Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

August 2015 Moms!

1. cat620

pear / 1809 posts

@Mrs. J: I had a different anti-nausea pill prescribed last time, but I don't remember constipation. Must not have been too much of an issue.

@kjpugs: Hoping everything turns out okay for you!

2. cat620

pear / 1809 posts

Does anyone feel like they need maternity clothes already? I heard with second pregnancies, you show sooner, but I'm thinking this has to be too early for maternity clothes already. In all honesty, I put on a little holiday weight before I found out I was pregnant, so my pants were already getting tight. I'm not sure how much of this is baby related or food related. I may need to bust out the maternity pants soon though, since I'm having trouble buttoning my pants.

3. Torchwood

pomelo / 5607 posts

@aprild: depending on whether I've had a big meal recently, how bloated I am, etc, there are definitely days when I could justify maternity clothes. I'm planning to get them out of the attic when we put the Christmas stuff back up.

4. Mrs. J

pomelo / 5132 posts

@kjpugs: prayers for you and your little bean!
    @aprild: not yet, but I didn't need them for awhile with my first either. I also wore a Bella band almost until the end of my last pregnancy. It was just how I carried.

5. Mrs. Microscope

pear / 1788 posts

Quick question about working out. I am continuing my regular routine, but just at medium intensity and my trainer knows I am pregnant. My doctor says to exercise as much as my body allows! So I have added prenatal yoga a few times a week in top of everything. I was wondering how much you all exercise, and if it really does help with labor?

6. autumnlove

hostess / wonderful watermelon / 39513 posts

Hi! I am cautiously joining this thread!

EDD: 8.30

How far along: just POAS last night and this morning!

First child? 3rd

First doctor appointment: First nurse visit is on 12.30. First OB appointment at the end of January. My regular OB is on paternity leave for Jan and Feb so I am seeing someone new until he returns.

Any symptoms so far? A little late afternoon/evening nausea started yesterday.

Who have you told? DH, HB POAS thread and my bff!

7. autumnlove

@Mrs. Microscope: I worked out on medium intensity up to my induction date for LO 1. I didn't have a gym membership (and I lazy) during my pregnancy for LO 2 so I just did a lot of walking.

@aprild: I def had a bump around 8 weeks for pregnancy 2 but it was summer time so I just wore a lot of flowy dresses. I started wearing maternity pants to work at 10 weeks.

@kjpugs: those lines look good. Thinking of you!

8. buttermilk

nectarine / 2086 posts

@kjpugs: FX for your next numbers!!

@torchwood: Put down the google! I'm sure you are fine and just reaching. Try to take some deep breaths and promise yourself that if you stop looking up symptoms of ectopic pregnancy that you can buy yourself a lil gift at the end of the week. Lol. In fact, maybe we should all vow to do that. I'm sure we are each obsessing and googling over at least one thing!

For me it's...
    "5 weeks pregnant and no symptoms"
    "6 weeks pregnant and don't feel any differently"
    "Why don't I have pregnancy symptoms yet?"
    "When did you start feeling pregnant"
    "Was your morning sickness gradual or all of a sudden"

LOL someone stop me.

9. buttermilk

nectarine / 2086 posts

@autumnlove: welcome!

@Mrs. Microscope: I'm planning to keep doing my regular workouts at medium intensity but I do the Tracy Anderson Method and she has a special pregnancy workout so it's tailored just for us knocked up ladies. One new workout for each month of pregnancy!

10. kjpugs

grapefruit / 4862 posts

@autumnlove: yayyyyyy!!

11. Mrs. J

pomelo / 5132 posts

@autumnlove: yay!!!
    @buttermilk: I danced up until I was 22 weeks pregnant with LO and did 5 shows that weekend. Just listen to your body!

12. Mrs. Microscope

pear / 1788 posts

@autumnlove: welcome!

Thanks ladies, I just wanted to see what others were doing. My friends with kids don't workout at all, and I just don't think that would work for me personally. I'd go crazy!

13. lilteacherbee

cantaloupe / 6791 posts

@autumnlove: Yay, so glad to see you here!

@buttermilk: Haha that was totally me last time! I'm trying reallyyyy hard to be more chill and less anxious this time. I think it helps that I've had a successful pregnancy recently, whereas last time, all I had to go by was a m/c. That and my toddler keeps me so busy that sometimes I actually forget I'm pregnant (until an awful wave of nausea hits!)

14. kayakgirl73

clementine / 750 posts

Still trying to get rid of this darn cold that and the pregnancy tiredness stink. I'm also peeing all the time. Argh.

15. getjazzy

persimmon / 1179 posts

Had my first appointment yesterday. My doctor had sent some paperwork to the lab so I had a draw done last week around 6 weeks 2 days. The HCG came back at 85 000 so that's good. For some reason this pregnancy hasn't totally sunk in yet (for DH or I) so I was happy to get some sort of confirmation that everything is good. She also requested a dating ultrasound even though I'm pretty sure on my dates, I think she just likes to do them because she had me do one for my first LO too. I don't mind! Love to get to see that heartbeat and make sure everything is ok. Will probably be doing that in the next week sometime.

@lilteacherbee: I've got a toddler too and I forget a lot as well! No time to agonize over symptoms/no symptoms or research the heck out of everything haha, definitely making this pregnancy go by way faster so far.

16. krispi

clementine / 911 posts

My appointment is today! I rubbed some lotion on my feet last night because I'm embarrassed by how bad they look (I need a pedicure BAD), and the rubbing is the first thing that actually seems to help. So now I'm getting regular foot rubs!

@kayakgirl73: I had a cold off and on before I O'd last month, then after I O'd I had it for 2 or 3 weeks straight. It seems to be coming back a little this week too... Luckily, I'm using that as my excuse at work to go to the doctor.

17. getjazzy

persimmon / 1179 posts

@krispi: Love the doctor excuse!! I'm using "my doctor is following up on my low iron" haha.

18. mrs scrapbook

apricot / 375 posts

I am so excited to join this group!!! Yay for August mamas

EDD: It depends. LMP would put it at August 23, but I was charting and if you go by ovulation date it would be August 25. I'm definitely leaning toward August 25!

How far along: 4 weeks, 1 day

First child? Yes

First doctor appointment: I'm not sure yet. We just moved here so I don't even have a doctor yet! I'm calling around today.

Any symptoms so far? My boobs have been very sore, that's the biggest one, and also constipation.

Who have you told? Just DH and HB! We are waiting until we see my parents and brother on Christmas to tell them.

19. lil owl

apricot / 345 posts

I went to see a new ob today and have to go again tomorrow for blood (before taking my thyroid meds) She did an ultrasound and told me my dates line up perfectly I'm 6 weeks 6 days. But she will wait till next time (12/29) to find an exact due date.

20. lil owl

apricot / 345 posts

@pinkcrayon: @autumnlove: @mrs scrapbook: welcome and congrats!

21. lil owl

apricot / 345 posts

@aprild: I hate to admit it but I'm already in maternity pants... Last time I lost so much weight due to HG that no one realized I was pregnant till I was 5 month. This time I look 3 month pregnant already.

22. Mrs. J

pomelo / 5132 posts

@mrs scrapbook: yay! Welcome!
    @getjazzy: @lilteacherbee: the toddler thing definitely makes it go faster!

23. Anagram

eggplant / 11716 posts

@yerpie110: I must have missed this before. I'm not really sure where we'd move...I think DH would prefer to move out of the tri-state area entirely, if the right job came along. Either somewhere with a lower cost of living, or to the Toronto suburbs where his family lives. We lived in Dallas before NJ, so we still have tons of friends there. My family is in Georgia....really, the possibilities are wide open.

I think I'd like to stay in Hoboken for another year or two though. We may not save much money living here with two kiddos, but I really love the young family culture and the ability to get out and walk everywhere.

Where does your husband work? If you didn't stay in Bergen county, where would you move?

24. mrs scrapbook

apricot / 375 posts

@lil owl: @Mrs. J: Thank you

25. MrsADS

nectarine / 2262 posts

Cautiously joining...

EDD: 8/25/15

How far along: 4w1d

First child? yes

First doctor appointment: I went for my first beta today, it was 153 at 4w1d, which the RE said was good. This is post-IUI. I am having another beta on Friday, another one Monday, then the RE says we will schedule an u/s but not sure when.

Any symptoms so far? Nothing really, I guess? I am so. tired. today but I think it is because I used to drink like 5 cups of coffee a day and now I'm having like half a cup! I thought this morning I felt a little funky but I think maybe it was in my head.

Who have you told? Just DH. Next week we are going home for Christmas and I think I'm gonna tell my mom and sister.

It still doesn't feel real! I cannot believe it worked after our first IUI + Clomid. I am on progesterone suppositories as well.

26. kayakgirl73

clementine / 750 posts

@MrsADS: Welcome. I'm pregnant post IUI. It took two tries this time but with my first LO I get pregnant on my first IUI but it was CLomid, Injectibles and a trigger. I did that again early this fall and no luck. I then started a second cycle and I had one follicle go bonkers on the clomid so the cancelled the Bravelle and had me trigger early and much to our surprise it worked. I'm 41. Good luck my RE did three beta and than an Ultrasound just after six weeks and I will have another Ultrasound at 8 Weeks.

27. kjpugs

grapefruit / 4862 posts

@MrsADS: hi and welcome!!! Where in FL are you?

28. cat620

pear / 1809 posts

@autumnlove: Welcome! I think by 8 weeks I'll definitely be in maternity pants.

@kayakgirl73: Being sick while pregnant is the worst! Hope you feel better soon.

@mrs scrapbook: Welcome!

@lil owl: I'm right there with you! I'm definitely taking mine out of the attic, since being uncomfortable isn't worth it.

@MrsADS: Welcome!

29. cat620

pear / 1809 posts

Ugh, morning sickness has hit! I was hoping I might not get it this time around, but for the past couple days I've been feeling nauseous. It comes in waves and can hit at any point during the day. I also have food aversion to pretty much everything that's not a carb. Last time I was vomiting almost everyday and eventually went on anti-nausea meds. I'm hoping I won't get to that point, but it seems like I'm feeling a little worse each day.

30. lilteacherbee

cantaloupe / 6791 posts

@mrs scrapbook: @MrsADS: Congrats and welcome!!

@aprild: Ugh, sorry lady I hope it's not as bad as last time for you.

31. Torchwood

pomelo / 5607 posts

Congratulations, it's a blob! But a blob with a heartbeat, and that's all that matters. Ultrasound went very well, despite how worried I was. So yay!

@aprild: I'm with you, except I didn't have any last time. But I was hoping to avoid it and was feeling fine. Then today I'm suddenly feeling super nauseated. I hoped it was nerves from ultrasound, but it didn't go away afterwards. Fingers crossed it doesn't get bad for either of us (or any of the others)!

32. kjpugs

grapefruit / 4862 posts

@Torchwood: Cute blob!!!!! YAY!

33. Mrs. J

pomelo / 5132 posts

@Torchwood: yay! Glad it went well!

34. lilteacherbee

cantaloupe / 6791 posts

@Torchwood: Yay!!!

35. buttermilk

nectarine / 2086 posts

@Torchwood: woohoo cute blob!

36. mrs scrapbook

apricot / 375 posts

@Torchwood: yay!!!

37. mrs scrapbook

apricot / 375 posts

@lilteacherbee: @aprild: thank you!

@aprild: ugh, I'm sorry

38. krispi

clementine / 911 posts

@aprild: I feel like I could use maternity pants already, and it's only my first pregnancy!

I had my appointment yesterday, which was a little different than I expected. I saw a new midwife at my practice along with a nurse practitioner. At first, they were just going to have me pee in a cup to take a pregnancy test and talk to me a little about how I'm doing so far. They were pretty concerned when they saw how swollen my fet had gotten, especially this early along. My blood pressure was good, so they thought it was most likely due to hormones, but they ordered bloowork to rule out my kidneys just in case. They did ask if I wanted medicine for nausea, but mine isn't bad enough yet, so I said I would hold off.

They did tell me to go straight to the drug store and get some compression socks. I put them on last night after I got home from work, and they do seem to be helping. My feet look almost back to normal this morning. They are basically tight knee socks, which is fine in the winter, but I hope and pray I don't end up having to wear these things in the summer. They are hot!!

I have 2 more appointments scheduled, an ultrasound on 1/5 when I'll be 8w1d and a full blood work up a week later on 1/12. I think we'll also discuss available tests, family histories, etc. at that second appointment.

39. mrs scrapbook

apricot / 375 posts

@krispi: That's good news that your blood pressure is good and the compression socks are helping! I hope you don't have to wear them in the summertime too!

40. autumnlove

@Torchwood: yay for an ultrasound!

@aprild: Yah, I think it will be soon for me too! I need to take my maternity clothes out of storage.

@krispi: best of luck with those socks!

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee