Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

August 2015 Moms!

1. getjazzy

persimmon / 1179 posts

@buttermilk: I had tons and tons of cramping with my first. Just watch for bleeding but even bad cramping is normal (unless it has you doubled over). I often got woken up in the night by my cramping and have a healthy 18 mo old!

@MissLace: Congrats and welcome mama! Just saw your POAS post!

2. pinkcrayon

coffee bean / 26 posts

@kjpugs: I had an u/s at 5 weeks with my first baby because I thought I was 7 weeks. They could not see much except for the yolk sack. They did do blood work however to make sure things were progressing. I went in again at 6 weeks and all as well. She is now 2!

3. yerpie110

nectarine / 2771 posts

@Anagram: Ironically enough, I work part time at a hospital in Newark! Where does your DH think of moving to? We are planning as well sometime over the next couple of years, though DH prefers to stay in Bergen county and I do not. I don't think all the taxes are worth it!

@kjpugs: Your mom lives in an awesome area! Where do you live now? Hope your u/s goes well tomorrow - keep us posted!

4. MrsStar

nectarine / 2994 posts

@MissLace: Welcome!

I got bloodwork done 2 days after my bfp (which I tested after I was 2 days late for AF) and it was the soonest my dr could get me in.

5. buttermilk

nectarine / 2086 posts

@getjazzy: oh goodie lol. def no spotting or bleeding. ive basically been living next to my hot water bottle all wknd. But so far it's only been super intense that one time.

@misslace: welcome and congrats!

6. Mrs. J

pomelo / 5132 posts

@MissLace: I had no blood work or levels done with either pregnancy.

7. OhCaptain

kiwi / 696 posts

My last pregnancy was an august to May pregnancy, so my second trimester was during the winter. I definitely caught my fair share of colds with my lowered immunity and I thought it "sucked" to be sick while pregnant. Ha. I have a cold now (I'm 7w2d) and this is far worse.

8. krispi

clementine / 911 posts

@MissLace: Welcome! My first appointment is on Wednesday, when I'll be 5w3d. I'm assuming they will do some bloodwork, but I'm not sure what all they'll test.

Speaking of which, how many of you took your husband to your first appointment? They told me to only expect it to last 30 min, so I'm not expecting they will do too much. It doesn't seem like it would be worth it for him to take off work. The only thing is that I'm still having trouble with swelling, and I'm concerned that could mean extra tests or something. He knows I'm worried about it and offered to go with me, but I'm still not sure that he should.

9. MissLace

apricot / 311 posts

so i called the Dr office this morning and made my first appointment for Jan 2nd. I asked about coming in for bloodwork/testing levels and she said they don't do that until 7 weeks at the earliest. I just found this strange because my sister is also pregnant and called the same dr and they had her come in 3 days after her bfp for all the bloodwork.

How do you guys keep your mind off being so worried those first 7-10 weeks before your first appointment?

10. OhCaptain

kiwi / 696 posts

@krispi: my husband went to my first appointment with me last time. I was closer to 7 weeks, and they did a dating ultrasound so, I was glad he was there. They also did a Pap test, which I'm sure he would have been happy to skip. His eyes got huge when my doc got out the speculum.

11. OhCaptain

kiwi / 696 posts

@MissLace: congrats and welcome! It's hard not to worry! Even though this is my second, and I've had no MC symptoms and have plenty of pregnancy symptoms, I still worry. I just avoid reading anything about miscarriage statistics.

12. Mrs. J

pomelo / 5132 posts

@krispi: with my first, DH came to most of the early appointments, maybe up until our 20 week scan or so. This time, I went by myself. He'll come to the ultrasound on Monday.

13. Mrs. J

pomelo / 5132 posts

@MissLace: Did she know her due date? They brought me in sooner than they probably would have because my PP cycles were strange, and I wasn't sure how far along I was.

14. kjpugs

grapefruit / 4862 posts

I had my appt today. No concrete news yet. Nothing on u/s but they said it's probably too early to see anything anyway. They took blood will get a call prob tomorrow with #'s and if they're normal I'll go in Wednesday for blood again to make sure the #'s are going up appropriately. So I should have a good idea by Thursday. Wish I knew one way or another. I figured if I really did O early like I thought then I would be able to see something on the u/s basically we are dealing with LMP date being around 4 weeks and change and my O date prediction would make it 5 weeks. I'm ready for answers so I'm feeling frustrated.

15. kjpugs

grapefruit / 4862 posts

@yerpie110: I'm in Orlando! I haven't lived in NJ since HS. Would move back in a heartbeat if it wasn't so $$$$

16. lilteacherbee

cantaloupe / 6791 posts

@MissLace: Did she have any previous losses? My first pregnancy ended in a miscarriage, so they had me come in for beta blood tests with LO to ease my mind. I also had ultrasounds at 6.5 weeks and 9 weeks. This time, I'm still a bit nervous, but honestly, my 13 month old keeps me busy enough that I really don't have as much time to think (aka worry or obsess) about it. I'm still counting down the days until my ultrasound at 7w 3d.

17. lilteacherbee

cantaloupe / 6791 posts

@kjpugs: Hugs I really hope you get good news this week. The waiting for answers is so stressful!

18. kjpugs

grapefruit / 4862 posts

This is making me feel a little better. Test is much darker now, four days later, two days after bleeding.

19. Torchwood

pomelo / 5607 posts

@buttermilk: I was told to not use heating pads or hot water bottles or basically any form of direct heat during pregnancy because baby has no way of cooling him/herself if things get too hot. Just fyi, I guess? (I'm never sure if I should say anything under these sorts of circumstances.)

@krispi: My DH went to pretty much 100% of my appointments with my first pregnancy. Last time he went to most, and this time as well. He did go to my first one with me this time. But it was originally scheduled as a pre-conception and he was planning to come so he could hear the midwife give us the all clear for himself. I'm really glad he did come though, since she specifically recommended getting a doula, and I needed him to hear that so he wouldn't balk at the cost so much. That being said, I think if we didn't have such a complicated history he wouldn't come to as many. But I need him for moral support now.

@MissLace: I wonder if they're just busy and don't want to try to work you in sooner, so they just said they don't normally do that? As far as not stressing, I have a history of depression and anxiety problems, and of very bad pregnancy outcomes. So I know I'm going to have bad days, when I can't help but be worried or freaked out. On those days, I just remind myself that it will pass. I will have happy/calm days too. And I try to give myself a lot of grace. If I need to spend most of the day reading or watching tv to keep my mind off of things, I let myself. (Though admittedly that's a lot easier since I don't work.) I try to take nice baths or eat a favorite food or something that will make me feel better. I know I can't keep from worrying sometimes, but I can choose not to let the worry take control and make a genuine effort to take care of myself.

@kjpugs: That looks encouraging! Fingers crossed so hard!

So we went ahead and told my mom last night. We had her over for dinner and I was peeing so often she was clearly suspicious. She's super excited! And she said I probably don't need to really worry about people acting weird. She thinks most people will take their cue from how we act and if we're excited and not letting fear of what happened last time stop us, then they won't either. Granted, there will probably always be the handful of people who say stupid things because that's just what people do sometimes, but overall it should be fine. Ultrasound is Wednesday, and I'm going down to see my dad (and stepmom and little brother and sister) this weekend, so we'll probably go ahead and tell them then. We'll tell DH's dad when we do Christmas with them next Tuesday (the 23rd, I think?), and he'll probably call his mom cause we never see her really.

20. Mrs. J

pomelo / 5132 posts

@kjpugs: that's good!!! FX for your blood draws!

21. Anagram

eggplant / 11716 posts

@krispi: My husband went to all of my appointment with our LO, but our office is open till 8 pm, so it was easy to schedule it after work. This time, since LOs bed time is 7:00-7:30, I'm assuming DH will only attend the major appointments (ultrasounds).

22. Torchwood

pomelo / 5607 posts

@krispi: Also, I didn't mention, my husband is WAY overworked (and has been most of the last couple years), so he's usually glad of having a good excuse to leave early. So it's not just that I like having him there.

23. buttermilk

nectarine / 2086 posts

@Torchwood: thanks for telling me! I hadn't heard that anywhere yet so I appreciate it. That's sad, that water bottle is like my favorite thing I own lol.

24. pinkcrayon

coffee bean / 26 posts

Hi all, just got a BFP yesterday and called my OB today so I will join.

DD: mid to late August.

How far along: 4 weeks based on my est. O date. 6 weeks based on my LMP.

First child? I have one daughter who turned 2 in Sept.

First doctor appointment: Jan. 14. I asked for an appt. for that week instead of earlier since I think I will only be 8 weeks at that time and want to make sure we see something. Although the receptionist insisted I would be 10 weeks based on my LMP. I did not want to get into details about my long cycles, OPKs, etc. on the phone with her. Last pregnancy I went in at 5 weeks (thinking I was 7 weeks) and just had to come back the next week since they could not see anything yet.

Any symptoms so far? A little cramping maybe. And a metallic taste in my mouth, like I having been sucking on a penny. Anyone else have this symptom? It was the same when I was pregnant with my DD.

Who have you told? Just my husband so far. I will wait until after my appt to tell anyone else. I don't really drink so no one will be suspicious over the holidays

25. Mrs. Microscope

pear / 1788 posts

@kjpugs: looking good!

@MissLace: so glad you are here! If you want to get in earlier at your doctor, just call and ask. If it makes you feel better, its worth it! I went in at 4w5d due to my previous cp, and they did all my blood and urine work and all looks good! No betas were taken, I guess that they didn't think I needed them. So far so good!

@krispi: my husband is coming to the ultrasound with me. He didn't come to the first appointment, as he had work and it was just talking, bloodworm and an internal exam. I think as long as all is okay, he will only come to ultrasounds.

26. cat620

pear / 1809 posts

@krispi: My husband came with me to my first appointment during my last pregnancy but not this one. It was helpful having him there, since the nurse asked a lot of questions about our family's medical history, and I didn't remember who all in his family had cancer or what type. After that, he only came to the ultrasound appointments.

27. cat620

pear / 1809 posts

@pinkcrayon: Welcome!

28. Mrs. J

pomelo / 5132 posts

@pinkcrayon: welcome! We've got quite the group going!

Has anyone had Zofran prescribed? The B6 isn't really helping, but I've heard Zofran causes constipation, which I don't need more of at this point!

29. Torchwood

pomelo / 5607 posts

@Mrs. J: I got some just in case. I've used it before and it does cause constipation, but when you need it it's worth it. I highly, highly recommend taking magnesium for constipation, and just upping the dose a bit when using zofran. It's best absorbed as an oil on the skin, but I've found even the cheapest pills you can get at the grocery store work just as well. (Just don't overdo it. I took too many by accident once, and that was not fun!)

30. kjpugs

grapefruit / 4862 posts

@Mrs. J: I took zofran last pregnancy. My MS lasted until 32 weeks or so. I never needed the 3x a day dose though. At first I took it once a day then every other after about 14 weeks.

31. kjpugs

grapefruit / 4862 posts

Hey ladies I got my beta results. They just said it was positive and to go back tomorrow. I asked what the # was and they said 143. Is that good for 4.5-5 weeks along? I didn't do this with my LO so I'm stumped.

32. Torchwood

pomelo / 5607 posts

Can someone please tell my that I'm being absurd worrying that my shoulder pain is a sign this pregnancy is ectopic? I have NO other signs of ectopic, and I'm pretty sure the pain isn't even in the right part of my shoulder. But I'm right at the main time (around 6 weeks) when ectopic a tend to show up. Tell me to stop worrying please!

33. Torchwood

pomelo / 5607 posts

@kjpugs: I honestly don't know if those numbers are good, but yay for it being clearly positive and not super low!

34. kjpugs

grapefruit / 4862 posts

@Torchwood: dr google is scaring me. Hoping that I ovulated later than I thought and somehow just tested positive early.

35. MrsStar

nectarine / 2994 posts

@kjpugs: There is such a variation in hcg numbers, are you getting the test repeated to see if it doubles?

36. MrsStar

nectarine / 2994 posts

@Torchwood: Stop worrying! maybe you moved your shoulder the wrong way or something? If there are no other signs of ectopic then I'm sure you're fine!

37. kjpugs

grapefruit / 4862 posts

@MrsStar: yes I'm going back tomorrow. Nerve wracking.

38. MrsStar

nectarine / 2994 posts

@kjpugs: I have my fingers crossed for you

39. Bea

kiwi / 578 posts

@kjpugs: FX and praying for you!

40. lilteacherbee

cantaloupe / 6791 posts

@kjpugs: Fingers crossed for you

@Torchwood: I had the same thing happen last time at 5 weeks and I was convinced it was ectopic. I even went to the ER, but everything was fine. I know it's so hard not to read into every little thing, but I'm sure everything is okay

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee