Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

August 2013 Mamas

1. .twist.

pineapple / 12802 posts

@JamieLee: Yea, 12 - 13 and surprising everyone would be perfect! Not our luck huh!? Also, I agree that it's not anything to be ashamed of, there's not anything you can do about miscarriages. Glad to hear you've got such a positive outlook!

I also won't be posting anything on facebook for a while. Not even sure what I'd post!

2. lawbee11

GOLD / watermelon / 14076 posts

Ok, I think I am ready to join (although I am still super nervous about every single twinge I feel!). I am 4w1d today, and my EDD is August 18. Last Thursday I had some brown spotting (it didn't really look like blood, more like brown-tinged CM) and of course I freaked out. I had it sporadically over the weekend when I wiped, but it's just a few streaks here and there. I called my OB/GYN this morning talked to a nurse--she said it's completely normal and not to worry unless it turns red and is accompanied by severe cramping. So I am trying to be optimistic! My first ultrasound is 1/7 (I will be 8w1d).

Name: Jessica

Is this your first baby? Yes! My DH has three kids from a previous marriage, but this is our first together

Any symptoms so far? I am SO gassy! It's totally uncomfortable and gross. I am also really tired, and have to pee every hour or so!

When & how did you find out? Last Monday (at 8dpo). I got jealous of Kate Middleton's pregnancy announcement, so I decided to test. I got a faint line on a wondfo, then confirmed with a digi and an FRER.

What are you most excited for? Seeing the heartbeat, feeling movement, having a baby bump.

What are you least excited for? Morning sickness, being in my third trimester in the Texas heat!

So excited to join y'all!

3. JamieLee

clementine / 930 posts

So I called my doctor's office and don't have my first appointment until January 17! I don't know how I'm going to wait that long...ugh. My doctor's office wants you to wait till 10-12 weeks, so I guess that's that.

@lawbee11: Glad to hear everything is ok! Love the story of why you took the test...

4. .twist.

pineapple / 12802 posts

@lawbee11: Welcome!!! August is starting to get a little more action!

5. Mrs. Oatmeal

blogger / honeydew / 7081 posts

Okay - major symptom alert. We are about 1/2 hour into the movie Soul Surfer, and I am sitting here sobbing my eyes out. This is kind of ridiculous. I get a little more emotional during PMS time, but this is actually so far out of the ordinary!

6. JamieLee

clementine / 930 posts

@redsmarties: I have been super emotional too. I cried during church on Sunday, not just little crying either. I cried like 6 times today reading stories online and watching YouTube videos. I think I even cried at a Hallmark commercial.

Ugh!

Btw-that movie made me cry first time I watched it!

7. .twist.

pineapple / 12802 posts

@redsmarties: Oh!!! I've been more emotional too! I'm usually pretty easy going and don't really get super emotional about stuff, however, lately I have been much more emotional! Not crying yet but last night DH was teasing and bugging me (poking and pinching and getting in my way while I was trying to make dinner), normally I laugh it off or try and bug him back. Not last night, last night I was almost in tears! Thankfully he cut it out and helped out instead. hahaha

8. lawbee11

@redsmarties: The day before I got my BFP, DH and I were on our way home and stuck in traffic. I was getting frustrated and was back-seat driving. He told me if I wanted to drive he'd be glad to pull over and we could switch. I burst into tears. Like you would have thought he just told me my dog died. I was hysterical and inconsolable! He urged me to test the next day, and it was positive!

9. lawbee11

How is everyone doing? I am just hangin' out at 4w4d. Ever since I got my BFP, time has been crawling! Do any of you constantly worry? I am trying to be happy and optimistic, but I worry all day long about miscarrying. It sucks! Anyone have any tips? I think I'll feel much better once we have our first u/s, but that isn't until January 7, which seems like an eternity to wait!

10. .twist.

pineapple / 12802 posts

@lawbee11: Hey! I think worrying is pretty normal in the first trimester. Yesterday I felt like garbage and just wished I could feel better, today I felt fantastic when I woke up and then immediately thought "omg... am I still pregnant?" hahaha It's TERRIBLE. I want to feel normal, but feeling like crap is kind of comforting! Are you having much for symptoms? Mine have been pretty minimal. Which makes me constantly worry!

Honestly, I think what makes it worse is reading about it. As amazing as the internet is, when women couldn't read about it every day they just didn't have time to worry about it or didn't know TO worry about it.

I don't have much for tips though, just take it one day at a time and as long as you're not bleeding/cramping at the same time I think you're ok!

11. lawbee11

@.twist.: Thank you I guess I just need reassurance that I am not crazy for worrying constantly. I am having a few symptoms--I am super bloated and gassy (lovely, right?) and since about 10dpo I have gotten up to pee at least once in the middle of the night every night (pre-preg I never did this) so those have definitely been comforting. I don't have sore boobs/nips AT ALL, though. And I am not nauseous, but I know it's still kinda early for that since I am not even 5 weeks yet.

I totally agree that reading about it makes it worse. I am going to really try to stop Googling and just let it be. Easier said than done, but it just makes it worse and I really want to try and enjoy this as much as I can!

12. .twist.

pineapple / 12802 posts

@lawbee11: Yep! I am really trying to enjoy the mild symptom 1st trimester because I know it's not really the norm. The only symptoms I've had are sore boobs, peeing and being painfully constipated (talk about lovely! which is gone now thank god!) If I wouldn't have taken a pregnancy test, I probably wouldn't know I was pregnant!

See, the internet is bad for symptom checking but great for support. We'll never win with the internet. haha

13. JamieLee

clementine / 930 posts

@lawbee11: I CONSTANTLY worry. I am so scared of another miscarriage, and I don't have my first appointment until January 17. I feel like that's so far away, and so much can happen in a month. I don't really have any tips, obviously, or I would be using them! I'm not having much in the way of symptoms, so that worries me too! I know if the morning sickness kicks in, I will be wishing for this feeling, but right now, I would like a little reassurance! My cousin told me her sister-in-law was taking weekly pregnancy tests because "how else would she know the baby was still in there." I thought that was crazy when she first told me, but it's starting to make sense...

14. Grace

cantaloupe / 6730 posts

Hi Ladies, can I join you? My Fertility Friend Due Date is Aug 23 and it's only 4 weeks exactly. It's far too early to be this excited, but I am throwing caution to the wind and am declaring that today I am pregnant and I'm going to enjoy it while it lasts - which hopefully is 9 months ;).

Name: Grace (it's not actually - I'm too leery of the internet to put my real name down)

Is this your first baby?: Yes!!

Any symptoms so far: Weird pokey cramps. Very localized and not as painful as AF cramps.

When and how did you find out: A couple of hours ago (I told you this was too early to get this excited). Found out by POAS that I found in the cupboard. I really thought I didn't have any.

What are you most excited about: This is boarderline terrible, but I'm most excited that we don't have to TTC next month! A close second, is telling our families in a fun way. I've got time, we won't start telling until mid January.

What are you least excited about: Morning sickness for sure. My mom was sick the whole 9 months we me, so I'm a little scared. On the other hand my mom was also a fertile myrtle, and I'm not so maybe I won't be as sick as her.

I'm so excited to be here!

15. JamieLee

clementine / 930 posts

@Grace: Welcome and congrats.

16. lawbee11

@Grace: Yay! Welcome!!

17. .twist.

pineapple / 12802 posts

@Grace: yay!!! Welcome & congrats! I've totally had a hard time not getting overly excited about it. Very exciting stuff!

18. JamieLee

clementine / 930 posts

So has anyone shared the news yet? I obviously told my hubby, and then I told one friend who I trust who doesn't know anyone else I know, so I felt like that was safe. I wasn't planning on telling anyone else till at least Christmas, and then last night we went over to my MIL's house for my BIL's b-day dinner. My SIL asked if I wanted some wine, I said no, and then she started grilling me. I'm a terrible liar, so now she knows but she's been sworn to secrecy. Hoping she can keep her mouth shut!!

19. lawbee11

@JamieLee: The only people we've told are my best friend and her DH (she is due in August, too!). We are telling DH's parents and sister at Chritmas because they live out of state and we want to tell them in person (I also trust them completely--SIL had to go through IVF six times before it was successful, so they're used to keeping these things secret). My mom is another story--I don't know if I trust her not to blab, so we'll tell my parents after my 8-week u/s. We aren't telling DH's kids until after the NT scan.

20. Grace

cantaloupe / 6730 posts

We're planning on waiting until mid-Jan to tell my parents and sisters and mid-Feb to tell DH's family (so that we can tell them in person). I imagine we'll tell everyone else after the heartbeat is heard.

21. .twist.

pineapple / 12802 posts

Well, our plan was to keep it a secret..... But I'm terrible at secrets so our close friends and family know. Ugh.

22. augustmama

coffee bean / 30 posts

Name: Danielle

Is this your first baby? Yes

Any symptoms so far? Very slight cramping, some fatigue, peeing a bit more than usual.

When & how did you find out? Took two pregnancy tests last
    week (15 dpo) when I woke up with DH - super clear blue lines!!

What are you most excited for? Meeting the little one!! Also excited for Christmas Eve when we're letting our immediate families know in person and over Skype!

What are you least excited for? Least excited is probably not the word - I'm most scared of labor because I am a superwimp when it comes to pain!

23. Grace

cantaloupe / 6730 posts

@augustmama: Haha! I'm avoiding thinking of labour. Welcome!!

Hey, girls, if you are planning on keeping the secret over the holidays, do you have any plans on what to say as to why you aren't drinking?

24. lawbee11

@Grace: DH and I have been to a couple of holiday parties and we've both gotten a glass of wine and when he was done we just switched glasses when no one was looking or I held his while he went to the bathroom then gave him mine when he came back. So far it's worked fine! I also went to a friend's house and she offered me wine and I said I had a headache, and she didn't question me.

25. JamieLee

clementine / 930 posts

@augustmama: Welcome and congrats!

@Grace: I already told my sister in law because she pretty much guessed when I said I didn't want any wine. I am a terrible liar and really bad with secrets, so who knows how I will do over the holidays!

26. Mrs. Oatmeal

blogger / honeydew / 7081 posts

We told our immediate families. I've been nauseous and exhausted, and right now we are living in my parents house, so it would have been hard to keep that a secret. We've also told DH's side of the family, because we were all together for a big Christmas celebration, and I wasn't eating, or drinking anything but gingerale, and we were too excited to keep it in. After 2 years of TTC, I needed to spill the beans.

27. Grace

cantaloupe / 6730 posts

@lawbee11: Oh, you are a sneakyboots!

@JamieLee: I often turn down wine, just to mess with my friends and family, so hopefully it won't be as big a giveaway.

28. msmay

cherry / 163 posts

Hi ladies! I am excited (and terrified) to be posting this!

Name: Natalie

Is this your first baby? Yes!

Any symptoms so far? It feels like someone whacked my breasts with a mallet, lol. Also a little more tired than usual. Naps are critical!

When & how did you find out? Found out a couple days ago. I was temping and noticed a spike instead of a drop on the day AF would be due. Took a test and 2 pink lines!!!!!

What are you most excited for? Healthy baby! Watching DH become a dad He's already so adorable since I told him, I can't wait to see him with our baby!

What are you least excited for? It's super early, so I'm so scared of a chemical pregnancy/miscarriage. Telling faculty (I'm a grad student and I was supposed to be job-hunting now, whoops!)

29. JamieLee

clementine / 930 posts

@Grace: So smart! Way to think ahead. I should've been planning for this!

@msmay: Welcome! and Congrats!

So has anyone else been hit by morning/evening/all day sickness recently? I feel like just this weekend I suddenly started feeling really nauseated in the evenings, and now it seems like its not going to be only evenings. I was just doing dishes and had to take a break because I felt like I was going to throw up in the sink. I also sometimes have really bad headaches. I am trying to drink a lot of water in case the headaches are from dehydration. I kind of feel like I'm hungover, but obviously haven't had anything to drink in weeks...

30. Grace

cantaloupe / 6730 posts

@msmay: Congrats and Welcome!!

@JamieLee: Smart? Or evil? Lol.
    I have something going on, but I'm not sure it's morning sickness. What's happening is I'm overhearting easily (wearing my parka while grocery shopping, having a hot shower etc) and that's making me feel sick. Going out into the cold or having something to eat seems to fix it, so I'm not sure that it "counts".

31. .twist.

pineapple / 12802 posts

@augustmama: @msmay: Welcome ladies! Excited to see our group growing a little!

@JamieLee: I haven't had any really bad m/s but just this morning I had the worst wave of it so far. Was doing my hair getting ready for work when I needed to sit down because I totally felt like I was going to throw up in the sink!! DH got me a few saltine crackers and that seemed to help a bit!

32. msmay

cherry / 163 posts

I'm still trying to catch up on all the posts, but regarding keeping the secret over the holidays... I'm going with the antibiotics excuse. I've had problems with my ears recently so I'm just going to fib and say I have an ear infection. Certain antibiotics don't mix with alcohol so I'll probably look up which ones before New Year's Eve (we're supposed to be going out this year, lol)
    As for Christmas, 5 of our family members are coming into town next week. They always watch me like a hawk with alcohol to see if they can guess. I have no plan for how to deal with them yet!

@Grace: I hear you on the overheating thing. If I get too hot I feel like I'm going to be sick. I'm trying to dress in layers and take walks outside when I can.

33. Alivoo01

wonderful olive / 19353 posts

@lawbee11: @JamieLee: I too constantly worry about another loss, but I feel more confident this go round and am just trying to push that eery thought to the back of my mind because I really want to enjoy this pregnancy!

@JamieLee: I notice I get nauseous when I'm either too hungry or ate way too much. My stomach seems to have shrank so I don't eat as much, but get full pretty fast. Then, a few hours later, I'm hungry again! I've also been craving carbs/fried foods. This can't be good for the weight gain...

I've also told my family and BFF this past weekend. We plan on telling the hubby's family this weekend, and will hold off on telling our friends until after the 1st trimester, given neither of our family starts telling the world first!

@augustmama: @msmay: @Grace: Welcome mommas!!!

@.twist.: You excited about your first appt this Wednesday?? I can't wait to see the ultrasound and breathe out a deep sigh of relief when we get to hear the heartbeat!!

34. JamieLee

clementine / 930 posts

@Grace: I feel like I've been having hot flashes or something. One minute I'm freezing my buns off (we have a not so efficient wood stove, so it is cold in here!) and the next, I have to rip my sweatshirt off because I'm overheating. This whole pregnancy thing is so weird!

35. JamieLee

clementine / 930 posts

@Alivoo01: I am trying to be really positive this time as well. I feel different this time around, both physically and mentally. Last time, I just had this feeling that it wasn't going to last. I also had very little symptoms last time. This time, I feel better about everything, and I have more symptoms, so hopefully that's a good sign.

Congrats on telling your family! Did you do it in any sort of "fun" way? Does anyone else have anything planned for telling your families?

When's everyone's first appointments? Mine is January 17.

36. .twist.

pineapple / 12802 posts

@Alivoo01: I'm super excited! I'll be almost 8 weeks so I'm really hoping to hear a nice strong heart beat!!!

@JamieLee: I hear ya on the hot flashes! I'm constantly cold/hot all the time!

37. augustmama

coffee bean / 30 posts

@lawbee11 Great tips on how to deal with avoiding alcohol at parties! I've been wondering what excuses I could come up with. Thanks!

38. Alivoo01

wonderful olive / 19353 posts

@JamieLee: We're not creative so we did the let's take a family picture and on the count of 3, the hubby said, "say alice is pregnant!".

My first appointment will be this Wednesday. I'll be 7 weeks.

39. JamieLee

clementine / 930 posts

@Alivoo01: Did you get a picture of their reactions? I saw a video online of a couple who did that and it was so cute!

40. JamieLee

clementine / 930 posts

@.twist.: @Alivoo01: Good luck on your appointments this week! Very exciting. I'm thinking these will be the first appointments for our group?

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee