Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

August 2015 Moms!

1. buttermilk

nectarine / 2086 posts

@MrsStar: sorry you've been feeling so sick! I hope you feel better now and yay for your first ultrasound!

@kayakgirl73: congrats on the great u/s!

@krispi: poor thing! Just keep icing your ankle. Last Sunday I tripped up the escalator and macys and really bruised my knee. Then Wednesday night I fell down my stairs and broke a toe. So I've been a mess all week, icing various parts of my body. Is clumsiness a symptom bc then I've definitely got that! Haha!

@Anagram: welcome! And congrats on your little miracle

2. buttermilk

nectarine / 2086 posts

I apologize if I've asked this before but have you guys been experiencing cramping? I've had light cramping that comes and goes, lasting 1-4 minutes throughout the past 2 weeks. No spotting.

Last night I woke from sleep with some intense AF like cramps like reaaaaly thought maybe miscarriage. It was so bad and lasted about 10 minutes but then went away again and I'm fine. No spotting. And I took another test this AM and super dark lines still.

3. OhCaptain

kiwi / 696 posts

@buttermilk: I've had cramping, like you experienced, almost like a twinge, as opposed to AF like cramping which lasts all day (for me). I think as long as it's not accompanied by spotting, I just chalk it up to uterine growth. By week seven your uterus is already 2x it's normal size!

4. krispi

clementine / 911 posts

@buttermilk: Oh no! I hope you feel better! I tripped on a wet sidewalk and busted my knee open a couple of months ago and still have a nasty scar, so I can relate. I'm pretty clumsy, so my husband's first thought was that I did something to irritate my ankle, but I can't remember anything.

I did have some weird cramping around the time I got my BFP. It was a little like PMS cramps but not quite, around the same intensity though. Then they went away.

5. buttermilk

nectarine / 2086 posts

@OhCaptain: wow that's crazy to think about! I didn't realize it grew that quickly.

6. buttermilk

nectarine / 2086 posts

@krispi: Oh no that sounds awful! I hope you're swelling goes down soon!

Everything I read about cramping says it's normal as long as no bleeding so FX!

7. Mrs. J

pomelo / 5132 posts

@Anagram: welcome and congrats on your holiday surprise!

8. Anagram

eggplant / 11716 posts

@buttermilk: @Mrs. J: thanks ladies! I'm still wrapping my mind around it all....and hoping my hG will not kick in until after up the 8 hour drive to and from Toronto Dec 24-28th.

9. lilteacherbee

cantaloupe / 6791 posts

@Anagram: Congrats on your surprise! I hope you feel okay until after the holidays!

10. Mrs. Microscope

pear / 1788 posts

@buttermilk: I have had some cramping and a few sharp pains, but no spotting. My ob says its normal! As a first timer, not counting the cp, I think it is normal to freak out! The cramps I had during my cp were so bad they took my breath away, but at the time I thought they were normal. As long as I am not doubled over in pain and not bleeding I am going to assume all is well!

11. kjpugs

grapefruit / 4862 posts

Having steady period like cramps and some bright red spotting. Think this may not be our baby #2. Waiting on the doctor to call me back. Feeling very nervous and sad.

12. lilteacherbee

cantaloupe / 6791 posts

@kjpugs: hoping for the best for you.

13. yerpie110

nectarine / 2771 posts

@Anagram: What a great surprise!! Where are you located in NJ?

@kjpugs: thinking of you and hoping everything is okay

14. Mrs. Microscope

pear / 1788 posts

@kjpugs: oh no! Hopeful that everyone is okay!

15. Mrs. J

pomelo / 5132 posts

@kjpugs: praying for you!

16. lil owl

apricot / 345 posts

@kjpugs: Oh no! But don't give up just yet: i had red bleeding for days and this still looks like a normal pregnancy.

17. kjpugs

grapefruit / 4862 posts

@lil owl: did u have cramping too?

18. lil owl

apricot / 345 posts

@kjpugs: yes, like normal period cramping. the bleeding was even stronger than normal AF

19. kjpugs

grapefruit / 4862 posts

@lil owl: that does make me feel better. Thank you.

20. OhCaptain

kiwi / 696 posts

@kjpugs: fingers crossed for you! I had a friend who had what she thought was a period, and then the next month got a BFP. Turned out she was pregnant the month before and had no idea, just thought it was her period!

21. cat620

pear / 1809 posts

@Anagram: Welcome to the group! I'm surprised that I'm pregnant as well, as we were avoiding DTD when I thought I was ovulating. I wasn't temping so just estimating based on last period and cervical mucus. Anyway, I got pregnant, so I either miscalculated my ovulation, or I'm actually 2 months pregnant and didn't get a period when I thought I did. Is it possible to bleed for a few days and not be a period?

22. cat620

pear / 1809 posts

@kjpugs: Sorry to hear that. Hopefully everything will be okay.

23. MrsStar

nectarine / 2994 posts

@kjpugs: Thinking of you!

24. Anagram

eggplant / 11716 posts

@kjpugs: will you get to see the doctor soon? Has the bleeding let up at all? Keeping my fingers crossed for you.

25. Anagram

eggplant / 11716 posts

@yerpie110: Hoboken! What about you?

26. Anagram

eggplant / 11716 posts

@aprild: I've been wondering the exact same thing myself. I thunk it's rare but possible....I mean, I've heard of women who bleed enough to that they think they are having a period.

Hopefully the first dating ultrasound will tell us how far along we are.

27. Anutka

cherry / 190 posts

This comment has been deleted by the original poster.

28. Anutka

cherry / 190 posts

Anyone started food aversions? I'm 7w tomorrow and don't have much nausea. But everything tastes funny and I can't find anything to eat.

Last pregnancy, I was hungry all the time and just snacked all day. My only aversion my sweets (which totally messed with my mind because sweets are my ultimate comfort food).

I am so thankful I'm not dealing with nausea, but I would like to be able to eat something! Anyone deal with aversions in 1st tri? When did they go away?

29. buttermilk

nectarine / 2086 posts

@kjpugs: so worrisome I know! Praying for you, has it eased up at all?

30. OhCaptain

kiwi / 696 posts

@Anutka: my last pregnancy my aversions went away after my nausea, and some of them lasted my whole pregnancy (specifically salad).i think last time my nausea was mostly gone by week 10 and most of my aversions were gone by 14-15 weeks. I'm dealing with general food aversion now. Pretty much no food SOUNDS good, but if I just eat it or someone makes it that's ok. Some food I just can't stomach.

31. yerpie110

nectarine / 2771 posts

@Anagram: Leonia, not too far away

32. kjpugs

grapefruit / 4862 posts

Thanks for the love everyone. Bleeding did not last long and cramps are 90% gone today(now I'm not sure if it's faint cramps or just uterine stretching.) going in tomorrow. I appreciate prayers and juju.

@Anagram: @yerpie110: I'm originally from Caldwell/Montclair. And one of my BFF's in a newish mama in Hoboken! Y'all have some CRAZYYYY busy mom groups! She always looks like she's with a big group.

33. kjpugs

grapefruit / 4862 posts

Meant to ask- they mentioned an ultrasound. I should be 5 weeks today based on O date and not LMP. So- would they even see anything? Anyone ever had an U/S that early?

34. Anagram

eggplant / 11716 posts

@kjpugs: glad the bleeding stopped! Great news! How old is your friend's baby? The great thing about Hoboken is the weekly hospital new moms group. You don't have to deliver there to go...but it's basically just social hour and then ppl go to lunch after and it's a great way to meet other moms with babies your age.

I have a really close group of about 10 moms and we have regular get together. Thing is, housing and childcare is so insane here my husband is already talking about moving somewhere were we can get more house and cheaper childcare.....but I would really miss my mommy friends so I'm kind of against it, haha. So we'll see.

35. Anagram

eggplant / 11716 posts

@yerpie110: oh wow, that is close! I drive near there sometimes if I need to go to TJs after work....I take 80 over to river road and go home that way.

36. lil owl

apricot / 345 posts

@kjpugs: I had an ultrasound at not even 5 weeks (because my ob didn't believe me) and I saw a small amniotic sac.

37. kjpugs

grapefruit / 4862 posts

@Anagram: her daughter is 6 months. Love the area! My mom is back in Montclair now and we love visiting her because we love that area too- walking to whole foods/church street.

38. lilteacherbee

cantaloupe / 6791 posts

Just like last time, 6 weeks is the magic number for me. I thought I felt horrible yesterday, but then today happened. Completely exhausted, no appetite, and lots of nausea. Oh, and I've had a headache for almost 3 days straight With #1, most of this went away by 10 weeks. Really hoping that happens again!

39. cat620

pear / 1809 posts

@Anagram: My practice doesn't do a dating ultrasound unless there is a medical concern. I'm fine with it, since I try to limit ultrasounds anyway and don't want to have to pay for something insurance won't cover. I probably did miscalculate my ovulation, since I'm 99% sure I had a period in November.

40. MissLace

apricot / 311 posts

so excited to be joining you ladies!

EDD: August 21st, 2015

How far along: 4 weeks

First child? yup!

First doctor appointment: i'm going to call tomorrow morning to see when they can fit me in.

Any symptoms so far? nope

Who have you told? husband, 2 best friends, sister

question, how soon after your BFP did you get your bloodwork done/levels tested?

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee