Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

August 2015 Moms!

1. krispi

clementine / 911 posts

@Mrs. J: We've scheduled our tour and classes. My dr's office does a special tour just for their patients where they also have a meet and greet with all the drs. Our tour is in about a month from now.

@buttermilk: Ahh! Sometimes it seems like it's coming so fast!!

2. getjazzy

persimmon / 1179 posts

@buttermilk: Hope your test went well!! And I can't believe how fast it's coming. Sooo not ready.

3. Mrs. J

pomelo / 5132 posts

@Mrs. Microscope: @lilteacherbee: Thanks! I feel the same as I did last time, so no bigger, but still smuggling a basketball!

Just scheduled our hospital tour for the 6th of June--the midwives gave the go-ahead to go to a regular one. They'll still show the midwifery birthing suites, so it's not a huge deal.

What are you all doing for Memorial Day weekend? I'm happy to have a three day weekend! We're doing a 5k on Saturday (I'm basically walking with LO in the jogger lol) and a BBQ afterwards. DH is supposed to work on the playroom and then we'll probably see my parents on Monday. Got any fun plans?

4. raspberries

pear / 1955 posts

@Mrs. J: My shower is this weekend! We'll be traveling to Pennsylvania from Massachusetts tonight/tomorrow morning, then we have a family BBQ on Saturday, my shower (with family, high school friends, & college friends - I'll have something little for MA friends later) on Sunday, then driving back on Monday. I can't wait!

5. Mrs. J

pomelo / 5132 posts

@raspberries: Ooh, how exciting! Have so much fun! What are you going to wear?

6. raspberries

pear / 1955 posts

@Mrs. J: This dress: http://us.asos.com/pgeproduct.aspx?iid=4987151 (except I'm 5'1", so it comes down to my knees, unlike the gloriously tall model, haha.) It's at a pavilion at my family's church - it's supposed to be 83 and partly sunny, so I'm crossing my fingers it doesn't heat up more than that!

7. Mrs. J

pomelo / 5132 posts

@raspberries: Oh, so pretty! I think it's perfect, even if it's hotter!

8. raspberries

pear / 1955 posts

@Mrs. J: Thank you - I'll hopefully post some pictures afterwards!

9. Mrs. Microscope

pear / 1788 posts

@raspberries: so pretty, and it celebrates you little boy in the blue color! Have fun!

10. Mrs. Microscope

pear / 1788 posts

Babymoon weekend! Off to Scottsdale AZ for some fun in the sun!

11. LauraBear

cherry / 215 posts

Playing catch up on these boards! I have been reading through y'all's updates and happy to see the good news about most things! Thinking of you all.

We had a 25 week ultrasound last week since we didn't get all the necessary photos at the 21 week one. He is looking chubbier and no issues as of now. He has been kicking a ton and is head down with his butt pressing into my belly a bunch. Feeling the movement never gets old - I feel like I can communicate a little with him now as I'll press lightly on my belly sometimes and he will kick me right back!! What a feeling...

12. LauraBear

cherry / 215 posts

@Mrs. Microscope: have fun in Scottsdale! we did our babymoon in San Diego three weeks ago and it was so fun with the nice weather and all the good food! except DH got a bad toothache at the end - we lived it up as long as we could!

@raspberries: have so much fun at your shower!!

@mrs. j: sounds like such a nice long summer weekend! we are headed to a friend's cabin on the beach up near port townsend near seattle. they invited our huge dog to come too so we are pumped!! not supposed to be that nice this weekend but we are looking forward to it. DH has been doing some house projects (new hardwood floors the last few weeks in the living room, dining room, and kitchen) and the mess is starting to get to me...

13. lilteacherbee

cantaloupe / 6791 posts

@Mrs. J: We're probably just going to the beach and relaxing most of the weekend. The traffic is insane here once the tourists venture in, so I'm hoping the 20 min trip to the beach doesn't take foreverrr! (Hoping I can get DH to take N for awhile one day so I can lay on the beach in peace )

@LauraBear: Cutie!!

14. getjazzy

persimmon / 1179 posts

@raspberries: Enjoy your shower!!

15. cat620

pear / 1809 posts

@OhCaptain: I get comments where people are shocked when I tell them I still have 2 and a half months left. I don't think I look that big!

@Mrs. J: I'm not doing too much this weekend, although DH and I are going to see Pippin the musical tomorrow night. We do have a few trips coming up in the month of June. We're going to the beach for a long weekend, going to a wedding that is a couple hours away, and we are going to NYC for our anniversary!

16. Torchwood

pomelo / 5607 posts

Drawback to not telling people the name- they think that's an invitation to make suggestions. She has a name, I'm just not telling you what it is! And anyone who knows me should know that nothing about my personality makes me the type to appreciate having names pushed on me! Last time my mom was absolutely dead set on September. She made me swear to suggest it to DH, even though I was quite sure (and he confirmed) that there was no way he would even consider it. And it didn't even matter, since I would never have agreed anyway! I do have veto rights here, no matter how DH feels about it!

17. Mrs. Microscope

pear / 1788 posts

@Torchwood: ugh. opinions. You just let it out! We have only run a short list by MIL and BIL and they at.least acted like they like the names we have (I think they really do like the names) and have left it to us. Friends and mentioned names, and we just say it's a surprise. But we haven't told anyone but family that we are having a girl yet either... Name drama is right around the corner!

18. abmamma

kiwi / 641 posts

Hope everyone is enjoying the long weekend! DH and I are enjoying a kid-free weekend in the outer banks while the ILs watch DD. It has been sooo nice to sit and relax and basically do nothing. Just what we needed to kick off the third trimester. Can't believe summer is basically here- I feel like we have so much left to do before baby boy arrives!

19. kjpugs

grapefruit / 4862 posts

@Torchwood: We told everyone (since we wanted to start using it to get LO used to it) and my MIL threw a fit because it's another family name from his dad's side. (Needless to say they're divorced.) She said a lot of hurtful things (trying to say bad stuff about her just like she did with LO1) and said it was stupid, he barely knew her (all BS.) She wants a name from her side. She doesn't realize that bringing this kind of grief is exactly why no one would choose to honor her. Luckily EVERY other person had been positive. I think the difference is saying "the name IS ____" and not "we're thinking..." etc. People be crazy!

20. buttermilk

nectarine / 2086 posts

@kjpugs: @Mrs. Microscope: @Torchwood: I was nervous about telling our parents the name, so I just told them nicely... "Okay, we will tell you the name but I do not want to hear your opinion about it bc it's not up for debate. We love it, and if you don't it's because different people have different tastes. You have 4 months for it to grow on you so just get on board." And then I told them. Lol! And it's worked out I don't care if they don't like it! They will by the time she gets here.

21. lilteacherbee

cantaloupe / 6791 posts

@kjpugs: I love her name! I think it goes so well with E's name, too!!

No one has said anything about our choice, thank goodness. We had it picked out about a week after we found out the gender (12-13 weeks), so right around the time we were telling people anyway, so I guess they didn't really have a chance to suggest anything else. Same with LO1. I don't understand why people try to change your mind?! I can't imagine myself openly hating on a name that a close friend or family member chose for their baby. Ugh, some people

22. OhCaptain

kiwi / 696 posts

@Torchwood: we don't tell our name. Well, we didn't have a name for our son until two days after his birth, but I don't even like sharing the list because of how my mom specifically acts. She is very, very type A, and legalistic. So when you tell her something, she takes it as "what's happening for sure. She is DYING for us to have a name. I went to visit her last week and "so give up some of your names," was literally the second thing out of her mouth.

23. lilteacherbee

cantaloupe / 6791 posts

@abmamma: Enjoy the beach!! I'm a few hours south of you and it's been a beautiful weekend!!

24. getjazzy

persimmon / 1179 posts

Most of you have names picked, have you shared them and I missed it? I feel like I don't know this info haha. Sorry if I'm living under a rock!

25. kjpugs

grapefruit / 4862 posts

@getjazzy: Ours is Isabel "Izzie." We've shared on Instagram but not sure if I shared on here! DD1 is Effie. They're named after DH's grandma and great grandma. He used to spend summers at their farm with them.

26. getjazzy

persimmon / 1179 posts

@kjpugs: I love them both ❤️ And the meaning behind them can't be beat. I'm sorry your MIL is being a B about it. Sounds exactly like what mine would do.

27. kjpugs

grapefruit / 4862 posts

@getjazzy: It's ok, it was expected. Luckily everyone else has been thrilled. FIL and his sister have also sent some great old pics of them that they've found too which has been really meaningful to see! And thanks!

28. Mrs. J

pomelo / 5132 posts

If we ever agree on a name, we won't be sharing with people until he's here. I'm superstitious about it! With DS, we were TG, so we didn't mind sharing both names.

29. OhCaptain

kiwi / 696 posts

@getjazzy: we don't have a name yet! Our number one name (eleanor) was just picked by our friends a month ago. My husband doesn't care, but it feels less special to me now.

30. abmamma

kiwi / 641 posts

@lilteacherbee: thanks! We had a nice time and fortunately left early enough that we missed the traffic. already feeling back to reality though- didn't sleep well last night and DD was so excited we were home she refused to nap and has been a bit of a mess this afternoon! And tomorrow is a work day. Oh well- it was good while it lasted

31. MissLace

apricot / 311 posts

our name we chose is Sienna Rosalie and although i haven't posted her name on social media (and wont until she's born), if anyone asks i tell them and everyones reaction so far seems to be along the lines of "thats so pretty, and i'm so glad you're not keeping it a secret!"

32. lilteacherbee

cantaloupe / 6791 posts

@getjazzy: LO2 will be Carter Michael

33. kayakgirl73

clementine / 750 posts

Ugh. I'm feeling so done. I'm 30 weeks and feel as big as I was at 40 weeks. Having trouble getting comfortable at night and sleeping well so I'm so tired. Also swelling issues and a weird sore spot in my tummy that might be related to my fibroid.

So much to do to get ready and work is crazy.

34. OhCaptain

kiwi / 696 posts

@kayakgirl73: I feel ok in the morning and done by the evening! Sleep is horrible. I'm comfortable in one position for about an hour, and then whatever side im laying on, that hip begins to ache. Rolling over with my body pillow is a production. My husband is currently sleeping in the guest room. Everyone gets more sleep that way!

35. getjazzy

persimmon / 1179 posts

@Mrs. J: I know lots of people don't share names, even online so you're not alone!

@OhCaptain: Ugh that sucks that your name got used. I can see myself feeling the same way as you did, kinda takes the wind out of your sails. Hopefully you can find a name you love even more as a result of this.

@MissLace: Gorgeous name, so classic sounding.

@lilteacherbee: LOVE the name Carter. I pulled hard for it with my first but I couldn't get my husband on board 100%.

@kayakgirl73: I hear you! I'm 30 weeks too and have very generous sick coverage through work which allowed me to be off starting around this time with my first and I'm feeling like I'm heading in that same direction. I'm miserable and not sleeping at all. With my first, I slept like a log all the way up to my delivery and I never understood the whole "not being able to get comfy" thing. Boy am I paying for it now.. I'm up alllll night it feels like, trying to turn over and find a sleeping position that doesn't suck and when I do, it only stay comfy for like 20 mins.

As for names, we have about 30+ on our list right now and seem really wishy washy about them but if it were up to my opinion alone, I've been leaning heavily towards Sophie lately and even had a few dreams where I've told people her name is Sophie so we'll see what happens with that. I need something that is either a french name, or one that can easily be pronounced by heavily accented french folk since that is most of my family and LOs will be going to full french school so I don't want their teachers constantly butchering either.

36. krispi

clementine / 911 posts

@OhCaptain: Your nights sound like mine. Every now and then, I have a good night, but even then I'm still rolling over several times and getting up to go to the bathroom. I have a distant memory of being able to sleep from the time my head hit the pillow until it was time to get up...

@kayakgirl73: I don't have a previous pregnancy to compare to, but I'm having swelling issues too that make it hard for me to be very active. My fibroid hasn't been sore for a while, but my dr is going to start doing monthly ultrasounds to keep an eye on it because it's pretty big. I'm hoping those ultraounds will give me a better idea when I can expect her to come - like if they'll want to induce early or just let it happen on it own.

Her name will probably be either Emily Paige or Emily Elaine. We're set on Emily as the first name. I'm leaning toward Elaine as the middle name because there's a lot of family history with that name, even though I wasn't as crazy about how it sounds at first.

37. MrsADS

nectarine / 2262 posts

Just finished drinking my nasty Glucola stuff. Blech!! That stuff is nasty. I feel like it's just sitting in my throat.. Hopefully I pass!!!

38. OhCaptain

kiwi / 696 posts

@krispi: luckily I haven't slept through the night since my first pregnancy, so the constant wake ups don't feel too bad, nothing compares to that newborn exhaustion though!

39. raspberries

pear / 1955 posts

So my shower was amazing!!! It was great to see so many family and friends together all in one place, and my best friend went above and beyond with all the cute little details! Attaching some pictures here (sorry if they're huge, I'm not sure how to resize?)

40. Mrs. Microscope

pear / 1788 posts

@raspberries: so cute! And you look great! Those cakes are beautiful too. So glad you had a fun time!

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee