Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

August 2015 Moms!

1. getjazzy

persimmon / 1179 posts

@Mizhi: As someone who did everything to keep my contractions going an then over exerted myself, I would try and nap and eat something re-energizing like a hearty oatmeal to get yourself ready for more! Baby might just be in a less than ideal position which can cause your labor to be up and down, or stall out. Check spinningbabies.com to see if there's mild position changes you can try, there's a side lying release that might help and is laying down so you'd be resting at the same time. Thinking about you!

2. OhCaptain

kiwi / 696 posts

@buttermilk: I wish I would! Now that I have one week less to attempt my VBAC i'm feeling anxious!

3. getjazzy

persimmon / 1179 posts

@buttermilk:

4. getjazzy

persimmon / 1179 posts

@kjpugs: Oh no!! I definitely would have cried too. I'm sure Izzie will be okay. Not fun to be dealing with this so close to delivery though!

5. buttermilk

nectarine / 2086 posts

@getjazzy: hahaha good one

6. buttermilk

nectarine / 2086 posts

Having a lot of back pain today. Blech!

7. kayakgirl73

clementine / 750 posts

Hang in there Ladies. Thinking of all of you.

8. getjazzy

persimmon / 1179 posts

@buttermilk: Maybe you'll be our next delivery

9. buttermilk

nectarine / 2086 posts

@getjazzy: as much as I want to meet her, that thought just made me shudder!

10. kjpugs

grapefruit / 4862 posts

@getjazzy: bahahahaha YES to that meme

11. LauraBear

cherry / 215 posts

@MrsADS: yeah, kind of annoyed! my next appt isn't until Aug 10th - what if I go into labor before then and they never did the GBS? It's not probable but it's possible!!

@mizhi: thinking of you!! hope you're taking lots of hot showers and baths and getting your DH to give you some massages!

@Ms. RV: I can't wear anything except my rainbow flipflops these days. If anyone at work has a problem with it, they haven't said anything yet!!

12. Mrs. Microscope

pear / 1788 posts

@Ms. RV: I squeezed into my shoes to go to the gym. My feet are.always smaller after my workout at least!

@kjpugs: you cry all you want! Hopefully you can all pull through the hfm before labor! See what the ob says. Good luck!

@getjazzy: best thing I've seen all week!

@buttermilk: my back is so tight! I have a massage today, and I'm going to ask for all the labor inducing pressure points they can do!

I've been having period type cramping alternating between bh contractions. .. Is this a thing? 38 weeks today and doctor tomorrow .. No bleeding or anything nut I'm confused as.to why the contractions don't hurt, but the times between them do!

13. buttermilk

nectarine / 2086 posts

@Mrs. J: @lilteacherbee: y'all are quiet today, any action?

14. cat620

pear / 1809 posts

@kjpugs: Oh no! I hope you start feeling better soon.

@Mrs. Microscope: I've never experienced that, but I know there's a huge range in what BH contractions can feel like. Maybe you're getting close!

15. cat620

pear / 1809 posts

I'm feeling so sleepy, and I just put my son down for a nap. Usually I would nap too right now, but I have to stay awake, because my husband scheduled an exterminator to come spray the outside of our house this afternoon, and I have to sign the papers. I could maybe take a 30 minute nap before he gets here, but that might make me feel more tired.

16. LauraBear

cherry / 215 posts

@kjpugs: I'm sorry! I know HFM makes little ones look so pitiful... hopefully you're OB has some good recommendations?

@getjazzy: hahahaha! Love that.

@buttermilk: @mrs. microscope: back pain and period cramps?? maybe y'all are close??

17. lilteacherbee

cantaloupe / 6791 posts

@buttermilk: Haha nope I am having lots of lightning crotch though, which is so not comfortable! And last night, I had some back pain... Really hoping he stays put for the next 5 days!!

18. getjazzy

persimmon / 1179 posts

@aprild: That's the worst! Nap time is vital at this point. I haven't been napping this week and I don't know why, I should be sleeping all I can.

Feeling better today than I have the last few days and it's actually cooler out so I'm going to try and get out for a walk this afternoon. Nothing exciting going on though, kind of getting bored of sitting around alone at home (I know, I should shut my big mouth this instant and enjoy).

19. lilteacherbee

cantaloupe / 6791 posts

@aprild: I'm sooo tired, too. I woke up an hour earlier than LO and couldn't fall back asleep. Add that to the fact that it takes me 2+ hours to fall asleep at night and I wake up often to pee... Ugh!

20. lilteacherbee

cantaloupe / 6791 posts

@kjpugs: Noooo awful, awful timing!! Hope you're both better soon!

21. Mrs. J

pomelo / 5132 posts

@kjpugs: OMG no!!!! Imma punch someone for you. Geez.

@buttermilk: lol I WISH. Toddler was up all night and then DH had to take his car in this morning which is apparently costing us at least 500. Yay. Bouncing on my ball, hoping something will start happening! I've had sporadic realish contractions over the last few days but nothing really happening. I told DH he put this baby in me so now it's his job to get him out, but sex has done nada yet! Boooo

22. getjazzy

persimmon / 1179 posts

@Mrs. J: Ugh me either.. I must be desperate because I've actually agreed to DTD every day. It's been 2 days now, and not much going on. Had a bit of spotting but that's been the norm for me the whole pregnancy so I'm not getting too excited. Bouncing on my yoga ball along side ya. Hope it starts to work for both of us. My toddler was up a bunch last night too.. maybe a sign? Hahaha

23. buttermilk

nectarine / 2086 posts

@getjazzy: @Mrs. J: we've been doing the deed a lot too and NADA! But I guess I'm still a little early at 38+2

24. Ms. RV

pear / 1930 posts

@Mrs. J: Haha. I love the line about DH putting the baby in and therefore needing to get it out. I'm going to use that!

25. autumnlove

hostess / wonderful watermelon / 39513 posts

@lilteacherbee: we might be delivery date twins! My csection on Monday was going to be with the rounding doc on call but my regular OB just called and asked if I want him to do it on Tuesday....so happy! I hope baby stays put!
    Can't wait to meet our babies!!!

26. kjpugs

grapefruit / 4862 posts

@autumnlove: yay for your OB! I've been thinking of you! And hoping maybe I'll get lucky and join you next week, haha!

27. lilteacherbee

cantaloupe / 6791 posts

@getjazzy: @buttermilk: @Mrs. J: Hahaha yall are committed! I can't even imagine DTD at this point. I can barely lay down without being super uncomfortable!

@autumnlove: Yay!!!! That's exciting! I think someone else has one scheduled on the 4th if they don't go into labor beforehand, but I can't remember who?!

28. buttermilk

nectarine / 2086 posts

@lilteacherbee: @autumnlove: exciting ladies!!!

29. Mrs. Microscope

pear / 1788 posts

I want my baby on the 4th too! My birthday is July 4, DH is March 4, so we thought it would be cool if Baby is August 4!

30. abmamma

kiwi / 641 posts

@kjpugs: so sorry you are having to deal with HFM!! Hang in there!

@getjazzy: that's awesome!

I'm with @lilteacherbee - no interest in attempting to DTD right now, y'all are dedicated. Maybe I will change my tune but for now I'm happy to try other methods

31. OhCaptain

kiwi / 696 posts

I had no interest in DTD either, until my appointment yesterday, then I felt committed to trying anything to help my cervix soften on it's own. We did it 2x yesterday, which hasn't happened in LOOOOONNNG LONNNNNNNNNG time.

32. Mrs. Microscope

pear / 1788 posts

We've been averaging about once a week for DTD, but due to my fatigue it's been about 10 days... Plan to kick it into gear this weekend if I feel well enough!

33. cat620

pear / 1809 posts

@lilteacherbee: Same here! DTD is the last thing I want to do right now. No position is comfortable.

@OhCaptain: Oh wow! Two times - you are committed!

34. cat620

pear / 1809 posts

I think baby has dropped! I looked down at my belly today, and I noticed that it seemed a lot further down than before. I also look like I'm hanging out of the bottom of my maternity shirts. Hopefully, things are moving along and baby will be there soon!

35. MrsADS

nectarine / 2262 posts

I have been so crampy and uncomfortable the last several hours. Seems like it's getting worse. My contractions are still super irregular and not that frequent but ugh, they hurt. Like bad, bad menstrual cramps. Hurts in my back and my thighs.

I would be all excited thinking THIS IS IT, but this has happened many times before and just gone away... ugh! So, I guess I just see if it gets any worse. Probably another false alarm!

36. Anagram

eggplant / 11716 posts

Hi girls!

I'm not on here much, but I had my 37.5 week appointment last night and I'm already dilated to 3 cm and 50% effaced. With LO 1, I was in active labor at 3 cm! So the difference is funny....

I'm actually in no hurry for baby to come--and I REALLY want her to stay put at least until Monday when my mom arrives to watch our toddler, so I'm semi trying to take it easy in hopes it keeps the baby in, haha.

Good to see the August babes are already arriving!

37. OhCaptain

kiwi / 696 posts

@MrsADS: I seriously feel for you. It must be so exhausting emotionally!

38. buttermilk

nectarine / 2086 posts

@aprild: cool! Still waiting for the big drop over here.

@MrsADS: poor thing! It must be so hard for you!

@Anagram: good luck keeping that baby in there a bit longer!

39. Ms. RV

pear / 1930 posts

I think I may have had some contractions? Maybe? I was driving after work today and I felt like I had really, really bad menstrual cramps... so bad I almost pulled over. It lasted about tenth of a mile going 35mph. Then about a mile down the road same thing happened again. Never felt anything like that before.

I also had a couple of twinges of lower back pain today. My lower back has not hurt once this pregnancy.

40. getjazzy

persimmon / 1179 posts

@MrsADS: I'm crossing my fingers for you!! It sure sounds like the real deal!

@autumnlove: Yay! Good news about the OB and meeting babe sooner!

@Anagram: Awesome that your body had made a lot of progress already though. Hopefully it means an easier labor when it does happen (AFTER Monday!).

NOTHING going on today. No pains like I've usually been getting, nothing and feeling bummed about it.

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee