Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

August 2016 moms!

1. agold

grapefruit / 4045 posts

@coopsmama: Wow! I'm so sorry your kid got chicken pox. Hopefully its run its course by the time your new little one gets here. Did your kids get the chicken pox vaccine? Just curious. I don't want to give it to my child, but I think my state mandates it.

2. coopsmama

cantaloupe / 6059 posts

@agold: No, they did not receive it. Their ped was fine with that one - the kids are selectively vaccinated for a few reasons specific to their health. I just checked and it turns out our state requires varicella for school entrance, as well, but we live in one of the easiest states for exemptions so on the selective schedule it shouldn't be a problem for us.

I'm not worried about complications from it but the timing is just comical! Why do unexpected things always pop up right before a baby is due? My neighbor down the street just told my husband tonight they are moving this weekend (we don't see them often so didn't know) somewhat unexpectedly and she is due in August right around when I am.

Hopefully the next week or two passes by quickly and the kids get through it as painlessly as possible. I'm just going to stay positive!

3. Aandmklover

kiwi / 506 posts

@coopsmama: oh what a mess! I hope she heals quickly.

4. LCTBQE

nectarine / 2461 posts

aghhh I was working on deadline again, this thread grew by like 5 pages since I last checked in!
    @ShootingStar: I am SO relieved to hear that everything's okay with you. that sounded terrifying. glad we are getting further along but that baby needs to stay put
    @MRSWHIT1: my own mom asked to come for the birth and I told her absolutely not. I don't have any sisters so there's no one else that she'd experience being present for a birth with (my brother's wife would also not be down for that, to put it lightly), but watching someone labor and push out an infant isn't an experience that anyone's entitled to. I think it's great that you have a nice relationship with your MIL, but that sounds about as intimate and gnarly as it can get--it's a BIG thing for her to ask. I'd say yes if you think she'll provide you specific comfort and support that you would like to have, but it ain't a spectator sport. @pwnstar: ughhhh to the 1000 people + flood lights. hoping your baby boy's birth is easy, easy, easy
    @pregnantbee: still love shootingstar's list! thanks for the additions is everyone doing a birth plan? I'm not sure if I need one since I'm hoping for an epidural, but love to hear if that's dead wrong and everyone is doing one.
    @T.H.O.U.: even with zero children I'd be pretty (incredibly) annoyed about the fishing/drinking trip, too. Maybe less so if he *actually* did clean like a madman and do all the nesting to-do stuff before and after the trip and you didn't have to haul ass on your birthday mopping and doing errands, but sounds like he's good about that stuff? which would be the difference between your husband and mine loved pwnstar's suggestion, too.

5. coopsmama

cantaloupe / 6059 posts

@Aandmklover: thanks!

6. OldpuebloJenn

kiwi / 595 posts

@coopsmama: my older brothers both had chicken pox when my mom was 8 months pregnant with me. I never had then, and was tested 20 years ago to see if I had the immunity- I did! My mom always thought maybe I'd had chicken pox in utero!

7. coopsmama

cantaloupe / 6059 posts

@OldpuebloJenn: That is incredibly fascinating! Had your mom had them when she was a child?

8. OldpuebloJenn

kiwi / 595 posts

@coopsmama: no, and she's never had them! She did end up getting the vaccination.

9. AprilFool

nectarine / 2591 posts

@ShootingStar: So glad to hear this update

@coopsmama: Argh sucks your LO has the pox. Fingers crossed #1 does not get it or at least gets it quickly. Just what you need with DH working so much.

@LCTBQE: I had to fill out a very basic birth plan for my midwives and other than that, my plan is get baby out safely.

@MRSWHIT1: No MIL in the room for me. I was a mess last time and no one but DH needs to see that, especially not my MIL.

10. pwnstar

pear / 1718 posts

@coopsmama: I'm so sorry! I hope it's mild and everyone is on the mend quickly! What health issues do your LOs have that make(s) the vaccine a bad fit for them?

@ShootingStar: I am so glad to read your update! I hope you are feeling better, and that the rest of your pregnancy is uneventful.

11. T.H.O.U.

wonderful clementine / 24134 posts

@coopsmama: Im so sorry to hear that! We delayed the chicken pox vaccine as well. Its required for school and we will probably go ahead and vaccinate her now but I didn't see the need to do it when she was so young and getting so many other vaccines.

12. agold

grapefruit / 4045 posts

@coopsmama: @T.H.O.U.: I hope I can find an exemption for the chicken pox vaccine, or at least delay it. The babies get so many more vaccines nowadays than when we were kids. Oh, just one more thing to add to my list of things to think and worry about for this baby girl I'm carrying!

13. agold

grapefruit / 4045 posts

Question re: chiropractors:

So I'm having a pretty constant pain issue in my back. Its associated with my right leg. Feels like my back needs to be cracked or something is out of alignment. Has anyone gone to a chiropractor while pregnant? I'm scared to really do anything to my body while carrying this baby!

14. avivoca

watermelon / 14467 posts

@agold: Popping in from October, but YES. I went last pregnancy from 28 weeks on and it helped me so much.

15. T.H.O.U.

@agold: The other big one to look into is the Rotavirus vaccine. We gave it to my daughter and she still got it. With my son, our doctor said he wasn't positive the risks of the tax outweighed the risk of the illness so we declined that too.

16. ShootingStar

coconut / 8472 posts

@agold: My OB actually recommended it. My work chair is causing some funky alignment in my back and she said it could be my sciatic nerve and that some people find a chiropractor helpful for that.

To answer your headache question - yes, I regularly get migraines. Although, I don't really get them when I'm pregnant. And usually if I do get a headache (during pregnancy), one dose of tylenol pretty much does it. It was super weird yesterday that I had a 24 hour head that just wouldn't go away. For migraines I normally take a full dose of Excedrin and wait 20 minutes, if it's still not gone, I take another full dose and that generally wipes it out. My midwife agreed yesterday that that's not the best course of action in pregnancy .

@coopsmama: I'm so sorry you have one more thing piled on your plate! I hope your daughter gets better soon.

17. agold

grapefruit / 4045 posts

@avivoca: Thank you for letting me know! Did you go to a regular chiro, or one that specializes in pregnant women needs?

@ShootingStar: Great! I am going to my OB tomorrow so I will ask if she can recommend someone. And I'm so very sorry about your migraines. That must be awful to deal with while pregnant and know you *can* take something to help, but that you *wont* in order to protect the baby.

@T.H.O.U.: Thank you for the heads up. What is the Rotavirus vaccine supposed to prevent? I really just want to give my kids the standard vaccines that we all got as kids.

18. ShootingStar

coconut / 8472 posts

@MRSWHIT1: I'm not sure I can adequately express how much I would say NO to that request. Having my MIL there during an extremely painful, vulnerable and emotional time sounds more like torture. I had some tough moments during labor when I seriously wanted everyone to leave the room, including DH, just so I could break down and cry and not have people on top of me the whole time.

But my induction was pretty rough - they kept losing DS's heartbeat and I refused the internal monitor for him, so I had to lay in one position and not move at all through continuous contractions. It was like I just had no way to manage the pain and the emotions, and people were in our room constantly. It was really hard and not something I want my MIL around for. And I never even got to the delivery part! I ended up needing a c-section for failure to progress.

Even if I had a normal delivery, I still can not fathom wanting someone other than DH there for that. Even a perfect labor is hard and painful and not something I want on display, or where I'd want someone around that had to be entertained.

19. avivoca

watermelon / 14467 posts

@agold: I went to one recommended by my midwife. They do see non-pregnant people, but they are highly regarded in the birth community here and I preferred to go there rather than some person I found on the internet.

20. ShootingStar

coconut / 8472 posts

@T.H.O.U.: I had a lot of debate about the Rotavirus one too, but when I asked my ped I think she said that the vaccine had been improved. We went ahead with it and he had no side effects.

21. pregnantbee

grapefruit / 4717 posts

@coopsmama: Well, I hope everyone gets it and over it in a timely enough fashion to spare baby girl. Timing stinks!

@LCTBQE: I've done a birth plan b/c for some reason I end up leaning toward more natural birth even though I don't consider myself a "crunchy" mom. We have a doula and everything.

@OldpuebloJenn: So interesting!

@agold: Sorry, no chiropractor experience while pregnant. I've heard it can work wonders, though. You'd want to search for one that specializes in prenatal care.

22. AprilFool

nectarine / 2591 posts

@agold: I have been going to a chiro since about 28 weeks and until this week it was making the world of difference. I go to a large practice and was recommended someone who works with pregnancy

23. AprilFool

nectarine / 2591 posts

It's 4am and I am wake. Yay!

24. pregnantbee

grapefruit / 4717 posts

2nd/3rd time moms: Do you remember or are you starting to feel more nervous about L&D this time around than you did for your first or 2nd? My anxiety about L&D just started ramping up. I'm nervous baby won't be perfect when she's born, that something will happen to me during the process, etc. Tips/tricks/ways to calm down and be ok with the impending L&D?

25. pregnantbee

grapefruit / 4717 posts

@AprilFool: Oh no! I was up every 2 hrs all night last night. UGH. Dying at work today.

26. T.H.O.U.

@ShootingStar: Yes the vaccine that was causing the issues was taken off market and a new one introduced. My pedi said he personally didn't feel like there was enough research done yet though on the new one.

@agold: Rotavirus is a really bad stomach bug thats pretty contagious. Unless you end up really dehydrated it wont kill you.

27. T.H.O.U.

@pregnantbee: I felt that way going into my second delivery. My first was kinda a mess (great outcome but just long and painful). The second was SOO much better. So this time I'm not too worried.

28. OldpuebloJenn

kiwi / 595 posts

@pregnantbee: I'm getting so very anxious. I truly had a perfect birth with DD that I'm scared lightening won't strike twice. And even though parenting a newborn was no walk in the park, we had no issues, no hospitalization, no illness, no problem BFing. So now my mind is freaking out towards the "what ifs".

I just got a prenatal massage, and have one scheduled every 10 days here on out, so j hope that helps!

29. ShootingStar

coconut / 8472 posts

@pregnantbee: Maybe some meditation would help? I'm a tiny bit anxious this time, though much less than I was last time. I was petrified of vag. birth, partially because I had really really bad hemorrhoids 😳. This time I'll have a planned c-section so it's somewhat familiar, I've had a c-section and know what recovery will be like. I'm a little worried about the spinal block because the epidural was like a nightmare last time.

Right now I'm a little more on edge about baby arriving before 35 weeks. Especially after my episode yesterday. And last night DH said he was a little disappointed it wasn't a more exciting visit - like, no baby at the end of it. I was like 😱. I had to ask him if he had any idea how non-ideal it would be if baby arrived yesterday. And he's all like "oh, the odds are she'll be fine." And I was like "yes, she'd more than likely be alive and have a good prognosis, but she could need to spends weeks in the NICU, she could have problems eating and breathing, and most of my maternity leave would be gone by the time she actually got to come home." He just has no idea.

And meanwhile, one of my fellow Nov '13 moms recently had her 2nd at 35 weeks (had IUGR), and I've been seeing all of the struggles they've gone through with a premature baby so it's really up front in my mind.

30. pregnantbee

grapefruit / 4717 posts

@T.H.O.U.: @OldpuebloJenn: @ShootingStar: Thanks for chiming in. I was blessed with a pretty great first delivery. We did have some hiccups that I won't go into here, but it was overall good. I had an extremely hard time with the newborn phase, but at least I kinda know what to expect this time around. I just hope for a better sleeper

31. pregnantbee

grapefruit / 4717 posts

@OldpuebloJenn: A massage every 10 days sounds glorious. I hope we all get to have our dream L&D this time around.

32. AprilFool

nectarine / 2591 posts

@pregnantbee: My anxiety has been through the roof this week, especially with LO turning posterior. My first labour was tough and I am worried about this one going exactly the same. The hardest thing for me this time is the lack of control. If I had a when and where I think I would feel more at ease, so many more unknowns this time. The first time it didn't matter when I went into labour because there was no one at home I needed to take care of.

33. AprilFool

nectarine / 2591 posts

@T.H.O.U.: It is comforting to hear you say that about your second labour

34. OldpuebloJenn

kiwi / 595 posts

@AprilFool: this Exactly this! I want a schedule this time!

35. pregnantbee

grapefruit / 4717 posts

@AprilFool: Yes, this, too. Need to be sure my son is taken care of. I have 3 back-up sets of friends who will be on call! I just wish I could predict what day/time of day this will all happen!

36. T.H.O.U.

Right now (33 weeks) I'm not so stressed about what day/time this is going to happen but more stressed about how in the world am I going to get EVEN bigger and more uncomfortable in even just the next 4 weeks. I know I'm not ready yet but OMG a baby naturally at 38/39 weeks would be amazing.

37. pregnantbee

grapefruit / 4717 posts

@T.H.O.U.: I'd love my baby to come on her own around 39w. That would be awesome. I'm so so so so uncomfortable at all times.

38. agold

grapefruit / 4045 posts

@T.H.O.U.: Thanks for the info! I prefer that vaccines be tested for like decades before I give them to my kid.

@OldpuebloJenn: OMG. Massage every 10 days. You. Are. Lucky. Enjoy it, lady!!

@T.H.O.U.: I just started wondering the same thing last night!! My stomach feels so tight already. I can't imagine my skin giving anymore than it already has. When do/can stretch marks come? I haven't gotten any yet. But I just imagine waking up one of these days with stretch marks all over my stomach because its, umm... stretching!!!

39. AprilFool

nectarine / 2591 posts

@T.H.O.U.: @pregnantbee: Yep yep yep and yep. I'm not going to do anything to encourage it but I would be so grateful to go early

@agold: I just found some angry red stretch marks on my hips at 36 weeks. I didn't get any with #1 so am a bit sad

40. T.H.O.U.

I'm just counting down the days to finish out this week, then we have the holiday weekend. Then Tuesday (7/5) I get my growth ultrasound! Hopefully we will know more about needing an induction at 39w (like my other two) versus if they will let me go past 40w.

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee