Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

August 2015 Moms!

1. Mrs. J

pomelo / 5132 posts

@aprild: yes, looks like reverse cowgirl!

2. getjazzy

persimmon / 1179 posts

@Mrs. Microscope: @Mrs. J: Hahaha so glad everyone got a kick out of it. I was laughing out loud while I was drawing it. Then I ripped it up and tossed it so my hubby wouldn't wonder why I'm drawing sex positions LOL!!

3. LauraBear

cherry / 215 posts

@aprild: I keep thinking he's dropped but then he moves a bit and I'm not sure. I have been feeling on and off pressure on my bottom, though!

@MrsADS: I'm sorry! I can't imagine how tiring that is!

4. LauraBear

cherry / 215 posts

@Mizhi: Not admitting until 6cm!! Whoa! Thinking of you!

5. LauraBear

cherry / 215 posts

@FliegepilzHut: We have tried doggy style, spooning style, and me on top - on top is where I get the most control so that has been my go to this week. But baby does seem low so it takes a while to get comfortable. Just have to laugh through it and have fun

@MrsADS: coconut milk seems to help my leg cramps! Not sure if it's a coincidence but the days I drink it I don't have any leg cramps at night.

6. LauraBear

cherry / 215 posts

@getjazzy: this is amazing!!! I think we get the award for most fun due date board

7. LauraBear

cherry / 215 posts

@FliegepilzHut: from one newbie to another, thank you for asking these questions!!!

8. buttermilk

nectarine / 2086 posts

@getjazzy: LOLOLOLOL

9. FliegepilzHut

pomegranate / 3533 posts

@getjazzy: Ahh... I get it now! Thank you so much! LOL

@LauraBear: Any time... I apparently have no shame. The answers have been really useful, though!

10. getjazzy

persimmon / 1179 posts

@FliegepilzHut: Oh and for mucus plug.... I lost mine while I was already in labour for a few hours with my first, but I dilated slowly so that makes sense. It was like a jelly sort of consistency.. almost like the stuff that separates on the top of a can of cat food. So gross sounding, but you'll definitely know when you see it.

11. buttermilk

nectarine / 2086 posts

@getjazzy: um, that's disgusting lol

12. Mrs. Microscope

pear / 1788 posts

@getjazzy: you are rocking the question answers today! thank you, it helps us ftms so much!

13. getjazzy

persimmon / 1179 posts

@buttermilk: Ugh, I know. I almost didn't answer the question at all because I didn't want to gross you all out. Having a baby is gross business.

14. buttermilk

nectarine / 2086 posts

@getjazzy: and don't forget my husband who just wants to remind us all that it "smells pretty bad in there"

Ugh eyerolls x a million

15. getjazzy

persimmon / 1179 posts

@buttermilk: Bahaha oh yaaaaa, I forgot about that. I can't wait to hear his expert opinion when it's all over.

16. Mrs. Microscope

pear / 1788 posts

And I'm sitting in labor and delivery... BP shot through the roof and I got moved during my normal appointment. Dilated to 1cm and slightly effaced. Hopefully I get to go home, but I could be induced tonight!

17. lilteacherbee

cantaloupe / 6791 posts

This thread is keeping me entertained today thanks guys! Hahaha

@Mrs. Microscope: Ooooh keep us updated!!

18. OhCaptain

kiwi / 696 posts

@Mrs. Microscope: thinking of you! Fingers crossed your BP comes down!

19. OhCaptain

kiwi / 696 posts

Is being a horrible mom with no patience a sign of impending labor? I hope so. My 3 year old deserves better and I feel insane.

20. lilteacherbee

cantaloupe / 6791 posts

@OhCaptain: You are not horrible!! It's HARD the last few weeks of pregnancy, especially keeping up with a toddler. I've definitely lost my patience more than once. Be easy on yourself it's almost over!

21. buttermilk

nectarine / 2086 posts

@Mrs. Microscope: eeeeek! Keep us posted!

22. MrsADS

nectarine / 2262 posts

Y'all are great - that is all!!!

@Getjazzy interesting thought about anemia causing the leg cramps. My OB did check my iron levels around 30w, I think, and I was borderline anemic, but I'm not taking iron because I have really bad constipation/GI issues and I just didn't want to deal with it. But I wonder if maybe I'm a bit more anemic now being farther along and that could cause the cramping. I'll have to ask my doctor next week!

@Mrs. Microscope good luck to you!

I had my last visit to MFM today!!! Even today I didn't really "need" to go, but my doctor wanted to check the baby's growth since my fundal height was measuring so far behind this week. It was fine at 35 weeks (35cm), but at 36 weeks (this week), it was measuring about 32 ish. Well, baby looks good, they estimate about 6lbs 8oz (at 36.5 weeks) which I think they said is like 45th percentile or something like that? So, he's fine. I thought he might be bigger since DH and I are so tall, but maybe he will just be long. Then they put me on the monitor. The nurse said "uh, you are having a TON of contractions!" But the doctor didn't seem to be worried, he said just keep an eye on it, and go to the hospital if the pain gets bad (???). And my contractions today were not nearly as bad as they were last night So, we'll see what happens!

23. cat620

pear / 1809 posts

@Mrs. Microscope: Good luck with everything! Keep us updated.

@OhCaptain: I feel like I don't have patience any longer, and I'm constantly snapping at my 2 year old. He knows exactly how to push my buttons, and sometimes I'm too tired to deal with him.

@MrsADS: I'm glad you had a good appointment!

24. Mrs. Microscope

pear / 1788 posts

Already posted on the labor board... But baby is coming this weekend! Induction time!

25. abmamma

kiwi / 641 posts

Totally agree that the posts today have been high on the entertainment chart

@OhCaptain: I feel this way a lot lately too. My patience serms to wear more thin more easily these days. Don't beat yourself up!

26. cat620

pear / 1809 posts

I just got back from my appointment. Everything looks great! I got a chance to ask questions about having a VBAC, so I'll share some information in case anyone is interested.

My practice won't induce for a VBAC, since this can increase the risk of uterine rupture, but if I need help during labor, I can have a low dose of pitocin. Their VBAC success rate is a little higher than 70%. If I go past my due date, they will give me a NST and see how well the baby is doing. If he looks healthy, they will let me go up to 5 days over my due date, but it's a grey area where they really prefer you don't go over at all. The VBAC success rate goes down the further over you go. They do not require VBAC moms get an epidural at the hospital. If I needed an emergency c-section, they will put me under general anesthesia and can get the baby out in roughly 7 minutes. I need to be constantly monitored while I'm laboring at the hospital, so they can respond quickly if something goes wrong (mainly uterine rupture). The monitor is not wireless, but I can still move around the room. The monitoring is external, unless they have trouble hearing the baby, and then it would be internal. They want me to come to the hospital once my contractions get about 5 minutes apart. If my water breaks, I should come in immediately.

I think that's about everything. I'm really hoping this baby comes soon!

27. kjpugs

grapefruit / 4862 posts

I need to come back and read all of today's posts when I'm at a computer. It's been a rough day. At my appt today I thought I was getting checked (37 week appt) but today's doctor said she doesn't do checks at this point unless I'm having contractions or issues. Major bummer. I mean who knows perhaps she would say no progress and it would just be a let down but I needed a pick me up! I think I asked her too many questions (she is not one of the ones who delivers- I forget what they're called) about HFM/gall bladder stuff because she got my fave doctor to come in and talk to me. They can't do an ultrasound for my gallbladder because at this point the uterus gets in the way. And HFM is not a concern to baby thankfully.

Unfortunatley after that I needed to get food and chose a plain chicken subway sub. I get them weekly or more so nothing new. The subway lady gave it to me free because she said it looked like I had a hard day. 30 minutes later I was in agony having an attack again. My husband had to call our nanny to come (since E is home with HFM) while I tried to feel better. Luckily I vomited within probably an hour and felt better after a nap. Unfortunately, I won't be eating subway again maybe ever because that was traumatizing.

So now I am legitimately terrified to eat anything since I thought I was making a good choice. Toast forever. I'm feeling so defeated and frustrated and doomed right now and just want to have her so I can get this figured out. I'm so terrified of this happening during labor or right after I have her, although hopefully after I will have help.

28. buttermilk

nectarine / 2086 posts

@kjpugs: that's awful! So you didn't get anymore answers about your gallbladder situation? I'm so sorry

@aprild: glad you got some much needed info! Hope you're feeling better about making the decision now.

So, is it possible for baby to drop/engage without me feeling the pressure? I mean the bump seems low, and I feel hiccups very low down, but I've never been pregnant before so what do I know?! I'd post a bump pic for yall, but that would mean I'd have to put on pants soooooo nah.

29. kjpugs

grapefruit / 4862 posts

@buttermilk: Not really- they have a plan to check it out after but right now there isn't anything they can really do. Don't want to do a CT scan and X-rays are hard to see the gallbladder at this point. So diet and pray is all I can do.

I forgot to add, I have a bday party a week from tomorrow that's at a pool and right during E's naptime. I don't know what to do. Even if she was awake I wouldn't want to chase her around a pool. My legit only plan is to have this baby before then, haha!

30. FliegepilzHut

pomegranate / 3533 posts

@getjazzy: Thank you! More TMI: I have seen a number of jelly-like gobs today (maybe a quarter size, total?)...trying not to get my hopes up, though.

@kjpugs: I'm so sorry. That really does sound like your gallbladder, though.

@buttermilk: Your DH... I think baby can totally drop without you feeling pressure! The people who pointed it out to me commented on the increased space between breasts and belly (paraphrasing, of course). Also, the lower curve of my belly is sitting right at my bikini line...maybe it was higher before?

31. getjazzy

persimmon / 1179 posts

@FliegepilzHut: That definitely sounds like some of your plug! Could be good news.. Or like the rest of "labour signs" it could be nothing. How's that for an answer haha.

@kjpugs: That is awful and it's disappointing that they can't do anything for you. I hope baby comes soon to either a-alleviate the situation or b-allow them to look more in to it! Doesn't seem right at all that you're just left to suffer.

32. Torchwood

pomelo / 5607 posts

So, question. Now that there are some more babies born, should I be checking back here, or will we start a new thread for postpartum/babies?

33. buttermilk

nectarine / 2086 posts

@FliegepilzHut: I've had some jelly today too! Haha gross.

34. OhCaptain

kiwi / 696 posts

@kjpugs: I'm firmly against parties during naptime.

35. kjpugs

grapefruit / 4862 posts

@OhCaptain: This friend is PROUD of how her daughter doesn't have a schedule. I mean I guess to each their own but when I last saw her earlier this summer and said how I had to get E home to sleep she started bragging how her daughter is so flexible and doesn't have set nap times. (She's turning 1 now.) I was like HOW DO YOU PLAN ANYTHING? Like what if she rolled up to the park and her LO was fast asleep????? I don't get it.

36. FliegepilzHut

pomegranate / 3533 posts

@getjazzy: Definitely. I'm also feeling a little too manic after about 4.5hours of sleep last night...and no nap. We shall see.

@buttermilk: Definitely gross! And definitely more than the EWCM-y stuff I've been having off and on for the last couple of weeks.

37. getjazzy

persimmon / 1179 posts

@aprild: Thanks for sharing the VBAC info! Very helpful to read.

@buttermilk: @FliegepilzHut: Jealous of your lost plugs (lol?). Hope things start happening for a lot of us!! Not looking like a blue moon babe for me!

38. abmamma

kiwi / 641 posts

Ugh, ladies, I just have to vent for a minute. DH just told me he's not going to be able to come with me to my growth scan Monday morning. He just started a new project/contract at work and they have some early morning thing scheduled that he feels like he has to go to. And while I get that, I'm still really annoyed because 2 months ago (or more!) we specifically talked about him not taking on anything new the end of July given baby stuff but that's exactly what ended up happening. Now he is going to miss the scan (which probably isn't that big of a deal) and is likely going to have less flexibility in terms of time-off/schedule when the baby arrives. I'm just really frustrated! He's also been sort of pessimistic lately and focusing on the stress of the newborn stage rather than being excited about the baby which really bums me out. I know deep down he will be happy when the baby is here but my hormones are starting to get to me!! Sigh. Ok, end of rant now.

39. cat620

pear / 1809 posts

@kjpugs: I'm sorry to hear about your rough day! Hopefully, baby will come soon, so you can solve these abdominal issues.

@buttermilk: I think so. I feel like my belly has dropped, but I don't feel pressure. I've heard that for some women, dropping can be gradual and done in stages versus all at once, so maybe we have dropped halfway or so?

@kjpugs: I usually skip things that happen during my son's naptime, because he turns into a very cranky toddler when he doesn't get his sleep! I totally understand if you skip too.

@abmamma: That sounds frustrating! Hopefully, he'll be there for you when the baby is born and can take some time off work.

40. OhCaptain

kiwi / 696 posts

@kjpugs: my friends all give me crap about being "strict" with my sons schedule (which I'm not, he just needs a nap!) but you know what? As a three year old he goes to bed Between 8 and 9, and their kids bounce off the walls until whenever, because they fell asleep on the couch at 5pm.
    Of course as I'm saying this he is calling out repeatedly from his bed. So, I'm not trying to pretend our way is perfect.
    When he was under 2 he was not very much fun (understatement) if he skipped his nap.

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee