Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

August 2015 Moms!

1. Mrs.Scientist

cherry / 211 posts

@lilteacherbee: Mine will be just about exactly 18 months, give or take a week depending on when LO#2 arrives. My mom will be here to help but I'm still nervous. He's been especially clingy lately so it will be heartbreaking having to deny him snuggles if he wants them and it's too painful or something.

2. lilteacherbee

cantaloupe / 6791 posts

@Mrs.Scientist: I know what you mean. I almost always do bedtime and I made DH promise to lift him, etc but still let me do it after the baby's born.

3. MrsADS

nectarine / 2262 posts

Has anyone else started feeling kind of crappy? I have had a few days of feeling nauseous and tonight was the worst, I couldn't eat or drink anything. And now I am reading online that sometimes morning sickness comes back in the 3rd trimester for some people?! Is this a real thing?! Seriously I am going to be SO MAD if I start feeling sick again... aaaagh!

4. kjpugs

grapefruit / 4862 posts

@MrsADS: Me although I never got rid of morning sickness. It's just gotten worse and I also feel more tired and achey.

5. Mrs. Microscope

pear / 1788 posts

@MrsADS: I have had headache, light nausea and total exhaustion the last week! Not happy about it, but excited that it means little girl is almost here!

6. Mrs.Scientist

cherry / 211 posts

@MrsADS: I've been feeling nauseous on and off lately too. Tonight I could barely eat dinner because of it. Not fun.

7. OhCaptain

kiwi / 696 posts

@MrsADS: I'm not nauseated, but I feel some food as versions creeping in. Not like the first trimester where they made me gag. I just don't want to eat anything but fruit.

8. Mrs. J

pomelo / 5132 posts

I had some nausea, exhaustion, and headache last week.

Sitting waiting for my blood draw...I wanted to do it yesterday and waited for an hour before they said I needed to fast for 12-14 hours...really hoping it's not cholestasis!!

9. buttermilk

nectarine / 2086 posts

Def having some more frequent headaches and reflux but luckily not nausea!

10. Portboston

persimmon / 1281 posts

@MrsADS: I officially feel like crap. I started feeling that way about 2-3 weeks ago (31-32 weeks). I have slight nausea all the time now & my heartburn is back with a vengeance...doesn't matter how much I eat or what I eat. Plus Im not sleeping well at all. I'm so over being pregnant.

11. MrsADS

nectarine / 2262 posts

@KJPugs @Mrs. Microscope @Mrs. Scientist @OhCaptain @Mrs. J @Buttermilk @Portboston NOOOOO! Seriously I am gonna have a breakdown. I started taking my Diclegis last night again, full dose, in hopes that will help. I feel better today but still not great. Well, I guess this will help hold down my 3rd trimester weight gain.

12. getjazzy

persimmon / 1179 posts

@Portboston: My heartburn is out of control. I gt heartburn just thinking about eating and I know I shouldn't let t, but sometimes it makes me not eat when I probably should because I already feel awful and I know eating will make it worse. Seriously such a horrid pregnancy symptom. I had it with my first too so I don't know why I'm "surprised" by it,I guess I just forgot how bad it was. Blegh, miserable. I was even chewing tums while I was in labour last time. But the good news for me is it disappeared instantly when baby was born!

13. getjazzy

persimmon / 1179 posts

@MrsADS: Only good thing is, you might know when baby is on the way. Don't they say suddenly feeling great when you haven't been feeling well is a sign that labour will begin in a day or so? Haha.. I guess that's not guaranteed and not much of a silver lining but it's something.

14. MrsADS

nectarine / 2262 posts

@Getjazzy I have definitely heard that! But, I'm only 31 weeks so I'm hoping labor does not start soon But with all my contractions, short cervix, and the fact that baby boy has dropped and is way down in pelvis, I guess it wouldn't be a huge shock. I should probably get my hospital bag packed just in case something happens....

15. abmamma

kiwi / 641 posts

Sorry to hear so many of you are feeling so crappy! I am tired and semi-uncomfortable most of the time but haven't had much in the way of nausea or heartburn (knock on wood).

We are still struggling with a name for baby boy and last night I jokingly asked DD if she had any suggestions. She suggested naming him either "daddy too" or "pink bunny" (after her lovey). It was pretty cute.

16. getjazzy

persimmon / 1179 posts

@MrsADS: No, I'm hoping you don't go in to labour either! But maybe if you feel sick for the next little while.. watch out for suddenly feeling great. Right now I'm so exhausted and almost lethargic everyday, I'll be on the lookout if I suddenly find energy somewhere because that will be mega out of character

@abmamma: So cute!!! We've also been struggling. I find asking DS to say the names we are considering has actually helped me picture using them (or not). I asked him what we should name his sister and he said kitty lol... a little while later he changed it to puppy. Don't think we'll be using either of those.

17. OhCaptain

kiwi / 696 posts

@abmamma: at least you got a sweet suggestion. I got "firetruck poop" as a suggestion from DS.

18. buttermilk

nectarine / 2086 posts

I've been MIA and just now getting to this!

How many weeks are you: 33
    Due date: 8/11
    Baby's gender: Girl
    Symptoms you're dealing with now: Leg cramps multiple times per night, reflux which is now turning into heartburn, constant peeing & rolling in and out of bed like a beached whale
    Innie or outtie: innie still but mega flat
    Rings on or off: On! I haven't had any swelling.
    Lately I've been craving: Still just ALL THE FRUIT
    Stretch marks: I think I might have the beginnings of 1. Not sure - looks like a squiggly "S" shaped red mark
    Braxton Hicks: Not really. I feel my uterus get tight but it's usually after a specific kind of movement. And never painful.
    Hospital bag packed: Not yet but after Torchwood went I'm thinking I should do that soon!
    Baby's room: We got a lot of the decor elements from our shower, now I just need to put it all together. Still need a rug and curtains too, but I'm waiting for a July 4th sale.
    Baby shower: Had it!
    How is DH/DW/Partner doing: Great! Super excited
    Most excited about: Meeting her for the first time
    Most nervous/worried about: How having a baby is going to change my relationship with DH.
    Any birth plan specifics (RCS, med free, VBAC etc..): Natural hospital birth with Hypnobabies.

19. getjazzy

persimmon / 1179 posts

@OhCaptain: Hahahahahah omg...maybe as a middle name?

20. raspberries

pear / 1955 posts

We still don't have a name for DS over here either - I asked my nephew (who's 2) and he said either Thomas or James. I was like, "Well, those are actually pretty good suggestions..." but then he insisted that DS's last name would have to be Tank Engine, so that's obviously where those suggestions came from.

21. abmamma

kiwi / 641 posts

@getjazzy: well in the past we have also gotten "boy" as a suggestion from her too. Good idea to have LO1 say the potential name(s) to see whether it's a good fit. We may have to try that.

@OhCaptain: too funny!!

22. T.H.O.U.

wonderful clementine / 24134 posts

@raspberries: *lurking*

I am loving the name James right now! I like Thomas too but James is a big favorite of mine!

23. raspberries

pear / 1955 posts

@T.H.O.U.: YES! It's one of my front runners, but DH doesn't like it because he doesn't like the nicknames Jim or Jimmy, which would probably be inevitable.

24. abmamma

kiwi / 641 posts

@raspberries: I was honestly surprised we didn't get any suggestions from Daniel Tiger or Chuggington (her favorites).

25. buttermilk

nectarine / 2086 posts

@raspberries: agree I love James!

26. buttermilk

nectarine / 2086 posts

I feel like my belly button is gonna pop any minute. DH wants it to happen so badly lol.

27. Portboston

persimmon / 1281 posts

omg these name suggestions are AMAZING!!!!! My friends son suggested Bongo for his new baby sisters name. I thought that was creative but Im not sure it beats Firetruckpoop!!!! LMAO

28. T.H.O.U.

wonderful clementine / 24134 posts

@raspberries: I know several little boys that use the nick name Jamie until they go to school.

29. Mrs. J

pomelo / 5132 posts

We don't have a name either, but DS says we should name the baby Yellow.

30. raspberries

pear / 1955 posts

@T.H.O.U.: I've been telling DH that if his whole family calls him Jamie, other kids would too... we'll see if I can convince him!

31. Portboston

persimmon / 1281 posts

Does anyone else have issues with swallowing? I swear this whole pregnancy I choke on whatever I'm drinking probably once a day. Its pretty embarrassing when my coworkers think I'm dying on a regular basis!

32. OhCaptain

kiwi / 696 posts

@Portboston: I haven't with this pregnancy, but I did with my last! I was constantly coughing/choking in my cubicle! Also, I take it back, it happened to me today while i was driving and it made me realize how little it's happened compared to last time.

33. raspberries

pear / 1955 posts

@Portboston: Hahaha, yes to this too! At first I thought it was just because I was drinking more water than I do when I'm not pregnant, but it's been happening with anything liquid. I had no idea this was a common thing!

34. Portboston

persimmon / 1281 posts

@raspberries: @OhCaptain: such a strange pregnancy symptom! I wish someone would have warned me that Id need to concentrate more whenever I was drinking anything

35. kjpugs

grapefruit / 4862 posts

@Portboston: That's crazy, I've noticed it and was sure I had a throat tumor and was dying! I'll take it as a pregnancy symptom!

36. cat620

pear / 1809 posts

@getjazzy: I also struggle with heartburn! I munch on tums during the day and take Zantac at night. I can't sleep otherwise, because I feel the burning all night long. Even if I try to eat 3-4 hours before bedtime, the heartburn will linger for hours and hours. I hate this symptom!

37. Mizhi

coffee bean / 46 posts

@Portboston: I don't have an issue with swallowing, but I do miss my mouth now and then ...

I woke up to a crazy leg cramp Wednesday morning. Luckily my husband was still at home so I was able to get him to give me a massage. I had to grit my teeth and smush a pillow over my face to handle the pain! I wonder how labor contractions compare ...? Then last night I actually felt the same muscle tighten again while I was going about my business doing chores. I had DH massage it a bit again and spent some time stretching it as best as I could. Luckily I didn't wake up to another cramping episode.

I saw another OB at the hospital on Wednesday morning who I really liked. She said my weight gain was not a concern, unlike the other OB who told me to stop gaining any! And while I do wish I hadn't gained as much, I'm with the new OB that my weight gain was still in the range of normal and that my body would do what it had to do.

She also asked if I had experienced any Braxton Hicks, to which I replied that I had, and that the pain was a 2 out of 10. She told me that BH shouldn't be causing any pain! So what were those lower belly menstrual crampy feelings that I had over the weekend? I haven't had any since, but still, it makes me a tad anxious.

38. buttermilk

nectarine / 2086 posts

@Mizhi: poor thing. I get leg cramps multiple times a night and it suxxxx! I asked my midwife yesterday and she says its just one of those things that happens and they can't really explain it. So weird! I'm up 28 pounds at 33 weeks. So if I keep gaining a pound a week I'll be at 35. And I'm okay with that! Your body knows what it's doing, and I'm glad you saw an OB who agrees.

39. kitty

apricot / 315 posts

@Mizhi: my OB actually warned me that BHs aren't always painless, although I always thought they were meant to be. I sometimes get the crampy feeling you mentioned and I just assumed it was baby pushing and irritating something, or general pressure and stretching.

40. Portboston

persimmon / 1281 posts

@Mizhi: ah yes, missing my mouth has happened once or twice....a day!

I had a battle with a leg cramp a few weeks ago. I've heard upping your magnesium intake will help with that.

Im also up about 30lbs at 34 weeks. My midwife doesn't even ask what my weight is (we have group prenatal appointments so we are responsible for taking our own weight while we are there) I think as long as you're not way too high or way too low, they shouldn't really be too concerned.

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee