Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

August 2015 Moms!

1. MrsStar

nectarine / 2994 posts

@raspberries: Looks like an amazing shower!

2. Mrs.Scientist

cherry / 211 posts

@MissLace: LOVE the name Sienna! I'm so jealous. It's one of my favorites but I just can't get DH to go with it. We are still debating and can't seem to agree on anything.

@raspberries: Looks like it was a great shower and you looked amazing! How was your babymoon in nola?

3. kayakgirl73

clementine / 750 posts

@krispi: My fibroid is 10 centimeters. Big I think. We also are having trouble with names.

4. cat620

pear / 1809 posts

@raspberries: Your shower looked so cute! I love the theme!

5. getjazzy

persimmon / 1179 posts

@raspberries: Wow! Gorgeous shower!

Today is DS' first night in his big boy room and bed! Can't believe he is this grown up already. I managed not to cry.. Yet. Probably because it's going so well! He didn't cry or try and get up even though I left the room when he was completely awake. Hopefully he doesn't wake up for the day at 4am haha.

6. autumnlove

hostess / wonderful watermelon / 39513 posts

@raspberries: awesome shower! You look great!

7. Mrs. J

pomelo / 5132 posts

@raspberries: what a beautiful shower!!!!

8. Mizhi

coffee bean / 46 posts

I had my 30-week OB appointment today at 30+2. The appointment only took around ten minutes, it was so quick! She just listened to the baby's heartbeat (152 bpm) and told me that everything seemed to be on track, etc. She even guessed how the baby was positioned when I asked her. The only negative is that I was officially told to try not to gain any more weight! I've gained around 30 pounds so far at 30 weeks ... So here goes eating healthy(er) and exercising more!

I also visited the local baby store and bought some little things like a bath water thermometer, hair brush set, baby pillow (for supervised awake-time only), and clothes ... Ah, clothes! So adorable! And so difficult choosing between different patterns! We bought one dress, a dressy kimono-style onesie with an adorable koi fish pattern, and three(!) packages of 5-pack kimono-style shirts (0-3 months size). I'm pretty sure I've decided to be responsible and return two of the packages ... Because surely baby doesn't need 15 kimono-style shirts, does she ...? Each pack cost a little less than $20 (with the exchange rate). Someone talk me down (or up)! I still haven't purchased other items, like onesies, pants, and other clothing necessities ...

Edit: I also got my tdap shot, so my left shoulder feels like it got punched.

9. krispi

clementine / 911 posts

@kayakgirl73: That does sound pretty big. Does your dr. seem concerned? Mine is between 6-8 cm, but they said it shouldn't be much of a problem due to its position.

10. OhCaptain

kiwi / 696 posts

@Mizhi: good luck with not gaining any more weight! I've also been told I need to not gain any weight, I'm only up 4 pounds, but I started at a high pre-pregnancy weight. It's tough, but doable. I've just really cut out treats (sad) and instead of eating a nightly bowl of cereal (something I only indulge in while pregnant) i have an apple or a hard boiled egg (boring) but it's working. I gained 40lbs with my first.

As for the kimono style shirts, 15 is probably more than enough in 0-3 months, but if you plan on ONLY using those with pants or whatever, 10 isn't too many!

11. kayakgirl73

clementine / 750 posts

@krispi: My OB hasn't seemed concerned. I see her tomorrow. The MFM's are watching it. It's not in a position to bother baby or make a vaginal delivery a problem, however they did say it could make me uncomfortable. Baby is breech and I'm hoping the fibroid doesn't cause issues with her flipping.

12. LauraBear

cherry / 215 posts

@raspberries: beautiful shower!! happy for you!

13. buttermilk

nectarine / 2086 posts

@raspberries: looks like you had a fantastic shower! Did you get much of your registry fulfilled?

I just had my 29 wk appt. Passed glucose woohoo! And everything seems right on target. Gained 23 lbs so far, which I WISH was a bit lower but hey me and baby are healthy and midwife says my gain is perfect so far and that she bets it will slow down a bit at the end. 3rd month in a row of 6 lb gain!

She also took an educated guess that baby is head down with her back against the left side of my belly and her feet on the right, pretty much how I thought!

We also scheduled all the rest of my prenatal appts, (CRAZY) and I got a prescription for a breast pump so I'm gonna go order that now!

You guys we are getting sooo clooose!

14. MrsADS

nectarine / 2262 posts

@Buttermilk I've gained almost that much and I'm only 27 weeks so don't feel too bad. My OB is totally fine with it and I'm actually measuring 2 weeks behind, apparently. Which she isn't super concerned about, but she will keep an eye on.

Sounds like everyone is doing pretty well. Hang in there ladies, we are getting close!! I have my next appointment with the perinatologist Friday to check on the preterm labor front. I am still having a ton of contractions/cramping/pain, but hopefully baby is still staying in there for a while.

15. raspberries

pear / 1955 posts

Thanks everyone! The shower was really fun - now I'm spending all my time after work organizing baby clothes (omg, they're so little) and writing thank you notes, haha.

@buttermilk: Yeah, we did! I think the only $100+ item that we'll have to buy is the carseat/stroller system - we were gifted our highchair, pack n play, rock n play, and beco gemini baby carrier. We also got tons of clothes/blankets/toys/diapers that we didn't register for, so I'm glad I hadn't started to stock up on any of those just yet!

@Mizhi: Oh man, my tdap was so annoying - I got it in the left arm thinking it'd be better than my dominant (right) side, but I forgot that I sleep on my left side now... falling asleep was the worst!

16. cat620

pear / 1809 posts

Does anyone else feel huge? At my last appointment, my doctor said my weight gain was good, but it's still hard to step on the scale and see the numbers keep going up. I know you're supposed to gain weight, but it feels like I'm getting big all over (not just my belly). Also, my husband is one of those tall skinny guys who can eat whatever he wants and never gain a pound. I now weigh more than him, and I feel like he makes me look even bigger! Sorry for the rant, it's just the last trimester makes me feel huge!

17. Mizhi

coffee bean / 46 posts

@raspberries: Oh man, getting up out of bed in the middle of the night with a sore shoulder was not fun. I was too groggy to remember to be careful with it.

@OhCaptain: I'm cutting out sugar in my daily coffee and getting rid of cereal altogether. I haven't been eating too poorly except my Taco Bell cravings ... I guess I'll just have to start exercising more.

@AprilD: I thought I was gaining weight decently until recently when I saw my backside in natural light. That was a huge reality check! And somewhat traumatizing ... I'm also just barely ten pounds lighter than DH ...

18. OhCaptain

kiwi / 696 posts

@Mizhi: I'm a firm believer that your body will do what it needs, in pregnancy, as long as you aren't eating like crazy. It sounds like you have a few easy modifications!

19. OhCaptain

kiwi / 696 posts

So,, I also had my 30 week appt today. At the very end my midwife said "how come I don't see your GD test here?" And I said "uh....." Turns out the lab never sent my results! They faxed them while I was there, and I passed. I'm just glad I wasn't walking around with GD with out knowing! I guess this is a good cautionary tale for being an advocate for ones health!

20. buttermilk

nectarine / 2086 posts

@aprild: yes I feel so fat and am definitely gaining a little all over. my face feels rounder, I hate that double chin feeling lol! But I'm eating so sensibly, I agree with @OhCaptain: our bodies are doing exactly what they need to do. Maternal storage tissue y'all!!

21. OhCaptain

kiwi / 696 posts

@buttermilk: I feel ya. Even though Ive gained very little weight my butt and thighs also look 30 weeks pregnant!

22. Mrs. Microscope

pear / 1788 posts

@buttermilk: the emerging double chin is the worst! We got our maternity photos back and I feel like I look like a fat cow in some of them! "smiling down at the tummy" = instant fat face! I got some good shots in though. Feeling big, and knowing I have 9-12 weeks left sounds exhausting!

23. kjpugs

grapefruit / 4862 posts

Sitting waiting for my glucose testing to be done. I hate this part! At least I got lemon lime. I hear fruit punch is gross but I hate fruit punch in general. I had orange last time. What did everyone else get?

24. getjazzy

persimmon / 1179 posts

@kjpugs: I think we only have orange here? Never seen another option and had orange last pregnancy and this one. Good luck on the test! Lemon lime doesn't sound too awful! I could see the fruit punch being nasty but I'm also not a fruit punch fan!

25. OhCaptain

kiwi / 696 posts

@kjpugs: I had orange with my first and fruit punch with this one. The consensus on my facebook page was that lemon-lime was the worst. Ha. I think it's all personal preference. I like fruit punch but dislike fake orange.

26. kjpugs

grapefruit / 4862 posts

@OhCaptain: That's too funny!!!!

27. raspberries

pear / 1955 posts

@aprild: I don't feel huge so much as uncomfortable - it's getting hard to sit in an upright position at my desk from 9-6 every day. I keep having to lean forward/back or put my feet up on my recycle bin to give the bump some space. I'd kill to have a chaise longue at my desk!

@kjpugs: I didn't get a choice either, but I probably would have chosen fruit punch over the orange - love fruit punch!

28. kjpugs

grapefruit / 4862 posts

@raspberries: I wonder if anyone gets a choice!? I sure didn't. I was probably the first person to say "YES!" when she handed me lemon lime, only because I was dreading fruit punch!

29. Mrs. Microscope

pear / 1788 posts

@kjpugs: no choice, I got orange. But that's what I wanted, I hate fruit punch!

30. buttermilk

nectarine / 2086 posts

@kjpugs: I got orange!

31. lilteacherbee

cantaloupe / 6791 posts

@kjpugs: I got orange every time (I've done it 4 times). I don't remember the rest, but this last time, I had a choice between orange and lemon lime. I didn't think it was too bad!

Good luck!!

32. Mrs. J

pomelo / 5132 posts

I've gotten orange both times. Blech!

33. MrsADS

nectarine / 2262 posts

@kjpugs @raspberries I definitely didn't have a choice, it was orange only!! Thankfully, I just found out I passed my test - woohoo. So far I have eaten 2 bagels today (to celebrate?)... bad. Have to do better!!

Went to the MFM this morning. My cervix hasn't changed any, so that's good, but I was having a ton of contractions on the monitor and the dr was actually able to feel my belly during contractions so he knows it's not in my head. He gave me magnesium to take to also try to calm the contractions. He seemed more worried - I have to see him again in a week, instead of two.

In good news, the baby is measuring huge - 89th percentile, and estimated at 2 lbs 14 oz at 27.5 weeks!!
    I got some adorable 3D pics, too.

34. kayakgirl73

clementine / 750 posts

Had an OB appointment today, rescheduled from yesterday as the doctor had an emergency delivery so I had to see one of the docs in the practice that I don't like as much. My Fibroid is causing me quite a bit of pain which stinks. It's so hard to get anything done and I have so much to do. At least my blood pressure, urinalysis and the baby's heartbeat were all good and they said my swelling was not that bad even though I think it's pretty bad. I start appointments every two weeks now. Have to go to my primary care doc or a pharmacy to get the TDap..

35. Torchwood

pomelo / 5607 posts

@raspberries: I am so with you on the not feeling huge but so uncomfortable. We're on our baby moon to a cabin in Gatlinburg, and all I want to do right now is find a comfortable position to sit and read, but it's just not working! I just feel like I can't breathe no matter what I do.

36. OhCaptain

kiwi / 696 posts

I still have yet to have Anyone mention a Tdap shot to me!

37. buttermilk

nectarine / 2086 posts

@OhCaptain: I had to remind my midwife this week. She forgot! But then I decided to push it til next time anyway. I am reeeeeally dreading that sore arm!

@Torchwood: girl I feel you. And I can't relax at an incline without pulling myself upright to let out a huge burp every 10 minutes. Lol. Baby is leaving NO room for food!

Also I saw this today, lol...

38. kayakgirl73

clementine / 750 posts

@buttermilk: oh my what a cartoon. So true.

@OhCaptain: I had to ask yesterday about the TDAP however I have to get it from a pharmacy or my primary care doc. What a pain.

39. OhCaptain

kiwi / 696 posts

@buttermilk: lol to that cartoon! I swear my baby does that every night from 9-11pm!

40. buttermilk

nectarine / 2086 posts

Omg this reflux is wrecking my life!!!

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee