot July sun. We've also RSVP'd 'no' to two weddings on the weekend of Sept. 13th, but neither are close enough for us to just attend the wedding and come home afterwards.

10. Mrs Hedgehog

pear / 1812 posts

Ladies, I am going NUTS! We have our last OB appt today at 2:20 (Oddly specific time but whatevs) and after that? We wait for tomorrow to roll around. We will finally meet our little girl tomorrow! I keep telling myself I need to enjoy this last day as a childfree woman and do the things I wont get to do for a while after LO is born but, ugh.... I just can't. I want to sleep the day away so that when I wake up it will be induction time and we will be in the process of having our baby!

I hardly sleep as it is, excitement, anxiety.... Mr. Hedgie doesn't even come home from work until noon and it is just 9:30. I thought it was atleast 11:30! I am going nuts! The house is clean, laundry is finishing up, food is all prepped and driving is out of the question since my belly is so big it hits the steering wheel which makes me nervous, so no going anywhere until he is home.

How do I pass the time without driving myself even more nuts? I swear, KNOWING when she will be here may just be worse than not knowing.

11. Mrs Hedgehog

pear / 1812 posts

@Modern Daisy: I am so jealous of your room! I wish ours looked that good! You did an awesome job! It looks so comfy and cozy and the lighter color definitely brightens up the room.

12. Grace

cantaloupe / 6730 posts

@Mrs Hedgehog: Lol - I don't blame you. I think I'd be going crazy if I knew that too. Geez, the night before vacations, I can't sleep, never mind a baby coming! I hope you find some good distractions this afternoon. Good luck tommorow!

13. StrawberryBee

nectarine / 2530 posts

@chanzi: Congratulations!!!!! Another "E" baby :). I hear you on the 1.5 hours of pushing being exhausting; I was reaching the end of my reserves when her head crowned and was like, thank God...

@Modern Daisy: absolutely beautiful job -- you're right, it completely changes the look of the room. Much airier and soothing. Sorry to hear about all of your pains :(.

@Mrs Hedgehog: Wish I could swing by and entertain you these last few hours!

14. greenebee

cherry / 189 posts

Wow! Congratulations to all the new August mamas! So exciting. I haven't posted in awhile...I had thought I was in early labor (with contractions at 9 minutes apart) but then...everything stalled! I have had some here and there, but other than that, little dude is feeling pretty cozy in there I guess.

Had my 41 (eep!) week appointment today with cervical check and non-stress test. I'm still at 2cm, but the doctors are confident that it will be any day now! We have an induction date but my OB is convinced we won't make it. Fingers crossed!!!

So happy for everyone, and the little babies are adorable!

15. Mrs Hedgehog

pear / 1812 posts

Alright ladies, our official eviction time is 5 am tomorrow morning. This baby has until then to make her way out on her own! I am actually excited about how early they scheduled us. I know I will hardly sleep tonight so the sooner the better!

16. Mrs Hedgehog

pear / 1812 posts

@StrawberryBee: lol. Thanks! I sure could use it! Looks like we will be finding every little chore to do, maybe watch a movie, try to go to bed early... who knows. I am thinking about covering every clock in this house so I stop noticing how slowly time is moving!

17. JamieLee

clementine / 930 posts

@Mrs D: we finally got sent home Sunday after an additional four nights in the hospital. I feel so much better being at home. I'm still on the lookout for signs of fever as the infection could possibly come back, but I'm hopeful. The doctor said not to be concerned unless it gets over 101.5.

Sadly, DH had to go back to work yesterday, but my dad is able to stay a few extra days to give me a hand as I'm still pretty sore.

LO is such a delight. We're not really getting the whole breast feeding thing but were making due with pumped milk and some formula. I've been getting frustrated but I've decided that I will keep trying and if it doesn't work, it doesn't work. Other than being hungry he doesn't cry much. He seems to have a voracious appetite and wants to eat more than we plan to give him so I have to soothe him till he realizes his belly is full.

BTW-you looked spectacular in your wedding ensemble. Too bad you missed the reception! Darn cars! Hope it's all fixed now.

@Modern Daisy: we also had to RSVP no to a couple weddings (one this weekend that is close but I'm not taking DS to a place with a bunch of strangers that will want to touch and hold him) and one that is next weekend but would require a hotel stay.

@Mrs Hedgehog: good luck at your induction! How exciting. Can't wait to "meet" your LO!

@greenebee: hope you go into labor naturally and don't need your induction!

18. Mrs Hedgehog

pear / 1812 posts

@JamieLee: Glad to hear you are home and feeling better! I was thinking about you. Sorry you had to deal with all that.

19. delight

pomelo / 5326 posts

@chanzi: congrats on baby boy!! Nursing has been a challenge for me too. Definitely take advantage of a lactation consultant. I had one come to my home and went to a breast feeding clinic today. I also apply nipple ointment like crazy! Enjoy all the newborn snuggles!

@Mrs Hedgehog: best wishes tomorrow. Can't wait to meet your baby hedgehog! I hope your labour and delivery go smoothly! Get some sleep tonight. I know it must be hard!

@greenebee: eeek! 41 weeks. Good luck in the next few days in hope you have LO soon. I are a whole pineapple the day before I went into labour because I heard it helps. I don't know if that's what did it but it could have been that!!

20. Mrs D

grapefruit / 4545 posts

@greenebee: Sounds like a good appointment...hopefully that LO comes out soon!

@Mrs Hedgehog: Fingers crossed for you and a smooth delivery with a healthy baby!

@JamieLee: So glad you are home and have you Dad there to help. (btw - I am shocked your Dad is a help...mine would not be much help I dont think!) Sounds like although things aren't going perfectly to plan you guys a settling into a nice rhythm which is all that matters. Thats the approach I have taken with BF'ing...I'd love for it to work but if it just doesn't thats ok - we can always pump and bottle feed exclusively breast milk! Keeping my fingers crossed it turns around for you!

Working from home this morning and trying to relax. I think after today I will finally feel ready at work. DH has a huge golf tournament this weekend - so I think we have 1 more day where she is welcome to arrive and after that she needs to hold out until Sunday night. Something tells me she may be a little bugger and decide to show up mid tourny!

21. Modern Daisy

grapefruit / 4187 posts

@Mrs Hedgehog: Good luck today, Momma!! Keep us updated

22. Modern Daisy

grapefruit / 4187 posts

@JamieLee: I'm so sorry to hear about your fever and I hope you feel better soon! Glad to hear you are enjoying LO though and that he is such a good little eater

23. Grace

cantaloupe / 6730 posts

@greenebee: Good luck! I was wondering what had happened to you.

@JamieLee: Yea for being home! I hope the rest is smooth sailing!

Had my Week 40 appointment today which came with a pelvic exam (my dr doesn't do them earlier). Ugh, was it ever uncomfortable - I can't believe women request them. As I suspected, Baby is coming late. I'm a fingertip dialated and the cervix is really far back. So not even the possibility of a membrane sweep. If I still haven't delivered by next week, then I get an ultrasound and they start talking induction at 10 days late. Wonder if I'll have a September baby - lol!

24. delight

pomelo / 5326 posts

@JamieLee: so glad you're home with extra help from dad! He sounds great! I'm sure it's hard to have DH back at work. BF is hard, I'm learning this myself. It sounds like you're doing a wonderful job pumping. I haven't tried yet but I think I will soon!

@Modern Daisy: your bedroom is gorgeous, you did a great job! So serene!

@Mrs D: hoping babe holds out for the tournie

@Grace: sounds like your appointment was a little disappointing. Remember babies can come at anytime regardless of how dilated you are to start! You little peanut will be here before you know it!

As for us, Liv turns a week old tomorrow! What the?! Where did the time go? She's back up to her 7,1 birth weight and is becoming more alert. Still sleeps a lot during the day and Not so much at night. dH has been great around the house and with her and encourages me every day to get out by myself for an hour to keep sane. Maybe not the best idea because I just end up buying clothes for Liv at target. BF still hurts but it is better today. Jack Newman's All Purpose Nipple Ointment is the best thing ever. I don't know if its available in the states though.

Hope everyone is doing great. Can't wait for more babies. Hopefully we hear from Hedgie soon!

25. StrawberryBee

nectarine / 2530 posts

@delight: Great job on BF'ing! My DH has done the same (watches her while I go food shopping, or stop by BRU to pick up more pumping supplies, etc.). She's sleeping on him right now; he's a complete baby hog lol. Rubbing some breast milk and letting them air dry has done wonders for me; so far nothing cracked or bleeding.

E will be 2 weeks in about five hours! We have another appointment tomorrow at the doctor's office just to check weight/see how she's doing. I'll eat my hat if she hasn't gained more; I swear she has more chubs now ;).

26. Mrs Bicycle

olive / 55 posts

Hi Ladies! On know I'm pretty silent on the boards...but just wanted update on my pregnancy! Baby Norah arrive tonight at 5:18 weighing 7lbs 8 oz! Had a natural birth and she is just perfect. Thanks for letting silent stalk you these 9 months...you ladies are a great support system! I'll update with a birth story and pictures later. I'm sure I'll have a ton of questions once this whole parenting thing starts!

27. Mrs Bicycle

olive / 55 posts

Sorry for the typos....iPhone and post labor jitters don't mix...

28. StrawberryBee

nectarine / 2530 posts

@Mrs Bicycle: Congratulations!! Can't wait to hear the birth story and see pics of little Norah.

29. delight

pomelo / 5326 posts

@Mrs Bicycle: I was wondering where you have been! Thanks for stopping in and big congrats and welcome Norah. Love the name so much!! Enjoy these early moments.

30. JamieLee

clementine / 930 posts

@Mrs Bicycle: congrats! What a beautiful name. Can't wait to hear more about the birth and see some pictures.

31. .twist.

pineapple / 12802 posts

@Mrs Bicycle: yay! Congratulations! Welcome to the world baby norah! Can't wait for pics!

32. Mrs. Oatmeal

blogger / honeydew / 7081 posts

@Mrs Bicycle: congratulations! Welcome, Norah! Can't wait to hear more about her!
    @StrawberryBee: my DH is a total baby hog too, while she's napping during the day. I get her at night lol.
    @Grace: that's what my cervix was like the day before labour started- she couldn't even reach to do a sweep. Baby could be here soon- you never know how quick things can change!

33. Mrs D

grapefruit / 4545 posts

@Mrs Bicycle: Congratulations!!! Beautiful name! 2 more August Babes!!!

Starting to feel like I am the only one left...well me and @Grace: ! Who else out there is still hanging out preggo?!

34. Grace

cantaloupe / 6730 posts

@Mrs Bicycle: Yea! Congratulations!

@redsmarties: Really? That's actually super exciting! Thanks for that.

@Mrs D: I know eh? It's starting to remind me of being one of the last to finish an exam in university (which is kinda hilarious to feel since my due date isn't even until tomorrow! Apparently, I'm more impatient than I thought). But Modern Daisy is still there, for one.

35. Mrs D

grapefruit / 4545 posts

Skipper2010 - Aug 1 - BABY SKIPPER born July 25th
    Andrea86 - Aug 1 - Team Hotdog!
    Strawberrybee - Aug 3 - ELLA born August 8th
    .twist. - Aug 7 - LUKAS REILLY born July 10th
    Sarbear - Aug 7 - AURORA born Aug 1st
    Redsmarties - Aug 8 - KENNEDY ANNE born August 16th
    BabyMats - Aug 8 - Team Hot Dog!
    Mrsb2012 - Aug 11 - BROOKLYN IRIS born July 27
    Alivoo01 - Aug 12 - COLLIN MADDOX born July 19th
    Jesskas - Aug 12 - AVALINE RAY born August 13th
    Sapphiresun - Aug 12 - NATALIE PAIGE born August 3rd
    Greenebee - Aug 12 - Team Hotdog!
    Delight - Aug 14 - OLIVIA ELIZABETH born August 15th
    STBHISMRS - Aug 15 - CHARLIZE born August 10th
    Lawbee11 - Aug 16 - MOLLY CHARLOTTE born August 3rd
    Chanzi - Aug 17 - ELLIS born August 20th
    Jennyg - Aug 17 - JACKSON ROBERT born July 17th
    JamieLee - Aug 18 - SAWYER JAMES born August 9th
    Organicsass - Aug 22
    Grace - Aug 23 - Team Grilled Cheese!
    Mrs.peep - Aug 24
    MsMay - Aug 25 - Team Grilled Cheese!
    Ocean Girl - Aug 26 - Team Hamburger!
    MrsHedgehog - Aug 27 - Baby Kaia born August 21
    Mrs.Bicycle - Aug 28 - Baby Norah born August 21
    Tysonja - Aug 29 - Team Hotdog!
    MrsD - Aug 29 - Team Hamburger!
    Moderndaisy - Aug 30 - Team Hotdog!
    PBandBaseball - Aug 31 - Team Hamburger!

I'm sure I missed a few announcements...I'm not great at the updates...let me know and I'll fix! Figured we could use an update on who's still hanging around preggo!

36. Alivoo01

wonderful olive / 19353 posts

@Mrs Bicycle: Congratulations!!!

37. Mrs D

grapefruit / 4545 posts

and I think I just lost my plug...or my vagina just blew some gross snot out...

haha

38. .twist.

pineapple / 12802 posts

@Mrs D: oooooh! Exciting! Progress is being made!

39. Mrs D

grapefruit / 4545 posts

@.twist.: I love that in this hellobee world someone saying their vagina just blew some gross snot is "exciting"...not sure what I would do without this place and you ladies!

40. Mrs. Oatmeal

blogger / honeydew / 7081 posts

@Mrs D: so exciting!! Could be good news! And haha on the snot- I seriously tried to make DH look at it, and he refused. I'm like "it's just a huge booger". Lol

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee