Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

August 2015 Moms!

1. auggiefrog

kiwi / 631 posts

@aprild: @buttermilk: @lilteacherbee: Thanks for the support ladies.

2. kjpugs

grapefruit / 4862 posts

@lilteacherbee: I'm terrified of having surgery but I must say, my five hours of pushing (also have a narrow pelvic opening) were no walk in the park. I think worst case is attempted vaginal that goes to c section- a scheduled one seems to have a lot of benefits if medically necessary!!! How was your recovery? I'm not looking forward to recovery AT ALL!!! (Not hoping/planning to have a c section unless it's necessary but I just loved the way you described your decision/experience!)

3. kjpugs

grapefruit / 4862 posts

@auggiefrog: I'm so sorry. Praying for a miracle and keeping you in my thoughts.

4. kjpugs

grapefruit / 4862 posts

Maybe my fellow preggos with kiddos can give me some support on this- I have a nasty cough and cold- of course I can barely take anything but it would be really nice if I didn't PEE MY PANTS EVERY TIME I COUGHED. Ugh. That's probably what I miss most- full bladder control. With this cough it's so bad that I am wearing a pad!!!!!!

5. yerpie110

nectarine / 2771 posts

Been meaning to join, but LO has been sick and keeping me way busy!

EDD: August 16 based upon LMP, but I think it's a few days later.

How far along: Almost 5 weeks

First child? 2nd, I have a 23 month old.

First doctor appointment: Not until 1/12! My schedule, as well as the ob's schedule, is crazy due to the holidays and it's later than I'd like, but oh well. If something opens up, hopefully I can get an earlier apt. Otherwise, I'll just be seeing my PCP to get some bloodwork done until then.

Any symptoms so far? Extremely sore boobs and I think extra exhaustion, but not sure if that's because LO has been sick and keeping me up.

Who have you told? DH knows of course, and we told my parents and brother two days ago, right before they left for a 6-week long Asia trip. I wanted to tell them in person and didn't want to wait until they returned! We'll tell our in-laws on Christmas day as their last surprise present. My MIL is going to FLIP.

Happy to be here and with all you fabulous mamas!

6. lilteacherbee

cantaloupe / 6791 posts

@kjpugs: My recovery was awesome (well, as awesome as recovery from a major surgery can be)! I made myself get up and walk the halls twice a day until I left the hospital. I think that really helped. I mean, it hurt and it felt like my insides were going to just fall out, but I think it really helped my recovery in the long run. I was swollen for about a week because of all the meds and stuff, but I was feeling almost normal by 2 weeks pp.

I had PPA, so that was rough, but was unrelated to the c-section. The only minor complication I had was where a part of my incision popped open (gross!). It criss-crossed another scar I had from a previous surgery, which made it harder to heal, but I got some antibiotics and all was well in a week or so!

I'm kinda nervous about doing it all again with a toddler at home, but we have a lot of family nearby, so I should have some help the first couple of weeks.

And yes, the attempted vaginal with a c-section at the end was exactly what I was trying to avoid. After surgery, my OB said he was pretty certain it would have turned out that way had I tried vaginally first, so I'm very happy with our decision .

7. lilteacherbee

cantaloupe / 6791 posts

@yerpie110: congrats and welcome!!

8. kjpugs

grapefruit / 4862 posts

@lilteacherbee: I had bad PPA too. Dreading that part! My husband and I work opposite schedules and have no family nearby! I'm nervous but we always make it work somehow

9. yerpie110

nectarine / 2771 posts

@lilteacherbee: thanks! I had an emergency c section with LO and always get the strangest looks when I say I loved my c section and recovery! It makes it so much more temping to just get a RCS, though my ob has talked about a vbac. Still think I'm going to go with RCS, more control over when I go into labor (to plan around LO), plus I have babies with bigggg heads (99 percentile) and my first ob doubted I would have been able to push her out anyway as I'm pretty petite.

10. Mrs. J

pomelo / 5132 posts

@kjpugs: bahahah peeing when I sneeze is standard now...ugh.

11. Mrs. J

pomelo / 5132 posts

@yerpie110: congrats and welcome! And can I say, ladies, as an August baby...August is pretty awesome?

12. Mrs. J

pomelo / 5132 posts

@auggiefrog: I am so sorry to hear this. I hope your wait for a sticky baby is brief!

13. Mrs. J

pomelo / 5132 posts

@yerpie110: @lilteacherbee: and I are in the big head baby club too. Mine is in the 100 percentile!

14. yerpie110

nectarine / 2771 posts

@Mrs. J: I am happy to have some fabulous companions in this club!

15. Mrs. Microscope

pear / 1788 posts

@auggiefrog: hugs

16. lil owl

apricot / 345 posts

Sorry I've been MIA, but i also caught a cold. Today the fever is down... and I feel a little better. LO is still nursing like crazy (poor thing is still teething) and I think my supply dropped... Those of you still bfing: how are you doing? Is it still working? My boobs hurt so much and my nipple are so incredibly sore... Is there anything to increase supply while pregnant? Or should I just give up on it?

17. lil owl

apricot / 345 posts

@Dagny: @yerpie110: @Mrs.Scientist: @kjpugs: congrats and welcome!

18. lil owl

apricot / 345 posts

@Mrs.Scientist: my Lo is 10 month old,too

19. lil owl

apricot / 345 posts

@auggiefrog: oh no! I'm so, so sorry!! *hugs*

20. krispi

clementine / 911 posts

@yerpie110: Welcome, a due date twin!

@auggiefrog: So sorry to hear that. Take good care of yourself!

My symptoms seem to have subsided for the most part, which is a little concerning. TMI, but I still have crazy constipation at least. Even my boobs are feeling a bit less tender today.

21. getjazzy

persimmon / 1179 posts

@auggiefrog: I'm so sorry mama

@aprild: That's good news about the VBAC candidacy.

Had to cancel my first appointment yesterday because of a snow storm so I'm booked in for next tuesday instead. I assume my doc will request a dating U/S like she did with first LO so I will be able to go ahead with that whenever I can get an appointment since I'll be almost 7 weeks by then.

22. OhCaptain

kiwi / 696 posts

@auggiefrog: my thoughts are with you.

23. Mrs.Scientist

cherry / 211 posts

@lil owl: so nice to hear there is another mama on here with a 10 month old and baby #2 due in August. I'm pretty nervous about how we're going to handle two under two!

I'm still breastfeeding my DS as well and I've also noticed a massive decrease in my supply. I work full-time and pump at work and I went from pumping about 12oz a day to some days as little as 3oz. I've had to start sending DS to day care with one bottle of formula. It sucks. I've also read it's really difficult to increase your supply during pregnancy. The good thing is I'm still nursing him at home and he seems to be getting enough milk to be happy. I've had a little bit of nipple soreness but nothing too intolerable. I just want to make it to 1 year and then I'll probably start weaning, even though I originally wanted to do extended BF. What is your plan?

24. OhCaptain

kiwi / 696 posts

@krispi: how many weeks are you? My symptoms came and went until about 6w3d.

25. lil owl

apricot / 345 posts

@Mrs.Scientist: we've always wanted two as close in age as possible so the plan was to Bf as long as possible.i got sick some months ago and couldn't bf for some days. ds hated the formula so i promised to nurse him as long as he wants me to. I feel bad about promising that now.

26. Mrs.Scientist

cherry / 211 posts

@lil owl: Hopefully you won't have to give it up! I know I'm going to be sad if/when we finally give it up. I'd like to continue at least a couple nursing session per day for as long as possible but we'll see.

We really wanted to have two close in age as well. I grew up an only child and feel I've really missed out not having a sibling. I'm so happy my son will have a forever friend and playmate!

27. krispi

clementine / 911 posts

@OhCaptain: It's definitely early still. I'm 4w5d today. It's just crazy to me that my symptoms were a lot stronger a week ago. It's good to know yours came and went though.

Also I wrote that this morning before I put on dress pants... Apparently the bloating hasn't gone away either. I feel like it's way too early to feel like I need to go up 2 sizes in my pants!!

28. lil owl

apricot / 345 posts

@Mrs.Scientist: I grew up as an only child, too. Although I do have two half sisters, but they are 20 years older than me and we never really had a relationship. Dhs brother is 14 years older and they hardly ever talk. Maybe twice a year... DH always wanted a big family, so I think two is a good start (and then we'll wait some years and maybe we'll have some more... at least that's the plan )

I hope I can keep nursing, it was so hard when I had to stop. I never imagined it would be so hard on me, but when the doc told me I had to stop I ran out of the hospital crying. (I'm usually not the crying type) I know it was silly, but I even refused taking the meds for one day so I could nurse him one last night. I pumped and dumped for 10 days and DS was so happy when he was finally allowed to bf again.

29. OhCaptain

kiwi / 696 posts

My nausea is not as bad today, which is awesome, I'm seriously counting down the days till it's gone, and trying really hard to remember when it went away last time. My little guy is already 2.5 so it was a while ago! My hats off to those of you with two under two (or soon to be!)

30. lil owl

apricot / 345 posts

I have a question about MS: I had HG last time, but I don't really remember when it started. I remember being on a class reunion at 5 weeks, and I felt a bit nauseous, but no real HG. When I was 8 weeks I had already lost more than 20% of my weight... I should be 6 weeks today (says the countdown app thing) and so far (almost) nothing. I've been taking B vitamins, no iron, and I'm still BFing so maybe it won't be so hard this time? (just wishful thinking probably)
    When did your MS start?
    and for those of you who are having their second: is it different this time around?

31. lilteacherbee

cantaloupe / 6791 posts

@Mrs.Scientist: @lil owl: We're officially weaned as of this week (he'll be 13 months on Sunday). We were down to just before bed a couple weeks ago, but recently, he just hasn't been interested at all. I wasn't as sad as I thought I would be (maybe because I want my boobs to myself for a bit before #2 comes). I actually woke him up before I went to bed 2 nights ago and nursed him for the last time. He was basically asleep so he didn't fight it, but I wanted to remember the "last time." Ugh I wasn't really upset when it happened, but now I'm tearing up as I type this. Crazy hormones!

32. buttermilk

nectarine / 2086 posts

@krispi: I hear ya about disappearing symptoms. But I keep reading on the internet and talking to actual ppl who insist their symptoms didn't start til 6, 7, 8 weeks. So try not to stress. I'm sure you'll start feeling horrible soon!

I wasn't feeling too pregnant ever, but I was definitely very bloated and slightly sore boobs up until yesterday when I noticed the "spotting".

Which I'm of course wringing my hands over, but really you could barely even call it spotting. Nothing landing on the knickers, just you know - a hint of a sligt color to the CM. SO hard not to worry yourself sick over this. How anyone manages to make it through the first couple months is beyond me!

33. Mrs. J

pomelo / 5132 posts

I am still nursing my almost 13 month old with no plan for when we are weaning. He has croup right now, so I don't want to stop. He nurses morning and night.

I feel a lot better than yesterday, but I also took B6 right when I woke up, so maybe that's helping? So effing tired, though.

34. MrsStar

nectarine / 2994 posts

Hi ladies! Sorry I've been MIA, I've had a rough few days of morning sickness I ended up having to get IV fluids after I couldn't keep anything down (even water) for close to 48 hours. Yesterday was a better day though thankfully.
    Had my first ultrasound yesterday! (to check viability since my last pregnancy ended in miscarriage and to check dates) My EDD is now August 2nd so I'm offically an August mama baby is looking awesome with a nice strong heart beat! Have my first appointment with my awesome midwife on the 17th so will do the paper work and work out when my 12 week ultrasound will be! I have to say - morning sickness with a toddler is crazy hard for me!

35. auggiefrog

kiwi / 631 posts

@kjpugs: @Mrs. J: @Mrs. Microscope: Thanks for the support.

I hope all you ladies have healthy pregnancies with super sticky beans.

36. cat620

pear / 1809 posts

@yerpie110: Welcome!

@lil owl: I'm still BFing, but only about 3 times per day. I'm trying to slowly wean DS, since I don't want to tandem nurse, and I think it will be hard to nurse when my belly starts getting big. I'm not sure how my supply is, since I don't pump at all. I think it's decreased some.

@Mrs.Scientist: I'm an only child too! While I think only children are awesome, I'm happy that my son will have a built in friend/playmate.

@MrsStar: I'm sorry to hear you're having a rough time with morning sickness. I hope it passes quickly for you!

37. Torchwood

pomelo / 5607 posts

Holy crap I forgot how much I hate the constant peeing part of being pregnant! We just sat in traffic for longer than expected and I thought I was going to actually pee my pants. I have a really small bladder to begin with, so being pregnant is hard on that. Not looking forward to the baby kicking me in the bladder!

38. kayakgirl73

clementine / 750 posts

Ugh the fatigue is so bad and it doesn't help that I've been sick for two weeks with a dreadful cold. Some nausea as well. I had an ultrasound Tuesday and all looked great. I have a repeat ultrasound on the 23rd at the RE. Then my first OB appt on the 29th.

39. krispi

clementine / 911 posts

Well, I think it's a case of be careful what you wish for. I felt pretty normal yesterday morning, except for the bloating, but then yesterday afternoon had some nausea.

But the most concerning thing was that I noticed my left ankle was pretty swollen late in the day yesterday. I came home and propped it up and drank fluids, and it's gone down some now. My husband thought I was overreacting a bit because I was wondering if I should go to urgent care. My doctor's office was already closed for the weekend by the time I noticed it. I'm definitely going to keep an eye on it and ask about it at my appointment on Wednesday. It just seems awfully early to have swelling already.

The extreme bloating seems early too though. No exaggeration, I've gained 6 pounds this week due to water retention, gas, and constipation! It's way too early for that. I won't even be 5 weeks until tomorrow. I haven't changed what I've been eating, so I don't know of any other explanation. I already weigh more than I should, and I'm afraid my doctor is going to be upset with me.

40. Anagram

eggplant / 11716 posts

Hi all! Joining this thread cautiously. I just realized yesterday that my period was late....thought there was no way I could be pregnant, but tested and the line was super bright and strong. We were actually taking this month off, because last time I had 3 months of awful, never ending nausea and throwing up...and ai didn't want to be sick over Christmas. We didn't dtd any time close to my normal ovulation (but I didn't use the pee sticks this month, just went on previous months). So only explanation is either the Immaculate Conception or that I ovulated an entire week early, basically right after my last period. Or that I got pregnant the month before and still had a period after. I'm pretty bewildered, but pleasantly surprised!

EDD: ? Not sure. Maybe Aug 15th or so.

How far along: ? Haha...not sure.

First child? 2nd, my LO turned 17 months today.

First doctor appointment: haven't even called yet.

Any symptoms so far? None. Which adds to the mystery. Last time I had horrible sore boobs at least a week before my BFP. This time-- nothing.

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee