Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

August 2015 Moms!

1. Mrs. J

pomelo / 5132 posts

@Mizhi: hopefully this is it!!!!

2. getjazzy

persimmon / 1179 posts

@Mizhi: I hope it's the real thing!! Good luck mama, let us know how you're doing.

3. lilteacherbee

cantaloupe / 6791 posts

38 (and a half) week appointment today. Nothing exciting, really. It's my last appointment other than my pre-op next Monday (!!). Weight is still the same as it's been for almost 2 months now. They re-checked my iron, so hopefully it went up since the last time.

It's getting real- 6 days!!

4. abmamma

kiwi / 641 posts

@Mizhi: exciting!! Keep us posted.

5. FliegepilzHut

pomegranate / 3533 posts

Okay, I've been following along but not posting much...

Had my (nearly) 38week appt today...my feet have been very puffy for a couple of weeks and now I have trace protein in my urine and my bp was up a bit...but came back down on a repeat check. So now I get to do labs and a 24-hour urine collection. Oh, and baby's engaged AND posterior. (As @getjazzy: suggested, he had been living on my right side for quite some time.)

And I'm tired. And spotting after my cervical check (80-90%, 2cm). It has not been a very good day so far.

6. kjpugs

grapefruit / 4862 posts

@Mizhi: fingers crossed for you!!!!!!!!

7. Mrs. Microscope

pear / 1788 posts

@FliegepilzHut: sounds like baby is coming sooner rather than later!

8. LauraBear

cherry / 215 posts

@mizhi: Sounds promising!! Thinking of you!

9. abmamma

kiwi / 641 posts

@FliegepilzHut: hang in there! Thinking good thoughts for you!

10. lilteacherbee

cantaloupe / 6791 posts

@FliegepilzHut: Ugh, sorry about the BP and urine collection. That sounds like not much fun But it seems like you're making some progress!!

11. LauraBear

cherry / 215 posts

@getjazzy: @mrs.ads: thanks!! I didn't end up getting the GBS test yesterday since the midwife said it was still a little early - I'm 36 weeks on Friday. Kind of annoying since the nurse had told me I was so I had gotten undressed and gowned

Midwife said that if I had it yesterday then they would have had to do it again at 40 weeks if baby hadn't come by then, which she bet he wouldn't since I'm a FTM. Kinda tough being a due date at the end of the month since I'm getting so excited for all of you who are due so soon! BUT I do want him to come after 38 weeks at least so he's fully cooked and all that good stuff

12. FliegepilzHut

pomegranate / 3533 posts

@Mrs. Microscope: @abmamma: @lilteacherbee: Thank you ladies! It sounds like our guy may be coming sooner (or later)...in which case there's still SO much to do. Argh... At least this did get DH into cleaning/nesting mode!

13. MrsADS

nectarine / 2262 posts

@Laurabear that is so weird, they did mine at 35 weeks and I am a FTM! I guess different practices have different philosophies.

@Fliegepilzhut sounds like baby will be making an appearance sooner rather than later!

@buttermilk hope you are feeling better It is tough being super pregnant in this ridiculous heat, I feel your pain!

14. buttermilk

nectarine / 2086 posts

@mizhi: yay! Good luck!

I've missed a lot of the board action today. Just feeling so doooonnneee and lazy. I'm having a sleepover with some girlfriends tonight which will by very silly and fun. But I'm not actually spending the night bc fuck sleeping bags!

Anyone else ever feel baby hiccups in their butt??? I got this going on right now lol so funny. Thanks for the responses about baby position. I'm finally feeling kicks on the right side again and hiccups are def still low and on the left which is good. Her position still feels funny to me, I'm getting more movement in the middle of my belly than I'm used to but it's so hard to tell what's going on! Just gotta trust this little bean to get into the right position.

Also I cannot believe I could potentially have a baby next week!

15. OhCaptain

kiwi / 696 posts

Man, I had a busy morning and I feel like I missed a bunch on this board!

Instead of backtracking and congratulating and responding to everyone I'll just post my latest.
    I had my 39 week appointment today. I'm still just 1cm but my cervix has shortened and is now "midline" according to my midwife. She did an ultrasound to make sure baby was head down. She said she was pretty sure, but wanted to check. Everything looked good, baby is head down and i have plenty of fluid. She did say that the baby is big (as I expected. My son was 9lb 7oz, my husband was 11.5lbs!) and because im a VBACS she doesn't want to let me go past 41 weeks (normally I could go to 42 before transferring care to a hospital). So she told me to have all the sex, and take long Walks and use EPO until Sunday. (I'm due saturday) On Sunday I'll take a dose of cytotek and then again on Monday. Ill go into her office at 9am on Monday and she'll place a Foley catheter. Hopefully all these things (in conjunction with a fully grown baby) will help tip me into labor. If not, I'll have a repeat section next week. She said she's going to get the on on call schedule from the hospital to see when her preferred OB(s) will be on call.
    So, hopefully I'll go into labor on my own, but if not I'll have a baby by Friday!
    I will admit, I'm having a hard time not feeling defeated. This is exactly what happened with my son, and I had a failed induction. I'm more progressed this time and my body feels different, but it's still been hard for me. My husband reminded me that it's only Wednesday, and at the end of pregnancy a week is a lonnng time. So I'm working on staying positive.
    My mom will be arriving (she lives 14 hours away) on Saturday and staying for three weeks. My inlaws will be arriving a few days before she leaves and staying for 10-14 days. So.....lots of family help for about a month.

16. Mizhi

coffee bean / 46 posts

Heading over to the hospital now ... Maybe I'm being pessimistic, but I have a feeling they'll turn me away! My contractions seem to be about every 4-5 minutes around 50 to 1:20 long ... Back labor is no joke, and this is only the early phase! *Waves white flag* Epidural! Epidural!

17. getjazzy

persimmon / 1179 posts

@Mizhi: Ahhh!! Good luck mama. I hope they keep you. Back labor IS no joke. Get a heating pad for your back, it's the only thing that got me through!

18. OhCaptain

kiwi / 696 posts

@Mizhi: good luck!!'

19. MrsStar

nectarine / 2994 posts

@Mizhi: Good luck! Back labor is super horrible! Can't wait to see an update!

20. lilteacherbee

cantaloupe / 6791 posts

@Mizhi: Eeek!! Good luck!!!

21. abmamma

kiwi / 641 posts

@Mizhi: good luck!!

22. abmamma

kiwi / 641 posts

I had my (almost) 38 week appointment today. Pretty uneventful - 1.5 cm dialated (slight increase since last week). I'm also down 2lbs since last week which I guess is common towards the end. I have a growth scan on Monday so hopefully baby is still measuring on track!

23. Mizhi

coffee bean / 46 posts

Only 3 cm, -2 station, 80% effaced. Going for a walk and going to check back in later ... They won't admit until 5 cm.

24. FliegepilzHut

pomegranate / 3533 posts

@Mizhi: Awww... Rats! I hope things kick into high gear AND your back labor feels better soon.

@buttermilk: Yes to hiccups in the buttock! My guy is SUPER low! It's always been on the right side for me, because apparently he's trying to go from ROA (through posterior) to a better position. But it sounds like your baby is probably just right!

25. getjazzy

persimmon / 1179 posts

@Mizhi: That's ok, stay positive! It took me a LONG time to even get to 3cm soon you're doing great! Keep moving, baby will be here soon!

26. OhCaptain

kiwi / 696 posts

@Mizhi: I agree with @getjazzy you are doing great!

27. cat620

pear / 1809 posts

@lilteacherbee: 6 days will fly by! Glad to hear you had a good appointment!

@FliegepilzHut: Sorry to hear your appointment didn't go so well, but you don't have much longer! The last couple weeks are always tough.

@buttermilk: A sleepover sounds fun! I keep trying to plan things with my friends and see them as much as possible, because I feel like after baby is born, it will be a while before I can get away and have time to myself again. I hope you have fun tonight!

@OhCaptain: I hope you go into labor soon! And it's awesome that you'll have so much help with the new baby!

@Mizhi: Good luck! I hope things get moving for you!

28. cat620

pear / 1809 posts

I'm starting to feel ready for this baby to come! Before I felt like I had a lot to do to prepare for baby's arrival, but I think everything important is finished and the rest is just minor stuff. I'm over being pregnant! The heat, the sore body, the lack of energy - it can all go away now. I know I can't pick which day I go into labor, but I hope it's soon!

29. getjazzy

persimmon / 1179 posts

@aprild: I'm sooooo with you!! As recently as last week, I was stressed and worried, not ready for baby at all. Since prepping a bit more, the increasing heat and the c-section date getting closer, I'm just ready to do this!! Let's hope we have deliveries in our near future.

30. abmamma

kiwi / 641 posts

@aprild: @getjazzy: I'm with you ladies!! Come on babies!

31. FliegepilzHut

pomegranate / 3533 posts

@aprild: I think I had kind of gotten spoiled to this point... But now that the end is here-- I am ready for it!

32. Ms. RV

pear / 1930 posts

Anyone else not want to go to work today because it means putting on shoes?

33. Mizhi

coffee bean / 46 posts

I'm home. My contractions are pretty sparse now unless I'm actively walking or bouncing, but the pain of the contractions when they do come make me not want to move. What to do? Jump start my contractions again or curl in a fetal position in bed?

34. buttermilk

nectarine / 2086 posts

@Mizhi: maybe you could try nipple stimulation to get them going again? Do you have a breast pump?

@Ms. RV: girrrrl yes

35. buttermilk

nectarine / 2086 posts

@aprild: it was really fun! I was very irresponsible and stayed up til 1 am lol. Up at 5:30 now for work. Just gonna nap extra when I get home!

36. kjpugs

grapefruit / 4862 posts

@Mizhi: hang in there! That happened to me too. Sent me walking for 2 hours, I barely made it, and I was still at a 2. They gave me morphine in triage then and my water broke a tiny bit and FINALLY I started dilating more. It'll happen!!! (Or probably has- since that was 13 hours ago!)

37. kjpugs

grapefruit / 4862 posts

So because someone up there hates us, yesterday LO got sent home with HFM and I definitely have it too. Dr Google and friends (and the ped!) said to call my OB who told me to go to my GP to get meds. I was like... you DO know what HFM is right? Viral? NO meds to treat it??? I'm worried about infecting Izzie in utero or what happens if she's born soon since I'm 37 weeks in 2 days. Last night I had a pity party and cried over everything that's been going on with us the last month. I feel like it's just too much at once to handle! I told DH I just want to give up in general Too bad when you're a mom that's not an option! Just waving my white flag.

38. OhCaptain

kiwi / 696 posts

@kjpugs: you poor thing. I would have cried too. Big ugly cry!

39. buttermilk

nectarine / 2086 posts

@kjpugs: so sorry!!! I don't know much about it but I feel bad for you!

40. buttermilk

nectarine / 2086 posts

Can someone go into labor pls? I'm bored! Lol

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee