Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

August 2015 Moms!

1. kayakgirl73

clementine / 750 posts

We are still stuck on a name for baby girl. OB appointment went well yesterday. Today I have another growth scan at the MFM office hopefully no crazy scares this time.

2. Ms. RV

pear / 1930 posts

Today, I got my first "you must be due any day" comment. No... still 6.5 weeks.

3. Portboston

persimmon / 1281 posts

@Ms. RV: people don't think before they speak...I had that at work the other day. Some woman asked me how much longer and when I said about 7 weeks she said "oh you're already so big!" ummmm that's NOT a compliment LADY. The thing I don't get is some of the comments come from women who have been pregnant in their lives. They must forget how it feels.

4. Ms. RV

pear / 1930 posts

@Portboston: Yes! The lady who said it has four kids and two grandkids. I hope she never said that to her daughters.

5. getjazzy

persimmon / 1179 posts

@Ms. RV: People have said that to me starting probably, 4-5 weeks ago. I didn't even think I looked that big! Wtf people, don't say that to a pregnant lady lol.

6. Mrs. Microscope

pear / 1788 posts

If any stranger says something along those lines to me, I plan to tell them I'm not pregnant. I want them to feel awkward!

7. kjpugs

grapefruit / 4862 posts

@Mrs. Microscope: hahahaha I officially love you. That's brilliant.

8. Portboston

persimmon / 1281 posts

@Mrs. Microscope: That's a great response! hahaha.

9. lilteacherbee

cantaloupe / 6791 posts

@Mrs. Microscope: hahaha

@Ms. RV: Ugh those comments kill me. I had someone tell me last week "only 2 or 3 weeks left, right?! You're so big!" Yeah. I was 32 weeks

10. lilteacherbee

cantaloupe / 6791 posts

@kayakgirl73: Hope your ultrasound goes well!

11. lilteacherbee

cantaloupe / 6791 posts

@Mizhi: The leg cramps are AWFUL! I only get them during pregnancy and they hurt so bad! It's always in the middle of the night that I wake up screaming my head off with my leg stuck up in the air trying to get DH to massage it (he thought I was dying the first couple of times).

12. buttermilk

nectarine / 2086 posts

@Mrs. Microscope: lol! I thought about doing that if someone said something to me about being at this beer garden with my mom last week. Like "excuse me??? I'm not pregnant!"

13. buttermilk

nectarine / 2086 posts

@lilteacherbee: sounds like me!!! I get them in places on my leg I didn't even know we're possible. Like even around my shin! And up near my hips!

14. buttermilk

nectarine / 2086 posts

Most of my comments from strangers are in the opposite direction. That they think I only look 5 or 6 months pregnant. Though I think I've kinda popped this week finally!

What has surprised me the most about strangers is how many of them ask me what the baby's name is! Like cashiers, all kinds of randos. I would never ask a stranger what they are naming their baby! I don't even feel comfortable asking friends lol.

15. cat620

pear / 1809 posts

@Mizhi: I always heard Braxton Hicks can be painful. That's strange that she told you they weren't, because I would say that's definitely what you had!

@Ms. RV: Ah, those comments! I got more of those with my last pregnancy and really haven't heard it much this time around. It's so annoying though!

16. cat620

pear / 1809 posts

I'm almost 34 weeks and I'm starting to get a little uncomfortable with this pregnancy. My hips/back get sore when I'm sleeping. I have to keep switching sides, and when I get up to use the bathroom (3-4 times a night), I feel really stiff. My feet swell in the evenings, and the heartburn can be terrible! I think at this point, I just feel annoyed and irritable. It's probably influenced by the insane heat we've been having for the past two weeks. This weekend the high is supposed to be in the 80s, which sounds heavenly compared to the 100 degrees it has been every single day!

17. lilteacherbee

cantaloupe / 6791 posts

@aprild: You're in NC, too right? Or did I make that up? I'm so excited for 80s instead of 100! The humidity is what kills me. I can't walk to the car without feeling like I'm melting!!

18. MrsADS

nectarine / 2262 posts

@Buttermilk me too!! Seriously, the first question is "What are you having?" Boy. Second question, "What are you going to name him?" I would never ask anyone that!! And, we don't know what we're going to name him so I just say we're still deciding. Seems like a really personal question to ask to me!

19. lilteacherbee

cantaloupe / 6791 posts

@MrsADS: @buttermilk: My most asked question is probably "boy or girl?" When I say "another boy!" with a smile, the other person will say something like "aww, well you can try for a girl next time" or "you'll have to have 3, maybe you'll get your girl." It makes me crazy because I actually WANTED another boy (imagine that!!).

20. Portboston

persimmon / 1281 posts

@buttermilk: that is so strange that complete strangers ask the name!
    @aprild: Oh man...I feel horrible for you! We are supposed to get ne day in the 100's this weekend and Im dreading it. I can not imagine having that every day (although we've been quite close all week and its been miserable!)
    @lilteacherbee: That is SO rude. I just read a blog post about this exact issue the other day. Some people WANT one gender over the other! Not everyone needs 1 of each!

Are you ladies doing anything to prepare for the GBS swab? I started eating greek yogurt everyday for breakfast...hopefully that helps!

21. cat620

pear / 1809 posts

@lilteacherbee: Yes, I am! The humidity is awful. Even when I'm running the air conditioning at full power, it takes forever to cool my car down. It makes me not want to drive anywhere or leave the house, because this heat is unbearable.

@lilteacherbee: I've gotten that a few times too, since this is my second boy. I've come to terms with not having a girl, so it does make me feel a little sad when people keep bringing it up. I was hoping for a girl, so for me, it's like pouring salt in the wound.

@Portboston: I've never heard of doing anything to prepare for the swab. My last one was negative, but I know you can get a positive with later pregnancies.

22. abmamma

kiwi / 641 posts

@aprild: I've been feeling similarly this week. I can't get comfortable at night so I don't sleep well, I'm hot, I have swollen ankles by the end of the day no matter what I seem to do, etc. Generally just feeling tired and grouchy.

I also got really annoyed with DH last night because I mentioned that I was starting to feel anxious about getting things settled (nursery painted, room organized, etc.) before the baby comes since it's almost July already and he basically just shrugged it off and said it didn't really matter if it was done. I was like "it matters to me!!" Ugh. I am in that place where part of me wants time to speed up/for baby to get here and the other part of me wants it to slow down so I have more time. Between trying to rest up after a long work week + spend quality time with DD + get things ready for baby #2 , it's hard to fit everything in on the weekends (especially when we have other things that need to get done like laundry and errands!).

23. Portboston

persimmon / 1281 posts

@aprild: Im not sure there is much we can do anyways...Ive heard taking a daily probiotic or eating yogurt might help. I figured it can't hurt!

24. Mrs. J

pomelo / 5132 posts

@Portboston: I won't get swabbed because I tested positive in my urine in the first tri, which means I need antibiotics. I was negative last pregnancy.

My panels came back all good, so no cholestasis!!

25. kjpugs

grapefruit / 4862 posts

@MrsADS: @buttermilk: @lilteacherbee: When I was first pregnant I would get a lot of "I bet you want a boy this time!" When it was strangers who I wouldn't see again I would just be like "... No." (But also- NONE OF YOUR BUSINESS!) We wanted another girl but didn't advertise that too much with people in our families just in case, but now we get a lot of comments about two girls- so I am always quick to say "another girl- which we wanted!" to ward off those comments. I don't know if anyone's asked her name though?

26. Mrs. Microscope

pear / 1788 posts

@Portboston: a friend swore that eating less sugar would result in a negative gbs... Which i found funny as a microbiologist! You either have it or you don't... It's a normal flora thing! Having it doesn't mean you are 'dirty' either, which some people think. It's just variation!

27. Portboston

persimmon / 1281 posts

@Mrs. Microscope: From what I have read, we all have it and the test will result in a positive if the count is over a certain number...? Maybe sugar would exacerbate the growth of the bacteria? The only reason Im trying to avoid a positive is because I'm trying to avoid a hep lock and I know if I have to get the antibiotics for GBS they'll need to leave the hep lock in....otherwise it really wouldn't bother me! But of course, Ill do whats best for baby!

28. Mrs. Microscope

pear / 1788 posts

@Portboston: it certainly can't hurt to try low sugar and more probiotic! My hospital requires all women to get a heplock upon admission in case of emergency, but if you can avoid it, awesome!

29. OhCaptain

kiwi / 696 posts

@Portboston: I've never heard of anything being able to "change" the GBS test outcomes. I had it with my last baby, and just got tested for it this week, don't have my results yet. My midwife just prescribes antibiotics (oral) pre-delivery.

30. cat620

pear / 1809 posts

@abmamma: I'm feeling the same way! I feel like I have so much to do, and my husband is so calm about the whole thing and acts like we have tons of time left. I keep reminding him that we only have 6 weeks, and that's assuming I don't give birth early! You never know what can happen!

31. Ms. RV

pear / 1930 posts

@lilteacherbee: This is my first, but when people ask what I'm having and I say a girl, they are always like "aww... aren't you excited???" Should I not be excited if it were a boy?

32. cat620

pear / 1809 posts

@Ms. RV: People always assume women want girls and men want boys. Every time we tell people we are having a second boy, the men are always high-fiving my husband or telling him he lucked out, etc. So annoying!

33. Ms. RV

pear / 1930 posts

@aprild: I tell people that comment (and it is the truth) that I'm equally excited and terrified-- I know how horrible I was to my mom as a teenager!!

34. buttermilk

nectarine / 2086 posts

@lilteacherbee: omg what is wrong with ppl seriously!?

35. buttermilk

nectarine / 2086 posts

alright, I'm sorry if this is TMI but i have been dying to ask you guys...

I've spent the majority of this pregnancy fairly constipated. At least the first half. Now for the past 3ish weeks, I can seriously poo like 3-4 times a day! I told the midwife this week and she was like "Great!!" I'm wondering if this is a common thing in the last tri? Lol.

36. Mrs. J

pomelo / 5132 posts

@buttermilk: not common for me! I'm jealous!!

37. OhCaptain

kiwi / 696 posts

@buttermilk: I'm having the opposite problem! I had no problem the first two tris and now, I wouldn't say im constipated, everything is just very difficult. Maybe I'm dehydrated or not getting enough fiber....

38. Portboston

persimmon / 1281 posts

@buttermilk: I've been on stool softeners almost my whole pregnancy. But I have heard constipation usually comes back in the 3rd tri due to all our insides being squished. Of course everyone is different! Id love to have your problem!!

39. kjpugs

grapefruit / 4862 posts

@buttermilk: My constipation has been 4x worse this pregnancy than last. I feel like it was gone by now last time? But I've had some looser BM's too- never happened last pregnancy until right before I was in labor/ so that freaked me out too! Lose/lose, LOL. Ugh, 8 weeks, then getting over the initial post partum poop and issues, and then maybe I can feel "normal" in that department again!

True life that I don't think I ever shared with HB last time- a week ish PP with my first I fully pooped my pants in BuyBuy Baby. Like 0-60, no prairie dogging, no warning- just turned to my husband mid sentence and said "I just $h!t my pants." Luckily I was wearing a massive pad (result of me telling DH to "go buy the biggest pads they sell") so that plus baby wipes, it was fine! But my sister was with us and I think I scarred her for life.

40. OhCaptain

kiwi / 696 posts

@kjpugs: OMG. I don't think my husband would ever let me forget that.

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee