Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

August 2015 Moms!

1. Ms. RV

pear / 1930 posts

@aprild: Yay for baby dropping!

2. cat620

pear / 1809 posts

@MrsADS: Keep us updated! You never know when it could be real labor.

@Anagram: I hope baby stays in there a little longer!

@Ms. RV: Sounds like you're getting close! Keep us updated

3. Mizhi

coffee bean / 46 posts

Called the hospital around 11 pm. They told me not to come in until the contractions were 1.5-2 minutes apart!!! Broke down and sobbed. Ended up going to the hospital without calling around 3:30 am. Cervical check was horrid. The nurse said I was 2 cm 50% effaced which differed from the 3 cm 80% from Thursday's check. Anyway, walked for 2 hours and went back. Same nurse, no change!

As we're waiting to be checked out there's a shift change. The new midwife decides she'll let me have morphine and f-something to make me drowsy. Queue fist pump and a hell yeah plus tears of happiness (not kidding). So I took a nice long drugged up sleep while DH went home for a bit.

Woke up to a 4.5-5 cm plus baby is right there! Off to do some stair climbing in-hospital since I have a hep-lock in. They're not admitting until 6 cm or waters breaking since the full moon has brought all the preggos out.

Sorry for any errors. On mobile!

4. MrsStar

nectarine / 2994 posts

@Mizhi: Hope everything is going well! Can't wait to hear that baby has been born!

5. getjazzy

persimmon / 1179 posts

@Mizhi: Oh man!! Sorry for the rough start but you're well on your way now. This reminds me so much of my labour with my first. Hang in there!! I'm glad you got to grab a bit of sleep to keep you going. Can't wait to hear all about that baby!

Queue late pregnancy insomnia! My dog woke me up like she needed to urgently use the bathroom and instead proceeded to run directly in to the garden and pace back and fourth at the fence. I think she had a dream something was invading our yard because she can't see out of any windows so she definitely didn't get tipped off about an animal being out there. Weirdo.

Caused me to have a bit of cramping (gone now, boo!) and then lay here wide awake (also boo!).

6. lilteacherbee

cantaloupe / 6791 posts

@Mizhi: I hope this is it!! Good luck!!!!

7. Ms. RV

pear / 1930 posts

@Mizhi: Sounds like you'll be having a full moon baby!!! Good luck!

8. MrsBananaGrabber

apricot / 309 posts

@Mizhi: Good luck!

9. abmamma

kiwi / 641 posts

@Mizhi: hoping this is it!!

@getjazzy: I had similar issues except I have no idea why I woke up. But at 2:30 I was wide awake and laid there for 2 hours before finally going back to sleep. Pregnancy insomnia sucks!

10. buttermilk

nectarine / 2086 posts

@getjazzy: I'm also starting to have a harder time falling back asleep in the middle of the night. Anyone have tips for the swelling? My hands and feet get SOOO swollen while I'm sleeping and it's getting worse, and keeping me awake.

@Mizhi: oh girl sounds like things are moving along! Can't wait for your next update!

11. kitty

apricot / 315 posts

@buttermilk: could you try some kind of compression socks for the feet at least? Not really sure if that's what they are for?

Looks like things are really getting moving around here! So exciting

12. MrsADS

nectarine / 2262 posts

Another false alarm for me. No surprise there, just frustrating.

I am starting to really suffer with nighttime leg cramps. I don't know how I managed to avoid them this whole time, but this week it's been almost every night. Last night I got them in the back of both calves, and one in the front of my calf (the muscle just to the right of the shin that runs from the knee to the foot) - at the same time as having one in the back.

Does anyone have any surefire ways to help? I have been taking magnesium the whole pregnancy for GI issues and "supposedly" that is a good way to help. Which I believed until I started getting them! I also started eating bananas and drinking OJ every day for potassium... doesn't seem to be doing anything. And I drink milk/eat dairy for calcium. So I don't know what else to do!!

@Mizhi good luck!!!

@Getjazzy my insomnia is terrible, so I feel your pain. I will get up to go to the bathroom and then be up for 2 or 3 hours for no reason. It's horrible and the next day is so rough. Sometimes eating a snack like a bowl of cereal will help me go back to sleep (sometimes it doesn't!).

13. krispi

clementine / 911 posts

@Ms. RV: I've had a couple of instances this past week of cramps like that, but then they go away after a little while. Here's hoping that they eventually don't stop and end up being the real thing!

14. buttermilk

nectarine / 2086 posts

@MrsADS: I had leg cramps almost daily for a couple months but now it seems they have disappeared. My midwife says there isn't really anything you can do, bc we are already taking increased amounts of those in vitamin form. I bought magnesium oil spray on Amazon and would rub that on my calves before bed but I didn't notice much of a difference

15. FliegepilzHut

pomegranate / 3533 posts

@MrsADS: Here's hoping baby comes soon and stops teasing!

@Anagram: FX that baby arrives early next week once your mom is here!

@Mizhi: Sounds like labor to me! Hooray!

@getjazzy: I hear you on the insomnia... I was up during the middle of last night looking at HB...but was so exhausted that I eventually did fall back asleep.

@buttermilk: Medium compression stockings (like slightly thicker pantyhose...but only knee-high) work really well for me during the day! Worse at night, though? Make sure you touch base with your provider if you feel like you're having excessive weight gain/swelling!

My 24-hour urine protein was normal and blood pressure was just high that one time in the office.

I hate to ask (sorry to be crass!), but...for those of you that are still DTD late 3rd trimester (we've had a dry spell due mostly to lack of time and energy)...is there a position or strategy that has worked well for you? Also, once baby's head has dropped, is it uncomfortable?

16. OhCaptain

kiwi / 696 posts

@FliegepilzHut: the only position I want to do is doggy style. I suppose I could get on top, but I don't really want to, and anything that puts pressure on my belly isn't comfortable. My baby has dropped a bit. But I haven't noticed any issues on that front. Also, we aren't normally lube users, but I've found it to make all the difference.
    Also, don't worry about being crass! This is pregnancy!

17. OhCaptain

kiwi / 696 posts

@Mizhi: good luck! Can't wait to hear your update!

18. Mrs. J

pomelo / 5132 posts

@FliegepilzHut: try on top! It's hilarious matter how you try it.
    @Mizhi: sounds like the real deal!! Good luck!!!
    @buttermilk: keep an eye on it. If it gets worse, i would call. Have you tried elevating your feet?

Boo I thought something interesting might be happening last night, but I woke up NOT in labor. Wah.

I am going to a concert with my mom and sister tonight(you get to bring blankets and food), but it's supposed to be very hot today.

19. FliegepilzHut

pomegranate / 3533 posts

@OhCaptain: @Mrs. J: Thank you (especially for not making me feel bad for asking )! I think doggy style may be our only real option...since the last few attempts WOT resulted in a fair bit of squishing, even with lots of propping/elevation of my upper body. Wow...TMI.

20. Mrs. Microscope

pear / 1788 posts

@FliegepilzHut: we do spooning style. It works for us!

38 week check today, prepared for no progress on the cervix check, but hopefully I get some good news!

@buttermilk: I got a.massage yesterday and had her work on induction acupressure and lymphatic drainage. I didn't go into labor, but I saw my bones in my feet for the first time since Early June and my wedding rings fit for a few hours last night! Swollen again this morning though, ugh!

21. FliegepilzHut

pomegranate / 3533 posts

@Mrs. Microscope: Worth a try...but not sure how one gets leverage. FX for a good exam today!

22. buttermilk

nectarine / 2086 posts

@FliegepilzHut: I agree about doggie style! It's the only thing mildly comfy for me. Everything else feels like he is banging my uterus up into my rib cage lol.

23. OhCaptain

kiwi / 696 posts

@buttermilk: lol, exactly. And then I can't breathe.

24. buttermilk

nectarine / 2086 posts

Full moon tonight!!

I actually rly wouldn't want to go into labor tonight bc the hospitals will be so full!!!

25. getjazzy

persimmon / 1179 posts

@MrsADS: I'm sorry, that's so brutal and unfair about the false alarms!! In terms of the legs.. Has your doctor checked your iron at all? When I had really low iron pre and during my first pregnancy I had a lot of leg cramping and restless legs, taking iron supplements helped. I'm preventatively taking iron now to prepare for delivery because I came close to needing a blood transfusion to replace my iron and I want to avoid that this time but, coincidentally I haven't had any leg cramping this time!

@FliegepilzHut: Weeee do it doggy style and it's not comfortable anymore at all (it was, just a week or so ago but I think baby has dropped lower). The reason we do it that way is because it irritates the cervix the most which is a bit ouch and gets the.. prostaglandins (lol) closest to the cervix to help induce. Business operations over here haha.. Side lying is actually really comfortable because the belly can rest on the bed, maybe try that? Husband gets sort of perpendicular to me if that makes sense... like a T shape.

26. getjazzy

persimmon / 1179 posts

@buttermilk: I slept in sooooo late this morning without getting up to pee since my wake up due to the dog an a friend was like "OMG you're having the baby today!" apparently she slept a good deal for the first time the day before she went in to labour. One can only hope! Blue moon baby would be cool! Or, Aug 1st because hubs and I were married on a 1st of the month.

27. FliegepilzHut

pomegranate / 3533 posts

@buttermilk: I can only imagine at this point...but again, baby is LOW. Ugh...

@getjazzy: Makes sense to me! Except the side-lying part...and I'm afraid I might need a diagram to understand a perpendicular angle/T-shape. Perhaps labor tonight followed by baby tomorrow???

Okay...another newbie question-- what does a mucus "plug" look like? Just globs of mucus? Or somehow more solid??? Ah, the things I never thought I'd ask....

28. cat620

pear / 1809 posts

@Mizhi: Good luck with everything!

@getjazzy: Pregnancy insomnia is no fun! I've been doing pretty good about getting sleep at night, but I seriously have to get up 4 times a night to pee. It's so irritating!

@FliegepilzHut: I think laying on my side is the most comfortable position at this point. We aren't DTD very often, but when we do, that's our go-to position.

@Mrs. J: Have fun at the concert tonight!

29. FliegepilzHut

pomegranate / 3533 posts

@aprild: Thank you!

30. cat620

pear / 1809 posts

I have a check-up at 3pm today. I am 38 weeks + 5 days, so I guess it could be considered my 39 week appointment. I've got my list of VBAC questions ready, and I'm hoping to get some answers and feel better about the process. Tonight, we're going with DH's parents to Food Truck Friday, which is a gathering of food trucks in a nearby park. They also have live music. I don't have plans for Sat or Sun, so I'm hoping to finish cleaning up the house and have some time to rest.

31. getjazzy

persimmon / 1179 posts

@FliegepilzHut: Ok soooo I searched Google for 5 minutes and didn't find what I meant so I drew it... LOL!!! My art skills suck though! It's like spooning, but with the man less stuck against your back.. Allows a bit more leverage. Hahahaha I can't believe I'm posting this but it could be helpful!

32. getjazzy

persimmon / 1179 posts

@aprild: Hope you get your answers!! Share them, if you don't mind. I would love to hear all the info I can. Good luck!!

33. getjazzy

persimmon / 1179 posts

OMG that drawing is huge... hahahaha. Is this even allowed on the board? Mayyybe I need to delete it in a little bit.

34. OhCaptain

kiwi / 696 posts

@getjazzy: bahahahahaha. You win for the drawing/diagram.

35. cat620

pear / 1809 posts

@getjazzy: Haha that picture is awesome! Although it looks like reverse cowgirl to me. Are you saying the woman is laying down in that picture?

36. getjazzy

persimmon / 1179 posts

@OhCaptain: Hahahaha I'm literally hiding under a rock over here. Hope they don't give me the boot for posting inappropriate content.

37. getjazzy

persimmon / 1179 posts

@aprild: Yes! Both laying on their sides, man doing the work.

38. cat620

pear / 1809 posts

@getjazzy: Oh that makes sense! That's what we've been doing as our go-to position.

39. Mrs. Microscope

pear / 1788 posts

@getjazzy: that's it exactly! Love it! The stick figure baby bump is the best part!

40. Mrs. J

pomelo / 5132 posts

@getjazzy: bahahahhahaha this is my new favorite thing right now...

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee