Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

August 2015 Moms!

1. Mrs.Scientist

cherry / 211 posts

@Mrs. Microscope: @OhCaptain: Great idea with the hydration app! Totally downloading one right now,.

2. lilteacherbee

cantaloupe / 6791 posts

I passed the glucose test with a 105!!!! Yay! So glad to not have to deal with that this time! Honestly though, it wasn't a huge deal for me with LO1 once I got used to the finger pricking. I just really, really didn't want to have to go through the 3-hour test again!

3. Mrs. Microscope

pear / 1788 posts

@lilteacherbee: yay!

Glucose test done. They will call with the results. In bad news, I gained 8lbs in 3weeks. So they tested for hypothyroidism and told me.to lay off the carbs and cheese. 22lbs total gained in 27weeks isn't too bad,but it was the sudden gain that got them worried. Especially since I work.out 3-4 days a week. So I'm feeling pretty down, like a big fat blob who should eat nothing but veggies and workout non stop

4. buttermilk

nectarine / 2086 posts

@Mrs. Microscope: hey you could just be having a heavy day today! your weight may even out again next month. And just remember it ebbs and flows. I only gained 4 lbs in the first 4 months, and then 6 lbs each month after that so far! Also trying to cool it now, but it's hard to do.

5. Mrs.Scientist

cherry / 211 posts

@Mrs. Microscope: I only gained 1lb in the first 4 of the past 6 weeks and then suddenly in those last two weeks I gained 6! It seems pretty common to have periods of not much gain followed by rapid gain in pregnancy. I wouldn't give yourself a hard time about it!

@lilteacherbee: yayy on the glucose test!

6. Mrs. Microscope

pear / 1788 posts

@buttermilk: @Mrs.Scientist: you.ladies are making me feel better. DH said the same thing... Hopefully in 3 weeks the gain won't be as crazy!

7. lilteacherbee

cantaloupe / 6791 posts

@Mrs. Microscope: They said I gained 9lbs last month and only 1lb this month according to their scales (mine said more like 5 and 5, though). It can definitely fluctuate! The same thing happened to me last pregnancy, too.

8. MrsStar

nectarine / 2994 posts

Just got the email explaining what to expect in week 29 of pregnancy ahhhh! It's making me think of how much I want to get done in the next few weeks to prep for baby.
    What is on your to-do lists?

9. MrsADS

nectarine / 2262 posts

Thanks everyone for your words of concern! I went back to the MFM doctor. My cervix is about the same, but he's concerned that I'm still having contractions and more specifically, pain with ctx (like bad menstrual cramps in my back wrapping to the front/pressure down in my lady parts, lol).

So, he gave me a medicine called Procardia to take whenever I have more than 4 ctx an hour. Then, wait an hour and if I'm still having 4 or more an hour, need to call the doctor/go to the hospital to monitor.

His gut feeling is it's probably ok but he does not want to mess around with preterm labor. And, he said that the measurement of your cervix is "retrospective" - that is to say, it's a reflection of what your contractions have been doing up to this point. It is NOT a prediction of what your cervix will do in the future, so it could change at any time. So he's going to see me in 2 weeks for another cervix check/monitoring. Continue to work from home/take it easy but not strict bedrest.

So, I feel pretty good about that plan. He also ran the fetal fibronectin test and told me they would have the results today before noon. Well, I called at 3pm and the girl answering the phone says she can't find it and will have someone called me. No one called me. It's likely going to be negative, but still - so I don't know what's going on with that. It would give me a lot of peace of mind. If it's positive, he says I get admitted to the hospital to get steroids and stuff.

Overall, this appointment went MUCH better. The doctor spent a long time talking to us and overall seemed to take it more seriously. I feel reassured.

10. cat620

pear / 1809 posts

@Mrs.Scientist: I'm still deciding what I want to do. I had a c-section due to baby being posterior and also rather large. I was in labor for 46 hours before my section, and I feel like all that labor made recovery harder. I want to avoid that happening again. I would like to do a VBAC, but I'm scared that I won't be successful. My practice is supportive of whatever I decide to do, but nobody can tell me what the outcome will be. It's a hard choice.

11. cat620

pear / 1809 posts

@MrsStar: On my to-do list is: Move DH's stuff out of the nursery, so we have room for all the baby's stuff. Find all of my son's old toys and clothes in storage and get those ready for the baby. Decide how I want to deliver. Spend lots of time with my son before the new baby comes!

It feels like I have a lot to do and not much time to do it all! I'm sure everyone feels this way though.

@MrsADS: I'm glad you're feeling reassured, and hopefully you'll get the results from your test soon! I would hate having to wait.

12. Mrs.Scientist

cherry / 211 posts

@aprild: I agree that I think that laboring for hours and hours before the CS definitely made the recovery tougher. I was sooo exhausted when I got home. It would be nice to go into everything reasonably well rested. I wish there was a way to know what the outcome would be!! Making the decision about RCS or VBAC has definitely been a struggle for me.

@MrsADS: I'm glad you've got a plan in place that you feel comfortable with for now. Fingers crossed that the bed rest helps and your contractions subside.

13. Mrs. Microscope

pear / 1788 posts

@MrsADS: so glad you are being taken care of! Fingers crossed that things continue to go well.

@aprild: from my friends who had an emergency c-section the first time and a scheduled one the second, they all loved the fact that recovery was easier when they were rested! I don't know from experience, but it seems like having an emergency c-section after a long labor means you have double the recovery, from both birth types (minus tearing)!

14. raspberries

pear / 1955 posts

@MrsStar: Aghhh, so much! It just hit me a few days ago how much I still need to do so I've started to kick it in high gear - our childbirth class is this weekend, my baby shower is next weekend, I still need to pre-register with the hospital, pick which daycare we're going to go with and send in the deposit, fill out my short-term disability claim form for work, and arrange the carseat to be installed in our car. Craziness!

@MrsADS: So glad they're taking your concerns seriously - still hoping your little one decides to hang out in utero for a while yet!

My 3-hour glucose test is scheduled for Monday morning - crossing my fingers I pass this time around.

15. Mrs. J

pomelo / 5132 posts

About to do my glucose test...oh yay. Hope the drink isn't as gross as last time!!

16. Mrs. J

pomelo / 5132 posts

@raspberries: I feel like there's so much to do and so little time! We are working on DS' big boy room and making a playroom, but summer fills up so fast!

17. Mrs.Scientist

cherry / 211 posts

Am I the only one that feels no sense of urgency yet about baby preparations? Probably part of it is that we aren't planning on a nursery for baby girl yet so there's nothing that needs to be done there except set up the halo bassinet in our room. Other than that I think we just need to pick up some diapers and other small supplies, order my new breast pump,, wash her clothes, pack my hospital bag and we're set. My DS is only 15.5 months though so I suppose that helps, too.

18. Mrs. J

pomelo / 5132 posts

I forgot how gross this drink is...it's giving me a headache already!

19. Mrs. Microscope

pear / 1788 posts

@Mrs. J: it tasted like an unfrozen orange otter pop to me. I thought it would be more syrupy! I got super light headed and felt out of it all day! Good luck passing!

20. buttermilk

nectarine / 2086 posts

@MrsStar: @raspberries: I think we are in pretty good shape! We have all the big furniture for he nursery set up. Crib, dresser, changing table, rocker. Now I'm just waiting for our baby shower in a few weeks to see what all we get and what we still have to buy, then I'll start decorating with the little stuff, and hopefully be totally finished by mid July so I can start washing and folding baby clothes, relaxing with DH, and stocking the freezer.

One big thing we haven't done at all though is looking into daycare and OMG WHY HAVE I NOT DONE THAT YET!!?

21. cat620

pear / 1809 posts

I'm feeling tired! Now that I'm in my third trimester and I have a significant belly that I'm carting around all day, I'm tired! I have a toddler and I'm a SAHM, so all day I'm running after him, getting on the floor playing with him and going places like the park or the walking trails. One day this week I went walking with a friend, and we walked 4 miles! I was tired out, but I still went with my son to the playground that afternoon for almost two hours. Plus, it's getting hot out. Everyday it's been in the upper 80s, so that makes me cranky and more tired. At night when my husband comes home from work, I just want to put my feet up, but I have to cook dinner, do the dishes, do laundry, pick up the mess around the house, etc. I feel like I get very little time to relax. Is anyone else feeling super tired like me? Sorry for ranting, but this pregnancy I have been 10 times more active than my last. I'm sure it's good to stay active, but sometimes I wonder if I'm overdoing it. Oh, and the weekends aren't relaxing, because then I'm running errands and trying to get things ready for the baby.

22. lilteacherbee

cantaloupe / 6791 posts

@aprild: YES. So tired. Between my 18 month old and my class of 5 year olds at work, I'm exhausted. Thank goodness, we only have 18 more school days! But then I'll be home with the toddler all day every day . I'm just glad we have lots of family around that can give me breaks every now and then.

23. kjpugs

grapefruit / 4862 posts

Happy Monday! How's everyone doing? I'm struggling- this is the hardest part of pregnancy for me, when I feel physically miserable but still have so long left! I have 3 months and a few days left (by EDD) and that seems like SO LONG! Probably because we really don't need to do much else besides pull out DD1's stuff!

What about everyone else! Check in

24. buttermilk

nectarine / 2086 posts

@kjpugs: today... I WANT TO EAT EVERYTHING!
    There is so much fruit in my fridge right now, I can't stop. I wonder how many calories there are in a whole cantaloupe because, I'm on my way...

25. Torchwood

pomelo / 5607 posts

@kjpugs: I'm simultaneously totally with you on 3 months seeming soooo long when I'm already uncomfortable, and freaked out about how much we have left to do. The nursery won't be finished for at least another 3 weeks, and we won't get the baby stuff out of the attic till it's painted, so I can't even check to see what we still need! Definitely stressing me out. But I'm also already getting tired of being so short of breath and things like that. Oh well. Ultrasound today, so at least we get to check in on her!

26. Mrs. Microscope

pear / 1788 posts

@buttermilk: I also want to eat everything, but I'm watching it after last week's crazy weigh in! I was good all weekend, and splurged Saturday at dinner and ate a peppercorn steak and split a slice of ice cream pie with DH because we were out for a friend's birthday.

Back at the gym today, as well as yoga. I get to babysit a friend's sweet 4 month baby boy tomorrow which should be fun. He's a good little guy, pretty easy going!

27. MrsADS

nectarine / 2262 posts

@Buttermilk at least you're eating fruit, lol! I am like bagels... ice cream... bread... all the bad stuff. Haha. Plus since I'm supposed to be taking it easy, that means NO exercise, I can't burn any of it off. I have to watch it, otherwise I'm going to gain SO much!

28. buttermilk

nectarine / 2086 posts

@Mrs. Microscope: good for you! there were lots of food/street festivals in philly this weekend. On Saturday DH and I split a meatball sub, hot roast pork sandwich, and a pork meatball bahn mi. And fries for dinner! Lol!

@MrsADS: omg ice cream every night for sure. But at least it's always a small bowl!

29. buttermilk

nectarine / 2086 posts

Ooh just got my diaper bag in the mail!! I ordered a Jujube BFF from ebags.com when they had a Mother's Day sale. So excited!

30. buttermilk

nectarine / 2086 posts

Is anyone able to tell their baby's position yet? I'm sooo clueless. I definitely feel her in a few spots more often than others, but idk what I'm feeling! Maybe the midwife can tell me next week.

Ugh, still have to take my glucose test this week too. It's walk in so maybe I'll go tomorrow!

31. Torchwood

pomelo / 5607 posts

@buttermilk: I can never really tell position. The midwife said she's head down, and I guess I'll find out for sure in a few minutes (ultrasound). The only thing I can tell is that I'm feeling hiccups in almost exactly the same place I was with R, and I know what position she was in at that point since I was getting lots of ultrasounds. So I'm guessing this one is the same? But I absolutely can't tell myself.

32. buttermilk

nectarine / 2086 posts

@Torchwood: I still don't think I've felt hiccups yet!

33. Mrs. J

pomelo / 5132 posts

@buttermilk: I think he's head down, if I remember what she said. NO idea though.

@Torchwood: no hiccups yet, and DS was a crazy hiccup-er! I almost can't even remember what they feel like.

34. lilteacherbee

cantaloupe / 6791 posts

@buttermilk: I can never figure out position, but I think they said he was head down at our ultrasound 2 weeks ago.

@kjpugs: Yeah, I'm totally a STM feeling like "well, I'll get the baby stuff out and then what?!" The weeks are flying by, but I'm kinda scared that time will almost stop by the time school gets out in 4 weeks. Work makes time go by faster I think. But, I have to say, I cannot wait until this school year is over. Like, really.

35. lilteacherbee

cantaloupe / 6791 posts

@Torchwood: Aww I forgot about hiccups! My first had them all the time, but I haven't felt them yet this time! I loved them!

36. Torchwood

pomelo / 5607 posts

I can't be the only one feeling hiccups! She gets them ALL the time, usually 3+ times a day. And I was right, she's in almost exactly the same position as R. Head down, spine along the right side of my belly with her butt up in my ribs on the right. Only difference is that this LO seems like she's got her back a little closer to center. I've been worrying more than I should that I'm not sitting up straight enough and reclining too much, so I'm glad she's nowhere close to posterior. She has plenty of time to move, of course, but for now she's in a good position!

The ultrasound went so well that it's actually pretty weird to me. I'm not used to not getting some kind of bad news at an ultrasound! Her growth is perfectly on track (actually, from what I saw she's about a week ahead, but not worried since it varies so much at this stage), and she's around 2lb 12oz. So big! Well, tiny if she came out right now, but it seems like she's grown so much! And the tech said my placenta looks 100% normal, no sign of the SCH. So apparently it's resolved itself, yay! I don't think I've ever been to the MFM office for an ultrasound and not had the doctor come in after to go over some negative result, so it was disconcerting to be able to just leave. But it was a good feeling! Though it would have been nice if LO would have been more cooperative. He had to really dig in a few times to get the shots he needed, and it hurt!

One thing that was a little odd though. I was told the monthly ultrasounds are to monitor the SCH. The tech said that he'd never heard of doing that (for one so minor with no bleeding at all), and he thought it was because of my history. He's just a tech, but they are told what they're looking for/why patients are there, so it just seemed weird. But either way, I had been planning to ask for extra ultrasounds, so I'm not going to complain that I'm getting them, whatever the reason.

Some bad news though- my doula moved to MN. She warned us that might happen, but I think I blocked that because I'd totally forgotten. Her partners are already in touch, and I'm probably going to meet with the main one soon to see if I like her enough or if I want to go with someone else entirely, but it's frustrating. Still, I'm doing a lot of sour grapes and focusing on the things I didn't love about her (like that she didn't respond to emails well, though now that I know she took this other job I expect that was because she was busy nailing that down), and not the things I did love. And our birth classes are really making me feel better about DH as my support/coach, so I'm less focused on needing an absolutely perfect doula. And hopefully this one I'm talking to will be great anyway, so it won't even matter!

37. MrsADS

nectarine / 2262 posts

@Torchwood glad you had a good ultrasound! Did they check your cervix with your history of contractions? Have been thinking about you.

38. Torchwood

pomelo / 5607 posts

Also, this pregnancy is killing my digestive tract. EVERY time I eat my stomach hurts. I'm either pooing way too much or way too little. Heartburn all the time, plus burping stomach acid which is always fun. Just super aware of food/digestion all the time, and not in a good way. Arg.

39. Torchwood

pomelo / 5607 posts

@MrsADS: Yes, I asked and he said it looks great. Still really long and no bad signs at all. Also, they haven't gotten painful again, other than a small twinge now and then. Still not sure what was up, and I'm still having plenty of BH's, but I'm figuring all is well! Hopefully both of our LO's just keep on hanging out in there for a few more months!

40. cat620

pear / 1809 posts

@Torchwood: I feel you on the digestive troubles. I get crazy heartburn/reflux whenever I lay down. I have to keep a bottle of tums in my nightstand, so I can reach over and chew a couple. It's no fun, but I was expecting it, since I had the same problem with my first pregnancy.

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee