Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

August 2013 Mamas

1. lawbee11

GOLD / watermelon / 14076 posts

Ugh I am so behind on this thread. M is finally taking a long nap so I can catch up!

@Sapphiresun: Ahh she is so cute!! And I love her name!

@JamieLee: Congrats on your little boy! He is so precious. Glad the c-section was better than you were expecting!

@StbHisMrs: I think I commented on your other thread, but congrats on the birth of your little girl!! I had to get that same shot in my thigh for bleeding. I kinda freaked out when they said I was losing more blood than they would like, but the shot must have worked because a few minutes later everything was fine.

@StrawberryBee: We got M this strawberry costume from Carter's:

http://www.carters.com/carters-baby-girl-costumes/V_121B963.html#navID=left&start=2&cgid=carters-baby-girl-collections-halloween-shop

Some of our friends call her strawberry because of our last name That lamb is soooo cute!!

@MrsB2012: That pic of Brooklyn is adorable! And that flower looks awesome. I may have to get one--M is not really a fan of baths!

@delight: Congrats on your baby girl...she's tall! Can't wait to see pics!

@JessKas: Yay for another girl!! She is adorable--I just want to squeeze those little cheeks!!

@greenebee: I am rooting for you! Hope your little man decides to come soon--sounds like you're getting close!

@redsmarties: Congrats!!! She is precious and you are seriously one tough mama!

2. Alivoo01

wonderful olive / 19353 posts

@redsmarties: @jesskas: @delight: Congrats mommas!!!!

3. delight

pomelo / 5326 posts

@JessKas: congrats on your baby girl too! So many little girls these days!

@redsmarties: what a long labour. Way to go lady! Welcome Kennedy!!

Introducing our little girl, Liv!

4. .twist.

pineapple / 12802 posts

@delight: OMG! She is adorable! and, one of DH's aunts got us that outfit for Lukas.... I didn't say anything, but who gets a little girl outfit for a boy!? She looks very cute in it!

5. StrawberryBee

nectarine / 2530 posts

@redsmarties: congratulations on your little girl!! Can't wait to hear the story

@lawbee11: I saw that strawberry outfit on their website and was very tempted. Oh, and as your official facebook stalker, can I just say that you have one of the prettiest babies I've ever seen? That face!

@delight: Beautiful! Welcome to the world, Liv!

We survived our photoshoot today...yay!! Photog was super sweet. E fussed a little bit but we finally got her calmed down using a bottle of milk and the swing. I seriously love having a bottle of milk on hand in the fridge just in case...it's come in so handy! We found out yesterday that she'll take a bottle cold. Hallelujah!

Anyway, we managed to get tutu shots at the very end once we had her relaxed and asleep, and I just cannot WAIT to get them back! I really really hope things turned out okay lighting-wise.

We weren't able to get my stepkids within the recommended 10 day newborn timeframe, so if these work out I plan on having her do another shoot in a couple of months when we can better plan it to include the whole family.

6. Grace

cantaloupe / 6730 posts

@delight: Awww what a cutie! Love the name!

7. StbHisMrs

pomegranate / 3329 posts

@Redsmarties: Congratulations!!! She is adorable

@Delight: So precious!

@Lawbee11: The bleeding was crazy scary, I didn't get the entire story until afterwards. The shot wasn't bad, but it took a while to work.

Here's Charlie

8. StrawberryBee

nectarine / 2530 posts

@StbHisMrs: we have that same owl onesie!

9. StrawberryBee

nectarine / 2530 posts

Finally finished the nursery this morning, about an hour before the photographer arrived. Better late than never!

10. Mrs. Oatmeal

blogger / honeydew / 7081 posts

We were released from the hospital 12 hours after Miss K made her entrance!
    My plan is to write up a birth story eventually, but for now I'm just enjoying snuggles from my little girl!

11. MrsB2012

nectarine / 2466 posts

@delight: congrats! She's beautiful!
    @StbHisMrs: Another beauty! Love the name. Charlize / Charlie was my husbands #1 name for most of my pregnancy. It was still a top choice going into the delivery, but we ended up with Brooklyn. I love the name Charlie!
    @StrawberryBee: Love your nursery! Especially the wall colour! So pretty!
    @redsmarties: Congrats on your beautiful girl! Released after 12 hours, nice! That was a little longer then you were hoping for wasn't it? Still pretty good timing! Can't wait to hear your birth story

12. JamieLee

clementine / 930 posts

I'm way behind on this post, so I want to say congrats to all the latest mommas. Beautiful babies!

AFM, we hit a hiccup this week. We went to Sawyer's first pediatrician appointment Wednesday and then decided to go to Target to pick up a few things. I've been feeling really sore since my c-section, and Target just wore me out. When we got home, I had the chills and found out I was running a 102 fever. My doctor instructed me to come in and then sent me to the ER with a possible blood clot. I had a CAT scan that rules out the blood clot, but they said my urine had signs of infection. They got me on IV fluids and antibiotics and I spent the night in the ER alone. The next morning, they admitted me to the heart unit because my heart rate was really fast. I saw a lactation consultant and she was an amazing advocate about getting me moved to a private room so DH could bring Sawyer here so we could work on BFing. We stayed another night and then the doctors changed their diagnosis from urinary tract infection to a uterine infection. They had me stay again last night too, and we're hoping we get to go home today.

Needless to say, this is not how I wanted to spend the first week of Sawyer's life...add in a lot of anxiety about the infection and possible complications and I'm not really in a good place these days. Since he was born, we've been at the hospital 5 out of eight nights and one night I had to spend at the hospital without him.

So that's where we're at these days. Hope everyone else is doing well with their babes.

13. Mrs D

grapefruit / 4545 posts

@lawbee11: I ditto @StrawberryBee: on the facebook stalking...I LOVE seeing all the pictures!!! M is so gorgeous!

@delight: AHHHH - SO SO SO cute!

@StrawberryBee: Cant wait to see your pics!!!

@StbHisMrs: Seriously...everytime you say her name I love it more and more. Then put that cute little face with it and its too much! She is beautiful!

@StrawberryBee: love the nursery...so cute! The color is so similar to ours - I just love it and find it SO peaceful and relaxing!

@redsmarties: awww what a precious little girl..enjoy the snuggles!

@JamieLee: Sorry to hear about your struggles - but so glad to hear you got a good LC who is being a supportive advocate. Hang in there and get yourself well...I'll keep my fingers crossed you get discharged today!

14. Mrs D

grapefruit / 4545 posts

AFM - I got 95% the way to where I wanted to be at work this week so I am SO close to feeling "ready" for her. I am thinking of heading into work for an hour or two tomorrow morning just to bang the rest of it out. Monday morning the cleaning people come and my house will finally feel "ready". Once the remaining 5% of work and house cleaning is done I will feel completely relaxed and ready for her.

Today/tonight we have a wedding downtown. I have a simple black dress and got some awesome jewelry to snaz it up. My mom (its her stepson getting married) has warned me not to show up in anything but flip flops or else. I bought some fake lashes and did some youtube watching of how to make sock buns - since the idea of wearing Old Navy flip flops to a wedding seriously stresses me out I need my upper half to look great!

I started the EPO yesterday....just 1 pill orally...after Monday I may try it the other way!

15. StrawberryBee

nectarine / 2530 posts

@redsmarties: hi pretty girl! Can't wait to read your birth story!

@JamieLee: you poor thing :(. At least there's no blood clot. I hope you get feeling better and back home soon.

@Mrs D: cleaning people, I'm so jealous ;). There's nothing better than feeling everything is prepared and ready and checked off. Trust me, no one will be looking at your feet today, you get a preggo pass! I hope you have a great evening.

16. skipper2010

kiwi / 597 posts

@StrawberryBee: Cute nursery! What's the quote on the wall behind the bed say? I love that stuff, but can't make out the whole thing on my computer.

@redsmarties: Congratulations on your little girl. She's so cute!

@JamieLee: Oh my! I'm so sorry you've had such a rough time! That's a lot of stress on top of PP hormones and having a newborn. Get plenty of rest and I hope you get out of there today. Things will only get better from here. Enjoy your LO and feel better.

@Mrs D: Have fun at the wedding! I agree, no one will be looking or caring about what's on your feet. Hope you have a fabulous time!

AFM I still can't believe I have a 3 week old! Time is FLYING by! He's a good baby, just hanging out in his bassinet allowing mommy to have some coffee and HB time.

17. Mrs. Oatmeal

@StrawberryBee: what a great nursery! Love it!
    @Mrs D: flip flops. Do it. You'll be miserable otherwise, and you'll look fantastic anyhow! Have fun! @skipper2010: three weeks already! Wow!! Time flies!@JamieLee: I'm so sorry! I really hope things get better for you soon! Great news about the lactation consultant though! Hopefully it's smooth sailing from here on out!

18. birdofafeather

pineapple / 12053 posts

@redsmarties: congrats mama!!!

19. Sapphiresun

nectarine / 2220 posts

@JamieLee: Oh wow, that really sucks. Best wishes for a speedy recovery and that you and babe will establish a perfect breastfeeding relationship soon.

20. Grace

cantaloupe / 6730 posts

@JamieLee: Ugh, that sucks! I hope you feel better soon!

@StbHisMrs: @redsmarties: Such cutie pies!

@StrawberryBee: The room turned out really nice! I'm glad you got to use it in the photo shoot!

I'm finally on mat leave! Feels so weird, I had to turn in my swipe card and park pass and everything.

21. StrawberryBee

nectarine / 2530 posts

@skipper2010: it says "In dreams we enter a world that is entirely our own." Harry Potter/Dumbledore The flash unfortunately fades it out.

We're dealing with a rash today (small red bumps on her arms and legs; don't seem to be bothering her). I hope it's not a reaction to something I've eaten!

22. Mrs. Oatmeal

@Grace: Hooray for mat leave! Enjoy your time off!!

23. chanzi

cherry / 233 posts

Congratulations to all the new mamas! I haven't been online much since my own mom arrived, but your babies are all adorable.

This week I got a great haircut and finished the mobile I was making. I'll post nursery pictures at some point but mainly I'm here now to say I think I'm in labor?! My contractions have been 8 to 9 min apart for the last hour, and are definitely different from the BH contractions I was feeling before. So, hopefully I'm having a baby at some point in the not too distant future? Or maybe I'll be back later reporting that things have stalled. We'll see!

24. Mrs D

grapefruit / 4545 posts

@StrawberryBee: @skipper2010: @redsmarties: Thanks for the encouragement ladies...

Unfortunately my night did not go as planned. We got to the church (2pm wedding) and I was so pleased with how I looked for 10 days from my due date in a little black dress (I did my best to channel Jackie-O with a classic look). After the ceremony DH and I went to the car to drive to the hotel where my mom was staying and kill time until the reception and DEAD - totally DEAD car. UGH!

After 2 hours of messing with it, standing on the hot black asphalt and not drinking water because there was no where to pee once they closed the church, I was spent. Hot, sweaty, puffy and having BH from my dehydration. So after the tow truck came we had DHs dad just come get us and take us home. Now I am sans car - I can totally just see me going in to labor now - would be so fitting.

All my plans of going into work for a couple hours today to wrap things up, and getting a bulk grocery shopping trip in just fell to pieces. I guess the upside is that now I have time to really get the house "picked up" for the cleaning service tomorrow. I think god is trying to prepare me for the upcoming adventure - reminding me that not everything goes to plan in life! I'm posting a picture because I feel my efforts on my appearance were totally short changed by the car disaster!

25. Mrs D

grapefruit / 4545 posts

38.5 weeks

26. Grace

cantaloupe / 6730 posts

@chanzi: Whoohoo! I was wondering how you were doing. Good luck!

@Mrs D: Oh, that is a sucky sucky day! I hate car problems. You did look good though!

@redsmarties: Thanks!

27. StrawberryBee

nectarine / 2530 posts

@chanzi: ooh, congrats, I hope things start progressing for you!

@Mrs D: aww, I'm sorry things got so derailed. You DO look good :). Hopefully the car has nothing seriously wrong with it and can be fixed soon.

On an unrelated note, I love your kitchen backsplash

28. Mrs D

grapefruit / 4545 posts

@StrawberryBee: Why thank you - I installed it myself a year ago! I love me some home depot!

I popped into work today after picking up my dads spare car. I think I am ready to be on maternity leave...thinking of upping the ante tonight with more RRL tea than normal, EPO in the mouth and hoo-haa and forcing DH to DTD...I'm starting to get that "sick of being preggo" feeling...the hiccups she currently has are not helping!

29. Mrs. Oatmeal

@Mrs D: ugh what an awful day! Really hope things turned around for you! You looked great! Hope the tea, EPO and DTD works for you- can't wait to meet your little one! Oh and speaking of hiccups - K has had them about 5 times now and they are identical to her in utero ones. So funny!

30. .twist.

pineapple / 12802 posts

@Mrs D: ah! Hot mama! You looked great! Sorry no one at the reception got to see it. I hate when stuff like that happens.

31. Mrs D

grapefruit / 4545 posts

@redsmarties: @.twist.: Thanks ladies! I figure I may get to wear the dress again for the baptism if I dont shed pounds too quickly!

At home this morning (actually getting lots of work done) waiting for the cleaning service. I had some tendencies of nesting yesterday - so who knows maybe Ms Kate was just being nice and waiting until the cleaning service came so Mommy wouldnt be stressed about a dirty house?!

32. StbHisMrs

pomegranate / 3329 posts

@Strawberrybee: I love you nursery, beautiful

@MrsB2012: This was my husbands top pick name too, he wanted a Charlie so bad! Brooklyn is such a pretty name too!

@Mrs D: Thank you so much, such a nice comment
    You looked amazing at the wedding, I'm so sorry for the turn of events. I hope that your nesting is a sign of something to soon to come that will make the car problem a distant memory

33. Mrs Hedgehog

pear / 1812 posts

Saturday was officially my last night of work! It feels so weird already being on Mat leave. I am spending today just trying to pass the time while Mr. Hedgie is at work. Tomorrow he gets off at noon because we have our last OB appt. at 2 and we find out what time to report to the hosp for our induction on WEDNESDAY! Ladies, I have the rest of today and tomorrow and after that we will have a baby! Holy crap! Shit just got real! lol.

I am soooo excited because I have been in early labor for a week and haven't progressed at all. I am soooo ready to get this show on the road! I am hoping all they have to do is break my water and I will be golden but I have a good feeling I will end up with the ever so fun pitocin. Ugh... Alteast it means Miss Kaia will finally be here.

34. Mrs Hedgehog

pear / 1812 posts

@Mrs D: Sorry about the car problems! You are one tough cookie, handling it better than I would. You looked great though! So atleast there is that!

35. delight

pomelo / 5326 posts

Oh man so far behind. I haven't missed any babies have I??!!

@Mrs D: you look awesome! Sorry about the car trouble, that does not sound fun!
    @redsmarties: my first night in hospital I had to call the nurse cause I was worried about her hiccups. They are so cute but always scare me!

@Mrs Hedgehog: oh wow I can't believe your babe will be here so soon! Hope everything goes great!

AFM, life at home with Liv is wonderful. DH is so smitten. She is so great during the day but I haven't gotten much sleep. Better get used to it! My biggest hurdle is pain with breast feeding. She eats like a champ but my nips are soooooo sore. I'm going to a BF clinic tomorrow and already had a lactation consultant come over. Hopefully we can figure out a better latch in the next couple of days.

Good luck to you ladies still awaiting babes! Can't wait to hear the news!

36. Grace

cantaloupe / 6730 posts

@Mrs D: Oh, the hiccups drive me crazy. Especially when I'm trying to sleep and then I feel rediculous for being annoyed at such tiny movements.

Speaking of movements, I've been trying to get hubby to feel my belly when Baby goes ballistic in there, so that he can feel the crazy movements. Every time I try, Baby stops (the stinker), but last night he finally felt what I was talking about. He was so amazed. It was fun.

@Mrs Hedgehog: Congrats on mat leave! Today is my first day off too. I've been trying to apply for mat leave benefits, but found out that I have to have an updated married name on my social insurance card. So I go down to the place to change it to find out that marriage cert is not enough, I need my birth cert too. At least this nonsense is keeping me busy. I'm going to try again tomorrow.

@delight: Glad life at home is going well!

37. chanzi

cherry / 233 posts

My baby arrived and he's a boy! Ellis was born at 3:45 this morning (he's already shaping up to be more of a night owl than I am!). The contractions I was feeling Sunday morning slowed down and nothing really happened for the rest of the day, but I went to bed at 9, had my water break at 10:30, and was at 5 cm by the time I was checked into the hospital. My total active/transition/pushing time was around 5 hours, 1.5 of which was pushing--that part totally wore me out. Since Ellis was born outside regular business hours I didn't get to have my midwife delivery, but the on-call doctor was nice and mostly I was attended by the nurse anyway (she was great). Pretty much everything else went just as I wanted! I have some tearing but so far recovery has not been too bad--still thinking the pain might kick in later. Nursing is off to a bit of a rocky start but I'm hoping one of the lactation consultants will be in tomorrow. Baby pictures to come!

38. Mrs. Oatmeal

@chanzi: congratulations! What a great name! And so awesome that you had a relatively quick labour- sounds like all went well!

39. GrapeCrush

grapefruit / 4823 posts

@chanzi: congrats!

40. StbHisMrs

pomegranate / 3329 posts

@Chanzi: Congratulations!!!! Love his name

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee