Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

August 2013 Mamas

1. .twist.

pineapple / 12802 posts

@StrawberryBee: haha!! L's stump fell off and it was during a middle of the night feeding. I put it on the change pad and in the morning it was gone... I'm not sure if DH threw it out (he's good at cleaning up after me) or if my cat ate it. Either way, it is GONE. as it should be, hahaha.

2. chanzi

cherry / 233 posts

@StrawberryBee: Ellis's stump fell off last night too! I left it on the changing table for DH to see, but we definitely didn't save it...

Picture dump! The nursery is a small, kind of narrow room with a window directly opposite the door. These are pictures of the two sides as seen from the doorway. And, of course, Ellis! Held by grandpa and an aunt. With all our visitors here at the moment there is no shortage of people to snuggle him.

3. .twist.

pineapple / 12802 posts

@chanzi: love the nursery and what a cutie!!!

4. StrawberryBee

nectarine / 2530 posts

@.twist.: mmmmm

@chanzi: Aww, what a cute little peanut! I love that second pic of him :D.

the embroidery hoops and the hot air balloon mobile!

5. Mrs. Oatmeal

blogger / honeydew / 7081 posts

@chanzi: so precious! Aren't baby snuggles the best!! Love your nursery, too!

K outgrew the sleeper she wore home from the hospital. So sad- she's already getting bigger!! Still in newborn clothes though. Went on our first outing to my mom's house, too! I totally was driving like an old lady though... So slow!

6. Grace

cantaloupe / 6730 posts

@chanzi: He's such a cutie! And nice nursery. I like that dresser - reminds me of a cars catelogue.

Girls, I'm getting jealous. I think LO is going to stay in forever.

7. Mrs D

grapefruit / 4545 posts

@chanzi: Love the mobile!!! So sweet!

Had my 39 week appt today. I asked the Dr what we could do to make gametime happen and she said if my conditions were favorable she'd strip my membranes...

Well - I am still 2cm, my cervix is completely thin and totally anterior so she stripped my membranes. I have had mild cramping since...we'll since if this gets the ball rolling more!

8. JamieLee

clementine / 930 posts

@.twist.: eww! Lol at the cat eating the stump!

@chanzi: I love the mobile! Ellis is adorable. And I totally have that lion blanket. Love it!

@Mrs D: hope that gets the ball rolling for you!

9. StrawberryBee

nectarine / 2530 posts

@Grace: @Mrs D: thinking baby thoughts to you two!

10. .twist.

pineapple / 12802 posts

@StrawberryBee: @JamieLee: haha I can't think of how else it disappeared!!

@grace: nope! You will have your title bundle of joy so soon!!

@Mrs D: come on baby D!!

11. Mrs D

grapefruit / 4545 posts

@Grace: We're just saving the best for last!!!

@JamieLee: @StrawberryBee: @.twist.: thanks ladies...I hope these cramps lead somewhere!

12. delight

pomelo / 5326 posts

@Mrs D: good luck! I went into labour the day after a stretch and sweep! Hope we get to meet Lil D soon!

@chanzi: beautiful nursery and baby! He looks so peaceful in that last picture, so adorable!

@Grace: I hope it happens soon for you! Come on baby! I feel like it's been awhile since an August babe has arrived. We need our last couple to pop out!

Oh and I definitely did not save the stump. It went right into the trash. Ick.

13. Grace

cantaloupe / 6730 posts

@StrawberryBee: @.twist.: @Mrs D: @delight: *sniff* thanks. I've got my second wind now. And i have an U/S this afternoon. It'll be neat to see what a full term baby looks like in there!

14. Mrs D

grapefruit / 4545 posts

@Grace: Exciting - report back afterwards!

I just went for a long walk...and am going to run to the grocery store real quick! We'll see what the afternoon holds for me...

15. Grace

cantaloupe / 6730 posts

8.5 lbs!! Eep! The baby is estimated to be 8.5 lbs! Everything else looks good. Lots of water left, Baby's moving and measuring appropriately, so we just wait and see. And, I got a new pic. Baby has a cute little nose!

16. StrawberryBee

nectarine / 2530 posts

@Grace: awww, love the profile! I never got any weight estimates, but I've heard you need to take them with a grain of salt. Glad to hear baby's doing okay!

17. chanzi

cherry / 233 posts

@.twist.: @StrawberryBee: @redsmarties: @Grace: @Mrs D: @JamieLee: @delight: Thank you!

@Grace: You can do it Grace, Ellis was 8 lbs 11 oz! When I got my last ultrasound to make sure he was growing ok they estimated he was 6.5 lbs. I told the midwife my mom measured small and I was 8 lbs, 6 oz, and she said she doubted I'd have a baby that big. Haha! Your ultrasound picture is much nicer than my last ones--baby was facing us and he looked like a scary clown.

18. JamieLee

clementine / 930 posts

@Grace: at our last ultrasound a week before Sawyer was born they estimated he was 8 lbs 6 oz and he ended up being 8 lbs 4 oz...your picture looks great. We didn't get any good pictures at our last u/s because he was low and facing my back...

19. Grace

cantaloupe / 6730 posts

@StrawberryBee: @chanzi: @JamieLee: Thanks!

Chanzi, I've got a scary clown pic from 20 weeks too! I don't know why they printed it.

20. Mrs D

grapefruit / 4545 posts

@Grace: All of my friends who had weight estimates on their babies had WAY exaggerated weights given...I think they were all 1lb under the estimate given! Doesn't seem like a very accurate measure for them!

21. Sapphiresun

nectarine / 2220 posts

@Grace: Beautiful! My 37 week ultrasound estimated that baby was 7lbs11oz, so I was expecting to be on track for 8lb6oz. She came out two weeks later at 7lbs9oz. Like pp have said, these estimates are somewhat inaccurate.

22. Grace

cantaloupe / 6730 posts

Heehee - yea! I'm glad I have a chance at a smaller baby still.

I had my first real "twinge"! I had cramps and what I think was mucus plug all last night. And not just little cramps. Evil giant ones that wouldn't let me sleep. And what happened? Went away at 6 AM. My uterus is mean! But at least I've a had a twinge - makes me feel like there's a chance that Baby will show up before induction.

23. .twist.

pineapple / 12802 posts

@Grace: I'm crossing my fingers that those contractions pick up again and this will be it. COME ON BABY GRACE!!!!

24. delight

pomelo / 5326 posts

@Grace: sounds promising! Come on baby show yourself! Also ill echo what others said. Weight estimates can be way off. Don't be too scared you'll have a giant baby! 8,5 is a good healthy size and definitely manageable.

I had liv weighed today and she gained 9 oz this week! She's 7,15 so tomorrow should hit 8 pounds! Wowza! Lil girl is growing up. She super skinny though so still gonna be in newborn size for awhile!'BF is going way better, not so much pain!

Now lets meet some more babes!

25. Mrs D

grapefruit / 4545 posts

@Grace: sounds promising that you had some big ones! remind me...how dilated are you?

I started losing more of my plug today (2 days after my membranes were stripped) - I have noticed some more tightening and milk cramping today also. Just now - the part of the plug that came out had a red spot - the rest of it has been clear/creamy colored - so who knows if that means anything!

26. Grace

cantaloupe / 6730 posts

@Mrs D: Only a fingertip. What's milk cramping?

27. Mrs D

grapefruit / 4545 posts

@Grace: thats pregnancy idiot typing for "mild cramping"

28. Grace

cantaloupe / 6730 posts

@Mrs D: LOL!!!! I totally thought I was about to learn something new. Let's both have babies this weekend!!

29. StrawberryBee

nectarine / 2530 posts

@Grace: my contractions went away in the morning and were back again by midnight. C'mon Baby Grace!

@delight: awesome, glad to hear about the weight gain and that BF'ing is getting easier.

@Mrs D: so exciting

30. Mrs D

grapefruit / 4545 posts

I just sneezed and totally peed my pants...ugh...

31. greenebee

cherry / 189 posts

@Mrs D: Oh no!!!! I am sending good thoughts and hopes for you and @Grace:! Hopefully we will welcome new August babies this weekend! (psst - my birthday is tomorrow! come on little ones!!!)

How's everyone doing?!? I've been having such a wonderful time with baby Jude and my DH. I'll be back later to post some more and catch up, but I've missed you all! Here's my little prince...

32. Sapphiresun

nectarine / 2220 posts

@Mrs D: Are you sure it was pee? When my water broke after I was squatting down to get something I thought I'd peed myself too.

33. JennyG

clementine / 912 posts

@greenebee: Love the pic. J has the same outfit. I bought it for him to come home in but he was swimming in the NB size when we brought him home.

34. Mrs D

grapefruit / 4545 posts

@greenebee: such a cute picture!!!

@Sapphiresun: ya, my bff suggested this too - so not only did I pee myself I got to smell my shorts and confirm it was pee. I also paid attention all night to make sure I wasn't leaking more. Which so far I have not.

I did loose another chunk of my plug this AM - and am currently having some right ovary pain - not sure what that is about!!!

I am not quite "over" being pregnant but I really dont want to be induced so I hope she comes on her own before my next appt on Weds!!!

35. StrawberryBee

nectarine / 2530 posts

Okay girls, I'm a bit bummed right now :(. My step daughter just changed my facebook relationship status with her from mother (her choice, years ago when she started her FB account) to stepmother. Which I don't mind in and of itself because it's true...but her step dad is still 'father'. I kinda feel like I've been demoted.

Some days being a step parent is like walking a minefield.

36. .twist.

pineapple / 12802 posts

@StrawberryBee: oh man. That would sting a little. It's unfortunate that the people in their daily lives make so much more of an impact than the people who are part time... Especially when the part time people are far better role models. hopefully its just a phase...

37. StrawberryBee

nectarine / 2530 posts

@.twist.: thanks. I just hate the timing of it, you know? But she has a few more relationships pending, so I think she was going through a cleanup this morning.

38. StbHisMrs

pomegranate / 3329 posts

@StrawberryBee: aww that is sad, maybe she's going through "the dog days of summer" I know my kids and step kids are. Everyone is on everyones last nerve, and very moody! Walking a mine field at this house too!

@Grace: labor is tricky and contractions are cruel. I didn't think I'd ever truly know, even admitted in l&d I wasn't 100% positive! I'd had them constantly until the day before I had her, I had zero that day then 2am rolled around
    Goodluck!

@Mrs D: I hope the plug means she'll come before Wednesday!!

39. Grace

cantaloupe / 6730 posts

@StrawberryBee: Ugh! They did come back last night! But then they went away again. I'm going to have to go to bed early to rest up for them tonight. As for the Facebook demotion - isn't her mom a little crazy? Is it possible that she changed you to step-mom because her mom put her up to it, or made her feel guilty? Maybe it's not a reflection on your relationship at all.

@greenebee: So cute! And Happy Birthday!

@Mrs D: Plug is promising! I'm still getting weird goo too.

@StbHisMrs: Thanks! I like the pep talk.

Had a non-stress test this morning and everything is peachy-keen. Baby seems to be quite happy in there!

40. StrawberryBee

nectarine / 2530 posts

@StbHisMrs: @Grace: Thanks. I'm not sure, we never know when there's a 'mom influence' involved. This fall is going to be difficult with DSD's schedule; it looks like she has something planned every weekend we usually have them from now until mid-November :(. This will seriously bum DH out.

@greenebee: happy birthday!!

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee