Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

August 2015 Moms!

1. kjpugs

grapefruit / 4862 posts

Is feeling feverish a sign of labor? Can we pretend it is? My thermometer doesn't read any temp but I feel feverish and DH even mentioned I was warm. BLEGH.

2. Mrs. J

pomelo / 5132 posts

@kjpugs: is feeling super hormonal like you wanna bawl? Because that's what I've got right now.

3. cat620

pear / 1809 posts

Just saw this posted on FB hahaha

4. kjpugs

grapefruit / 4862 posts

@Mrs. J: Ha I wish. If that was the case I think most of us would be in labor!

5. buttermilk

nectarine / 2086 posts

@Mrs. J: damn and you were so close! I'm still waiting for mine to pop up. How many days left for you now?

6. buttermilk

nectarine / 2086 posts

I think I must have drank a whole gallon of RRL tea today.

7. lilteacherbee

cantaloupe / 6791 posts

@Mrs. J: Me too I escaped with none with N, but I've recently found a few around my belly button (which is a major outtie and that never happened with N either!). They literally popped up during the last week or so!

8. Mrs. J

pomelo / 5132 posts

@buttermilk: like 4 days (or more with my luck!)

9. abmamma

kiwi / 641 posts

Ugh- I keep forgetting my stomach is so squished. We went out for dinner and I was so hungry that I ate (a normal amount) too fast and now I feel like I might die.

10. lilteacherbee

cantaloupe / 6791 posts

@abmamma: Totally did that tonight, too. I only ate half my dinner because I felt like I was literally going to pop. I told DH that I had a food baby as well as a real baby

11. OhCaptain

kiwi / 696 posts

I'm feeling very swollen today. And at one day "over due" I am having a hard time not googling to see if every little "twinge" could be a sign of impending labor. Even though I know better. I have an appointment tomorrow morning at 9am, and if my cervix is still 1cm I'll probably burst into ugly tears at my midwifes office.

12. kjpugs

grapefruit / 4862 posts

@OhCaptain: Ugh- worst feeling!!! Hang in there!

13. Mrs. Chocolate

blogger / nectarine / 2600 posts

I hope all of you wanting to deliver soon get your wishes! If any of you want to send some overdue dust my way Ill gladly take it. I would love to go longer with this one so I have some more time with my current littles I tend to birth them at 39 weeks so I hit that Monday and Im really hoping to get an extra week if not 2 in this time so all the long dust please!

14. kjpugs

grapefruit / 4862 posts

@Mrs. Chocolate: I went at 40+1 last time so I will trade you

15. OhCaptain

kiwi / 696 posts

@Mrs. Chocolate: if I wasn't on a deadline for a VBAC, I'd feel the same as you.

16. Ms. RV

pear / 1930 posts

@Mrs. Chocolate: Monday (39 weeks for me too) would be perfect. I want to stop working, but there is a training class I am supposed to give on Monday so I'd like to be there for that. People at work keep teasing me that my water is going to break while I'm training them. They will feel really bad if it does but I'll probably laugh really, really hard (eventually).

I feel like I'm going to go on 8/12, though, or 8/24. Are those late enough for you?

17. MissLace

apricot / 311 posts

i went to the Dr on friday for my 37 week (exactly) appointment and found out i am 1cm dilated and 50% effaced. I haven't had any painful contractions at all, just barely noticeable BH. Of course now I'm paranoid to go into work the next two weeks even though I'm fully planning on working from home most of the time because of my commute. and last night was the first night of full blown insomnia and having stressed out dreams of my water breaking at work...

18. Ms. RV

pear / 1930 posts

Has anyone else but extra... umm.. regular lately? We went out to a new Mexican place on Wednesday and I thought it was the dinner. But it hasn't stopped. Now I feel I'm making up for months of constipation!

19. OhCaptain

kiwi / 696 posts

@Ms. RV: yes. Although mine comes in waves. Like, I'll be normal, and then I'll have a day where I go all the time.

20. Mrs. J

pomelo / 5132 posts

@Ms. RV: YES!! Extra extra. Lol
    @Mrs. Chocolate: I'll trade with you! I'm due Wed, but I went 41+3 with my first.

21. lilteacherbee

cantaloupe / 6791 posts

Y'all. I have less than 48 hours....

Sending some of my early labor vibes to all of you because I really want to hold out until Tuesday morning! And I want to see some more babies!!!

22. lilteacherbee

cantaloupe / 6791 posts

@autumnlove: Are you ready?!

23. getjazzy

persimmon / 1179 posts

@Mrs. Chocolate: I went 41+2, I will send you all the keep-cooking vibes I can! I would say send me your early vibes but I'm 40 weeks tomorrow sooo, on time vibes? Haha

@Ms. RV: I would say I go in waves too. Some times I even wake up in the night to go a couple of times which is totally unheard of.

Nothing going on here, boo. Hosting a dinner today, we got roped in to it and hoping my house doesn't become a disaster because I don't want to deal with cleaning all over again. Although, I guess cleaning might send me in to labour so.. There's that.

24. buttermilk

nectarine / 2086 posts

@Ms. RV: mega yes! But I've been like this for the past month.

I am going nuts over here. Everything is ready and idk what to do with myself. I just made a batch of padsicles. Yay for Sunday vag crafts! Gonna go eat some spicy noodles with DH for lunch and make a blackberry pie later.

@lilteacherbee: eek! can't wait for your baby!

25. mrsjyw

GOLD / wonderful apricot / 22646 posts

@aprild: just stalking the boards for Aug babies, but wanted to chime in re: membrane sweeps. I had two w ds1 at 39 wks (lost my mucus plug) and on my due date (bloody show then labor next day).

This time I had them swept once at 38w and my water broke the next morning and I had ds2 8 hours later!!

Good luck!!

26. Mrs. J

pomelo / 5132 posts

@lilteacherbee: ahh are you ready?!?!

27. mrsjyw

GOLD / wonderful apricot / 22646 posts

@lilteacherbee: @autumnlove: good luck ladies!!!

28. kjpugs

grapefruit / 4862 posts

Ok guys, I'm going to deactivate because I just can't take the cattiness on this site anymore. If anyone wants to keep up with me you can follow my Instagram at @kjpugs! And please holler if you all start a FB group! Much love to all you lovely August Mamas!

29. FliegepilzHut

pomegranate / 3533 posts

@kjpugs: So sorry. I did see the tone on that one. Not cool.

30. getjazzy

persimmon / 1179 posts

Such BS.

31. Ms. RV

pear / 1930 posts

@kjpugs:

32. buttermilk

nectarine / 2086 posts

@kjpugs: I'm so shocked! will miss you!

33. abmamma

kiwi / 641 posts

@kjpugs: Sorry you are dealing with this on top of everything else. We'll miss you!

34. autumnlove

hostess / wonderful watermelon / 39513 posts

@lilteacherbee: I am pretty nervous!

35. MrsADS

nectarine / 2262 posts

@Kjpugs

Ok, I had a weird thing happen. Someone bought the high chair off our Buy Buy Baby registry. I know because it was delivered to our house. But it was delivered in the Graco box, not a Buy Buy Baby box (as is usually the case). So there's no packing slip or anything... so I have no idea who it is from! Do you think the store could tell me who bought it? I feel bad but I have no clue who bought it!

36. OhCaptain

kiwi / 696 posts

@kjpugs:

37. cat620

pear / 1809 posts

@abmamma: That happens to me too! I find that if I eat even a small portion of something, I feel stuffed! Which is the opposite of what people expect. I think people expect me to be eating twice as much!

@OhCaptain: I hope you've made some progress at your appointment tomorrow!

@Ms. RV: Yes! I've been spending more time than normal on the toilet lately. I hear that can be a sign labor will start soon!

@buttermilk: I would take some time to relax and rest a little before baby gets here! Today, DH took our son for a few hours, and I used the time to watch Jurassic World in the movie theater. I figured it might be a while before I get to see a movie again.

@mrsjyw: That's good to know! It looks like it really help some people.

@kjpugs: Sorry to see you go

@MrsADS: I would give them a call! They probably have it linked to the registry somehow and might be able to tell you.

38. MrsADS

nectarine / 2262 posts

@AprilD and for anyone else who might be curious, I called the store and they were able to tell me the name of who bought it off our registry!

39. cat620

pear / 1809 posts

@MrsADS: Great! I'm glad you figured it out!

40. cat620

pear / 1809 posts

Not much going on over here. I'm not having any labor symptoms, so I don't expect baby to come this weekend. DH is convinced that the majority of women go into labor in the middle of the night, so he's not worried about scheduling important meetings at work or not being easily reached. I keep telling him that I could go at any time, but he doesn't believe me.

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee