Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

August 2015 Moms!

1. Mrs. Chocolate

blogger / nectarine / 2600 posts

Just checking in, Im awful about keeping up sadly but wanted to say hi. In 45 minutes it will be August! Good luck to everyone as we welcome in a new bunch of babies

Congrats to everyone who had an early baby as well!

2. Ms. RV

pear / 1930 posts

@abmamma: Aww that sucks And of course it is probably too late to call and see if they have an opening on Monday afternoon so he wouldn't have to miss the scan or the meeting

3. Mrs. J

pomelo / 5132 posts

This blue moon is a load of crap! I hoped it would send us into labor!!!

4. OhCaptain

kiwi / 696 posts

@Mrs. J: me too! I was contracting earlier,
    But totally sporadically. Now....nothing. Booooo

5. MrsStar

nectarine / 2994 posts

@Mrs. J: I was hoping for something to happen for the full moon too but noooooope due date is tomorrow! really hoping baby girl makes her appearance soon, I'm sick of waiting

in-laws are annoying me - they're ringing every day asking if baby is here yet.so this applies:

6. abmamma

kiwi / 641 posts

@aprild: @Ms. RV: thanks for the moral support, ladies! I'm sure it will all be fine- just needed to vent and I feel bad getting pissy with DH since it is mostly out of his control.

@Mrs. J: I know! I really thought someone would benefit from the full moon. Clearly a lot of nonsense

7. abmamma

kiwi / 641 posts

@MrsStar: love that meme. I am definitely getting questions about signs of baby and still almost 2 weeks until my due date - it's already getting old!

8. cat620

pear / 1809 posts

@Mrs. Chocolate: I can't believe it's August already! Come on babies!!

@Mrs. J: I know! I didn't have a single contraction all night.

@MrsStar: I get sick of people constantly asking me too. I'm always getting phone calls or texts from family and friends asking me how I'm doing - which is code for "are you in labor?" One family member actually gets mad if I don't give her an update every single day, but I have nothing new to say!

9. MrsBananaGrabber

apricot / 309 posts

@MrsStar: I love that- exactly how I feel!

I have family members texting me several times a day asking "Are you in the hospital?", because they are paranoid that I'll go in and they won't know within 10 minutes. Of course, when I don't respond immediately they freak out and assuming I've had the baby in secret.

I've tried EVERYTHING I can think of to make this baby come out, and nothing seems to work! I've been having contractions about 10-15 minutes apart for over 2 weeks now. People constantly asking me when the baby is coming does NOT make me feel any more physically comfortable or any less frustrated!

10. cat620

pear / 1809 posts

Has anyone had their membranes swept? If you did it for a previous pregnancy, did it work? My practice won't do chemical inductions for a VBAC, but they will sweep my membranes if I ask for it. I've never had it done before, so I'm worried it might hurt. Also, I'm not sure how effective it is.

11. abmamma

kiwi / 641 posts

@aprild: I had my membranes swept at least once with DD (in the hopes Id go into labor before my scheduled induction) but i don't know that it did anything. I remember it being uncomfortable but not too bad. And any pain was short-lived. I might ask about it at my 39 week appointment- it's probably worth a try!

12. Mizhi

coffee bean / 46 posts

Baby is here. Crazy and scary will post story l&d later. Can't promise it will be soon ... August 1 baby.

13. abmamma

kiwi / 641 posts

@Mizhi: oh my gosh- Congrats! Hope you and baby are ok.

14. lilteacherbee

cantaloupe / 6791 posts

@Mizhi: Hope everything is okay Congrats!

15. Mrs. J

pomelo / 5132 posts

@Mizhi: oh my goodness! Congrats and hope you both are doing well!!!

16. getjazzy

persimmon / 1179 posts

@Mizhi: Congrats!! I'm sorry it was a scary ordeal but I'm glad baby is here safely.

17. OhCaptain

kiwi / 696 posts

@Mizhi: congrats and thinking of you!

18. OhCaptain

kiwi / 696 posts

So, in regards to family and friends asking about labor.... I want to answer the same way I answer my three year old when he asks me the same question over and over (are you done mommy? Are you done mommy?). "You'll know I'm in Labor because i will clearly say ' I'm in labor!'"

19. cat620

pear / 1809 posts

@abmamma: I figured it might be worth a try. From what I'm reading, it can't do any harm (unless they accidentally break your water, but that is rare), and I want to do everything I can to get this baby out!

@Mizhi: Congrats! Hope you're both doing okay.

20. OhCaptain

kiwi / 696 posts

Also, it's my due date! somehow back in November when I got a positive test, I was sure this day would never come!

21. FliegepilzHut

pomegranate / 3533 posts

@Mizhi: So sorry you had a scary experience! Hope everyone is happy and healthy!

22. lilteacherbee

cantaloupe / 6791 posts

Most people know I'm having a c-section, but they seem convinced that I will go into labor beforehand. I swear, I get asked at least twice a day if I feel any different, having any pains, etc. It makes me nervous because I DON'T want that to happen haha. I've only got 3 more days, so be patient people!!

@OhCaptain: Happy Due Date!! I'm 39 weeks today and I agree that in November, it felt like foreverrrr away, but this pregnancy has actually gone sooo fast for the most part!

23. OhCaptain

kiwi / 696 posts

@lilteacherbee: yes, it has gone fast! Other than a few really sick weeks in my first trimester!

24. abmamma

kiwi / 641 posts

@OhCaptain: happy due date!

25. FliegepilzHut

pomegranate / 3533 posts

@OhCaptain: And happy due date! (That is totally worthy of congratulations, isn't it?).

26. lil owl

apricot / 345 posts

So much happening here!

I had my 39 week appointment, I'm 1,5cm and 90% effaced but should try to keep baby in there as long as possible, because she's so small.
    My midwife told me today, if I wanted her out I should drink vervain tea made with lots of cinnamon, cloves and ginger. Has anyone ever heard of this? I believe it's a “thing” over here to induce labour....

27. buttermilk

nectarine / 2086 posts

@Mizhi: congratulations! Hope you two are doing well

@lil owl: never heard of it! must Google now!

@OhCaptain: happy due date!!!

I don't rly know what to do with myself this wknd. Obviously we have made no plans! Come on babyyyy.

28. lil owl

apricot / 345 posts

@buttermilk: You can buy the mixture here in pharmacies as “labour tea”. And they make you promise not to drink it before 40 weeks. (I just sent DH to get some, just in case...)

29. Mrs. Microscope

pear / 1788 posts

@OhCaptain: I've been in the hospital for 24 hours almost and we haven't told any family! Don't want to be bugged by calls and texts... We will let them know when baby arrives!

30. Mrs. Microscope

pear / 1788 posts

@Mizhi: glad you and baby are ok!

31. OhCaptain

kiwi / 696 posts

@lil owl: the only time I've heard of vervane is on The Vampire Diaries, as a way to render vampires useless. Yes, I am a teenage girl...

32. OhCaptain

kiwi / 696 posts

@Mrs. Microscope: I'd probably be the same with a long slow induction! How's it going?

Sorry! Just saw your update on the l and d board

33. OhCaptain

kiwi / 696 posts

I'd like to announce that at 40 weeks we have finally put the crib together!

34. buttermilk

nectarine / 2086 posts

@OhCaptain: congratulations!!

35. Mrs. J

pomelo / 5132 posts

@OhCaptain: bahahahhahaha I thought of Vampire Diaries too!!!

36. Mrs. J

pomelo / 5132 posts

I think I might have gotten stretch marks this time y'all

37. getjazzy

persimmon / 1179 posts

@OhCaptain: Happy due date!!

38. OhCaptain

kiwi / 696 posts

@Mrs. J: welcome to the stretch mark club!

39. kjpugs

grapefruit / 4862 posts

@Mizhi: Congrats- hope all are ok!!!!! Thinking of you!

40. kjpugs

grapefruit / 4862 posts

@Mrs. J: Me too, WOMP WOMP

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee