Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

August 2013 Mamas

1. Sapphiresun

nectarine / 2220 posts

@redsmarties: So exciting!!! Good luck.

2. Mrs Hedgehog

pear / 1812 posts

I am so jealous of all you ladies! I am beginning to think this baby is confused as to what is supposed to happen next. 38 weeks, 4+cm dilated, 100% effaced and fully engaged yet no water breakage and only mild contractions that aren't even close to timeable. What the effing eff??? I should be at the hospital right now!

Rant over. I know you guys are sick of hearing it but Good God is this baby ever going to come?!?! Maybe this means whenever labor actually does start it will be short.

3. Grace

cantaloupe / 6730 posts

@redsmarties: Oh my, I hope things pick up for you soon!

@greenebee: Good luck!

@Mrs Hedgehog: On the plus side, you only have to get through 6 cm when things get going!

4. delight

pomelo / 5326 posts

@Mrs Hedgehog: sorry hopefully you go soon!

As for me, I am at the hospital and at 8cm. I got an epidural around 10:15. We got to hospital at 5:20 and I was at 4 CM so we just walked around until contractions got stronger. I am moving right along now and they just broke my water. So baby should be here by morning!

@redsmarties: I hope things are going well for you! We will both have Aug 15th babies it looks like!

@greenebee: I hope this is it for you! Good luck!

5. .twist.

pineapple / 12802 posts

@delight: eeee! Good luck! Can't wait to meet your little bebe!!

6. Grace

cantaloupe / 6730 posts

@delight: Whoohoo! Good luck!!

7. Sapphiresun

nectarine / 2220 posts

@delight: Holy crap. Saw you were at 8cm and was like HOW ARE YOU POSTING ON THE INTERNET?!?! That must be the magic of the epidural. Can't wait for tomorrow morning and baby delight!

8. delight

pomelo / 5326 posts

Thanks ladies! Half an hour til my next check and hoping to be at 10! Yeah the epidural is nice but you have to keep pressing a button or you start feeling pain. I didn't know that before. Just hanging out with both our moms and my DH of course. I likely won't update again til later so you other girls in labour good luck!

9. StrawberryBee

nectarine / 2530 posts

@redsmarties: wow, I find it amazing that your contractions are so close together and you're still in early labor! Keep going mama, you're almost there!

@greenebee: @redsmarties: I am so with you on the back pain :(. Sorry to hear you girls are experiencing it too. All of the suggestions I found online (that lying down was difficult, standing was the most comfortable, etc.) didn't work for me; I preferred lying down. Good luck to you both!

@Mrs Hedgehog: We DTD at least once a week up until week 40. I didn't try while having contractions. I don't remember the last time feeling particularly tight (plus I never really was full-on waddling, so maybe less pressure there for me?), but I don't know if doing it that consistently throughout kept things looser.

@delight: so exciting!! I only hit the button once (after they showed it to me, when the 'window' opened on my left side). They wouldn't let me after that because I was too close to pushing. You're so close!!

10. delight

pomelo / 5326 posts

It's a girl! Baby born at 4:01 am after two hours of pushing. She is 7 lbs, 1 ounce and 21.5 inches. Super cute, I may be biased! Gonna get a little rest but wanted to update.

Hope everyone else is doing well!

11. JennyG

clementine / 912 posts

@delight: congratulations!!! Enjoy!

12. Grace

cantaloupe / 6730 posts

@delight: Ah yea! Congratulations!

13. Mrs D

grapefruit / 4545 posts

@delight: Congratulations!!!!

14. Mrs Hedgehog

pear / 1812 posts

@delight: OMG! congrats mama!

15. Sapphiresun

nectarine / 2220 posts

@delight: congrats!!

16. GrapeCrush

grapefruit / 4823 posts

@delight: congrats!

17. skipper2010

kiwi / 597 posts

@delight: Awww yay!!!! Congratulations on your little girl! So exciting!

18. .twist.

pineapple / 12802 posts

@delight: congrats!!! So happy for you! Can't wait to meet her'

19. Mrs. Oatmeal

blogger / honeydew / 7081 posts

@delight: congratulations!! So excited for you!

AFM, I've been in 'early' labour for the last 31 hours. Contractions are increasingly more painful, long, and they are finally regulating themselves. Probably going to page the midwife again in another hour or so, depending on how things go. I *really* didn't expect early labour to last so long - I'm getting so tired! Been mainlining Gravol and Tylenol every 4 hours, had a glass of wine before bed last night, and I've pretty much lived in the shower. Here's to hoping that when we page the MW, progress has actually been made!!

@StrawberryBee: standing up totally makes the back labour better for me - but all of the other suggestions (leaning forward, sitting on a ball) just make it a thousand times worse. I've been Googling like crazy - spent a few hours in my parents hot tub (turned down) last night.

20. StbHisMrs

pomegranate / 3329 posts

@Delight: Congratulations on your baby girl!!

@redsmarties: You're a strong strong woman, amazing! I'm crossing my fingers that you've made some progress

21. .twist.

pineapple / 12802 posts

@redsmarties: you are seriously strong! Can't wait to meet your LO!

22. Sapphiresun

nectarine / 2220 posts

@redsmarties: Holy crap... that's a long early labour. Hope you're able to get enough rest for the main event.

23. Grace

cantaloupe / 6730 posts

@redsmarties: Oh that's long. Have you been able to doze a bit at least? I hope it picks up!

24. delight

pomelo / 5326 posts

@redsmarties: oh man I hope things pick up soon! I was just in early labour for 12 hours then BAM! It all picked up. I hope you are on your way to delivering a baby soon!

AFM: baby is doing well, she pretty much just sleeps I'm
    At the hospital til tomorrow morning. We have had lots of visitors and I am not in too much pain. However, my one leg is numb from epidural and I cannot walk without assistance. The head anesthesiologist is coming to see me soon. Hopefully it's better by tomorrow. My DH and I are still working on a name! Ill post pictures soon.

Hope everyone is doing well! Any more babies on their way?

25. lovehoneybee

GOLD / wonderful pea / 17697 posts

@redsmarties: now might be a good time to try out a breast pump ( or otherwise stimulate your nipples). Also, I found that bending over the kitchen counter (with my head on my arms) was a good back labor position. Also, 31+ hours? You're a saint!

Hope baby comes soon, and good luck!

26. JessKas

pear / 1693 posts

@delight: congrats mama!

@redsmarties: so excited for you two!

AFM, another girl! Avaline Ray was born 8/13/13 at 2:13 pm. 7 lb 9 oz and 19 3/4 in long. After my water broke, contractions came on strong and hard. Went to the hospital at 9:30 when they were 2-3 min apart. I was only 2 cm, but they were worried about infection because of the broken waters. Contractions picked up to 2 min apart, 1-1.5 min long but I only dilated another cm by 4:30 am. Decided to get an epidural, finally got some rest. They started pitocin which got things going (thank god, I was worried about lack of progress leading to a c section. They wanted delivery within 24 hours of the waters breaking), and baby girl was born after a half hour of pushing. She's perfect, and I only needed two small stitches. We requested early discharge and went home yesterday and are getting settled. We took our first trip out to the pediatrician and pharmacy today, which was an adventure.

Can't wait for more August babies!!!

27. JessKas

pear / 1693 posts

Here's the little lady!

28. StbHisMrs

pomegranate / 3329 posts

@delight: I hope the numbness goes away soon, that can't be fun! Enjoy your little girl

@Jesskass: I love her name! Glad you avoided a c-section!

29. Sapphiresun

nectarine / 2220 posts

@JessKas: Gorgeous, congrats!

30. StrawberryBee

nectarine / 2530 posts

@delight: Congratulations mommy!

@redsmarties: I tried the pressure points thing too (even found a post from somebody recommending rolling up a towel and using it against a wall to provide a counter pressure) but it didn't do much. Hoping you're finding some relief!

@JessKas: Congratulations!! And only a half hour of pushing, that's awesome :). Glad you were able to avoid the c-section. She's absolutely beautiful.

We went to our first pediatrician appointment today. E started screaming the second we left the house, but I was super excited that I'd thought to bring some expressed milk, so I was able to bottle feed her on the way there to keep her from being hysterical for 20 minutes. Mommy win!

Unfortunately she still screamed throughout the appointment ;). I ended up bf'ing her in the exam room after the doctor left. I swear to god, I have no idea where she packed away the ounces. She drank 2 from the bottle and BF'd for what felt like forever in the exam room! And then she took another ounce in the car after about a half hour.

But the best news is that girlie is back to her birth weight! She's exactly a week old. I feel so accomplished, like I got an A on a test or something lol. The office was really nice, and we ended up seeing the same doctor who saw her twice at the hospital.

I really hope she doesn't become hysterical for our newborn photoshoot tomorrow; so much is going to depend on timing. I stopped by Ann Taylor Loft and picked up two pretty tops to wear, so at least I"ll feel somewhat put together.

31. Grace

cantaloupe / 6730 posts

@delight: Hope tommorow is better!

@JessKas: I was wondering what happened to you! Congratulations - she's beautiful!

@StrawberryBee: Lol - congratulations on your weight gaining win!

32. greenebee

cherry / 189 posts

@redsmarties: best of luck! I've actually not progressed since I wrote my last post, and I was worrying that this wasn't labor since it was lasting so long and I was just acting like a baby. I feel period like cramps in my back and my belly gets really hard but the closest they've been is 9 minutes. I hope that you are progressing now, but know that you are not alone in a long 'early labor!'

@JessKas: @delight: congrats on your beautiful babies!

33. Mrs D

grapefruit / 4545 posts

@redsmarties: You are a saint! Hope you are holding your precious LO by now!

@JessKas: YAY for another girl! Congratulations - she is precious!!!

@StrawberryBee: Congrats on your healthy baby weight!!!

34. Modern Daisy

grapefruit / 4187 posts

@delight: Yaay, congratulations!!!!!!

35. Modern Daisy

grapefruit / 4187 posts

@JessKas: Woohoo, congrats mama!! She is so beautiful

36. Mrs. Oatmeal

blogger / honeydew / 7081 posts

Looks like we had a busy baby day! Kennedy Anne showed up last night after 48 hours of labour! I'll post the whole ordeal later- bit we're in love!

37. Modern Daisy

grapefruit / 4187 posts

@Mrs Hedgehog: I am 100% with you. I am 38 weeks today, don't know if I'm dilated since the Dr. didn't check yesterday (I didn't see a point since I'm not having contractions) and I also feel like my baby is confused about what is supposed to happen. The last two weeks he was making a lot of progress dropping, but in the last few days it's almost like he's trying to get as close to my ribcage again as possible. According to the growth scan on Monday his growth even slowed down a little too, still totally normal though. I have a sprained ankle so I can't even go for walks, really bad carpal tunnel in my hands, have to pee every 20 minutes and I'm just exhausted. Okay, pity party for two!

38. .twist.

pineapple / 12802 posts

@redsmarties: congrats, she is so precious!

39. JessKas

pear / 1693 posts

@redsmarties: yay!!! Congrats mama! What a head of hair!

40. Sapphiresun

nectarine / 2220 posts

@redsmarties: congrats! 48 hours... I can't even imagine.

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee